Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,443 members, 7,830,218 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535720 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2018
Pls I just got an email now for collection. What time does Tls close for collection I stay very close to Ikeja. Thanks
Or till tomorrow morning.
@jarus safe trip bro

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
I hope congratulations is not out of place. Do have a safe trip
Jarus:

Lol. I see no reason why I will be denied UK visa.

I go there in October every year (since few years now). My company's Head Office is in the UK.

I dont even submit bank statements or payslips.

Just a letter fom my company that they will fund the trip and a printout of the email between me and my British boss (who is in London office) on why I should come.

And I have travel history to other countries in addition to a decent income confirmed by my employer.

I don't even think of being refused visa to UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
Legend1145:
Pls I just got an email now for collection. What time does Tls close for collection I stay very close to Ikeja. Thanks
@jarus safe trip bro

They close 4pm.

I got there 4.05pm yesterday and they didnt give me, so angry.

So go before 4pm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2018
Phenmeson:

If your visa is rejected, you can appeal.
If your Dad is a citizen, submitting all is documents (bills & payslips) may increase your chances of getting the visa approved.
N. B If he is not claiming benefits from the govt because the govt does not like granting visa's to applicant who will be a burden to them or to tax payer
oh I see this people ehn over calcu no go kill them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 6:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
jennyhumphrey:
I hope congratulations is not out of place. Do have a safe trip
you be boss nah
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2018
Jarus:

Lol. I see no reason why I will be denied UK visa.

I go there in October every year (since few years now). My company's Head Office is in the UK.

I dont even submit bank statements or payslips.

Just a letter fom my company that they will fund the trip and a printout of the email between me and my British boss (who is in London office) on why I should come.

And I have travel history to other countries in addition to a decent income confirmed by my employer.

I don't even think of being refused visa to UK.
you be boss nah you they chill with them self
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
Legend1145:
Sup bro. How many days did It take after Biometric to receive a decision. I did mine 17 Aug and it's still showing Received by UK since den on TLS website
And I hope u start building ur bank account and other ties the ECO mention.
I got mail for pickup exactly 15working days... Yes my friend from UK said she will be sending me some amount of money and I will cash it out and pay to the bank I tendered in my first application but abt the ties nothing ooo just looking God eyes , thanks for asking
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
Legend1145:
@jarus safe trip bro
Aww wish u all the best bruv

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by darktanlivia(f): 12:13am On Sep 14, 2018
Thanks for the response.

Years back when I applied, I said I didn’t know any in Uk. But now a friend wants to invite me and and I will stay with her. Is that an issue ?

daddysgal2015:

No issues at all. Just be consistent with ur info in the previous application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cutiestalex: 12:18am On Sep 14, 2018
ofalu047:

Yes bruh. Got a response yesterday.
It was positive.
I pray yours would come too.
Hi ..please when did you do ur biometric?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Melody21: 3:30am On Sep 14, 2018
My husband applied for a UK visa last month for his plab medical exam n was denied. We submitted the following ;
*Bank statement
*Treasury bill certificate
*Hotel reservation
*Cover letter
*plan 1 result, and plab2 exam confirmation
*Ielts certificate result, medical sch cert n license
*Leave from hospital, employment letter from his job
*Our marriage certificate plus a copy of m passport
*Child's birth certificate.
*tenancy agreement
*Apart from a medical exam trip to Ghana, no other travel history.
We would want to reapply soon. Because his exam has been booked for mid nov and has already paid over
400k for it.
PLEASE GURUS AND OTHER MEDICAL CANDIDATES, WHAT CAN HE DO AND ADD FOR NEXT APPLICATION
PLEASE NOTE: we intend to use his employer as a sponsor for his next reapplication n the employer has promised to transfer 80%of the funds he will need for the trip.Do u think this is a good idea.
A COPY OF THE REFUSAL LETTER IS ATTACHED. please help.thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ofalu047(m): 4:00am On Sep 14, 2018
Cutiestalex:

June 12. It took 3 months before l got the response.
I think since summer rush is now over, visa applications are processed faster now.
Cheers bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 6:39am On Sep 14, 2018
Melody21:
My husband applied for a UK visa last month for his plab medical exam n was denied. We submitted the following ;
*Bank statement
*Hotel reservation
*Cover letter
*tenancy agreement
We would want to reapply soon. Because his exam has been booked for mid nov and has already paid over
400k for it.
PLEASE GURUS AND OTHER MEDICAL CANDIDATES, WHAT CAN HE DO AND ADD FOR NEXT APPLICATION
PLEASE NOTE: we intend to use his employer as a sponsor for his next reapplication n the employer has promised to transfer 80%of the funds he will need for the trip.Do u think this is a good idea.
Sorry for the refusal. However, the pertinent issues here needs to be addressed.

