Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,183 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530629 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:00pm On Jun 04, 2018
Lucciann:
Good day all..Thanks to everyone who takes their time to help others with their visa concerns.

I want to apply for a uk tourist visa,i am self employed with a registered business and 2years tax clearance certificates for it.My question is,My profits on this certificates shows as NIL,would the Eco think my business doesnt make enough profit to bring me back home?
2.Also for a while now,my savings account has mostly been used for business daily and my company account onot regularly atall and has less than N100k balance,personal account has over 2.5million balance plus two savings dormicilary accouts of $700 and over £300,can i just submit only the savings accounts and leave the company account out because of the less transactions and balance?I also have travel experience since 2015 till date,i have been to UAE,France twice and Istanbul and have a new 3rd visa from france still valid that i havent used atall because i intend visiting Paris from London..Pls your advice will be deeply appreciated as i intend submitting this week.Also i will be staying 5days,and my budget is about 500k,i dont have an exact monthly income as a business person but i make above 350k monthly

Submit all your bank statements as long as you can defend the money on them, your cost of the trip should not come from the business account but from your profit/savings account.

How much is your flight ticket and hotel accommodation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lucciann: 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2018
justwise:

Submit all your bank statements as long as you can defend the money on them, your cost of the trip should not come from the business account but from your profit/savings account.

How much is your flight ticket and hotel accommodation?
Ok,thanks soo much,my flight ticket is about N272,331.4(turkish air from Nigeria and easy Jet from London to paris),Accomodation 30k+(i booked a hostel)
Is it ok to budget 500k for those 5days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2018
Lucciann:

Ok,thanks soo much,my flight ticket is about N272,331.4(turkish air from Nigeria and easy Jet from London to paris),Accomodation 30k+(i booked a hostel)
Is it ok to budget 500k for those 5days?

That is tight even without feeding and transport, that is about 422K leaving you with less than 100k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lucciann: 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

That is tight even without feeding and transport, that is about 422K leaving you with less than 100k
Ok,i can increase the budget but i dont wang it looking too much or too small in the Ecos eyes,How much do you think is reasonable..I found an Oyster card for a week for N10,098.5 for transportation,also how much is reasonable for feeding for those 5days,maybe mac donald way and all,i dont know how its like there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2018
@Justwise and team,
Please how long (ie length of days) does it normally take to get a decision from the Clearance officer after receiving this mail

"Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer."

for a 6 months visa. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wuspapi: 7:20am On Jun 05, 2018
hello good morning @ekpotek. Please I just want to know if all UK visa applications are sent to Sheffield for issuance. I submitted in Abuja 10 working days ago and am yet to receive any email that my passport arrived in Sheffield like those of some people I know. Please anybody with knowledge of how it works should reply. Thanks
ekpotek:

On whose account and finances will you be spending a month or more in the UK? Are you on vacation? Will the results of your exam not be posted or email to you? Why do you want to give yourself a bad reputation with UKVI?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 9:27am On Jun 05, 2018
Your best bet is to wait till your brother's graduation, that will be a better reason for the trip.

You can't be going on a leisure trip without a purpose and at the expense of your uncle.

Youngee34:
Good evening everyone.

I have gone through most of the pages and I've been able to pick pocketful of information.
But I'm still bothered with some things.
I got my introductory letter today from my school, and I am ready to apply next week.
I've planned to apply as a visitor(My brother who is studying for his masters in Norwich will send me an invitation letter next week), but he doesn't know if he should include proof of accommodation in the list of documents to be submitted,
So I asked a friend in my school who also traveled recently to uk, he told me he doesn't need to submit any proof of accommodation, that I should book a hotel, and also that I do not need letter of invitation, that I can apply more or less as a tourist and all I just need to do is to mention in my application that I have a brother doing his masters in uk.

Please advise me, which should I go for, for a successful application, as a tourist, or visitor? I don't want to make any mistake.
I look forward to your kind advice, thanks alot!

P.S: I'm just 20,I'm a student of unilag in my penultimate year, and my sponsor is my uncle, a politician, Thanks once again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:42am On Jun 05, 2018
wuspapi:
hello good morning @ekpotek. Please I just want to know if all UK visa applications are sent to Sheffield for issuance. I submitted in Abuja 10 working days ago and am yet to receive any email that my passport arrived in Sheffield like those of some people I know. Please anybody with knowledge of how it works should reply. Thanks

It depends on if your a first timer or not. Sometimes the application is sent to Sheffield, othertimes it stop at either at Abuja or Lagos high commission. Email or no email, you can track the progress of your application either on TLS or UKVI websites.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2018
Hello Fam,

I just received my 6 months multiple entry VISA to attend a conference (With sponsorship by the organiser). The documents are submitted includes;
1. Introduction letter from work/school with ID cards
2. Letter of sponsorship from the conference organiser
3. Landed properties including cars recepits
4. Marriage certificate with family pictures
5. Hotel reservation
6. Statement of accounts
7. Accepted abstract

I have questions;
1. Can i stay beyond conference period of 4 days till like 2 weeks (Will this affect my subsequent applications?). I just feel like 4 days in UK is just too small.
2. If i skip the conference and travel around August, will i have issue at POE. (Note; I have not been given the travel grant). My concern is I do not have enough now to purchase ticket for that period because the prices have doubled and my travel grant can't even cover it.

