Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530842 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by walmart: 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
Good day experts. I want to apply for a two year visa for my family. This is their first time of applying to UK. Do we stand a chance of being given two years or we should just apply for six months. We have good travel history to other countries like US, Schengen. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
luvhenry:

Appreciate this a lot. 1 last question did u hv to use a fresh email tho?

Nope.. I use same email for both applications but, use a different email on tls website when registering...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bayolino: 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2018
Menakay:

I did one application for someone that submitted that may 16th at Ikeja and he got a mail today for pick up, though it is with courier service now.

Good, I also got mail today at pass 3pm for pickup, I will be going for collection tomorrow.

Thnks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
As much as you have sponsored different applications in the past, each application is always treated individually and differently. I also recently invited my sister for same reason as yours and she got her visa approved 2weeks ago.

First thing i noted is the Eco might not have taken into consideration your savings account cos savings account is considered as funds not readily available to you cos it's meant to be saved. I actually applied with my current account which even had less balance than yours, so if you could keep it simple with just your current acct along with your payslip.
Another thing is your sister’s personal circumstances will be considered to a larger extent than yours so you need to put in place her finances so she doesn’t get denied again. These are the things i did with my sister’s application if it would help:
Me:
Invitation letter
Account statement
Payslips & offer letter
Passport & BRP
Birth certificate to show we have same parents

My sister:
Introduction letter from her work
Offer letter and payslips
Statement of account with about 450k
Fixed deposit certificate of 1m.
Cover letter explaining the funds in her acct.

I stated i was sponsoring her trip and i think it helped that i sent to her account 350k for flight to show commitment from my end.
All the best as you reapply.

chomc:

Many thanks for your response. Trust me ekpetek I have sponsored a few and even worse applications withut issues and I can be pretty detailed. My invitation letter clearly stated evidence of funds and my saving account was mentioned. As one. I only added my salary account to back up the payslips which I know is a requirement.

So the ECO completely disregarding it unreal to me. It’s my account . It’s not a business account . The ECO didn’t even mention seeing it. Which makes me feel he/she didn’t see it. Aren’t they supposed to take into consideration all evidence of funds supplied? Why should they choose an account with little money against another that has high balance . I’m struggling

The 750k income is her salary also they haven’t mentioned she received 1.2m annually from her husband or is that not an income. These was all clearly stated on the app and the supporting info section. . Her business makes way over that. She just doesn’t build her savings but alas I stated I am fully sponsoring. She didn’t include the sole signatory doc because she isn’t sponsoring herself . And mo money is being taken from the business account which has over 3 million at the time.

I plan to reapply tonight and add a complaint . Can I use the same sets of docs. She only applied 3 weeks ago and all docs have either may 2o18 date or last week April.

I plan to reprint my savings account and scan it down to her in colour.

I am happy to ask her to obtain the letter of sole signatory from the bank . But again this isn’t a requirement as far as I am concerned. She isnt spending from that account. She only added it there to back up her business

What’s your take on using the same set of docs. I hope to get her an appointment slot early next week . But will re apply tonight
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luvhenry(m): 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
alert20:

Nope.. I use same email for both applications but, use a different email on tls website when registering...

Mahn. u r 2 much. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 11:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
Please for a business man with sufficient balance and documents as well as properties. His tax clearance certificate is pending due to redtapism. Can he attach the bank payment slip to FIRS account and explain that the certificate is in view? Application is for visitors visa. Cc @justwise @ekptek and our gurus kindly advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iwanvisityankee: 12:54am On Jun 08, 2018
@ekpotek, pls check your mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chomc: 2:41am On Jun 08, 2018
@ekpoetek @justwise or anyone that have had a successful outcome.

My sister will be resubmitting her app next week.

I have made things more clearer on my letter as per the account used as evidence of funds.

She will also get a letter from her bank to prove sole signatory to the business acc.

I am wondering if I should remove my salary account all together since I am producing payslip and employer letter. Though bearing in mind it probably needs to go in to tally with what was submitted as part of the other application . Alternatively should I move some funds from savings to the current (salary acc) if ECO prefers current account.

Have never had this sort of experience. Quite confused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chomc: 2:46am On Jun 08, 2018
Endlessgrace:
As much as you have sponsored different applications in the past, each application is always treated individually and differently. I also recently invited my sister for same reason as yours and she got her visa approved 2weeks ago.

First thing i noted is the Eco might not have taken into consideration your savings account cos savings account is considered as funds not readily available to you cos it's meant to be saved. I actually applied with my current account which even had less balance than yours, so if you could keep it simple with just your current acct along with your payslip.
Another thing is your sister’s personal circumstances will be considered to a larger extent than yours so you need to put in place her finances so she doesn’t get denied again. These are the things i did with my sister’s application if it would help:
Me:
Invitation letter
Account statement
Payslips & offer letter
Passport & BRP
Birth certificate to show we have same parents

My sister:
Introduction letter from her work
Offer letter and payslips
Statement of account with about 450k
Fixed deposit certificate of 1m.
Cover letter explaining the funds in her acct.

I stated i was sponsoring her trip and i think it helped that i sent to her account 350k for flight to show commitment from my end.
All the best as you reapply.

Many thanks, much appreciated.
just confused though. The funds in your sister’s acc isn’t that significantly higher than what is in my sisters acc. She als supposed a business acc in excess of 1 million though the ECO mentioned their isn’t evidence of being sole signatory to the acc.

As per the highlighted. I’m lost. You referring to fix deposit? A lot of people I know move extra funds into savings account . It’s norm as easily available

Did you mail your original docs down or scanned across?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chomc: 3:04am On Jun 08, 2018
ekpotek:

You will need to update your documents to make it current or the ECO will have another excuse to refuse. Sure you can point out the omissions by the ECO, but complaining or unnecessary confrontation will not solve the issue. I have seen people applications kept in limbo until the purpose of the visit is defeated.
Lessons: never provide document that make your case complicated.

Thank you for the advice

Should I remove the current acc from the reapplication
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 8:45am On Jun 08, 2018
Regarding her business account, I’ll advise your sister gets a reference letter from her bank in Nigeria, the reference letter will confirm she is a sole signatory of the account. She should also add the school’s CAC registration documents as proof.

I actually scanned and email all my documents to my sister.

chomc:

Many thanks, much appreciated.
just confused though. The funds in your sister’s acc isn’t that significantly higher than what is in my sisters acc. She als supposed a business acc in excess of 1 million though the ECO mentioned their isn’t evidence of being sole signatory to the acc.

As per the highlighted. I’m lost. You referring to fix deposit? A lot of people I know move extra funds into savings account . It’s norm as easily available

Did you mail your original docs down or scanned across?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:23am On Jun 08, 2018
chomc:

Thank you for the advice

Should I remove the current acc from the reapplication

In my own opinion Yes. The UK sponsor only need to show evidence of availability of funding for the sponsorship (adequate bank balance, payslips and work contract etc). The applicant being sponsored must also show evidence of sufficient home ties not to over stay in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:25am On Jun 08, 2018
iwanvisityankee:
@ekpotek, pls check your mail

Ask your question here. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ugolinze123(m): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2018
hello house, am trying to make my visa application payment via my UBA and diamond debit card but its not going through even after getting a one time token on my phone have also used a zenith mastercard still same please can someone help me please on how to go about this thanks guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chomc: 10:13am On Jun 08, 2018
ekpotek:

In my own opinion Yes. The UK sponsor only need to show evidence of availability of funding for the sponsorship (adequate bank balance, payslips and work contract etc). The applicant being sponsored must also show evidence of sufficient home ties not to over stay in the UK.

So you reckon it won’t be an issue considering this is a reapplication addressing previous refusal. I am just concerned they might wonder why I took off previously submitted document?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 10:27am On Jun 08, 2018
I’ll advise you use both accounts again and explain better in a cover letter about the savings accounts in case it was an oversight the first time.

chomc:

So you reckon it won’t be an issue considering this is a reapplication addressing previous refusal. I am just concerned they might wonder why I took off previously submitted document?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by walmart: 10:33am On Jun 08, 2018
walmart:
Good day experts. I want to apply for a two year visa for my family. This is their first time of applying to UK. Do we stand a chance of being given two years or we should just apply for six months. We have good travel history to other countries like US, Schengen. Thanks

Good morning. Can someone please help with a response?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BabaOman(f): 10:56am On Jun 08, 2018
walmart:

Why don't you start with a 6 month first? Nobody can guarantee you here; I believe if you qualify you will get it. Lets hear from the gurus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 10:57am On Jun 08, 2018
ugolinze123:
hello house, am trying to make my visa application payment via my UBA and diamond debit card but its not going through even after getting a one time token on my phone have also used a zenith mastercard still same please can someone help me please on how to go about this thanks guys

Use GTB.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BabaOman(f): 10:57am On Jun 08, 2018
ugolinze123:

Find someone with a dollar card. I paid mine with it with no hassle.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 10:58am On Jun 08, 2018
bayolino:

Good, I also got mail today at pass 3pm for pickup, I will be going for collection tomorrow.

Thnks

How far?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:12am On Jun 08, 2018
chomc:

Just simply say in your cover letter that the ECO concern was that you did not have sufficient fund in your current account to sponsor your sister trip. Now you are providing another account statement with a closing balance of ££££ to show that you have sufficient the fund. That the funds in your saving account comes from so so and so so sources. Why re submit a current bank statement that further justify the position of the ECO refusal. A re application is not an admistrative review. You are entitled to provide new documents to push your current case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 11:13am On Jun 08, 2018
obaxlove:

How far?

Bro calm down I am also eager to know whatsup... I think collection timing is from 1-4pm..

@bayolina @Menakay...
pls update the house oooo I pray they issue una visa ooo and mine too ooo Amen.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 11:18am On Jun 08, 2018
Please can someone advice on this? @epkotek @just wise @other gurus.

enthusiasm:
Please for a business man with sufficient balance and documents as well as properties. His tax clearance certificate is pending due to redtapism. Can he attach the bank payment slip to FIRS account and explain that the certificate is in view? Application is for visitors visa. Cc @justwise @ekptek and our gurus kindly advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:59am On Jun 08, 2018
enthusiasm:
Please can someone advice on this? @epkotek @just wise @other gurus.

Why not wait for the TCC to be out, unless the trip is urgent. The ECO will not accept mere evidence of payment unless your company is just new
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by monchat(m): 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
walmart:

U will have to start from 6months to proceed to two years, then u can jump 5years and do 10 years if u are a frequent traveler, all depends on y pocket for 10years. UK can not give u 2years as first timer tourist visa, u av to start with 6months to build their trust on u that u will go and come bk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2018
alert20:

Bro calm down I am also eager to know whatsup... I think collection timing is from 1-4pm..

@bayolina @Menakay...
pls update the house oooo I pray they issue una visa ooo and mine too ooo Amen.

10am to 4pm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 1:45pm On Jun 08, 2018
Yes the company is new, not up to a year. But there is fund. What do you think?

ekpotek:

Why not wait for the TCC to be out, unless the trip is urgent. The ECO will not accept mere evidence of payment unless your company is just new
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ugolinze123(m): 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
obaxlove:

Use GTB.
Thanks man
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wuspapi: 2:51pm On Jun 08, 2018
bigbus:

From biometrics at VAC. Ciao

@bigbus a quick question please...I submitted my application on 25th May and am yet to receive any email that it arrived in Sheffield. Is it normal? Pls reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 3:26pm On Jun 08, 2018
enthusiasm:
Yes the company is new, not up to a year. But there is fund. What do you think?

Not up to a year and he is paying tax abi I am misunderstanding something here? Anyway, what do I know.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:59pm On Jun 08, 2018
mavinc4u:

Not up to a year and he is paying tax abi I am misunderstanding something here? Anyway, what do I know.

Of course you know something. Saw that too.... Three, 3, 3, 3, 3 is a number in Shina Peters voice jare!

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.