Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535286 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daddysgal2015: 10:36am On Sep 12, 2018
Please correct me if am wrong. But when i applied last year, i think i picked date before paying. I sha remembered i saw appointment date before paying at all. Because i was using the new site before changing to the old one.
The point is didnt he see the appointment dates first..?

He needs to change that date. Because by the time the visa officer opens his file, the date has passed. It can lead to refusal straight away..sorry to say that ☹☹

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Finesing: 10:39am On Sep 12, 2018
tolani4real:

It depends on why they stopped or called you in. Be warned, don't travel with your school certificate if your Visa is VISITOR Visa.

Just wanted to know if there's anything I should go with
The dude just asked what my plans were and where I'll be staying
I brought out my accommodation payment confirmation and return ticket to show him and he laughed and said no need
That he just wanted to know what activities I'd be interested in doing for the whole week
Coz I initially said just sightseeing and he thinks that one week was too much for sightseeing.

I've heard scary stories about US PoE and so I wanted to be prepared.
Thanks anyway.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Finesing: 10:40am On Sep 12, 2018
mokikeoj:

Great!! Maybe we could see some sights together. Is this your first time of going there.

In London now.
Du?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 10:57am On Sep 12, 2018
olystic:

please how much did she state as her living cost in Nigeria since here monthly salary is 157k

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Greatg0809: 11:55am On Sep 12, 2018
Hello everybody, please I have a registered business that is over a year old now but I want to present my personal account, I don’t have a business account. Please Can I present the personal account like that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by admax(m): 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2018
Feedback from my 4th UK visa approval by just reading comments.

I got my 2years visa despite having less than 40k left in my personal account. They check a whole lot of info before giving someone a visa; good travel histories, ties to the country, consistent fund inflow before checking a bank account balance - I think. This is my 4th visa and the first time I am getting a 2years visa.

Thank you all and keep the questions coming, no matter how stupid they sound, others will learn from it!

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2018
Finesing:

In London now.
Du?

Will be there tomorrow. Sent you a mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2018
olawale780:
Please I need clarification on this. My brother is suppose to travel to UK on 16th of September and leave UK on 21st. wch is estimated to b 5 days according to the form he filled on gov.UK.
D issue here now is that he has payed for d visa fee but was unable to get an appointment date under 16th, he got 17th of September for his appointment date to submit his documents at TLScontact. Wch is contradicting to his arrival date of 16th on the form he filled on gov.uk
I don't know if this will affect his Uk Visa

You may want to try priority. You walk in without appointment, pay priority fee, and get attended to for biometrics same day. But 16th September is too close for even priority.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olawale780: 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
Jarus:

You may want to try priority. You walk in without appointment, pay priority fee, and get attended to for biometrics same day. But 16th September is too close for even priority.
thanks bro, He subscribed to d priority service on Gov.uk website, is he going to buy it again at Tlscontact?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TroublemakerPro: 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
Good day guys, please i have a question .

My parents are living in London And they are
citizens together with my sisters, I applied for visa yearsback but I was denied because my parents were not citizens then,
Now I applied this year and submitted the required documents early August, my dad told me that he received a call from the UK embassy to pay for my hospital bill In London, but he is still not certain that my visa will be approved.

My question is,

1. where will my visa be approved (or denied) is it in the embassy in UK or the one in Nigeria.

2.will I still be called for interview , since my dad got a call from the embassy in UK to pay my hospital bills.

3. What are my chances of getting a visa.

Thanks , and sorry for the long write up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olawale780: 1:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
daddysgal2015:
Please correct me if am wrong. But when i applied last year, i think i picked date before paying. I sha remembered i saw appointment date before paying at all.
well, u are correct, u will pick a date and time before payment.
He is working on this form for the past 2 weeks now, but initially all the date in September seem to be unavailable, I don't know if the fault is from Gov.uk website. He always check d site every day. Now that there is a opening for 17, he just went straight up to pick it forgetting the fact that some information on the first page of the application is contradicting the 17 he picked. He even opted in for a priority service because he is going for a church program at one other country like that.

The way the site is behaving for d past 3 weeks now. Once u get to d pay section. Don't try going back if not u may not be able to choose a closes date for ur appointment or u may not even be able to choose a date at all. The message u will get is " the appointment time you have chosen is not available, please try another time".u may try all d dates in the month and never get a date. I think d site is having issues and to contact them, they will charge u £5 for email and £2 for call.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edmasta01: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Zippy98:
Hi experts please assist, my mother's visitors visa was denied.

