Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535751 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kuchikau1: 11:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
worry359:

Some information.
The aim of the scheme is to assist students from developing Commonwealth countries who are of excellent academic calibre

The University of **** welcomes applications from students for this prestigious award. The award covers tuition fees, return airfares and living costs (£1,034 per month in 2015) for a one-year taught Masters programme

Eligibility Criteria

You are eligible to apply for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship award if:

you are a national of a Commonwealth developing country and not at present living or studying in a developed country,
you have been offered a place on one of the eligible degree programmes above,
you have a first degree at either first-class or upper second-class level or equivalent,
you have not undertaken studies lasting one year or more in a developed county,
you, or your family, are unable to pay to study in the United Kingdom,

Its confirmed. No visa fee charge. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Established: 11:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
justwise:

Please clarify that section in bold, do you mean your savings account in the UK?

Another problem will be your monthly salary, £175 is not a lot of money and your flight ticket a lone will take at least 3x of that.

If your family friend will be paying for everything including ticket then that might increase your chances but your salary acts as your tie to Nigeria.

@justwise

I meant from my personal savings here in Nigeria and not over there in UK.

About my monthly salary... Hmmm, I'm a civil servant . It is well

For my ticket, my uncle (guardian) here in Nigeria would cater for that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:47pm On Feb 28, 2016
kuchikau1:
How is application document verified at the embassy?

I got no idea,they have their way around it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
Established:

@justwise

I meant from my personal savings here in Nigeria and not over there in UK.

About my monthly salary... Hmmm, I'm a civil servant (protocol officer). It is well

For my ticket, my uncle (guardian) here in Nigeria would cater for that. He's a lecturer. He sponsored my previous trip to the UK in 2012.

Now that you work it's a different case entirely as you are expected to pick up the cost, you can still give it a try, nothing wrong with that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chimbago(f): 1:28am On Feb 29, 2016
Pls how good is arik air from naija to UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 7:09am On Feb 29, 2016
askari01:
My friend who wants to visit his mother in the UK is ready to apply for the Visa, here are the documents he is submitting with his application-

Invitation letter , Red passport biodata Page with other documents from mother

120K monthly salary with 620k balance
Employment letter
Salary review letter
Leave approval letter
Introduction letter
Self intro letter
Recommendation letter from work
I.d card
Payslips,
Flight reservation
Wedding certificate with pictures and family pics, childhood pics with late dad and mum
Father's death certificate

His mum gave him her passport biodata and utilty billz with an affidavit of change of name cos she remarried after my friends father passed away and the new hubby took her to London and she became a citizen.. Pls my ogas, kindly let me know if these docs are enough.

Am. Patiently waiting for your opinion... justwise, FP,Worry etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kuchikau1: 9:24am On Feb 29, 2016
justwise:

Ok, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kuchikau1: 9:24am On Feb 29, 2016
justwise:

Ok, did you confirm the health charge as well?
Same.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
askari01:
My friend who wants to visit his mother in the UK is ready to apply for the Visa, here are the documents he is submitting with his application-

Invitation letter , Red passport biodata Page with other documents from mother

120K monthly salary with 620k balance
Employment letter
Salary review letter
Leave approval letter
Introduction letter
Self intro letter
Recommendation letter from work
I.d card
Payslips,
Flight reservation
Wedding certificate with pictures and family pics, childhood pics with late dad and mum
Father's death certificate

His mum gave him her passport biodata and utilty billz with an affidavit of change of name cos she remarried after my friends father passed away and the new hubby took her to London and she became a citizen.. Pls my ogas, kindly let me know if these docs are enough.

How much will the trip cost him ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akeenade: 2:47pm On Feb 29, 2016
Please all the guru's in the house help me understand this mail. Has anyone received a similar response? @justwise

Your Visa Application: VAF ******

VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk

To ************@YAHOO.CO.UK Today at 1:06 PM
Dear FULL NAME,

Regarding Visa Application: GWF*********
For: FULL NAME

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

This is an automated message – please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

***********************************************************************************
Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
***********************************************************************************
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 2:54pm On Feb 29, 2016
akeenade:
Please all the guru's in the house help me understand this mail. Has anyone received a similar response? @justwise
Your Visa Application: VAF ******

Standard automatic reply
It says that they have received your papers
Nothing else!
Neither good or bad, just automatic.

You must wait for final result.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jethrolite(m): 2:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
justwise:

The ECO may not overlook the fact that you stayed 4months instead of 6weeks you indicated on your application form, so maybe they spot it you need to explain why you stayed that long.
Hello, I sent you a PM last week but have received no reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akeenade: 3:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
worry359:

Standard automatic reply
It says that they have received your papers
Nothing else!
Neither good or bad, just automatic.

You must wait for final result.

Thank you very much. Really appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 3:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
akeenade:

Thank you very much. Really appreciate.

It's not the standard email. From the content it can be deduced that there'll be a delay in processing which means it may take more than 15 working days to process
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
@akeenade

It's simply means " your application has not been straightforward and they will be unable to decide your application within their customer service targets."
The customer service target here refers to: "non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days".

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akeenade: 4:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
ok, So is there anyway to clarify whatever is making it not straightforward? I am going for a training sponsored by company and have provided all necessary documentation. What is confusing in the request?

abnot:

It's not the standard email. From the content it can be deduced that there'll be a delay in processing which means it may take more than 15 working days to process
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bertv66: 4:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

To my understanding, you proposed to spend £1,800 in the UK on holidays from a closing balance which was not stated. This makes no economic sense to the ECO especially at this critical time. Your stated budget was unrealistic and does not commensurate with your personal and financial circumstances in your home country which you failed to substantiate to the ECO.

It does not matter if your have a closing balance of £1M; if the ECO is not satisfied with the source of funds, I'm afraid the decision won't change even if you reapply.

If you must reapply, address the reasons stated for your previous refusal. It is either you work on a more realistic and prudent budget or be ready to defend the £1,800 you are spending in the UK for 13days.

But let me quickly tell you that securing a UK visa is no rocket science, but if there are discrepancies in your work documents, statement of account e.g unexplained deposit, I'm afraid you'll keep dashing your hard earned money to the UK Government.

Good luck.

thanks for the reply

the 1800gbp takes care of flight , hotel and pocket money

and its from a balance of 6899.67gbp

hope to read from you soon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Established: 5:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
Please I need help in calculating the total monthly income from savings and investments

Please what do they mean by total monthly income from other sources including friends and family?

Please how do I go about it. Biko
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 5:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
justwise:

How much will the trip cost him ?

His budget is 800 pounds,

450 for flight
250 for shopping
100 for miscellaneous
------i-i-i-
800 total.

Hi mum would take care of his wellbeing in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 5:34pm On Feb 29, 2016
bertv66:

thanks for the reply

the 1800gbp takes care of flight , hotel and pocket money

and its from a balance of 6899.67gbp

hope to read from you soon

Set the balance aside ... How much comes into your account monthly . This could be your mean monthly income for the past 6 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bertv66: 7:23pm On Feb 29, 2016
abnot:

Set the balance aside ... How much comes into your account monthly . This could be your mean monthly income for the past 6 months

he gets 583gbp as montly salary from employers

and makes addition 496 from his commercial vehicle ... and these are the only deposits that goes into his account

*he spends 200gbp on living expenses every month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 7:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
His/her income is more than good. If these payments have been consistent over the last six months then you can submit a £1500 budget for your trip .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
justwise:

As soon as the section in bold is done then you are free to apply for appropriate visa to join him

Thank u so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
Jethrolite:
Hello, I sent you a PM last week but have received no reply.

I replied you with this link https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9 because that will answer your questions or you post the question there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
askari01:

His budget is 800 pounds,

450 for flight
250 for shopping
100 for miscellaneous
------i-i-i-
800 total.

Hi mum would take care of his wellbeing in the UK.

He may have to reduce his shopping budget to £200 just to stay just within 2 months of his salary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
gentlii:

Thank u so much.

No worries
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kuchikau1: 9:06pm On Feb 29, 2016
justwise:

Tanks..... But In the CAS statement, is english language certificate a requirement for visa application?
What if your school waved it because you choose english as your first language and language of instruction?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bertv66: 9:54pm On Feb 29, 2016
abnot:
His/her income is more than good. If these payments have been consistent over the last six months then you can submit a £1500 budget for your trip .

alright boss thanks loads
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:46am On Mar 01, 2016
@bertv66

How long have you been working with your company? This is important because the ECO is not satisfied with your finances and how you were able to save £6,899 from your salary.

ECO focuses more on how you earn every penny in your account and not the huge closing balance.

Visa officers also understand that some applicants build statement of account for visa purposes, reason why you must show substantial evidence for every huge deposit you have in your account.

If you're not satisfied with the decision and very confident you're qualified for the visa, you can reapply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jethrolite(m): 9:07am On Mar 01, 2016
justwise:

I replied you with this link https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9 because that will answer your questions or you post the question there
Please when is the closing date for application into schools in Canada?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akeenade: 9:13am On Mar 01, 2016
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akeenade: 9:17am On Mar 01, 2016
Apparently it actually means no decision has been made yet. Also meaning @worry359 was somewhat correct.

Dear ******,

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status (GWF******** and date of birth
2*/0*/19**) and found it is yet to be assessed by an Entry Clearance
Officer (ECO). Your visa application centre or the entry clearance officer
(ECO) will contact you once a decision has been made or, if necessary,
during the consideration of your application.

abnot:

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.