Please help me out.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2018
obaxlove:
Hello Fam,

I just received my 6 months multiple entry VISA to attend a conference (With sponsorship by the organiser). The documents are submitted includes;
5. Hotel reservation
6. Statement of accounts
7. Accepted abstract

I have questions;
1. Can i stay beyond conference period of 4 days till like 2 weeks (Will this affect my subsequent applications?). I just feel like 4 days in UK is just too small.
2. If i skip the conference and travel around August, will i have issue at POE. (Note; I have not been given the travel grant). My concern is I do not have enough now to purchase ticket for that period because the prices have doubled and my travel grant can't even cover it.

Please help me out.

Thank you.

The question will be, how do you intend to fund your additional days in the UK, if you are finding it difficult to buy your flight ticket? Are you going to stay with someone after the conference? If you cannot make it to the conference, inform the organizer and state the reasons. Yes, you are permitted to present yourself at POE as long as you have a valid visa now or before it expire. However, you will need to explain at POE why you did not use the visa as issued if asked. Normally expect to be asked why are you coming to the UK at POE, business or pleasure? Using the visa now or later is up to you. But I would advise you look for money and attend your conference, it may be an opportunity for your study and career. Don’t allow the inability of the travel grant to cover all expenses to deter you. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bayolino: 4:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
obaxlove:
Hello Fam,

5. Hotel reservation
6. Statement of accounts
7. Accepted abstract

I have questions;

Please help me out.

Thank you.

Congrats

Please when and where did u applied ? Ikeja or VI
Was your passport picked up today?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2018
ekpotek:

The question will be, how do you intend to fund your additional days in the UK, if you are finding it difficult to buy your flight ticket? Are you going to stay with someone after the conference? If you cannot make it to the conference, inform the organizer and state the reasons. Yes, you are permitted to present yourself at POE as long as you have a valid visa now or before it expire. However, you will need to explain at POE why you did not use the visa as issued if asked. Normally expect to be asked why are you coming to the UK at POE, business or pleasure? Using the visa now or later is up to you. But I would advise you look for money and attend your conference, it may be an opportunity for your study and career. Don’t allow the inability of the travel grant to cover all expenses to deter you. Good luck.

Thank you sir. I plan to stay with a friend if I eventually source the fund.

Your points well noted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 4:39pm On Jun 05, 2018
bayolino:

Congrats

Please when and where did u applied ? Ikeja or VI
Was your passport picked up today?

I submitted at ikeja, on the 11th of May. Exactly 15 working days.

If you have valid and verifiable documentation UK is very reasonable.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2018
Congrats.
obaxlove:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2018
obaxlove:

Thank you sir. I plan to stay with a friend if I eventually source the fund.

Your points well noted.

I hoped you declared this your friend as someone you know in the UK in the visa application form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 6:29pm On Jun 05, 2018
ekpotek:

I hoped you declared this your friend as someone you know in the UK in the visa application form.

No. I plan to reserve another accommodation which I will cancel afterwards. I plan to tell them I am staying back for holiday after the conference.

Hope all this will not affect my subsequent application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chomc: 6:33pm On Jun 05, 2018
Seeking your opinion on this refusal cos I am just supper disappointed.

I am a BC invited/stated I will be sponsoring my sister to the UK to be with my whilst I go through a CS section.
my senior sister runs her own business (a primary and secondary school) doing well. She provided all docs. Lives with husban and grown children who all attend schoo in Nigeria.

So I provided all necessary docs to support her application including saving account of over £16,000 and them my salary account

From the refusal it seems to me the main reason is that I don’t have enough money to sponsor . It’s impossible. I provided my savings account with £16k bal. I have a very good job and warn quite well . But the letter only mentioned my salary account that I leave little money in. I am not mad to supply just that. It’s there to list tally up with my payslips.

What do I do. I have successfully sponsored applications without this sort of issue. Could it be that they didn’t see the saving account I supplied and even stated on the invitation letter? Or could it be the TLS people didn’t scan it

Should I reapply . I can fight this through my MP from here. But I need my sister her in by 26 July . Cos my Operation is then.

