Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (565) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532626 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:19am On Dec 09, 2018
bayolino:

Am not a nairalander person...if you have submitted 6 month bank statement for an application for instance with a balance of 1.5m ...and same day u withdrew 700k twice leaving your balance to be 100k ...that doesn't geopardise your application for being approved.. embassy will only sent your statement in PDF or fax asking d bank to verify d geninunes of the statement and d balance, sometimes reference a particular transactions ..once bank can verify d statement and all the transactions in d pages jives ( inflows and outflows) with what is in the bank data base ...there response will be positive and that the statement was emanated from the bank ....they will not start responding that d balance has depleted by 1.4m....as long as same day balance still maintain same 1.5m before withdraw.
To me this is not term as fradulent ...or misrepresentation so if you withdraw money after your Visa is issued what will you term this ?..as long as ur documents is verifiable..the onus is on you not to over stay your Visa bcoz this is damaging our reputation as country and it has adverse effect on other geniue visa application.. just my take!

I'm a nairaland person.

So based on your own analysis taking away 1.4m out of 1.5 leaving you with 100k is not a crime even when you have told the ECO that you budgeted 1.5m for the trip? So 100k is enough to travel to the UK?

Obviously you don't know what fraudulent or misrepresentation means going by your post.

If you lied to somebody or committed crime and was not caught at that time that does not mean that what you did is right.

The only reason you withdraw the money after submitting the application is because if you do that before submitting then chances are that you will be refused for not meeting the financial requirement.

I really wonder why this is difficult for some of you here to understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by samdes02(m): 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2018
Hi guys I'm really disturbed
Had my biometrics for tier2 18months work visa on Nov 12 2018. Its been 20 working days yet no decision made. Was called by home office but line got cut twice from their end. Called UKVI and they said its still in process. Just confusef
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by miqos02(m): 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2018
is this necessary for a sole proprietorship ? since its a one man business
shenanigans:

I think the difference between resolution and approval is one is mainly for office documentation while the other is for yours.
Here is a format that can be followed. Be open to edit it.

17th February , 2018
Attn: “ your name"

Dear Sir,
RE: BOARD APPROVAL
This is to inform you that at the meeting of board of directors held on 17th day February 2018 at “company address" . The board approved that the sum of “amount being transferred into your acc from businesss acc" to be given to you for vacation . This will cover all expenses during your trip. The above mentioned sum shall be transferred to your Guaranty Trust Bank Account number “your acc number" with account name “your name" …... . We wish you a safe trip.
Enjoy Your Trip.
Thank You.

Yours Faithfully

Company Secretary

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ojoaccess: 5:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
samdes02:
Hi guys I'm really disturbed
Had my biometrics for tier2 18months work visa on Nov 12 2018. Its been 20 working days yet no decision made. Was called by home office but line got cut twice from their end. Called UKVI and they said its still in process. Just confusef

Please what type of tier 2 did you applied for? Were you interviewed? Please how much is the tuberculosis test fee now? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by samdes02(m): 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
Ojoaccess:

Please what type of tier 2 did you applied for? Were you interviewed? Please how much is the tuberculosis test fee now? Thanks
. Tier 2 general TB test was 54k. Called for an interview but call got cut 1 minute into our conversation, it was a private number
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeniyy01: 6:03pm On Dec 09, 2018
Haa. It was the woman (VINDAN CONSULTS )that collected my money oo. She told me she has done plenty appeal nd they always grant her appeal , she said 10 working days my visa will be out nd she guaranteed me 90%. I went there on Friday 06/12/18. She said she's still expecting feedback. She said i collect nd i collected it with refusal letter nd copy of what she claimed she sent
. Pls tell how to get my money back.. am working on my acct against February to reapply. Thanks baba

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
Agbaletu:
\
I have to agree with you. My friend once applied for UK visa, but an urgent issue came up a week after submitting his application, he just withdrew almost half of the money and he still got the visa. He was just spending as usual. He has good inflow and outflow even before he applied for the visa. I think if one has more than enough for the trip, there is nothing wrong in touching the money in the account.
The only things banks do for the embassies is to confirm or refute that the statement presented by an applicant is true and real as at print date.

So long as you've got your statement and submitted at the embassy, withdrawing all or part of the money have no effect on your application.

Is it right to empty the account after submitting? Big Question!

