Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531508 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bbclue(f): 8:37pm On Mar 08, 2019
Fekeri:
I attached my personal account statement and explained everything in the cover letter. I’m convinced the ECO didn’t read the cover letter because I clearly spelt out how the deposits came in as salary and tallied with the company salary payment. And the other two smally refunds. I also referred to the previous denial in which my salary was judged excess. Anyways I need someone to give me idea because even the company up there are wondering of the refusal too

Please when did u apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by editorAA: 8:45pm On Mar 08, 2019
Please, from TLS contact, is this how exorbitant the price is or what?

I don't understand. Is it that after the $126 of visa fee for 6 month, one will have to pay another £90 again to TLS?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fekeri: 10:21pm On Mar 08, 2019
I applied 26th February. Priority.

Please when did u apply [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bbclue(f): 10:46pm On Mar 08, 2019
Fekeri:
I applied 26th February. Priority.

Please when did u apply

Ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 2:56am On Mar 09, 2019
I'm a bit confused myself. Are you self-employed? Meaning do you own the company or you have a side hustle?

Company is sponsoring you for the business meeting need to submit an operations account.... that is one from which they draw funds to foot monthly expenses (salaries, office maintenance etc) instead of one which handles funds used for business (customer payments for goods and services).

The company bank statement the ECO saw probably gave him or her a wrong impression that the funds paid into that account are meant for business strictly and not for sponsorship of trips etc hence why having an operations account is advisable.

I also advise that as a salary earner, avoid using your salary account for private business inflows you cannot adequately defend or explain convincingly.

In the sponsorship letter your company issued you, did they state the expected cost of the trip and or what would be covered?

In summary, the ECO wants to be sure that you are gainfully employed with a steady salary paid by your company monthly and also the company is capable of sponsoring you without dipping hands into their business funds.

Fekeri:
I attached my personal account statement and explained everything in the cover letter. I’m convinced the ECO didn’t read the cover letter because I clearly spelt out how the deposits came in as salary and tallied with the company salary payment. And the other two smally refunds. I also referred to the previous denial in which my salary was judged excess. Anyways I need someone to give me idea because even the company up there are wondering of the refusal too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fekeri: 5:39am On Mar 09, 2019
@ bigtt76:

Thank you for your contributions. I own the company and there is no side hustle. We have one account for business and as well operations.

I did not use my salary account for side business. The deposits into that account since 2017 till date were strictly salaries except 3 payments - school fees refund from post graduate school 165k, refund of 110k from 3D wall papers and approved travel allowance for 2018 and this were all clearly explained.

I own the company but business payments are dealings are handled separately from personal accounts and the in the sponsorship letter, the amount and purpose being for return ticket, accommodation, feeding and transportation was also stated and hence I added the business account statement.

I feel the ECO did not read the cover letter. I really do want to reapply to explain the last 3 deposits in the company account of 5th and 11th. Although I did not see that as lodgment because the transactions were genuine transactions and the last transaction was made 10days before I printed the statement. I want to reapply but want to be sure what went wrong or how to draw their attention to these explanations on the cover letter.

bigtt76:
I'm a bit confused myself. Are you self-employed? Meaning do you own the company or you have a side hustle?

Company is sponsoring you for the business meeting need to submit an operations account.... that is one from which they draw funds to foot monthly expenses (salaries, office maintenance etc) instead of one which handles funds used for business (customer payments for goods and services).

The company bank statement the ECO saw probably gave him or her a wrong impression that the funds paid into that account are meant for business strictly and not for sponsorship of trips etc hence why having an operations account is advisable.

I also advise that as a salary earner, avoid using your salary account for private business inflows you cannot adequately defend or explain convincingly.

In the sponsorship letter your company issued you, did they state the expected cost of the trip and or what would be covered?

In summary, the ECO wants to be sure that you are gainfully employed with a steady salary paid by your company monthly and also the company is capable of sponsoring you without dipping hands into their business funds.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 9:22am On Mar 09, 2019
Fekeri... best advice. Rewrite your cover letter and attach documents to show that you run a company. Make sure your cover letter explains it all.

I once applied and was rejected. I reapplied after one week when I got my passport back then I explained more better with supporting documents. I got my visa.

Mine was visiting tho. And yours is business. I have a job and side business too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gusfy823: 9:31am On Mar 09, 2019
T
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by GarciaEvans: 9:36am On Mar 09, 2019
justwise:

ECO did not believe your source of income because documents you submitted did not convince the ECO, how much is your salary and who owns the company?

Hello justwise
Am applying for tier 4 student visa returning back to the uk but I don’t remember my parents date of births I used in my previous tier 4 visa and I don’t have a copy of the form anymore..

