Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531067 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by winneijay(f): 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2018
winneijay:
@ijeshaoflondon, thank you. This is noted.

Any other advise is still welcome. I intend to submit on Tuesday next week.

Please I just remembered. Do I need to declare all the 3 times I was denied US Visa or just Specifying the last denial is enough?

Please assist to clarify.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
Ikeja bro
ijeshaoflondon:

Vi or ikeja?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mynaija123(m): 9:07pm On Sep 07, 2018
Please am thinking of relocating from Nigeria.
Can I get a visa to the UK with 2.5 million naira and presently with no job.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by humblemoi: 8:13am On Sep 08, 2018
carnal:
My daughter's last application was refused and the reason given is that the UK Law stipulates that "her both parents are required lawfully to be present in the UK or at the same time be applying for entry clearance under the same category".
The father of my daughter already has a visitor's visa (2 years already),Hence i want to enquire that since we are not LEGALLY married and do not reside in the same house, can he ;
1. apply for a dependant visa alongside my daughter?
2. Can the visitor's visa be cancelled or both visa issued side by side

Ma! Why are you spamming the thread?. You have been answered on the student visa section where you posted your query. Please go back there and see the suggestions offered to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Johnokafor10001: 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2018
Good morning everyone is it a must to apply for a visa with cover letter ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2018
Johnokafor10001:

It helps , remember ur not gonna be there to defend ur self but your cover letter would guide the eco .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2018
Interestingly, I have never included a Cover Letter.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2018
Please how many months bank statement can I print out for the visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Johnokafor10001: 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:

It helps , remember ur not gonna be there to defend ur self but your cover letter would guide the eco .
please how can i start with the cover letter , my address nd the embassy address , what will be the subject please , i need little intro . thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 7:18pm On Sep 08, 2018
Check page 418 or 419 for a sample
Johnokafor10001:
please how can i start with the cover letter , my address nd the embassy address , what will be the subject please , i need little intro . thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:40am On Sep 09, 2018
Johnokafor10001:

A cover letter is just an additional information which cannot fit into the additional information space in the online application form due to words limit. If your application is straight forward, then you do not need one. If there are issues that your want to explain outside the application form, then include a cover letter. Sometimes the ECO may read or may not read your cover letter unless you specifically direct him to it. The best way to this is to enter in the additional information space “See cover letter/note attached”. This statement point the ECO to read your cover letter for more explaination you might have. Remember the ECO have limited time to treat a visa application and will only read you cover note if you direct them to it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:57am On Sep 09, 2018
sweetgold5:
Please I need your advice on how to go about my refusal.....

This is so painful after traveling to the UK for more than 5times and applying for more than 3times and also putting to bed in the UK and paying all the NHS outstanding bills......I still got refused! Based on unclassified facts.

Please guys I need your advice on how to handle this refusal and I would also like the gurus in the house to please interpret this refusal letter for me because I really do not understand it.

They gave 2 reasons for my refusal
1. That I did not complete my NHS payment....which I did already and also submitted all the receipts given to me by CCI UK.but it seems they did not confirm from CCI about the payments..... Meanwhile I have called CCI today and they said they will send a mail to the hospital to inform them I have completed my payments (something they should have done before now)

2. The most painful part is my school they claim I am not a student DAT my documents are counterfeits!.......And this is obviously not true! They sent a mail to my school to verify if I m a student and the school replied them yes! I am surprised they are still saying I used a false document.

Please if my school writes them again will that change anything? And also the Hospital in London. Please I need your advice please its very important and urgent please! What are my chances? Please what do I do?

After waiting up to a month for a reply I still got refused meanwhile my daughter was also refused because I was refused and he's travelling with This is so painful. Please what can we do is there still a solution?

Thanks as always

Sorry about this refusal. Techincally you have been banned for 10 years, meaning that you will always be refused if your apply for any visiting visa till 2028.

The UK home office are famous for keeping records. If you did used their NHS and you had paid up, you should have collected a letter of No debt advice from NHS to include as part of your documentation.
The issues of your school documents will be is the school recognized by Home office to admit foreign student? Is your study a degree course or short course? Why did the school not authenticate your documents?

Anyway if you want to clear your name and your have all the necessary documents about NHS payments and schools. Then contact an immigration lawyer into the UK to handle this case or you just wait till 2028.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by forget101O(m): 10:11am On Sep 09, 2018
Good morning house, a friend of mine has a 7 day course to attend in the UK. what type of visa should she apply for? Please, your responses will be of great help to her. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 11:14am On Sep 09, 2018
winneijay:

Please I just remembered. Do I need to declare all the 3 times I was denied US Visa or just Specifying the last denial is enough?

Please assist to clarify.

Thank you.