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ojoaccess: 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2018
samdes02:
. Tier 2 general TB test was 54k. Called for an interview but call got cut 1 minute into our conversation, it was a private number

Ok. God will grant it for you. What date were you called for interview and what question did they ask within that 1 minute?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2018
No sir a sole proprietorship is quite different from a company. A company is different from its owners and directors but a sole proprietorship cannot be distinguished from its owner.
miqos02:
is this necessary for a sole proprietorship ? since its a one man business
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menab: 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
hello nairalanders. please kindly help me attend to this urgently because my appointment is 9am tomorrow. I applied online about 10 days ago and schedule my appointment for tomorrow 9am. I am going to conference in the UK on 16th on January and will return on 20th. I am married and have a son of 5 years old but traveling alone. I am self employed and formally registered my business and TIN last month because without it, I can't attend the conference. I got married legally last year though I have been with the father of my child for six years+ now the issue is, my son's birth certificate got lost along side other documents sometime ago and just collected another about three months ago. if I submit that birth certificate won't there be a problem? or do I submit a cover letter to explain that. also my passport covers my surname because I had it before I married legally. will that also be a problem. do I also submit hubby's Data page and that of my son eventhough I am not traveling with them. my account closing balance is 1.3m. and I am spending 600k because other than the conference, I will shop for my son as indicated on the form. the 600 includes both flight, hotel and shopping. please help a sister and if need be, what other documents do I need? I haven't traveled before except to Ghana once last year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2018
Doesn't look good to me. First you recently registered your company and want to go for a conference under the same company.... Red flag!

Your bank account balance doesn't look buoyant enough. You can't spend half of your savings/business capital on a 4 days conference. Visa officer would be curious to know why you would want to do that.

Besides what bank statement are you presenting? Personal or business? You would need to show that you're not dipping into your business funds for conference travels. Do you pay yourself a salary? You need to show strongly that the funds are available to you for the travel without affecting your business.

Why not be patient and bud up your savings and business for the next one year before embarking on this trip? undecided

You need to submit your marriage certificate. Is your husband working and earning a good salary? Would have been a good idea if he sponsors your trip assuming he's got a good bank statement. You don't need to send his and your son's data page.

Your chances getting the visa is very low but let hope not die. All the best.

Menab:
hello nairalanders. please kindly help me attend to this urgently because my appointment is 9am tomorrow. I applied online about 10 days ago and schedule my appointment for tomorrow 9am. I am going to conference in the UK on 16th on January and will return on 20th. I am married and have a son of 5 years old but traveling alone. I am self employed and formally registered my business and TIN last month because without it, I can't attend the conference. I got married legally last year though I have been with the father of my child for six years+ now the issue is, my son's birth certificate got lost along side other documents sometime ago and just collected another about three months ago. if I submit that birth certificate won't there be a problem? or do I submit a cover letter to explain that. also my passport covers my surname because I had it before I married legally. will that also be a problem. do I also submit hubby's Data page and that of my son eventhough I am not traveling with them. my account closing balance is 1.3m. and I am spending 600k because other than the conference, I will shop for my son as indicated on the form. the 600 includes both flight, hotel and shopping. please help a sister and if need be, what other documents do I need? I haven't traveled before except to Ghana once last year.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menab: 10:41pm On Dec 09, 2018
thanks bitty for the reply. I have been running the business for long without registering it and to be eligible to attend the conference the business must be registered so I registered it to meet the requirements for attending the conference. anyways thanks for the prompt reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menab: 10:44pm On Dec 09, 2018
Mean:
thanks bigtt for the reply. I have been running the business for long without registering it and to be eligible to attend the conference the business must be registered so I registered it to meet the requirements for attending the conference. anyways thanks for the prompt reply
. The statement is personal account and not a business account. can I write a cover letter and explain all of this or its of no use?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 09, 2018
Did you Submit your TCC?
shenanigans:
Hello team.

I am not very good at writing/commenting but just thought i should share something that may be useful to visa applicants. Especially self employed entrepreneurs and business owners.

Recently applied for a 2 years UK visa and it was approved. This is my 2nd visa. 1st was 2 years ago, applied for a 6 months visa and was approved as well. Used the exact same format i used for the first one.

Documents submitted;
CAC registeration documents with FIRS TIN number letter attached.
6 months bank statement with N1,300,000 balance (N1,000,000 out of that was transferred into my personal acc from my business account right before the application)
6 months pay slip (i pay myself N250,000 every month, even though it was not up to some months but that didn't matter)
A board resolution with all directors signature explaining why the amount was approved for your trip and approving the money for the trip to be sent to your account.
Board approval letter
Leave letter
Letter of Introduction.
Hotel reservation
Family pictures ( if you're not married, attach picture with your siblings or parents)

Be sure to explain every large sum that comes into your account and provide evidence either using a contract, letter, personal receipt etc

A budget of not more than N600,000 for your trip.
Be precise when answering the question of what you would be doing in the UK. Do a research a d mention tourist attractions.

