Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531809 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lovesavvi: 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2019
USguest:
Good to share this good news. I got my UK visa approved and delivered today by DHL.

Was rejected 2ce by US embassy in Jan and March 2018 respectively. I was also denied UK visa in Dec 2018.

But finally I was able to get my first time UK visa after reapplying almost again.

@Justwise, everyone here I am most grateful. Been a silent reader and follower but I learnt so much. I am also not going to abuse my visa!!!

This is a privilege and It I huge!!!

Glory be to God!!!
pls how long it take DHL to deliver ur package, I got a collection mail from tls since yesterday and I paid for DHL to deliver my package to ibadan . I did my biometrics at ikeja.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Feb 08, 2019
USguest:
Good to share this good news. I got my UK visa approved and delivered today by DHL.

Was rejected 2ce by US embassy in Jan and March 2018 respectively. I was also denied UK visa in Dec 2018.

But finally I was able to get my first time UK visa after reapplying almost again.

@Justwise, everyone here I am most grateful. Been a silent reader and follower but I learnt so much. I am also not going to abuse my visa!!!

This is a privilege and It I huge!!!

Glory be to God!!!

Congrat!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mosky47: 3:52pm On Feb 08, 2019
Congrats!!

USguest:

Glory be to God!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mosky47: 3:53pm On Feb 08, 2019
Hi everyone, after the online application, is the applicant able to schedule a date of choice within 15 days for biometrics?
Or does the embassy give you a date?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 08, 2019
Thank you @justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tblanre: 6:14pm On Feb 08, 2019
Tblanre:
Good Day!
Pls I'm reapplying after I got refused on monday but my payslip for January isn't ready. Though, my salary for January is reflected in my account. Will that be a problem?

Thanks

Someone pls answer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mamajaz(f): 6:42am On Feb 09, 2019
Well done here to justwise and a host of others. Unfortunately, I forgot to consult nairaland while making my tier 2 visa application last few days, now having trouble "why the delay"?
I was refused a visitor's visa to Oz last year on the ground that I had no travel history, my letter of introduction from employer was not addressed to the visa officer and that the said letter was not current as at then.
Now, while applying, I quoted the VO's stance on my visa refusal, then made a statement that I would bring in the introduction letter during appointment ( which I did). Also, I printed the denial history ( 7 pages) and submitted them during my appointment.

However, I've been waiting anxiously to see " decision made" since Wednesday that UKVI sent a mail that it had received my application. I'm so confused right now. Did I do anything wrong by putting the refusal documents ( 3 people told me not to include the papers)? Will it impact on my application outcome negatively? What else could I have done differently?
I've been thinking that I ought to have submitted a written and signed "personal statement".

A friend got her priority visa outcome on the second day of appointment, but mine is going to day 4 and this weekend is not helping matters either, status still at received by UKVI.

Please, I need reassurance or rebuke.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:12am On Feb 09, 2019
Tblanre:
Good Day!
Pls I'm reapplying after I got refused on monday but my payslip for January isn't ready. Though, my salary for January is reflected in my account. Will that be a problem?

Thanks

You can reapply without one.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:14am On Feb 09, 2019
mosky47:
Hi everyone, after the online application, is the applicant able to schedule a date of choice within 15 days for biometrics?
Or does the embassy give you a date?

You will be able to select appointment date during the application process because it's done stage by stage

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:18am On Feb 09, 2019
mamajaz:
Well done here to justwise and a host of others. Unfortunately, I forgot to consult nairaland while making my tier 2 visa application last few days, now having trouble "why the delay"?
I was refused a visitor's visa to Oz last year on the ground that I had no travel history, my letter of introduction from employer was not addressed to the visa officer and that the said letter was not current as at then.
Now, while applying, I quoted the VO's stance on my visa refusal, then made a statement that I would bring in the introduction letter during appointment ( which I did). Also, I printed the denial history ( 7 pages) and submitted them during my appointment.

However, I've been waiting anxiously to see " decision made" since Wednesday that UKVI sent a mail that it had received my application. I'm so confused right now. Did I do anything wrong by putting the refusal documents ( 3 people told me not to include the papers)? Will it impact on my application outcome negatively? What else could I have done differently?
I've been thinking that I ought to have submitted a written and signed "personal statement".

A friend got her priority visa outcome on the second day of appointment, but mine is going to day 4 and this weekend is not helping matters either, status still at received by UKVI.

Please, I need reassurance or rebuke.

Was this super priority application?

Bytheway submitting the refusal letter was absolutely the right thing to do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Success2011: 8:29am On Feb 09, 2019
Please, someone should kindly respond.

Success2011:
Good morning house. I did my biometrics at the TLS office at Ikeja on the 17th of January, 2019. Today makes it 22 calendar days and 16 working days and I'm yet to receive any mail.
As a silent follower of this thread, I've observed applicants been sent mail if the processing time exceeds the standard 15 working days for visit visas. What should I do if I don't get any feedback today? Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Killingmesoftly: 8:34am On Feb 09, 2019
Hi house, i am new to this forum. I kindly need your advice please. A friend of mine from Nigeria want to apply for visiting visa to the UK. He has chicken business he is doing and making lot of money from his supplies. The problem now is that he doesn't pay tax for his business and no personal tax. in Nigeria we hardly pay tax for people doing this kind of trade, one does it as self employed. My question now is will UK embassy refuse his visa for not paying tax in his country? What are the best requirements he can use to get his visa? Please those that are applying as self employed/ business what requirements did u use to convince the visa officer. Must he include tax. Why I am asking all these is that I saw a refusal letter that the visa officer mentioned tax clearance certificate. Please house I need your advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mamajaz(f): 8:38am On Feb 09, 2019
justwise:

Was this super priority application?
Nah: just priority ( 1-5 days).
Bytheway submitting the refusal letter was absolutely the right thing to do.
Awwwwww, thanks so much for this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tblanre: 8:43am On Feb 09, 2019
justwise:

You can reapply without one.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:31am On Feb 09, 2019
mamajaz:
Awwwwww, thanks so much for this.

