Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1527814 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:20am On May 10, 2018
ekpotek:

Technically it is possible as it’s is the prerogative of the applicant to choice which visa category and duration. However, in practice you’re advised to start with 6 months and progress to 2 years, 5 years and utilmately 10 years. Only the ECO has the final say to approve. I have seen cases of approval for less visa duration than applied for. You travel history may count, but you must be a high profile personality well know locally and internationally to get 2 years UK visit visa at first attempt.

I’m not known locally and internationally and I got mine 2 years first attempt many years ago, same as some of my family members, my family name doesn’t even ring ring a bell anywhere please!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:23am On May 10, 2018
askari01:

Hell No!!!. a day old baby cannot eat catfish pepper soup. Even if you have all the Visas in the world , you are still a first timer if applying for uk visa for the first time.

It doesn’t matter please, you’ve not heard it happen doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened, I got mine first attempt two years, I know a couple of people too , first attempt two years , so it’s very possible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 1:16pm On May 10, 2018
Hi guys. Quick question please; is there a delay in visa processing from ikeja
I got an email an acknowledgment email on receiving my application on May 1st. From then till now, it still shows “received by UKVI” when I track. No decision made yet. It’s making me a bit worried. On Tuesday would make it 15 working days since I did my biometrics and still no decision has been made yet. Please advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 10, 2018
Thatfiyahgirl:
I got an email an acknowledgment email on receiving my application on May 1st. From then till now, it still shows “received by UKVI” when I track. No decision made yet. It’s making me a bit worried. On Tuesday would make it 15 working days since I did my biometrics and still no decision has been made yet. Please advice.
You may receive all the updates at once or there’s a slight delay , I got two updates at once In my case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tom5678: 5:01pm On May 10, 2018
Thatfiyahgirl:
Same here too, how were you able to track it asides the TLS contact website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MissNK: 5:43pm On May 10, 2018
Gurus in the house, please assist.
On Visa renewal, I’ve submitted online, made payment and booked my appointment which is in less than 2 weeks. But I just got a mail from the hotel I made reservation that my booking has been canceled because of insufficient fund in my account. (Obviously the booking was just to submit my application)
Question is, will the hotel be contacted to confirm my booking? Should I still go ahead, since I already have a printed out confirmation? Can I submit a different hotel booking confirmation while my application is carrying another hotel details?
What is the process of changing hotel on an already submitted application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by monchat(m): 6:03pm On May 10, 2018
I d'nt think the hotel will be contacted during your visa processing. The important thing is that the booking confirmation is reflecting on the hotel reservation u submitted. But to be on a safe side I will advice u to write a note and explain to the consulate officer that you received an email on so so date that your reservation was cancelled and now u have book another one. Attach the letter with the new booking and attached a letter with the one u cancelled. Arrange it well, so that the person scanning it at the visa office will place it inorder when scanning to home office in uk. This is my advice. I think is better u explain to them.

On Visa renewal, I’ve submitted online, made payment and booked my appointment which is in less than 2 weeks. But I just got a mail from the hotel I made reservation that my booking has been canceled because of insufficient fund in my account. (Obviously the booking was just to submit my application)
Question is, will the hotel be contacted to confirm my booking? Should I still go ahead, since I already have a printed out confirmation? Can I submit a different hotel booking confirmation while my application is carrying another hotel details?
What is the process of changing hotel on an already submitted application? [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 6:28pm On May 10, 2018
tom5678:

Same here too, how were you able to track it asides the TLS contact website.

I’ve been tracking just via tha tls contact website. When did you do your biometrics
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 6:29pm On May 10, 2018
chloe00:

You may receive all the updates at once or there’s a slight delay , I got two updates at once In my case.

Thanks. I received just one. Fingers crossed

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tom5678: 7:13pm On May 10, 2018
Thatfiyahgirl:

I’ve been tracking just via tha tls contact website. When did you do your biometrics
April 24th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fifiglow(f): 8:02pm On May 10, 2018
Good Evening everyone!

Kindly advice

my family visit - 6 months UK visa was approved in Nov 2017
I travelled early December and stayed for four weeks, (returned 1st week in January 2018)

I went back to the UK for Easter holiday towards the end of March 2018 and stayed for 5 weeks (returned 1st week in May 2018) before visa expiration

Pls how soon can I process my 2 years visa renewal?

Thank you

Cc justwise
Cc ekpotek

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:44pm On May 10, 2018
Fifiglow:

Good Evening everyone!