The issue now is my mum's statement of account. I started that my mum is a petty trader and received in total,annually 1 million naira, 600k from sales and upto 400k from me and my siblings.

I didn't include any account statement for my mum as I assumed that since I was sponsoring my mum my records should be sufficient. I had submitted me and my husband's pay slips and also savings in my Uk current account of 10 000 pounds.

The issue now is the need prove of my mum's earnings, my mum's bank statement if printed doesn't show her finances as she hardly use that account. The money she uses goes directly from her sales to the local farmers who supply her goods in cash. When I and my brother send money to my mum we send it through my yonger sister as my mum hardly have the time to go to the bank . We sometimes send to her account too.

Please can I send the above explanation in the new application with evidence of these transfers from both my account and my brothers account to recipients that is my sister and sometimes my mum. In the last 1year I have sent them over or upto a million naira but this is not currently sitting in the account as the money is for their upkeep.Please How much do I need to leave in her account and for how long to sufficiently prove that she has these money .

The second reason the gave was that their is no proof that my parents still own the land property for which we provided documentation for. Please how else can we proof the existence of this property if not by providing the original document which we did. My parents already just completed their build and moved into the land in question and we provided all the original documents.The C of O isn't ready yet even though the already applied. I only gave proof of payment for the land and power of attorney documents including land survey.
I can transfer upto a million in my mum's account now but please for how long does it need to sit in the account before she can reapply as my mum will not be able to leave her trading money in an account as proof since she buys goods on a daily bases.

Please experts kindly advise on how I can proceed. Thank you for your time.

I am not an expert (we are all learning), but having helped my mum with hers, let me give my 2 cents...

1. For every claim you make in your application form, you need to provide proof of it. If your mum is a petty trader, ask her to run every income and expenses she gets from her business through her bank account. e.g. If someone wants to pay her, tell her to ask them pay in her bank account, if she needs to pay out, tell her to pay out to their account. We do a lot of cash in hand in Nigeria, which makes it difficult to come up with documentation.

if she can't get farmers to pay into her bank account. Get her to ask the farmers for receipt of payment, she can collect in cash, and then pay it into her bank account. Let her do this for six months. She can use the reciepts (and explain that she collects in cash)or bank account as proof of her business/ties to Nigeria.

2. When you and your brother send her money from the UK, don't do it through the local money agent. Use www.azimo.com or www.worldremit.com to fund from your UK bank account to her Nigerian bank account. With this, you will be able to collect receipts/proof that you fund her accounts. I use this too.

3. Even though you provided your own proof of earnings, your mums needs to be accessed as well. This is something difficult for me to wrap my head around as well, when i applied for my mum.

4. As for the landed property, get your lawyer to write a letter showing that the land ownership was transferred. Also take a photo of the house + use the survey document and also include the proof of payment of C of O + documents from the ministry saying you've applied for C of O.

Dont just transfer 1 million to your mum. It will cause her issues. What you need to transfer few days prior to applying for the visa is money for her flight ticket and maybe £100 for stipends (use Azimo) and then provide proof of that in the application.

I hope this helps you. Finally, be patient. Don't try to rush this.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
olawale780:
thanks bro, He subscribed to d priority service on Gov.uk website, is he going to buy it again at Tlscontact?

Ok

He could pay for walk-in at TLS. Just go without appointment and pay for walk-in, you will be attended to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Demime: 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
Demime:
Dear Team,

Thank you all for the answer on the above questions. I am really impressed with this sight, I have learnt so many things and it has helped with the preparation of my Visa application. Please I have heard on this platform that a detailed planned itinerary is needed. Please all can you all help me with a sample of detailed Planned itinerary in London. I am going for 10 days and will be doing sight-seeing and shopping. Please house and all the guru's your help is needed.

Please can someone help here, Justwise and Ekoitek and all the gurus pls help with how an itinerary should be.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daniel2090: 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
Gurus in the house..i just want to ask if its possible to get a positive response(visa granted)in 1week with priority service.I mean how common is such response at this time of the year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stefanimay: 5:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
[quote author=ijeshaoflondon post=71127572][/quote]

Hi..thanks for this buh want to ask: for question 76 Nd 77..i.e cost of trip personally Nd total amount for this trip....

