Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530916 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MaBuk(f): 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2018
justwise:

What is your cost breakdown of the trip?

i will be spending 10days but i will state 5days during
Yes, i will book an hotel which i will stay for the firstday but cancel the other days just to avoid POE issues because i will be staying with a relative.

The trip is for july
flight ticket tentatively 300k
hotel 50k
transportation 10k
sightseeing and shopping 100k
feeding 40k
total 500k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MaBuk(f): 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2018
ekpotek:

Okay. What is the purpose of your visit? Do you have relatives, friends in the UK. How long do you plan to stay in the UK?

thank u ekpotek

the purpose is for vacation.
yes i have relatives i will be staying with but i wont be stating that in the application
i will state it that i would be spending 5 days but i will most likely spend 10days

The trip is for july
hotel 50k
transportation 10k
feeding 40k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
alert20:

oh yeah you re right Bro, I totally forgot there is an holiday on the 28th....

12th is now a pub holiday chai
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
obaxlove:

It changed exactly 14 days (yesterday)and I received today.
I believe in Miracle too but it’s better if you can improvise pending the outcome. Paying for flight ahead is very risky.

12th is now public holiday brother..chai
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
MaBuk:

thank u ekpotek

the purpose is for vacation.
yes i have relatives i will be staying with but i wont be stating that in the application
i will state it that i would be spending 5 days but i will most likely spend 10days

The trip is for july
hotel 50k
transportation 10k
feeding 40k

Since your last refusal. Have you travel out of the country to other places on vacation?

If you have relative declared it in the application but say you will not visit or stay with them.

Look for low budget hotel for 10 days such as Airbnb to stay.

Going on a vacation for 5 days to burn 500K is highly unreasonable and ECO will see through this, for an applicant on a salary of 200K!! Couple this with 2 kids and other family expenses at home. How can you justified spending this much? A reasonable vacation is at least 10 days. Ask your relative to provide documents to support accommodation and cut your expenses to N350K - N400K (flight + shopping/local transport). If I am going to burn 500K to go see the Theresa May for 5 days, then I must have some won naijabet���
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
Please guys I need your help, Will Tuesday 12th be observed by tls ikeja as a working day? What about our appointments for that day

@justwise
@everyone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 2:07am On Jun 07, 2018
Ezechinwa:

12th is now a pub holiday chai

na wao broda!!!

june 12 na our own public holiday for here na... so I don't think it will affect our applications except they observe June 12 also as their own public holiday too....
Anyway Oluwa is fully involved....
iyanumasele!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luvhenry(m): 11:01am On Jun 07, 2018
Hi guys. Pls help. I went for submission today at ikeja only to realize i had picked premium lounge option. I could not afford it so they asked me to cancel. Get a refund and pay for standard while i get a refund. Any1 with such experience.hw did handle it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 12:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
luvhenry:
Hi guys. Pls help. I went for submission today at ikeja only to realize i had picked premium lounge option. I could not afford it so they asked me to cancel. Get a refund and pay for standard while i get a refund. Any1 with such experience.hw did handle it?

yeah you have to pay the fee... or better still cancel and get a refund...
I cancelled my first application because I made a mistake while filling the form, so I cancelled it and requested for a refund, though my money has not been refunded back, but I applied again, and the site shows me only primetime appointment as I couldn't see the standard appointment options so I booked it not knowing I am to pay for the appointment.
so when I went for submission the tls lady ask for my card that I need to pay for the appointment... and I did I payed 30k there instantly because I don't want to cancel the appointment again even though I am yet to receive my first application refund...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 12:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
Please house, which one is advisable for someone going to oxford university.
Lagos to Heathrow or Lagos to Gatwick.
Again if I board Emirate will I need any transit visa.
I have the Ethiopia and Emirate flight to pick from.

Please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luvhenry(m): 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
alert20:

yeah you have to pay the fee... or better still cancel and get a refund...
I cancelled my first application because I made a mistake while filling the form, so I cancelled it and requested for a refund, though my money has not been refunded back, but I applied again, and the site shows me only primetime appointment as I couldn't see the standard appointment options so I booked it not knowing I am to pay for the appointment.
so when I went for submission the tls lady ask for my card that I need to pay for the appointment... and I did I payed 30k there instantly because I don't want to cancel the appointment again even though I am yet to receive my first application refund...
Thanks. Pls hw long nw hav u been waiting for the refund. And where do i go to cancel. The cancellation/withdrawal option i am seeing is for those that hv already submitted their passport Pls assist. Appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
luvhenry:

Thanks. Pls hw long nw hav u been waiting for the refund. And where do i go to cancel. The cancellation/withdrawal option i am seeing is for those that hv already submitted their passport Pls assist. Appreciate

I cancelled it on 6th may and will get refund B4 15th June that's 28 working days..
I cancelled mine on the ukvi website...
just log in to your account where u printed ur documents checklist...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bayolino: 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hello all,
Do we have anyone that applied on the 16th May or after that date that has received message for pickup or see decision made ticked box in his/her TLs tracking portal??

Today is 16th working day considering holiday of decomcary day of May 29. Applied at Ikeja Center

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
bayolino:
Hello all,
Do we have anyone that applied on the 16th May or after that date that has received message for pickup or see decision made ticked box in his/her TLs tracking portal??

Today is 16th working day considering holiday of decomcary day of May 29. Applied at Ikeja Center

Cheers

please house, please answer this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
bayolino:
Hello all,

Cheers

Please what category and priority type of visa did you apply for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
obaxlove:
Please house, which one is advisable for someone going to oxford university.
Lagos to Heathrow or Lagos to Gatwick.
Again if I board Emirate will I need any transit visa.
I have the Ethiopia and Emirate flight to pick from.

Please help.

Heathrow. You do not need transit visa on Emirate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
ekpotek:

Thank you sir.

Please sir what are the things I need to travel with. I know some Africa countries mandated yellow card. Is there is anything so important that I must be aware of?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
ekpotek:

Again sir, what will be the implication if I board flight to Gatwick? Can I still get train or bus to Oxford? If yes, will there be any additional cost implication apart from journey which I have noticed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by myport: 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
@justwise, @ ekpotek. Please i need you attention on this. A young friend is applying for 6 months he has graduation invite for 14th July. He is applying using his company but forgot to add bank reference letter as the sole signatory to account. But the account statement is included and stated in the additional information that he is sole signatory.

What are the implications.
Thanks as you respond.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
obaxlove:

Thank you sir.

Please sir what are the things I need to travel with. I know some Africa countries mandated yellow card. Is there is anything so important that I must be aware of?

Get your yellow card if you’re using Ethiopian airline and sleeping overnight in Addis.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by onatisi(m): 4:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
Uk visa and all it's wahala since the early 90s,
Are there no other better countries than uk that one can visit without all these migraine troubles
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2018
obaxlove:

Again sir, what will be the implication if I board flight to Gatwick? Can I still get train or bus to Oxford? If yes, will there be any additional cost implication apart from journey which I have noticed.

It depend on your destination and arrival time in the UK. There will always be buses or train to your destination 24/7.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by luvhenry(m): 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
alert20:

I cancelled it on 6th may and will get refund B4 15th June that's 28 working days..
I cancelled mine on the ukvi website...
just log in to your account where u printed ur documents checklist...

Appreciate this a lot. 1 last question did u hv to use a fresh email tho?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
ekpotek:

Get your yellow card if you’re using Ethiopian airline and sleeping overnight in Addis.

I finally booked emirate airline to Heathrow. I will connect Oxford from there.

Is there any other thing I should be aware of?
Do they check phones? Or any other things. I’m a first timer and I’m so anxious!

Thank you sir and thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BabaOman(f): 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
@ekpotek, Please advise: as per your advice; flight to Birmingham will cost me more than another 100k than going to London Heathrow. Will I spend up to 100k from the latter to Leicester? Pleas advise. @justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
obaxlove:

I finally booked emirate airline to Heathrow. I will connect Oxford from there.

Is there any other thing I should be aware of?
Do they check phones? Or any other things. I’m a first timer and I’m so anxious!

Thank you sir and thank you all.

There is nothing to be worried about. Just arrive at the airport on time for checking in. You can carry your phone on you and personal/travel document in your cabin luggage. They may need to examine them at POE. Enjoy your trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
BabaOman:
@ekpotek, Please advise: as per your advice; flight to Birmingham will cost me more than another 100k than going to London Heathrow. Will I spend up to 100k from the latter to Leicester? Pleas advise. @justwise

Nope. From Heathrow Airport London you can get to Leicester (direct) by Coach (£40 euro) or less if you buy online now. You can also take a train from London St Pancras international Station to Leicester (off peak) for about €70. If you decide to use the train, then take the London Underground from Heathrow Airport to the train station.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bayolino: 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ezechinwa:

Please what category and priority type of visa did you apply for?

6month visit Visa

Thanks guys.... Just recheck now and I saw decision made and ready for collection box ticked!

Meaning the rules of 15days or +1 or 2days still works

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BabaOman(f): 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2018
ekpotek:

Nope. From Heathrow Airport London you can get to Leicester (direct) by Coach (£40 euro) or less if you buy online now. You can also take a train from London St Pancras international Station to Leicester (off peak) for about €70. If you decide to use the train, then take the London Underground from Heathrow Airport to the train station.

Thank you. @bold is Euro o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
BabaOman:

Thank you. @bold is Euro o

Sorry about that I meant ££££££. The € euro is probably because I have been spending €€€€ in the last 6 weeks in Ireland.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BabaOman(f): 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
ekpotek:

Sorry about that I meant ££££££

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
bayolino:
Hello all,

Cheers
I did one application for someone that submitted that may 16th at Ikeja and he got a mail today for pick up, though it is with courier service now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.