Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535432 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by coretechng1(m): 4:49am On Mar 05, 2016
Anwonspee:
Thank you. I appreciate
Goto wakanow.com you will get whatever rates you want.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hello house. The refusal letter for my first visa app is attached. I was meant to write the said professional exam in UK in Jan, but was denied visa. I now want to apply for the July batch of the exam, but I want the whole house to advise me on how to go abt it. I intend to use the company I jointly own with a friend a my sponsor this time around because I don't have enough fund in my salary account because I am a salary earner and being owed arears of salary. I intend to apply in April. How shld I go abt it pls

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
Sorry but this will hurt.
You submitted a bank account with only £18 in it for travel and you are surprised to be rejected.
You own a company but have no money because that company has not paid you.
Then you want to use that account for travel.
First you can not use a company account for personal travel.
Second you have no funds and very poor ties to home.

Why are you wasting your meager funds on attempts to get a visa with so little chance of success.

Go away, get your life and finances in place then re-apply after 1 or 2 years.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 2:12pm On Mar 05, 2016
worry359:
You submitted a bank account with only £18 in it for travel and you are surprised to be rejected.

Why are you wasting your meager funds on attempts to get a visa with so little chance of success.

I appreciate your comment bro. I made the application ignorantly. Thinking that all I needed to show was an evidence of regular. Income. What I normally do is once my salary comes in I withdraw it and invest it in stock in the company. Anyway I appreciate your comment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 2:18pm On Mar 05, 2016
worry359:

I appreciate your comment bro. I made the application ignorantly. Thinking that all I needed to show was an evidence of regular. Income. What I normally do is once my salary comes in I withdraw it and invest it in stock in the company. As for ties I have enough but didn't show it. Anyway I appreciate your comment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
You stated that the cost of the trip is 1500 GBP, my guy, Abeg where the money wan come from? Let me assume that u had a fixed deposit investment that was supposed to mature before travel date.

You funny oh

youseuph:

I appreciate your comment bro. I made the application ignorantly. Thinking that all I needed to show was an evidence of regular. