Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,495 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530813 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:12pm On Aug 13, 2018
MizMary:

Pls @justwise @ekpotek I applied for a standard visitor's visa using priority service on the 26th of July.but since I have gotten the not straightforward mail twice now.i am just worried cos I am meant to write an exam.do u have any advice for me?��

.Is this your first UK visa application?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 9:47pm On Aug 13, 2018
mrcodebreaker:
I am asking this question again as I have been having conflicting answers from different people.

I am using only my company account as the only account I’m presenting and I also stated in my intro letter I am being sponsored by my company which I own for this trip which I own. I am sole signatory to account I have ref letter and bank statements.

The questions are as follows

1) "What is the cost to you personally of your trip?"

2) "Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip?” (YES/NO)

This is tricky. You cannot say you because it would mean the account and statements should personally be in your name.

Yet you have to somehow mention yourself as the sole signatory to the company account.

Why are you traveling? Emphasize on this and tie with why this trip should be covered under company’s funds.

Then for the answers, put 0 since it will cost nothing to you personally.

Is someone other that yourself paying for your trip - put your company name. For why - put why you are traveling in relation to what benefits your company’s growth.

Are you filling the form online - on the extra info sheet, this should be the first thing their eyes see - why your company funds is being used for your trip. Simple and short. No unnecessary info to muddle up things.

Are you going to add your bank statements to the application bundle? Make sure you label them properly and highlight so they don’t mix up. Maybe at the top of the company’s statements, write in capital letters - COMPANY ACCOUNT (supporting return trip)

Do not forget to mention how this trip will benefit your company on your return - this should serve as a tie back to Nigeria.

Wish you the best.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MizMary: 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2018
justwise:

.Is this your first UK visa application?

Yes it is.any reasons why you ask?pls anyway to play down my anxiety....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dami20: 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2018
Cutiestalex:
Yes you'll be lodge in an hotel but you will have to apply for a transit visa online.

I contacted turkey airline and was told I have to transport myself to the hotel . I thought there should b like an hotel pickup
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mrcodebreaker: 9:48am On Aug 14, 2018
[quote author=marylanderr post=70253456][/quote]

thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 11:13am On Aug 14, 2018
mrcodebreaker:

thank you very much

You are welcome. Did you already apply? I saw that my message might have come too late because you wanted to apply yesterday?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Notes: 11:43am On Aug 14, 2018
Notes:
Thanks Justwise, ekpotek,Fcisca.and bigbus for your responses to my questions here starting from April 15. I did biometrics on the 19th of june, got my passport yesterday via courier with a 6 months visa. I appreciate all those who post on this thread.

Modified.

SOS!!! Justwise, ekpotek and all good people here. My course provider canceled when am just a few days to travel, due to insufficient number for training. I got another institute for same course and date but a different city. Its 45mins train from first location. Please how do I handle the landing card with this new development. I had booked hotel close to first location.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 11:48am On Aug 14, 2018
MizMary:

Yes it is.any reasons why you ask?pls anyway to play down my anxiety....

What exam are you going to write? PLAB?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2018
Hi Nairalanders,

My younger brother's recent visa application was refused based on this ground. I would be grateful if anyone could throw more light into this, and the possibility of reapplying.

Thanks in advance

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MizMary: 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2018
MollyBank:

What exam are you gooing to write? PLAB?
Yes @mollybank...it is PLAB
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
Notes:

SOS!!! Justwise, ekpotek and all good people here. My course provider canceled when am just a few days to travel, due to insufficient number for training. I got another institute for same course and date but a different city. Its 45mins train from first location. Please how do I handle the landing card with this new development. I had booked hotel close to first location.

No need to panic. Carry every documents concerning the cancelation and the new course. The important information needed on the landing card is contact address in the UK. You can booked a hotel near the new venue and use the information as your contact address in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solaiphones: 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2018
[quote author=Question1 post=70267103]Hi Nairalanders,

My younger brother's recent visa application was refused based on this ground. I would be grateful if anyone could throw more light into this, and the possibility of reapplying.

Thanks in advance[/quote
Oh that’s very bad. Do you submit any statement of account, is there inflow and outflow of funds in the account ?
That’s the problem with these western countries they want want a very strong social ties to Home
Country it’s very difficult for Nigerian students to be granted visit visa to the uk unless he is wealthy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Notes: 1:10pm On Aug 14, 2018
ekpotek:

No need to panic. Carry every documents concerning the cancelation and the new course. The important information needed on the landing card is contact address in the UK. You can booked a hotel near the new venue and use the information as your contact address in the UK.

Very well noted, thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
[quote author=solaiphones post=70268290][/quote]

In fact, its so sad!

Hes actually a 400L student studying a 5 years course
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2018
[quote author=solaiphones post=70268290][/quote]
He actually submitted a Bank statement that belongs to his uncle(Sponsor) whom they share the same surname. This statement contains more than 1.5m
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solaiphones: 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
Question1:

He actually submitted a Bank statement that belongs to his uncle(Sponsor) whom they share the same surname. This statement contains more than 1.5m

That’s the problem. He is over 18years. He needs his own personal account to be fat assuming he has that kind of money in his account with a good outflow and inflow he might be considered.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2018
solaiphones:

That’s the problem. He is over 18years. He needs his own personal account to be fat assuming he has that kind of money in his account with a good outflow and inflow he might be considered.

In this case, he would have needed to prove the source of the money e.g Bank Statement, business docs etc. Nb: Hes a non- working student
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2018
MizMary:

Yes @mollybank...it is PLAB

My friend is having the same issue. He's billed to take PLAB on 6th September. He did his biometric on 20th June and got the not straightforward email about three weeks later.
He sent an email to them last week, they escalated it and said he should give them 15 working days.
He intends sending another email tomorrow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2018
Question1:
Hi Nairalanders,

Thanks in advance

Sorry your brother was denied because he did not show any financial ties. Since your brother is a student and depends on someone for his education. He should have also submitted his bank statement showing inflow of funds to support his study and up keep.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MizMary: 2:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
@Ekpotek and @justwise plss.. ...what do you suggest.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solaiphones: 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2018
Question1:

In this case, he would have needed to prove the source of the money e.g Bank Statement, business docs etc. Nb: Hes a non- working student
That doesn’t mean there’s a section on the form where u will tick supported by family spouse and others
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solaiphones: 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2018
ekpotek:

Sorry your brother was denied because he did not show any financial ties. Since your brother is a student and depends on someone for his education. He should have also submitted his bank statement showing inflow of funds to support his study and up keep.
God bless u sir my cousin who is a student got a visit visa with just 200k in his account with inflow of 2m and outflow of 1.8 for six months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mrcodebreaker: 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
marylanderr:

You are welcome. Did you already apply? I saw that my message might have come too late because you wanted to apply yesterday?

Yes I reapplied again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
mrcodebreaker:

Yes I reapplied again.

Okay, did you fill those questions with proper answers? So no opportunity is given for any hesitation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Johnokafor10001: 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2018
hello , I have paid everything that is required to get my company tax clearance ;tax clearance will take weeks before i will get them . i paid 100,000 naira for tax , late return fee 30,000 . can i apply for UK visa and present the bank tellers as evidence that i have paid my tax? is that accepted ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 5:19pm On Aug 14, 2018
Pls po, what else can we do to get passport back. After 25working days with no decision made, we applied for a withdrawal and after 5working days now, still no passport. TLS contact are absolutely clueless about when it will come. I tire. What's the next step?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 5:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
solaiphones:

God bless u sir my cousin who is a student got a visit visa with just 200k in his account with inflow of 2m and outflow of 1.8 for six months

Thanks I really appreciate your comments.
Just to be cleared, If he submits his bank statement as well, he doesn't have to provide any document explaining the source??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mrcodebreaker: 7:00pm On Aug 14, 2018
marylanderr:

Okay, did you fill those questions with proper answers? So no opportunity is given for any hesitation.

Yes I did. Tbh i made a few mistakes in filling the form. But with help from an agent (which i know you people dont like to hear about here) If using a company account yes its a sponsored trip. So now the answers to those questions are 'Yes' its a sponsored trip. How much do you earn 'Not Fixed', How much do you have personally 'Sponsored', How much are you bringing for the trip 'Sponsored', How much would they be paying towards your trip '2000GBP', Then also you write that your earnings as ceo depends on revenue/profit made by the company. The thing is a lot of people use their business accounts more than we all think. Then also as you said, use a support letter with an itinerary, board resolution, introduction letter etc. I am hoping on a positive result by Gods grace.

I am hoping other business owners are reading this as well.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solaiphones: 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
Question1:

Thanks I really appreciate your comments.
Just to be cleared, If he submits his bank statement as well, he doesn't have to provide any document explaining the source??
He can add a few comments at the additional information section.but you must be careful transferring huge amount of money to his account fews days to application is wrong. Let him build his account for the next six months with a good inflow and outflow of money

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2018
MizMary:
@Ekpotek and @justwise plss.. ...what do you suggest.

There is very little you can do at the moment, though you are likely to hear from them sooner than later since they have sent you email twice regarding your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2018
solaiphones:

He can add a few comments at the additional information section.but you must be careful transferring huge amount of money to his account fews days to application is wrong. Let him build his account for the next six months with a good inflow and outflow of money

I dont know if i am getting this wrong...but i think the sponsor can deposit the total sum of money for the trip into the applicant's account but must be written in the cover letter....i dont think that should be a problem...the onus is on the applicant to show he has strong ties to Nigeria...i dont think its worth waiting for 6months building your account statement and get denied afterall...let him just work on his ties and his sponsor can deposit into his accout, the money he plans to sponso him with andhe explains this in the cover letter...he should be fine with this

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.