Please let me know your thoughts . I can reapply. Just lavishing money over peoples mistakes.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2018
obaxlove:

No. I plan to reserve another accommodation which I will cancel afterwards. I plan to tell them I am staying back for holiday after the conference.

Hope all this will not affect my subsequent application?

Be aware you are going to complete an immigration landing card, where you will have to disclose you contact address while in the UK and how many days you intend to stay. Any misrepresentation in your landing card will actually count against you in your subsequent application. I advise that you stick to your previous hotel reservation, and when ask at POE, say you plan to extend your reservation on arrival at the hotel to do some shopping and sight seeing, which you will not be able to do due to conference programme. You can then check out and go be with your friend after the conference.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2018
chomc:
Seeking your opinion on this refusal cos I am just supper disappointed.

I am a BC invited/stated I will be sponsoring my sister to the UK to be with my whilst I go through a CS section.
my senior sister runs her own business (a primary and secondary school) doing well. She provided all docs. Lives with husban and grown children who all attend schoo in Nigeria.

So I provided all necessary docs to support her application including saving account of over £16,000 and them my salary account

From the refusal it seems to me the main reason is that I don’t have enough money to sponsor . It’s impossible. I provided my savings account with £16k bal. I have a very good job and warn quite well . But the letter only mentioned my salary account that I leave little money in. I am not mad to supply just that. It’s there to list tally up with my payslips.

What do I do. I have successfully sponsored applications without this sort of issue. Could it be that they didn’t see the saving account I supplied and even stated on the invitation letter? Or could it be the TLS people didn’t scan it

Should I reapply . I can fight this through my MP from here. But I need my sister her in by 26 July . Cos my Operation is then.

Please let me know your thoughts . I can reapply. Just lavishing money over peoples mistakes.

From the refusal letter. I will say this is a case of a badly filled application form with insufficient documentation. You will need to correct the following if your sister plans to reapply.

Source of funding. It is not just enough to provide two bank account statements. The onus is on the applicant to state which of the account will be used for funding and why. You should have just provided your saving bank statement only. The ECO is right to only have considered just your current account as your saving is personal to you.

Sister economic tie. If your sister runs a school that is profitable, how come that all she make in a year is 750K. Is this her salary or what? She need to clarify this in the application form. If she not a sole signatory to business account, then she must get the persmission of other directors to use that account. Or get a letter from her bank confirming that she has fully authorization over the business account.

Even though your sister is coming on your invitation, she must convince the ECO that she has economic and social ties to return back after the visit. These are my thoughts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2018
ekpotek:

Be aware you are going to complete an immigration landing card, where you will have to disclose you contact address while in the UK and how many days you intend to stay. Any misrepresentation in your landing card will actually count against you in your subsequent application. I advise that you stick to your previous hotel reservation, and when ask at POE, say you plan to extend your reservation on arrival at the hotel to do some shopping and sight seeing, which you will not be able to do due to conference programme. You can then check out and go be with your friend after the conference.

So meaning I should extend my hotel reservation to tally with my return flight details abi? Or I should just leave the 4 nights reservation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chomc: 8:18pm On Jun 05, 2018
ekpotek:

From the refusal letter. I will say this is a case of a badly filled application form with insufficient documentation. You will need to correct the following if your sister plans to reapply.

Source of funding. It is not just enough to provide two bank account statements. The onus is on the applicant to state which of the account will be used for funding and why. You should have just provided your saving bank statement only. The ECO is right to only have considered just your current account as your saving is personal to you.

Sister economic tie. If your sister runs a school that is profitable, how come that all she make in a year is 750K. Is this her salary or what? She need to clarify this in the application form. If she not a sole signatory to business account, then she must get the persmission of other directors to use that account. Or get a letter from her bank confirming that she has fully authorization over the business account.

Even though your sister is coming on your invitation, she must convince the ECO that she has economic and social ties to return back after the visit. These are my thoughts.

Many thanks for your response. Trust me ekpetek I have sponsored a few and even worse applications withut issues and I can be pretty detailed. My invitation letter clearly stated evidence of funds and my saving account was mentioned. As one. I only added my salary account to back up the payslips which I know is a requirement.

So the ECO completely disregarding it unreal to me. It’s my account . It’s not a business account . The ECO didn’t even mention seeing it. Which makes me feel he/she didn’t see it. Aren’t they supposed to take into consideration all evidence of funds supplied? Why should they choose an account with little money against another that has high balance . I’m struggling

The 750k income is her salary also they haven’t mentioned she received 1.2m annually from her husband or is that not an income. These was all clearly stated on the app and the supporting info section. . Her business makes way over that. She just doesn’t build her savings but alas I stated I am fully sponsoring. She didn’t include the sole signatory doc because she isn’t sponsoring herself . And mo money is being taken from the business account which has over 3 million at the time.