I hope this would be helpful to someone. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
Madam do you have a sworn affidavit of loss for your son’s lost birth certificate if not please explain everything in details in a cover letter.
I will advice you state expressly why the registration of your company is coming up a month before your application, explain the birth certificate ish and include lots of pictures of your husband, child and you. Also include your marriage certificate. You can also have a letter signed by your hubby stating he won’t travel along with you but will take good care of your child during your short visit and that he expects you back to resume your mummy duties. Finally please remove shopping from that your budget, make it as lean as possible
Menab:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2018
You're welcome.

What the visa officer wants to see is that you have a good business running and a strong ties to your home country. Yes you have a business and married but you've not shown that you would leave the UK after the conference.

That 600k you budgeted is like 1500 pounds or less. Flight ticket is bound to consume more than half of that. Don't k ow the cost of your hotel though, feeding and transportation, what would be left may not be enough to go shopping bearing in mind summer sales are over... Christmas sales around the corner though.

Next time, make sure you pay yourself a salary from your business (separate business and personal bank account). Ensure you got stead inflows into the business account and outflows for business related expenses and of course your salary, present both statement showing a good business account balance and a good personal bank account balance.

Menab:
thanks bitty for the reply. I have been running the business for long without registering it and to be eligible to attend the conference the business must be registered so I registered it to meet the requirements for attending the conference. anyways thanks for the prompt reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 10:57pm On Dec 09, 2018
Even worse because your personal bank statement would show all business related inflows and outflows which would in turn convince the visa officer that the balance you presented may not be available for your use to travel. Your business bank statement wouldn't suffice now because you just registered it.

Menab:
. The statement is personal account and not a business account. can I write a cover letter and explain all of this or its of no use?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 11:08pm On Dec 09, 2018
BTW how did your Canadian visa application go? Successful?

Menab:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluayebenz: 11:56pm On Dec 09, 2018
But why people keep advising a sole proprietorship to pay himself/herself salary for visa application?

Is that right?

One man business doesn't need to pay himself anything or WTF.

You can transfer any amount you pleases into your savings account .

As a one man business paying yourself salary has nothing to do on ones application

That's just d fact
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 5:41am On Dec 10, 2018
I agree with you and while it may sound dumb, it goes on to show you (sole proprietor) is accountably responsible. Many sole proprietorship businesses have gone down because the owner 'cbopped' the business capital + profit.

Pahingg yourself a salary ensures you're prudent and helps separate business operation funds from personal funds. It comes in handy when applying for visa as it leaves a stead trail of inflows which is a good proof of the applicant having a steady job and income to return back to.

Transferring money from your business account to personal account in varying amounts does not prove that you have a stead flow of income or you have a business to return to.

As an employee it's always advisable you 'pay yourself' first before spending your salary to help you save a substantial part of it monthly.

oluayebenz:
But why people keep advising a sole proprietorship to pay himself/herself salary for visa application?

Is that right?

One man business doesn't need to pay himself anything or WTF.

You can transfer any amount you pleases into your savings account .

As a one man business paying yourself salary has nothing to do on ones application

That's just d fact
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:58am On Dec 10, 2018
justwise:

I'm a nairaland person.

So based on your own analysis taking away 1.4m out of 1.5 leaving you with 100k is not a crime even when you have told the ECO that you budgeted 1.5m for the trip? So 100k is enough to travel to the UK?

Obviously you don't know what fraudulent or misrepresentation means going by your post.

If you lied to somebody or committed crime and was not caught at that time that does not mean that what you did is right.

The only reason you withdraw the money after submitting the application is because if you do that before submitting then chances are that you will be refused for not meeting the financial requirement.

I really wonder why this is difficult for some of you here to understand.

Oga, wait first. Much as I don’t like doing a back and forth with you, I ask again, of what use is the 6 months bank statement we submit alongside our application? Financial health assessment mostly methinks.... Why also do we advise ourselves and others to take out time to run and organise our accounts before applying, some do for as much as the whole 6 months, and that isn’t bad, abi? SMH

My account, my wife's account are always mostly healthy almost all of the time whether to be used for embassy purposes or not. If not exactly satisfied with its health at the time I/we have an application to submit, a two-week tops running/organisation of the account is all I need, maybe less than a week running sef.

I will give you a scenario, I have strong work-related reason to be in the UK at a time, my wife too needs to be in Canada for birthing purposes, we have more than enough money to foot the birthing bill as seen already by the Canadian embassy before approving visa. She travels to Canada and is found financially solvent for her birthing plan at the POE and gets permission to enter, but I need to liquidate the fixed deposit investment and deplete from our savings accounts to make more funds available to her and do some very urgent work on our property that is being trespassed on too.