Obviously you have to mention the 3 refusals. Once you mention the first one they may run a check to find out why and if they find out the other three, that's misrepresentation, with its associated consequences. Let's hope you have other travel history.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 1:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
KDK:

Hello, How did the application go? Any update?

I have not applied yet. I will do as you and Justwise advised. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:52pm On Sep 09, 2018
forget101O:
Good morning house, a friend of mine has a 7 day course to attend in the UK. what type of visa should she apply for? Please, your responses will be of great help to her. Thanks in anticipation.

Standard visitor visa since a 7 day course is not toward a diploma or degree certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ENGRPETER101: 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2018
Pls guru in the house my company what to sponsor me for vacation in uk, what and what documents did I need to submit in the embassy I need kindly response thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ENGRPETER101: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2018
What documents did I need from my company to submit to the embassy thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2018
Pls who has done his/her Biometric at Tls Ikeja on 17th of August.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
Jarus:

Smiles. We were born 4 days apart.

winks!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 3:38pm On Sep 09, 2018
winneijay:
Good Evening everyone,

Thank you to all who actually take out time to response to all posts. Y'all are the real MVP.

Please I'm applying for a UK Visa for the first time and i will need everyone's assistance.

I work as a Cloud Solutions Lead/Manager for my organization. I've been working there for the past 4 years. I earn 320k as Gross but after deductions like Pension, Tax, HMO, Car Insurance etc, it comes down to 277k or so. Which amount should I specify in my Application form (322k or 277k).

I'm currently attending a Gartner Conference in London. The conference is fully sponsored by my Organization. My organization has paid for the conference (about 2,800 Euros). Gartner has sent to me an Invitation letter to use for my Visa application. I currently have all the below:

Letter of Invitation from Gartner
Receipt for Payment of Registration
Company Introduction letter stating that they trip will be fully sponsored
Pay Slip
Personal 6 Months Salary Account Statement and Savings Account Statement
I currently have about 80k balance in my current account but I have about 600k in my AXA MANSARD INVESTMENT ACCOUNT
Marriage Certificate
3 kids Birth Certificate
Family Pictures
Company's CAC
Consent letter from My husband
Hotel Booking
Employment Letter
Confirmation Letter
Company Letter of Loyalty.

Please see below my response to Questions on the Application form:

Who is paying towards the cost of your visit?
(Required)

My employer or company

How much money will they be paying towards your visit?
(Required)
Currency

Amount:2000 Pounds

Why are they helping to pay for your visit?They are helping to pay for my visit because i am attending a Gartner IT Infrastructure Operations and Cloud Strategy Conference on behalf of my organization.

Give details of the main purpose of your visit and anything else you plan to do on your trip: The main purpose of my visit is to attend the Gartner IT Infrastructure Operations and Cloud Strategy Conference and i will be using two days sight seeing and shopping. The Gartner conference is from 27th to 29th November, 2018.

Details of immigration problem in the other country
Give details of what happened
(Required)

An application for a visa was refused: Reason ; I was not given a Visa to attend a Microsoft Ignite Conference in Orlando Florida, United States.

Do you have another income or any savings?
Savings
How much money do you have in savings (in GBP)?
1200.00 GBP
Change
Your income and savings
How much money are you planning to spend on your visit to the UK?
£2500.00
About the cost of your visit
What is the total amount of money you spend each month?
£550.00
About your financial situation
Will anyone be paying towards the cost of your visit?
Yes
Paying for your visit
Who is paying towards the cost of your visit?
My employer or company
How much money will they be paying towards your visit?
£2000.00

Please assist me with anything I might be missing as I do not want to be denied.

Thank you.

hi, I think you are good to go, but please let the eco know you will be sponsored and that you are just paying a little from your own account and please back it up with a detailed cover letter and show proof of those funds.

also spending more than 250k on a monthly basis will raise suspicions, are you the only one catering for the family of 5? is your husby retired??

pls review ur docs before attempting to submit.... wishing you success in your application..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MT: 4:45pm On Sep 09, 2018
Legend1145:

4 of my colleagues did as a group and the passports are already due for collections. Passports to be picked up tomorrow, Monday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2018
Legend1145:

I did mine on 15th August.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2018
Wow mine still showing received by UK.
MT:

4 of my colleagues did as a group and the passports are already due for collections. Passports to be picked up tomorrow, Monday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
Someone said (in dis group) that if ur passport is with dem for more dan 15working days da go issue visa. Is dat true??
Jarus:

I did mine on 15th August.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
Legend1145:
Someone said (in dis group) that if ur passport is with dem for more dan 15working days da go issue visa. Is dat true??

I don't understand you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2018
Someone said if ur passport stay with d embassy for more dan 15working days, they nine issue visa for d applicant
Jarus:

I don't understand you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.