If the applicant will be fully sponsored,do I still put an amount or just put "N/A" ?....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pearl360(f): 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2018
daniel2090:
Gurus in the house..i just want to ask if its possible to get a positive response(visa granted)in 1week with priority service.I mean how common is such response at this time of the year

Hmmmm!
Did my biometrics on the 3rd September and paid for priority service. Today is 12th and I'm yet to get a response from TLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2018
daniel2090:

I got a priority within 9 working days.

I'm not sure about 5 days.

But there is a super priority that is said to be 24 or 48 hours (very expensive), I think that one should be able to come out within 5 days in worst case.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mrcodebreaker: 12:28am On Sep 13, 2018
olawale780:
Please I need clarification on this. My brother is suppose to travel to UK on 16th of September and leave UK on 21st. wch is estimated to b 5 days according to the form he filled on gov.UK.
D issue here now is that he has payed for d visa fee but was unable to get an appointment date under 16th, he got 17th of September for his appointment date to submit his documents at TLScontact. Wch is contradicting to his arrival date of 16th on the form he filled on gov.uk
I don't know if this will affect his Uk Visa

Pls just forget that application. Dont show up for the biometrics forget it and seek a refund after 2 or 3 weeks. But in the mean time do a new application properly this time with new dates . No rush or panic. You ll get a refund after a few weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 7:07am On Sep 13, 2018
Hello house,

Can someone with valid 6months family visit visa who has visited just once without breaking rules apply for another 2 years visit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 7:27am On Sep 13, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:
Hello house,

Can someone with valid 6months family visit visa who has visited just once without breaking rules apply for another 2 years visit visa?

Wait till the 6months visa expires, You can apply for 2 years immediately after expiration .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 10:32am On Sep 13, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:

Wait till the 6months visa expires, You can apply for 2 years immediately after expiration .

oh okay... Thanks for the prompt response. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by darktanlivia(f): 10:52am On Sep 13, 2018
Hello , I applied for 6 months years back and said I would stay for 1 week or so, but I stayed for 1 month. Now I want to reapply. Hope that is not an issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daddysgal2015: 11:05am On Sep 13, 2018
darktanlivia:
Hello , I applied for 6 months years back and said I would stay for 1 week or so, but I stayed for 1 month. Now I want to reapply. Hope that is not an issue

No issues at all. Just be consistent with ur info in the previous application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olawale780: 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2018
mrcodebreaker:

Pls just forget that application. Dont show up for the biometrics forget it and seek a refund after 2 or 3 weeks. But in the mean time do a new application properly this time with new dates . No rush or panic. You ll get a refund after a few weeks
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olawale780: 12:46pm On Sep 13, 2018
mrcodebreaker:

thanks, but can u explain to me why I need to forget it and fill another form?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
Picked my passport few minutes ago.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
How was it Jarus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
Sup bro. How many days did It take after Biometric to receive a decision. I did mine 17 Aug and it's still showing Received by UK since den on TLS website
And I hope u start building ur bank account and other ties the ECO mention.
Olugerm:
How was it Jarus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2018
TroublemakerPro:
Good day guys, please i have a question .

My parents are living in London And they are
citizens together with my sisters, I applied for visa yearsback but I was denied because my parents were not citizens then,
Now I applied this year and submitted the required documents early August, my dad told me that he received a call from the UK embassy to pay for my hospital bill In London, but he is still not certain that my visa will be approved.

My question is,

1. where will my visa be approved (or denied) is it in the embassy in UK or the one in Nigeria.

2.will I still be called for interview , since my dad got a call from the embassy in UK to pay my hospital bills.

3. What are my chances of getting a visa.

Thanks , and sorry for the long write up.

If your visa is rejected, you can appeal.
If your Dad is a citizen, submitting all is documents (bills & payslips) may increase your chances of getting the visa approved.
N. B If he is not claiming benefits from the govt because the govt does not like granting visa's to applicant who will be a burden to them or to tax payer

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ofalu047(m): 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2018
tjpetite:
Hello Ofalu047, please have you gotten a response from UKVI? I am yet to get a feedback myself..Biometrics since June 18th..

Yes bruh. Got a response yesterday.
It was positive.
I pray yours would come too.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 4:54pm On Sep 13, 2018
Olugerm:
How was it Jarus

Lol. I see no reason why I will be denied UK visa.

I go there in October every year (since few years now). My company's Head Office is in the UK.

I dont even submit bank statements or payslips.

Just a letter fom my company that they will fund the trip and a printout of the email between me and my British boss (who is in London office) on why I should come.

And I have travel history to other countries in addition to a decent income confirmed by my employer.

I don't even think of being refused visa to UK.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: NezzyMike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.