I plan to reapply tonight and add a complaint . Can I use the same sets of docs. She only applied 3 weeks ago and all docs have either may 2o18 date or last week April.

I plan to reprint my savings account and scan it down to her in colour.

I am happy to ask her to obtain the letter of sole signatory from the bank . But again this isn’t a requirement as far as I am concerned. She isnt spending from that account. She only added it there to back up her business

What’s your take on using the same set of docs. I hope to get her an appointment slot early next week . But will re apply tonight
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iyatrustee(f): 8:27pm On Jun 05, 2018
ekpotek:

For clarity sake, are you saying if i used hotel reservation to get my visa and eventually stayed with a friend during the trip, there will be issues during subsequent application? Even when i dont stay longer than the number of days stated in the application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by samakins1001: 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2018
@Justwise Please How Much Is Uk Visitor Visa Fee With Tlscontant Fee At Ikeja Or Victoria Island, Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by samakins1001: 8:51pm On Jun 05, 2018
@Obaxlove, How Much Did You Pay For Your Visa Fee With Tlscontact Altogether Please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2018
iyatrustee:

For clarity sake, are you saying i[b]f i used hotel reservation to get my visa and eventually stayed with a friend during the trip, there will be issues during subsequent application[/b]? Even when i dont stay longer than the number of days stated in the application?

Yes if the UKVI finds out. You are required in the application to state if you are going to visit/stay with someone or not. Note your visa only allows you to present yourself at POE. It is not a guarantee that you will be cleared to enter. That power lies on the hand of POE officers. Many have been put of the next avaliable plane back to Nigeria and their visa cancelled for make such silly mistakes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2018
chomc:

Many thanks for your response. Trust me ekpetek I have sponsored a few and even worse applications withut issues and I can be pretty detailed. My invitation letter clearly stated evidence of funds and my saving account was mentioned. As one. I only added my salary account to back up the payslips which I know is a requirement.

So the ECO completely disregarding it unreal to me. It’s my account . It’s not a business account . It wasn’t even mentioned. Which makes me feel he/she didn’t see it.

The 750k income is her salary also they haven’t mentioned she received 1.2m annually from her husband or is that not an income. These was all clearly stated on the app and the supporting info section. . Her business makes way over that. She just doesn’t build her savings but alas I stated I am fully sponsoring. She didn’t include the sole signatory doc because she isn’t sponsoring herself . And mo money is being taken from the business account which has over 3 million at the time.

I plan to reapply tonight and add a complaint . Can I use the same sets of docs. She only applied 3 weeks ago and all docs have either may 2o18 date or last week April.

I plan to reprint my savings account and scan it down to her in colour.

I am happy to ask her to obtain the letter of sole signatory from the bank . But again this isn’t a requirement as far as I am concerned. She isnt spending from that account. She only added it there to back up her business

What’s your take on using the same set of docs. I hope to get her an appointment slot early next week . But will re apply tonight

You will need to update your documents to make it current or the ECO will have another excuse to refuse. Sure you can point out the omissions by the ECO, but complaining or unnecessary confrontation will not solve the issue. I have seen people applications kept in limbo until the purpose of the visit is defeated.
Lessons: never provide document that make your case complicated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:39pm On Jun 05, 2018
obaxlove:

So meaning I should extend my hotel reservation to tally with my return flight details abi? Or I should just leave the 4 nights reservation.

You can still maintain the current resevation. If asked at POE why are staying beyong 4 days, just smile and politely, state that you will be extending your reservation on site (hotel) as you will like to do some shopping and sight seeing before you return back to Nigeria. Beside you have a travel grant, so the ECO will understand. But make sure you declare how long you intend to stay on your landing card.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2018
obaxlove:

please i need your help, what date did you collect your passport? cause i applied on the 22nd of may, and my flight is by 12 of june... any hope bro?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 10:08pm On Jun 05, 2018
ekpotek:

You can still maintain the current resevation. If asked at POE why are staying beyong 4 days, just smile and politely, state that you will be extending your reservation on site (hotel) as you will like to do some shopping and sight seeing before you return back to Nigeria. Beside you have a travel grant, so the ECO will understand. But make sure you declare how long you intend to stay on your landing card.

Thank you sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 10:09pm On Jun 05, 2018
Ezechinwa:

please i need your help, what date did you collect your passport? cause i applied on the 22nd of may, and my flight is by 12 of june... any hope bro?

Today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2018
samakins1001:
@Obaxlove, How Much Did You Pay For Your Visa Fee With Tlscontact Altogether Please

Ikeja. Approximately 50k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.