Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530215 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 2:41pm On May 30, 2018
I think the delay is due to the summer season, people apply for visa alot at this time...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 3:21pm On May 30, 2018
fbimbola:
Yes

Having a UK visa does not mean you still cant be turned back at POE. Based on my first experience at Heathrow some years back, the immigration officer even called my hotel to confirm if i have a booking with them. Be warned.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 3:25pm On May 30, 2018
Enybaby2018:
Thank you. Would that be all? Pics of me and daughter,Birth Cert and consent letter from father? are these the 3 documents i should include to the other ones i listed?

Your daughter birth certificate. Some photo of you and your daughter together. Yes her father consent is necessary since you’re not married to him.

In addition to that, you could also get an affidavit of single mother at the high court for your records. Thats what i use for all my son’s visa application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 4:00pm On May 30, 2018
iapt:
Hello guys...after reading people's posts here, i think i have made a big mistake while filling my application online...I didnt indicate i was refused a USA visa, do you think i should withdraw the application or they cant verify this...please i need an urgent response on this...please help
As long as there is no refusal stamp on ur passport, they will not know.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 4:06pm On May 30, 2018
iapt:

No, they didn't stamp my passport...I have some travel history though, I just thought the USA refusal could affect my chances...but after reading this thread, i found out its not a criteria because I have all required documents (CAC for my hotel, Personal income taX clearance, LIRS certificate for the company, 2 houses and 2 acres of land in Lagos, account balance of 1.3million)...but as it stands, i will have to cancel the appointment and do another one immediately...but i dont know how long the refund will take...Thanks all the way bro

It takes 28working days to refund your money back to the account you paid from.
I cancelled my first application because i couldnt get the money i was expecting and also made a mistake about my income...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bobbyz1: 4:23pm On May 30, 2018
emeldamicheals:
18 workings days? Starting from Biometrics day or ....?

@ekpotek Thanks for the sound advice. My decision made status was ticked yesterday evening marking 18 working days. I got the passport ready for collection notification this morning on my way to work.

Despite all the concerns I had, my application was successful; 2 yrs visit visa. I guess my travel history bailed me out. Thank God I didn't withdraw lol. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my earlier post.

Yes. I submitted on the 3rd of May. I think the delay is due to the season and also if I'm not mistaken UK had 2 holidays over the period. I know this past Monday was a holiday in the UK. Don't forget that the UKVI does not work during local holidays.

I called and I was informed a decision was made late afternoon Tuesday of the 22nd.

Now this is my own opinion. Totally unscientific but it proved right for me.

Studying timelines from documented applications I noticed that most applications were released 4 days upon decision. Friday was a holiday in Ghana and Monday was a holiday. So I was expecting my notification today and lo and behold I got the notification this morning. This is Ghana though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 4:42pm On May 30, 2018
Menakay:

Who told you that? Justwise has advised that you state it. They do share info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by raheemkeji(f): 4:57pm On May 30, 2018
Hello Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I applied for UK Visa in 2016 but was denied. Now I am re applying next Month but i have forgotten the Date of Birth i used for my Dad & Mom as i do not know their real date of birth. is there anyway i could retrieve my Previous application? Your positive response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:59pm On May 30, 2018
fbimbola:
Yes

I will advised your colleague not to cancel the hotel booking. Your colleague will be required to complete an immigration landing card to disclose a contact address in the UK. Anything question can arise at point of entry, such as why your colleague did not declare this information in the application

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fbimbola(f): 5:06pm On May 30, 2018
Okay, thank you.
Endlessgrace:

Having a UK visa does not mean you still cant be turned back at POE. Based on my first experience at Heathrow some years back, the immigration officer even called my hotel to confirm if i have a booking with them. Be warned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fbimbola(f): 5:06pm On May 30, 2018
Thank you.

ekpotek:

I will advised your colleague not to cancel the hotel booking. Your colleague will be required to complete an immigration landing card to disclose a contact address in the UK. Anything question can arise at point of entry, such as why your colleague did not declare this information in the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 6:15pm On May 30, 2018
bayolino:

Any update on your application pls? And which center did u submitted your application Ikeja or VI?

Cheers!

No update till now. I submitted my application at Ikeja.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 6:28pm On May 30, 2018
obaxlove:

Hello,

Please did you apply at Ikeja or VI?

Please those who applied 2nd and 4th through Ikeja, have you received collection mail?

We applied on the 2nd at Ikeja but yet to get any mail nor the decision made ticked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 6:55pm On May 30, 2018
folmus:

Who told you that? Justwise has advised that you state it. They do share info.
I have done more than 3 applications with US and Canada refusal but didnt state the refusal and all visas were issued. Well just ignore my initial post and withdraw ur application, i was just tryin to help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by omoijebujesha(f): 6:57pm On May 30, 2018
Hello.
My family and i submitted at the Victoria Island centre on the 4th of may 2018. We got the "ready for collection" email today. We have been to the UK more than once. Picking up tomorrow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kunletiwo(m): 7:19pm On May 30, 2018
Hello Guys,

My sis who got married to an Ex-British Army(A Nigerian, with a British passport) has got permit to remain after 4years of her stay in the U.K.

She got a multiply entry visa before she traveled 4years ago, now she wants to visit Nigeria for the first time in 4years with her residence permit to remain. Her Ecowas passport will expire in August 2018.

My question: Must her Ecowas passport has 6months validity before she can visit Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:52pm On May 30, 2018
Menakay:

Please don't be naive, its just a matter of time you will regret your previous lies
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:57pm On May 30, 2018
iapt:
Hello guys...after reading people's posts here, i think i have made a big mistake while filling my application online...I didnt indicate i was refused a USA visa, do you think i should withdraw the application or they cant verify this...please i need an urgent response on this...please help

They can verify anything if they want to, avoid lying in your application not even when they have your biometric details. They don't need to see the refusal stamp on your passport to know that you been refused before

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:59pm On May 30, 2018
kunletiwo:
Hello Guys,

My sis who got married to an Ex-British Army(A Nigerian, with a British passport) has got permit to remain after 4years of her stay in the U.K.

She got a multiply entry visa before she traveled 4years ago, now she wants to visit Nigeria for the first time in 4years with her residence permit to remain. Her Ecowas passport will expire in August 2018.

My question: Must her Ecowas passport has 6months validity before she can visit Nigeria?

No, she can use it even with one week validity left on it.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kunletiwo(m): 8:04pm On May 30, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

No, she can use it even with one week validity left on it.

Okay! Noted.

Thank you Bro. God bless!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 8:51pm On May 30, 2018
justwise:

Please don't be naive, its just a matter of time you will regret your previous lies

The said previous lies is like a baby given birth to that cannot been recalled back to d womb for abortion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Favourme84: 11:42pm On May 30, 2018
@Justwise and ekpotek,

I did my biometrics 6th of March,2018...Im yet to get my passport back.I sent mail to them 8th of May, they replied that they cannot tell me when decision will be make on my application but they will make decide as soon as they were able to.

PLEASE what do you think i should do next...sincerely im seriously worry.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luvhenry(m): 5:23am On May 31, 2018
Hi guys. Which of the centre is cheaper. Ikeja or vi?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 5:38am On May 31, 2018
justwise:

They can verify anything if they want to, avoid lying in your application not even when they have your biometric details. They don't need to see the refusal stamp on your passport to know that you been refused before

Thanks alot bro...i have learnt my lessons...I am glad I didn't learn it the hard way (been denied because of that)...I have cancelled my application already, hoping to start all over today...God bless everyone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 5:39am On May 31, 2018
alert20:

It takes 28working days to refund your money back to the account you paid from.
I cancelled my first application because i couldnt get the money i was expecting and also made a mistake about my income...

Thanks bro...i got a mail from them stating this...you are so right...Thanks all the way
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by raheemkeji(f): 9:04am On May 31, 2018
Hello Everyone!

I applied for UK Visa in 2016 but was denied. Now I am re applying next Month but i have forgotten the Date of Birth i used for my Dad & Mom as i do not know their real date of birth. is there anyway i could retrieve my Previous application? Your positive response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mobu7(f): 10:45am On May 31, 2018
Amolad111:

@Eyzeberg,

I also applied on the 2nd of May but yet to get decision made info nor pick up passport message. Maybe there's a general delay. Let's keep updating d house on any information.

Have you tried calling?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 10:50am On May 31, 2018
please who knows some nice tourist attraction in London that is free entry. it is urgently needed. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 12:17pm On May 31, 2018
mavinc4u:
please who knows some nice tourist attraction in London that is free entry. it is urgently needed. Thanks
Google it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 12:48pm On May 31, 2018
Menakay:

Google it

Lol, please I don't need google it movement because I did it before asking here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 12:52pm On May 31, 2018
raheemkeji:
Hello Everyone!

Thank you

You should have chosen I do not know their details since you were not sure of it then. Let's wait for what the gurus will say on it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 1:25pm On May 31, 2018
Good day house,
Received my passport today but was refused based on a funny reason.
I practically attached the invitation letter when submitting my supporting documents at tlscontact-nigeria-lagos-abuja and also listed it along my visa supporting documents. Pls find attached refusal letter for your advice.
I intend applying immediately God willing next week. So that I can meet up with the exhibition program I propose attending on 21st of june.
Will be waiting for your contributions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.