Kindly advice

my family visit - 6 months UK visa was approved in Nov 2017
I travelled early December and stayed for four weeks, (returned 1st week in January 2018)

I went back to the UK for Easter holiday towards the end of March 2018 and stayed for 5 weeks (returned 1st week in May 2018) before visa expiration

Pls how soon can I process my 2 years visa renewal?

Thank you

Cc justwise
Cc ekpotek

Anytime you are ready, its up to you when you want to make the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 6:32am On May 11, 2018
chloe00:

It doesn’t matter please, you’ve not heard it happen doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened, I got mine first attempt two years, I know a couple of people too , first attempt two years , so it’s very possible

hi Chloe,
I gbadun the way you dey take ginger us we first timer for here...
thanks for the advice and Word of encouragement given.
God bless you my beautiful sister...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 6:48am On May 11, 2018
[quote author=MissNK post=67449352]Gurus in the house, please assist.
Question is, will the /quote]

please how much was your account debited for the 2Years visa fee?

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MissNK: 6:53am On May 11, 2018
[quote author=ladylco post=67460156][/quote]
$511 that’s about 187k when I paid
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MissNK: 6:56am On May 11, 2018
Okay. Thanks.

monchat:
I d'nt think the hotel will be contacted during your visa processing. The important thing is that the booking confirmation is reflecting on the hotel reservation u submitted. But to be on a safe side I will advice u to write a note and explain to the consulate officer that you received an email on so so date that your reservation was cancelled and now u have book another one. Attach the letter with the new booking and attached a letter with the one u cancelled. Arrange it well, so that the person scanning it at the visa office will place it inorder when scanning to home office in uk. This is my advice. I think is better u explain to them.

What is the process of changing hotel on an already submitted application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 7:03am On May 11, 2018
Ok, so a summary of my application process. After applying for the first time last year and having to withdraw my application because I needed my passport for another trip and it had been with UKVI for 2 months and no decision was reached, I was a bit wary to apply this time around. I applied on the 18th of April. This time around I ensured I tries as much as possible to make things easy for them with a detailed cover letter. I spoke about my interest in going there, I explained inflows above N200k into my account that were not my salary (hence could not be seen on my attached payslips). I also documented reasons why I would definitely come back to Nigeria. I don't have landed property but I stated thatbi would definitely come back to meet my husband and that I have a good job here e.t.c.i also stated that as shown in the photocopies of my passport pages which I attached, I had always come back to Nigeria within the stipulated time in all my previous travels. I picked up my passport with the visa on the 10th of May, exactly 3 weeks after the application with the 6 months visa.#UKfirst timer. I dont know what worked but I am glad to have my passport back without any delays this time around.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 7:29am On May 11, 2018
mokikeoj:
Ok, so a summary of my application process. After applying for the first time last year and having to withdraw my application because I needed my passport for another trip and it had been with UKVI for 2 months and no decision was reached, I was a bit wary to apply this time around. I applied on the 18th of April. This time around I ensured I tries as much as possible to make things easy for them with a detailed cover letter. I spoke about my interest in going there, I explained inflows above N200k into my account that were not my salary (hence could not be seen on my attached payslips). I also documented reasons why I would definitely come back to Nigeria. I don't have landed property but I stated thatbi would definitely come back to meet my husband and that I have a good job here e.t.c.i also stated that as shown in the photocopies of my passport pages which I attached, I had always come back to Nigeria within the stipulated time in all my previous travels. I picked up my passport with the visa on the 10th of May, exactly 3 weeks after the application with the 6 months visa.#UKfirst timer. I dont know what worked but I am glad to have my passport back without any delays this time around.

congratulations...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by galazito: 8:47am On May 11, 2018
mokikeoj:
Congrats... Pls how much was your account statement closing balance after six months?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wxyz1: 10:35am On May 11, 2018
Good day Gurus' in the house, I was given a 6 months Visa and i traveled to the UK and returned yesterday. But i have this plans:
i want to rent a house in Burnley, UK for at least 1 year down payment, i have the plans of relocating my family to the uk why i continue my business here. My question is, can renting a house for one year in the UK be a contributing factor in getting a migrant Visa for my family? Is it even eligible for me to rent a house in the UK with my visit Visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 10:49am On May 11, 2018
tom5678:

April 24th

Same date as me. Please let me know if you hear back. I’ll do same. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by monchat(m): 11:02am On May 11, 2018
Congrats for the 6months visa.

As a visitor u can lent apartment with y family for the duration of stay u are required to stay only if u are lucky to get a house owner that can lent u a house with a visiting visa. Kindly note dat duration of stay in the UK is 180days (6months) so if u or y family overstay, u are now count as illegal immigrants.

Renting a house in the UK can not make y family get migrant stay in the UK. If u want to relocate y family to the UK, u make enquiries on it or guru's in the house can explain better.

I was given a 6 months Visa and i traveled to the UK and returned yesterday. But i have this plans:
i want to rent a house in Burnley, UK for at least 1 year down payment, i have the plans of relocating my family to the uk why i continue my business here. My question is, can renting a house for one year in the UK be a contributing factor in getting a migrant Visa for my family? Is it even eligible for me to rent a house in the UK with my visit Visa? [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wxyz1: 12:14pm On May 11, 2018
monchat:
Congrats for the 6months visa.

As a visitor u can lent apartment with y family for the duration of stay u are required to stay only if u are lucky to get a house owner that can lent u a house with a visiting visa. Kindly note dat duration of stay in the UK is 180days (6months) so if u or y family overstay, u are now count as illegal immigrants.

Renting a house in the UK can not make y family get migrant stay in the UK. If u want to relocate y family to the UK, u make enquiries on it or guru's in the house can explain better.

I was given a 6 months Visa and i traveled to the UK and returned yesterday. But i have this plans:
i want to rent a house in Burnley, UK for at least 1 year down payment, i have the plans of relocating my family to the uk why i continue my business here. My question is, can renting a house for one year in the UK be a contributing factor in getting a migrant Visa for my family? Is it even eligible for me to rent a house in the UK with my visit Visa?
Thank you for your contribution. So what is the prerequisite for Migrant Visa to the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by monchat(m): 3:14pm On May 11, 2018
The only way I know one can migrate and stay legally in the UK is through work visa, spouse visa, family visa or study visa. Other guru's in the house can contribute too.

Thank you for your contribution. So what is the prerequisite for Migrant Visa to the UK?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tom5678: 5:58pm On May 11, 2018
Thatfiyahgirl:

Same date as me. Please let me know if you hear back. I’ll do same. Thanks
Alright I'll let you know, fingers crossed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olumig(m): 7:05pm On May 11, 2018
@justwise, I sent you a pm, haven't got a feedback from u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mumyjand: 10:04pm On May 11, 2018
Hello house am new here I have an issue want to apply for uk visit visa but was denied 2013 so planning to reapply this are my status that have changed I own my business now, have 4kids so am planning to submit my business account and personal savings but my account was used to receive money by my dad in March which was cash out with my cheque book by him but on normal day I do receive huge amount in my account from customer but that was the biggest in the past 6month most customers use p.os and transfer and some pay in cash which I pay into the account myself my fear now is the money my dad received in my account total over 2million was cash out same day because it was meant for my sister building site Hope I won’t have issues with this money when I apply please house I need your help on this thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by monchat(m): 10:54am On May 12, 2018
Not at all. No issue, provided money comes in and go out from your account. The only problem is if u keep logging money a month to y submission without taking out, that is where suspecious comes in.

Hello house am new here I have an issue want to apply for uk visit visa but was denied 2013 so planning to reapply this are my status that have changed I own my business now, have 4kids so am planning to submit my business account and personal savings but my account was used to receive money by my dad in March which was cash out with my cheque book by him but on normal day I do receive huge amount in my account from customer but that was the biggest in the past 6month most customers use p.os and transfer and some pay in cash which I pay into the account myself my fear now is the money my dad received in my account total over 2million was cash out same day because it was meant for my sister building site Hope I won’t have issues with this money when I apply please house I need your help on this thank you [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mumyjand: 3:14pm On May 12, 2018
I don’t keep money for long because I do restock every week so large money don’t stay in my account I have invoice of my transactions and pos receipt too am I good to go
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 9:07pm On May 12, 2018
wxyz1:
Good day Gurus' in the house, I was given a 6 months Visa and i traveled to the UK and returned yesterday. But i have this plans:

It’s a CAPITAL NO. You won’t even be allowed to rent an apartment legally anyways. That’s not the right approach Bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Marytee2: 11:01pm On May 12, 2018
Hello house. Can someone switch from a tier 2 dependent visa to tier 2 general visa(migrant) within the UK?
Thanks so much for your reply.
Cc @Justwise
Cc @ Ekpotec....and other gurus in the house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.