Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1536256 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:57am On Jun 03, 2018
emeldamicheals:
Thanks for ur response. I will try not to exceed one month. Since, i hv a valid US visa. Can i stay a month in UK. Travel to US. Stay maybe one week and come back to UK and stay another one month b4 returning home. Is this viable?

Obviously be ready to expect issues in your next application if you stayed beyond at most 3 weeks. If you really want to stay beyond 2 weeks, declare it in on landing card and defend it at POE.

That will depend on what you stated on your visa application form and what you do in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adelejane: 9:03am On Jun 03, 2018
Hi Gurus ,

i intend visiting UK with my kids for my brothers PHD graduation. what type of visa options should i select...

Family or Tourism?

we intend applying for two years visit visa. i have been to the UK before, did my MSC in the uk and also visited once in 2015 with my daughter. my son hasn't been before cos he wasn't born then. does he qualify for a 2 years visit visa too?

another question is that my parents are also attending the graduation and they have booked a big family accommodation for all of us and they will be paying . it means our accommodation is sorted.

will this be an issue? I'm married and i have my own company and can afford the entire trip but once my parents have booked a family accommodation i see no reason to book another. how do i proof this in my application that they are sponsoring accommodation and what supporting document do i need to show . im the one paying for the flight and living expense in the uk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:05am On Jun 03, 2018
Lordcrixus:

You don’t need to cancel the appointment, the ukvi do not share info with the US. My first ever visa application was US and I was refused, after which I have had a German visa and three uk visas without mentioning my US refusal in all the applications.
Work on other aspects of the application. Good luck

That is just a careless lies just to cover yourself from your misrepresentation.

Those two countries shares information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:16am On Jun 03, 2018
adelejane:
Hi Gurus ,

i intend visiting UK with my kids for my brothers PHD graduation. what type of visa options should i select...

Family or Tourism?

we intend applying for two years visit visa. i have been to the UK before, did my MSC in the uk and also visited once in 2015 with my daughter. my son hasn't been before cos he wasn't born then. does he qualify for a 2 years visit visa too?

another question is that my parents are also attending the graduation and they have booked a big family accommodation for all of us and they will be paying . it means our accommodation is sorted.

will this be an issue? I'm married and i have my own company and can afford the entire trip but once my parents have booked a family accommodation i see no reason to book another. how do i proof this in my application that they are sponsoring accommodation and what supporting document do i need to show . im the one paying for the flight and living expense in the uk.

You need to apply for standard visiting visa then you will be asked to select subcategory of visa.

Use the evidence of the accommodation your parents have booked already and also explain the travel arrangements in the blank space provided in the form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lucciann: 9:26am On Jun 03, 2018
Good day all..Thanks to everyone who takes their time to help others with their visa concerns.

I want to apply for a uk tourist visa,i am self employed with a registered business and 2years tax clearance certificates for it.My question is,My profits on this certificates shows as NIL,would the Eco think my business doesnt make enough profit to bring me back home?
2.Also for a while now,my savings account has mostly been used for business daily and my company account onot regularly atall and has less than N100k balance,personal account has over 2.5million balance plus two savings dormicilary accouts of $700 and over £300,can i just submit only the savings accounts and leave the company account out because of the less transactions and balance?I also have travel experience since 2015 till date,i have been to UAE,France twice and Istanbul and have a new 3rd visa from france still valid that i havent used atall because i intend visiting Paris from London..Pls your advice will be deeply appreciated as i intend submitting this week.Also i will be staying 5days,and my budget is about 500k,i dont have an exact monthly income as a business person but i make above 350k monthly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Moriyadisa: 9:41am On Jun 03, 2018
Hello house! Please this is urgent! need your guide.
I have never travel out of the country before and now am planning to visit the Uk for 15 days, planning to apply later this month.
Want to know how strong my chance is in getting a visa
I have a registered company with all documents intact including the Tcc notesadwhen registered the company I made my Dad a director because he's an Engineer and my company is into electrical supplies and services as his profession)with the highest shares but am the one running the company an also the sole signature to all the accounts
I don't pay myself a salary I withdrawal from the account whenever I need cash

My turnover is over N500M and do supplies worth of N20m weekly with balance of N7m.

Am a married man with 2kids and I also have a company I manage as the Chief operating officer/Company secretary but I get commission of 10% of every business I do there and am also a signatories to this company account ( can they also be my co- sponsors as the coo/company secretary.(Every documents also intact)

Please what are the documents i need to go with and what is the process like? And how long does it take to get the visa! Am stayimg for just 15day! Please i just need a step by step guide and the documents am to go with! God bless you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wuspapi: 10:53am On Jun 03, 2018
hello good morning. Please I just want to know if all UK visa applications are sent to Sheffield for issuance. I submitted in Abuja 10 working days ago and am yet to receive any email that my passport arrived in Sheffield like those of some people I know. Please anybody with knowledge of how it works should reply. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2018
ekpotek:

Birmingham BHX Airport.

which one is the best for Kensington?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lordcrixus: 1:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
justwise:

That is just a careless lies just to cover yourself from your misrepresentation.

Those two countries shares information.
Bro,
Do your work with immigration department of both countries?
For Schengen, we know it is a centralized process. Uk may share with Schengen because of the European Union ties with some schengen countries if not all.
To outrightly say they do i don’t believe and it’s just speculation.
If you say US shares with Canada then I might believe you.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2018
Lordcrixus:

Bro,
Do your work with immigration department of both countries?
For Schengen, we know it is a centralized process. Uk may share with Schengen because of the European Union ties with some schengen countries if not all.
To outrightly say they do i don’t believe and it’s just speculation.
If you say US shares with Canada then I might believe you.

This guidance tells criminal casework (CC) staff about the agreement reached through the Five Country Conference Protocol to share biometric data in the form of fingerprints.
The Five Country Conference Protocol is
between:

the UK

Australia

Canada

United States of America and

New Zealand.
Checks for up to 3000 individuals for each country each year can be carried out

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/615095/Biometric_data_sharing_v5.0.pdf

BRITAIN and America significantly boosted security cooperation today as the two countries agreed to share data about people applying for visas from other countries.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/733567/USA-and-Britain-agree-data-sharing-on-immigration-and-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2018
Thnx justwise. I stated 2 weeks in my application. I am self employed and i own my own coy. I already hv my ticket for one month.

That will depend on what you stated on your visa application form and what you do in Nigeria.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 3:11pm On Jun 03, 2018
Happy sunday peeps,
Pls, does any1 know any hotel in Aberdeen city, Scotland that permits pay on arrival to reserve in order to present at port of entry. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
emeldamicheals:
Thnx justwise. I stated 2 weeks in my application. I am self employed and i own my own coy. I already hv my ticket for one month.

That will depend on what you stated on your visa application form and what you do in Nigeria.

You are going to have problem renewing that visa or at the POE when re-entrying from US or even before that if the immigration sees your ticket. because you misrepresented in your application form.

You stated 2weeks in your application form and presented financial evidence to convince the ECO that you can afford the two weeks trip then you went ahead to buy a month ticket that is premeditated action. You stayed a month in the UK and left then traveled to US and returned back to the UK to stay another one month? You are just asking for your visa to be cancelled and banned.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
Youngpablo180:

hello brother...have you gotten your passport back since you submitted last year ? we seem to have submitted during the same time last year..till today i haven't gotten my passport back or TLS making any change from that UKVI has received my application

6months now waiting for a 6months visit visa since Nov 2017

na wa for this UK people o

i am sure their own citizen won't take this
na nigerian govt cause am sha angry angry

omg, this is terrible, have you sent them an email or reporting this to some authorities ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
Thanks for replying but I am serious this is not showing on my form
mavinc4u:

see the attached. click on what if i don't have my parents details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 03, 2018
Oluwasemilore28:
Hello All!