Please is this a problem?
What shud I do??

If I can retrieve the old form, how do I go abt it

Hence, my parents are not my financial sponsor. I’m sponsored by the Fed.govt of Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bolamike: 10:25am On Mar 09, 2019
Hello, please how long does it take the UK embassy to process refunds?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Springvett: 12:42pm On Mar 09, 2019
Testing the waters
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Springvett: 12:44pm On Mar 09, 2019
Bolamike:
Hello, please how long does it take the UK embassy to process refunds?
Refund of Visa fees?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bolamike: 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2019
Springvett:

Refund of Visa fees?

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 1:27pm On Mar 09, 2019
Thanks for the clarifications. I really wish you would take time and set things right before reapplying. Get an operations bank account separate from your business account and run it smoothly for the next 6 months before reapplying.

The ECO thinks logically that most probably the funds in your business account were paid in by customers awaiting service delivery and if you use such funds for traveling and by chance the customer wants a refund, there would be no money to cover that (just an example) which is why the ECO stated that s/he does not think the funds in the business account would be available to you for your trip.

If you have the operations account and you push in funds monthly to settle salary, make purchases for office use and other sundry, the various activities therein would convince the ECO that funds in that account is unencumbered (free of potential debt or other financial liability) unlike using your business account. Its a general mistake many applicants make. Whatever fund account you are presenting in support of your visa application MUST be proven unencumbered.

Again, it depends on how you drafted the letter ....ECO don't have time reading through lengthy letters. Use either an excel spreadsheet to explain all the entries in your bank statement. Most banks allow you to export to Excel use this. I know someone here on this thread who had a template for this ....search through and you will see where she explained same

Fekeri:
@ bigtt76:

Thank you for your contributions. I own the company and there is no side hustle. We have one account for business and as well operations.

I did not use my salary account for side business. The deposits into that account since 2017 till date were strictly salaries except 3 payments - school fees refund from post graduate school 165k, refund of 110k from 3D wall papers and approved travel allowance for 2018 and this were all clearly explained.

I own the company but business payments are dealings are handled separately from personal accounts and the in the sponsorship letter, the amount and purpose being for return ticket, accommodation, feeding and transportation was also stated and hence I added the business account statement.

I feel the ECO did not read the cover letter. I really do want to reapply to explain the last 3 deposits in the company account of 5th and 11th. Although I did not see that as lodgment because the transactions were genuine transactions and the last transaction was made 10days before I printed the statement. I want to reapply but want to be sure what went wrong or how to draw their attention to these explanations on the cover letter.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thecassanova: 5:27pm On Mar 09, 2019
Bolamike:

Yes
No refunds, you’re on a longthing bro!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fekeri: 7:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
Thanks. I will just try again.

Fekeri... best advice. Rewrite your cover letter and attach documents to show that you run a company. Make sure your cover letter explains it all.

I once applied and was rejected. I reapplied after one week when I got my passport back then I explained more better with supporting documents. I got my visa.

Mine was visiting tho. And yours is business. I have a job and side business too. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bolamike: 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2019
Thecassanova:

No refunds, you’re on a longthing bro!

No refunds ke? I haven't attend the appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thecassanova: 9:52pm On Mar 09, 2019
Bolamike:

No refunds ke? I haven't attend the appointment
oh, sorry I thought visa was refused already.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2019
GarciaEvans:

Hello justwise
Am applying for tier 4 student visa returning back to the uk but I don’t remember my parents date of births I used in my previous tier 4 visa and I don’t have a copy of the form anymore..

Please is this a problem?
What shud I do??

If I can retrieve the old form, how do I go abt it

Hence, my parents are not my financial sponsor. I’m sponsored by the Fed.govt of Nigeria

Explain that in additional info section, its not a big deal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by GarciaEvans: 10:22pm On Mar 09, 2019
justwise:

Explain that in additional info section, its not a big deal

Thank you justwise

So I should tick I don’t know my parents details and move to the next page?
Then go to the additional info section and say “I don’t recall my parents date of births” or “I don’t remember my parents DOBs on my previous visa” ??

Please which one shud I put
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
GarciaEvans:

Thank you justwise

Then go to the additional info section and say “I don’t recall my parents date of births” or “I don’t remember my parents DOBs on my previous visa” ??

That one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by GarciaEvans: 11:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
justwise:

That one

I shud tick “I don’t know my parents details?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Swallow2k312355: 11:16pm On Mar 09, 2019
Sir I didn’t disappear lolz no database
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Swallow2k312355: 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2019
Yes and I just did that today and am now here having a nice time �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jephehe: 11:37pm On Mar 09, 2019
I wish to apply for uk visa I cant proceed on www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk on type of visa selection.