How much was the closing balance?
The cash deposit that was highlighted in the refusal letter, was it properly explained with the appropriate documents in a cover letter? Cash deposits that does not correspond with the stated income is a red flag in the ECO's eyes unless you are able to properly explain the source.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Greatg0809: 7:48am On Sep 14, 2018
Hi good morning
I want to apply for a uk tourist visa with my wife and kids but my concerns are
1. I won’t be submitting my business account, I will b submitting my personal account statement
2.for my business I have been running since 2016,I haven’t paid tax. Please must it be a business account and not a personal account. Pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Melody21: 8:07am On Sep 14, 2018
[quote author=adegoks1234 post=71181265]
Sorry for the refusal. However, the pertinent issues here needs to be addressed.

How much was the closing balance?
The cash deposit that was highlighted in the refusal letter, was it properly explained with the appropriate documents in a cover letter? Cash deposits that does not correspond with the stated income is a red flag in the ECO's eyes unless you are able to properly explain the source.

The closing balance was a 850k with treasury cert of 200k...n no he didn't explain the highlighted cash deposit...pls what can be done
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 8:32am On Sep 14, 2018
[quote author=Melody21 post=71183323][/quote]

Build up the account a bit more and pay attention to the movements, I would suggest.

And don't use an employer as a sponsor for a trip that is of no benefit to them i.e. the ECO will wonder why an FMC is sponsoring one of its employees for emigration purposes (PLAB is an exam that has no relevance to a doctor's employment in Nigeria and is solely for emigration purposes to the UK). Nor should he make large deposits in to his account under any circumstances whether from his employer sponsor or not.

Reapplying with the same circumstances as one had during the first refusal is quite likely to lead to a second refusal. If I were your husband I would build up the account for a while and re-apply next year. Truth be told, the UK is being perverse about skilled migration now, the NHS needs doctors badly, but the government is being stupid about it for political reasons hence their blocking of people like your husband and a couple of other doctors I've heard about (my brother is a doctor and he and many of his friends are also going through these relocation processes).

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Teewhy29: 8:41am On Sep 14, 2018
Hi everyone, can you use a bank statement that was generated from an internet banking platform since it will not be stamped and signed by any bank official?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Melody21: 9:48am On Sep 14, 2018
[quote author=Cyberknight post=71184038]

Build up the account a bit more and pay attention to the outflows, I would suggest.
And don't use an employer as a sponsor for a trip that is of no benefit to them i.e. the ECO will wonder why the employer is sponsoring an exam which has no relevance for your husband's employment in Nigeria as PLAB is an exam for doctors seeking emigration to the UK. Nor should he make large deposits in to his account under any circumstances whether from his employer sponsor or not.

Reapplying with the same circumstances as one had during the first refusal is quite likely to lead to a second refusal. If I were your husband I would build up the account for a while and re-apply next year. Truth be told, the UK is being perverse about skilled migration now, the NHS needs doctors badly, but the government is being stupid about it for political reasons hence their blocking of people like your husband and a couple of other doctors I've heard about (my brother is a doctor and he and many of his friends are also going through these relocation processes).

Hmmm...thanks a lot...but he has already paid for his exam coming up in Nov...what if his aunty sponsors him, can we build send documents to build up ties..would that help our circumstances.. Cos over 400k is too much to lose for an already booked exam
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Melody21: 9:50am On Sep 14, 2018
[quote author=Melody21 post=71183323][/quote]
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 10:23am On Sep 14, 2018
Melody21:

Thank you

No possibilities of refund of the exam fee due to a refused visa/any other cancellation reason before specified cutoff date?

I would also advise not using any sponsor at all - using sponsors for grown working-age adults presents problems.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tjpetite: 10:44am On Sep 14, 2018
Awwww!!! Atlast.. Thanks for your response. I pray mine comes out soonest also. alsquote author=ofalu047 post=71166469]

Yes bruh. Got a response yesterday.
It was positive.
I pray yours would come too. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 12:46pm On Sep 14, 2018
[quote author=Melody21 post=71186492][/quote]Actually, for all cases of visa refusal, the plab 2 fee will be refunded. It takes 10 working days for GMC to refund the fees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Melody21: 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
Okay thank you..

adegoks1234:
Actually, for all cases of visa refusal, the plab 2 fee will be refunded. It takes 10 working days for GMC to refund the fees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ofalu047(m): 3:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
Cutiestalex:

June 12.
It was crazy, But thank God.
I pray yours too will end in praise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mightyola: 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2018
Please what's the difference between the center in ikeja and VI?. apart from the charges VI collects.

Is there a difference in processing time?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nsiehi: 6:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
Melody21:
*Bank statement
*Hotel reservation
*Cover letter
*tenancy agreement
400k for it.