Please I need your help regarding this. I applied for UK visit visa and submitted all the necessary documents. However, I didn't tick the checklists in the checklist form but I signed and wrote my name in the designated places. Can this affect my application and is there anything I can do to avoid it affecting the application?

to be fair, these people sometimes understand that humans make errors so they might ignore this. but during submission there is a document given to you by the office who scanned your application, is contains a list of all documents you submitted. please check if your has it cause mine has . if you need a screen shoot of what am taking about kindly reply this post asap.. cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KDK(m): 5:29pm On Jun 03, 2018
Ezechinwa:

to be fair, these people sometimes understand that humans make errors so they might ignore this. but during submission there is a document given to you by the office who scanned your application, is contains a list of all documents you submitted. please check if your has it cause mine has . if you need a screen shoot of what am taking about kindly reply this post asap.. cheers

Please share, so some of us can learn .

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
Ezechinwa:

omg, this is terrible, have you sent them an email or reporting this to some authorities ?

Dear Justwise, Ekpotek and others,

We submitted our application and did biometrics on the 2nd of May; till now, the TLS website is showing decision not made. However, I called UKVI and was told decisions have been made and I should liaise with VAC in Nigeria.

I am planning to go to VAC Ikeja to lodge a complaint as it's over a month now.

Kindly advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2018
Amolad111:

Dear Justwise, Ekpotek and others,

We submitted our application and did biometrics on the 2nd of May; till now, the TLS website is showing decision not made. However, I called UKVI and was told decisions have been made and I should liaise with VAC in Nigeria.

I am planning to go to VAC Ikeja to lodge a complaint as it's over a month now.

Kindly advise.

You should have done that long time ago
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 9:55pm On Jun 03, 2018
justwise:

Thank you. I will do that and revert ASAP.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 03, 2018
KDK:

Please share so some of us can learn .
Thanks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
KDK:

Please share so some of us can learn .
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 03, 2018
justwise:

Please do as justwise said, I wish you best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lucciann: 12:34am On Jun 04, 2018
Lucciann:
Good day all..Thanks to everyone who takes their time to help others with their visa concerns.

I want to apply for a uk tourist visa,i am self employed with a registered business and 2years tax clearance certificates for it.My question is,My profits on this certificates shows as NIL,would the Eco think my business doesnt make enough profit to bring me back home?
2.Also for a while now,my savings account has mostly been used for business daily and my company account onot regularly atall and has less than N100k balance,personal account has over 2.5million balance plus two savings dormicilary accouts of $700 and over £300,can i just submit only the savings accounts and leave the company account out because of the less transactions and balance?I also have travel experience since 2015 till date,i have been to UAE,France twice and Istanbul and have a new 3rd visa from france still valid that i havent used atall because i intend visiting Paris from London..Pls your advice will be deeply appreciated as i intend submitting this week.Also i will be staying 5days,and my budget is about 500k,i dont have an exact monthly income as a business person but i make above 350k monthly
pls @justwise and co,I really need your advice here..Thanks in anticipation �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KDK(m): 3:22am On Jun 04, 2018
[quote author=Ezechinwa post=68153865][/quote]

Thanks for sharing!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lordcrixus: 9:02am On Jun 04, 2018
justwise:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/615095/Biometric_data_sharing_v5.0.pdf

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/733567/USA-and-Britain-agree-data-sharing-on-immigration-and-visas

Thanks for the web link, though they may employ it in some circumstances, but I still have my reservations as this indicates for offenders and criminals(people who have committed crime in their own country or while in a foreign country).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:55am On Jun 04, 2018
Lordcrixus:

Thanks for the web link, though they may employ it in some circumstances, but I still have my reservations as this indicates for offenders and criminals(people who have committed crime in their own country or while in a foreign country).

Is either you have problem reading and understanding or you intentionally refused to understand anything.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:56am On Jun 04, 2018
Lucciann:
pls @justwise and co,I really need your advice here..Thanks in anticipation �

Will reply you before the end of today
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Arbitrix: 11:48am On Jun 04, 2018
Hi Guys

I am a little worried and I need some advise.

I applied for my UK visa last week Thursday and I think I might have left out a crucial document. Let me explain.

I want to spend my annual leave in the UK this year. I went to school in Scotland and my 2 year family visit visa expired last year. I also have a US visa which expires next year. Other countries I have visited are India, Qatar, Uae and Ghana.

I have a brother who is a permanent resident in the UK. He sent me an invitation letter, mortgage payment, 3 months bank statement, 6 months payslips, and his resident permit card. I did not submit his data page and that has me worried. I am hoping that will not be a reason for a refusal.

Another problem is that I paid a cheque of N781,000 into my savings account on 26 April. Now this account has never gone below 1.4 million. It was repayment of a loan to me which I explained in a brief cover letter. I submitted my application with 2.5m in one of my savings accounts, 815k in the other (this account I never withdraw from because of the interest payments which i highlighted with a pen) and finally my salary account which had a balance of about 50k. I transfer money from my salary account to my savings account immediately I am paid every month. My salary account has my Lawfirm's name on my statement and when I make my monthly transfers I use the description ("January savings"wink etc. I highlighted all these payments with a pen.

I also submitted my Pension statement which is currently worth 2.2m and my cscs share statement with shares worth 1.3m. I earn N337,044.53 monthly, after deductions.

So I guess what I want to know is
1. Will the fact that I did not submit my brother's data page affect my application and
2. The deposit of N781,000 paid into my account on 26 April.

What do you guys think?

@Justwise and co please help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by damcqute(m): 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hi Ekpotek.. I have a similar question. In my application for a standard visitor's visa, I stated that I will be there for 3 days, for an exam. However, I intend staying back there till I get the results of my exam. That's about a month or more. Will this affect my subsequent application? Although, all things being equal, it would be for a Tier 2 visa, not a visitor's. Thanks for your anticipated response.

ekpotek:

Obviously be ready to expect issues in your next application if you stayed beyond at most 3 weeks. If you really want to stay beyond 2 weeks, declare it in on landing card and defend it at POE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
damcqute:
Hi Ekpotek.. I have a similar question. In my application for a standard visitor's visa, I stated that I will be there for 3 days, for an exam. However, I intend staying back there till I get the results of my exam. That's about a month or more. Will this affect my subsequent application? Although, all things being equal, it would be for a Tier 2 visa, not a visitor's. Thanks for your anticipated response.

On whose account and finances will you be spending a month or more in the UK? Are you on vacation? Will the results of your exam not be posted or email to you? Why do you want to give yourself a bad reputation with UKVI?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
Arbitrix:
Hi Guys

I am a little worried and I need some advise.

I applied for my UK visa last week Thursday and I think I might have left out a crucial document. Let me explain.

I want to spend my annual leave in the UK this year. I went to school in Scotland and my 2 year family visit visa expired last year. I also have a US visa which expires next year. Other countries I have visited are India, Qatar, Uae and Ghana.

I have a brother who is a permanent resident in the UK. He sent me an invitation letter, mortgage payment, 3 months bank statement, 6 months payslips, and his resident permit card. I did not submit his data page and that has me worried. I am hoping that will not be a reason for a refusal.

Another problem is that I paid a cheque of N781,000 into my savings account on 26 April. Now this account has never gone below 1.4 million. It was repayment of a loan to me which I explained in a brief cover letter. I submitted my application with 2.5m in one of my savings accounts, 815k in the other (this account I never withdraw from because of the interest payments which i highlighted with a pen) and finally my salary account which had a balance of about 50k. I transfer money from my salary account to my savings account immediately I am paid every month. My salary account has my Lawfirm's name on my statement and when I make my monthly transfers I use the description ("January savings"wink etc. I highlighted all these payments with a pen.

I also submitted my Pension statement which is currently worth 2.2m and my cscs share statement with shares worth 1.3m. I earn N337,044.53 monthly, after deductions.

So I guess what I want to know is
1. Will the fact that I did not submit my brother's data page affect my application and
2. The deposit of N781,000 paid into my account on 26 April.

What do you guys think?

@Justwise and co please help!

1. i don't think not submitting his data page will be a big deal since you submitted his residency card

2. You did a good thing by explaining the deposit and its source, that is all you can do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.