Then realistically you should be hearing from them by Monday/Tuesday next week

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:35am On Feb 09, 2019
Success2011:
Good morning house. I did my biometrics at the TLS office at Ikeja on the 17th of January, 2019. Today makes it 22 calendar days and 16 working days and I'm yet to receive any mail.
As a silent follower of this thread, I've observed applicants been sent mail if the processing time exceeds the standard 15 working days for visit visas. What should I do if I don't get any feedback today? Thank you all.

Send them an email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:38am On Feb 09, 2019
Killingmesoftly:
Hi house, i am new to this forum. I kindly need your advice please. A friend of mine from Nigeria want to apply for visiting visa to the UK. He has chicken business he is doing and making lot of money from his supplies. The problem now is that he doesn't pay tax for his business and no personal tax. in Nigeria we hardly pay tax for people doing this kind of trade, one does it as self employed. My question now is will UK embassy refuse his visa for not paying tax in his country? What are the best requirements he can use to get his visa? Please those that are applying as self employed/ business what requirements did u use to convince the visa officer. Must he include tax. Why I am asking all these is that I saw a refusal letter that the visa officer mentioned tax clearance certificate. Please house I need your advice

Please advice your friend to research on the topic: applying for UK visiting visa as a business owner

That will give him an idea as to the sort of documents to submit but not having tax papers makes it a lot harder

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 9:44am On Feb 09, 2019
Are the army responsible for your visa or not? Please clarify more on the bolded part of your statement

Mario8732:
Hello family,
I am new here.i applied to join the british army and they have sent me an accessment letter to travel to the uk for my interview and accessment.from the start of the application the army made me aware they are responsible for my visa. So i have to apply for a visitors visa.
1.please i want to know the documents my sponsor in the uk should provide me to add to my application
2.i am working already so i want to know the document to add to support my application
3.i visited the uk in 2012 when i was in the university and in my final year i wanted to visit again but i was refuse.please will that affect my new application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Success2011: 10:36am On Feb 09, 2019
What is the email address I should send to? Thank you.
justwise:

Send them an email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:40am On Feb 09, 2019
Success2011:
What is the email address I should send to? Thank you.

Visit the embassy website for their email address

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Success2011: 10:51am On Feb 09, 2019
justwise:

Visit the embassy website for their email address
Thank you a lot. God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mosky47: 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2019
Okay. Thank you

justwise:

You will be able to select appointment date during the application process because it's done stage by stage
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Facelessgirl: 2:36pm On Feb 09, 2019
God bless everyone helping out here, I had to join nairaland after going through this post, @justwise please can i reach you personally either through an email or any more most convenient for you. Thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:56pm On Feb 09, 2019
Facelessgirl:
God bless everyone helping out here, I had to join nairaland after going through this post, @justwise please can i reach you personally either through an email or any more most convenient for you. Thank you very much

Its convenient for me openly here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Killingmesoftly: 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2019
justwise:

Please advice your friend to research on the topic: applying for UK visiting visa as a business owner

That will give him an idea as to the sort of documents to submit but not having tax papers makes it a lot harder

Thanks Justwise. I appreciate your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Seeyat: 4:58pm On Feb 09, 2019
Hello everyone, please i would like to know what to do. I receive money other than my salary in my account, from as low from 30k to 80k from property

Do i need to include some paper evidence or just an explanation would do when applying for a visa?

Somebody should please enlighten me on this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Desore: 10:20am On Feb 10, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thiagoteres(m): 11:04am On Feb 10, 2019
Desore:

@justwise please i need your view on this
"Total amount of money that you get in a year" is for your "other regular income " which should be 960k +50k. The savings should be what you have currently not what you expect to get.then get relevant documents eg bank statements, pay slips etc to back it up.
Let see what justwise has to say
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:18am On Feb 10, 2019
Desore:
Good Afternoon my people,

Please correct me if am wrong.

Under the income and savings session

I checked Investment - Since I am running Mutual Funds Investment
and Another income - I have established that i run some services as a part-time hobby where i get between 20k - 80k paid in cash or transfer to my account.

In the
Total amount of money that you get in a year session
i put 4,200,000 which is my annual salary excluding tax (3,120,000) plus my other income 960,000 ( 80,000 x 12 if all things been equal) and investment say i get 50k interest. Making a total of 4.1 Million.

While in the How much money do you have in savings (in GBP)? session
I put 4,914 GBP
I calculated my investments and my closing account balance then converted it to GBP
which is 100,000 plus 1,700,000 respectively equals 2,700,000 ( 5,769 GBP)

I HOPE THIS IS RIGHT, AND HOPE OTHERS WOULD HAVE MORE KNOWLEDGE ON HOW TO GO ABOUT THESE SESSIONS

Nothing wrong with your breakdown but do you have paper evidence to support all the source of your money?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Seeyat: 11:42am On Feb 10, 2019
Help Pls
Seeyat:
Hello everyone, please i would like to know what to do. I receive money other than my salary in my account, from as low from 30k to 80k from property

Do i need to include some paper evidence or just an explanation would do when applying for a visa?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:47am On Feb 10, 2019
Seeyat:

You need to do both
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Iboloh: 7:09pm On Feb 10, 2019
Good evening house. Thanks alot for your advice. I got my passport and saw that the transit visa had been approved.
please I want to know if my load will go straight to Antigua or if it will be in London while I'm on transit in London, because of moving it from one airport to another.
Thanks.
please I need answers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.