Can some help me on the right site if the above is not right.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next

editorAA:
Please, from TLS contact, is this how exorbitant the price is or what?

I don't understand. Is it that after the $126 of visa fee for 6 month, one will have to pay another £90 again to TLS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Killingmesoftly: 1:33am On Mar 10, 2019
Hello house. I need comments on these issues please. My sister in-law was assiting her younger brother to re-apply for UK visa and just yesterday a friend of my husband came to our house and from one talk to the other, we started talking of UK visa, so I mentioned about my sister in-law, how she was trying to reapply a visa for younger brother, the man started gisting me how he got his visa in 2012. He said that someone assisted him, he just went to Abuja with his documents and passport and was interviewed, in few weeks he got his passport with visa. I was very surprised, do tourist visa applicant go for interview ? He even said that most documents were fake but ended up getting it. He just said the man that helped him knows pple at the Embassy, I was so confused about his talk. Please are they some people that go through interview for tourist visa here in Nigeria? Is it in Nigeria that they put the visa sticker? He even gave me the connection of the guy for my sister in-law to use him, i called my sister in-law and linked her with the guy and he said he will assist but we are scared and beside I av not heard about Interview for tourist visa. So sorry for the long write up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mekaboy(m): 2:38am On Mar 10, 2019
Hello guys i plan to apply for UK visa by the end of this month but i am facing some challenges.

I own a business that i registered in 2017. The business is mainly imports and there are forex transfers between Nigeria and asia and other countries in the DOM account. Now i have a personal account, but most times i use both person and business account for business. sometimes i recieve payments of hundreds of thousands through my person account. Sometimes i also transfer funds from my business account to my personal account and transfer to people.

sometimes i go shopping and use my business account ATM to pay, likewise my personal account. Now this month, i transfered 1,000,000 from business account to personal account and spent 500,000 out of it. I want to fund the trip which i budget 600,000(6days) for from my personal account. If i transfer another 1,100,000 from business account to my personal account making it 1,600,000 before i apply, will it be suspicious? Even though i own both accounts and run them as both business and personal account.

I was in dubai in october last year, if i am applying for UK visa in march against june, will it be somehow?

Finally, i have not paid tax for the business since 2017 i registered it. Will it be suspicious if i go and pay tax now? Also, will be a problem applying with a business name that is a little above 1 year?

PLEASE ADVICE .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Godwin590: 7:18am On Mar 10, 2019
GarciaEvans:

Thank you justwise

Well I think you should just write;

“I ticked I don’t know my parents details because I dont recall their date of births I used on my previous visa as there was no formal registration system in Nigeria when they were born”

Justwise what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 8:14am On Mar 10, 2019
Killingmesoftly:
Hello house. I need comments on these issues please. My sister in-law was assiting her younger brother to re-apply for UK visa and just yesterday a friend of my husband came to our house and from one talk to the other, we started talking of UK visa, so I mentioned about my sister in-law, how she was trying to reapply a visa for younger brother, the man started gisting me how he got his visa in 2012. He said that someone assisted him, he just went to Abuja with his documents and passport and was interviewed, in few weeks he got his passport with visa. I was very surprised, do tourist visa applicant go for interview ? He even said that most documents were fake but ended up getting it. He just said the man that helped him knows pple at the Embassy, I was so confused about his talk. Please are they some people that go through interview for tourist visa here in Nigeria? Is it in Nigeria that they put the visa sticker? He even gave me the connection of the guy for my sister in-law to use him, i called my sister in-law and linked her with the guy and he said he will assist but we are scared and beside I av not heard about Interview for tourist visa. So sorry for the long write up.

Best advise... don't try that story he cooked up for you... you want to put your brother on a long 10years ban... Please don't come back and lament oh. Do it yourself. Read through this forum and you will learn it. You could also look for reputable travel companies but on here they would advice you to read through and do it yourself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:58am On Mar 10, 2019
Killingmesoftly:

You should know too well that this is wrong and will lead to 10yrs ban from the UK? All that man wanted is to make money out of your sister inlaw by introducing her to the agent and you have succeeded in doing that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:00am On Mar 10, 2019
GarciaEvans:

Then I shud tick “I don’t know my parents details” ?

And I’ll be just fine without any issue with the visa officers??

That was not what I said
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:02am On Mar 10, 2019
Jephehe:
I wish to apply for uk visa I cant proceed on www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk on type of visa selection.

Can some help me on the right site if the above is not right.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next

Why can't you proceed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.