Sorry for the refusal. I really think that your husband needs to cut down his expenses. Spending 600k on a 4-day trip is way too much, and with his monthly savings of 150k, the Eco may find it hard to grant him visa. I made a similar mistake in my first denial, but I was granted visa in my subsequent application after I amended my expenses.
Let me give you a little expenses format, This could actually become his real expenses.

Flight (economy return, if he books early) N230K
Accommodation (hostel at £15 per night x 4 days) N30k
feeding N15k
transportation N15k
miscellaneous N10k
total N300k/640GBP

To look at this in GBP

Flight £490
Accommodation £64
feeding £32
transportation £32
miscellaneous £22
Total £640

With the above he wouldn't be spending more than 2 times his monthly savings.
Please he should not ignore the hostel accommodation, he may meet a good number of plab candidates there. Secondly, a good number of the hostels are very neat and have study/library and conference rooms where you study free of charge. Book your hostel accommodation at www.booking.com

My 2 cent.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Agbo2014: 8:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
Hi my good people, I need ur advice on this matter. My brother In-law is a UK citizen and he wants to invite my family for vacation. My wife had visited her brother twice before we married and she went to USA twice to give birth.we have 4 years and 1years boys but we intend to leave the 4 years child with the grandma in our UK application to reduce the trip expenses. I want to know if it would has negative effects on the application. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Melody21: 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2018
Sorry for the refusal. I really think that your husband needs to cut down his expenses. Spending 600k on a 4-day trip is way too much, and with his monthly savings of 150k, the Eco may find it hard to grant him visa. I made a similar mistake in my first denial, but I was granted visa in my subsequent application after I amended my expenses.
Let me give you a little expenses format, This could actually become his real expenses.

Flight (economy return, if he books early) N230K
Accommodation (hostel at £15 per night x 4 days) N30k
feeding N15k
transportation N15k
miscellaneous N10k
total N300k/640GBP

To look at this in GBP

Flight £490
Accommodation £64
feeding £32
transportation £32
miscellaneous £22
Total £640

With the above he wouldn't be spending more than 2 times his monthly savings.
Please he should not ignore the hostel accommodation, he may meet a good number of plab candidates there. Secondly, a good number of the hostels are very neat and have study/library and conference rooms where you study free of charge. Book your hostel accommodation at www.booking.com

My 2 cent.
Oh this sounds really good. Please how soon did you apply after your refusal...Thanks for ur previous reply. And how did you book ur flight, do u think its safe to book a flight before applying for a visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daniel2090: 5:11am On Sep 15, 2018
Jarus:

I got a priority within 9 working days.

I'm not sure about 5 days.

But there is a super priority that is said to be 24 or 48 hours (very expensive), I think that one should be able to come out within 5 days in worst case.
Yes boss
I think priority is still possible at the alotted response time.the July/august rush is down
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by K4daniel: 8:24am On Sep 15, 2018
daniel2090:

Yes boss
I think priority is still possible at the alotted response time.the July/august rush is down

I am still surprise of how they did my application before 14days instead of 15days standard time, because I did biometric on 28th of August and yesterday 14th I was sent an email to come pick up it up.Although I filed the time of travelling for 14th Sept. Could that be the reason for rushing my application or they just rush it and assumed I didn't get it.I am really worried because I tried my best this time to give d best doc and promotion at work with good salary and travelling experience,answered all reason I was rejected.Plus the fact that my brother in UK was not contacted before.I just wish it ends in praise when I pick up.. or else I go vex..lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OgeChukwuO: 8:38am On Sep 15, 2018
Hi good morning all,

I am married with a kid. My husband did his masters in Uk and also got his post study visa afterwards. I joined him at one time and we returned to Nigeria before it expired.
4 years later we want to visit the Uk. He has a cousin married with 5 kids leaving there and my kid and I will like to spend the Christmas with them.
I run my own firm for 2 years now and sincerely haven’t started working on my tax certificate. I have savings of about 2m. I run a company account but my personal current account were sometimes used for operations especially if it’s same bank.
My husband runs a contract agreement with a firm so he isn’t paid monthly but based on clientele and at the end of financial year, a certain amount is paid.
I am sponsoring the trip.

I haven’t been consistent in paying myself monthly.

My questions are
Should I fill not applicable in where they asked for monthly salary as I haven’t been sending a regular amount to myself.

Since my husband has history in the uk should he apply with us. Even though he is not going with us. Also won’t this make our budget higher

Our accommodation and feeding is sorted so what will my budget look like.

What documents can I present from his cousin
What documents can I present.

What’s the success rate if I apply for just myself and kid rather than he applies for 3 of us. His account statement may not cover us but he is also a director in my business I run.

Lastly i do not have my tax clearance. How does this affect.

Pls pardon the long write up.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ebonmic: 8:48am On Sep 15, 2018
Plz house, how much is visa fees now in Naira, and is conference fees different? Plz, urgent reply. You

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.