I however have to submit my very very important and pressing UK visa application at the moment with the resources available in our accounts and the FD as proof of financial solvency for common visit visa (this requires way lesser proof of financial standing than the one specifically for birthing purposes we got already oh, you sure know and understand this sir) before I touch monies in these accounts, and I know that whether I spend this money now or not, money to make the trip is never a problem for me (maybe because I'm expecting bonuses, salary and upfront payments from the office soonest, or and rents from my properties, or and dividends from investments, or payments for debt owed me by a trusted colleague, or just any other sure source).

In this above situation, I should not submit my very important and urgent UK visa application knowing there's no way I will be leaving these monies where they are till application is processed, abi? Or I should go ahead and submit and not free up money for our property protection and to help ease our already kickstarted birthing plan, abi? Or worse still I should explain all these situation to the ECO and risk my application's success for no good reason, for something wisdom can easily guide me, abi?

And you now tag anything outside this as "fraudulent" and "misrepresentation"? Okay sir, I hear you.

Hopefully you are not already silently having issues with me on other grounds sha, hopefully....

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluayebenz: 9:19am On Dec 10, 2018
bigtt76:
I agree with you and while it may sound dumb, it goes on to show you (sole proprietor) is accountably responsible. Many sole proprietorship businesses have gone down because the owner 'cbopped' the business capital + profit.

Pahingg yourself a salary ensures you're prudent and helps separate business operation funds from personal funds. It comes in handy when applying for visa as it leaves a stead trail of inflows which is a good proof of the applicant having a steady job and income to return back to.

Transferring money from your business account to personal account in varying amounts does not prove that you have a stead flow of income or you have a business to return to.

As an employee it's always advisable you 'pay yourself' first before spending your salary to help you save a substantial part of it monthly.

So a one man business needs to pay himself salary not to chopped off capital plus profit? And the salary his paying himself is untouchable. Ok

Are u a sole proprietorship?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 10, 2018
After the board letter , did you include the company’s statement of account or just your personal account
shenanigans:

I think the difference between resolution and approval is one is mainly for office documentation while the other is for yours.

17th February , 2018

Dear Sir,
This is to inform you that at the meeting of board of directors held on 17th day February 2018 at “company address" . The board approved that the sum of “amount being transferred into your acc from businesss acc" to be given to you for vacation . This will cover all expenses during your trip. The above mentioned sum shall be transferred to your Guaranty Trust Bank Account number “your acc number" with account name “your name" …... . We wish you a safe trip.
Enjoy Your Trip.
Thank You.

Yours Faithfully

Company Secretary

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 9:52am On Dec 10, 2018
Whatever you deem fit to pay your self out of your profit is fine and can be used for your upkeep, but don't touch what you've retained for the running of your business. Its not cast in stone though ....you own your business if you like dip hands into your business capital, that's your business cheesy

oluayebenz:

So a one man business needs to pay himself salary not to chopped off capital plus profit? And the salary his paying himself is untouchable. Ok

Are u a sole proprietorship?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shenanigans: 9:54am On Dec 10, 2018
Tintas:
After the board letter , did you include the company’s statement of account or just your personal account

Just Personal account statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shenanigans: 9:57am On Dec 10, 2018
No i did not. But if you have it, you probably should.

Tintas:
Did you Submit your TCC?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FromSopot: 10:38am On Dec 10, 2018
Good morning all, I've had 6 months used twice, 2 years used twice also, I'm about to renew, but I noticed the difference in visa fees between 5years and 10years is just about 80k, can I skip 5years and apply for 10years?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mex551(m): 1:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
shenanigans:

17th February , 2018

Dear Sir,
Enjoy Your Trip.
Thank You.

Yours Faithfully

Company Secretary

many thanks Bro

One more question.
What should I fill here? IS SOMEONE OTHER THANYOU PAYING FOR OR PART OF YOUR TRIP? should I include the coy or just say no
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
Thanks for your help.
shenanigans:
No i did not. But if you have it, you probably should.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by everyevery: 5:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
Please someone help me about this prime time appointment visa thing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shenanigans: 9:47pm On Dec 10, 2018
Include the company

mex551:
many thanks Bro

One more question.
What should I fill here? IS SOMEONE OTHER THANYOU PAYING FOR OR PART OF YOUR TRIP? should I include the coy or just say no
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 4:19am On Dec 11, 2018
FromSopot:
Good morning all, I've had 6 months used twice, 2 years used twice also, I'm about to renew, but I noticed the difference in visa fees between 5years and 10years is just about 80k, can I skip 5years and apply for 10years?

If you are able to prove why the visa will be needed, why not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.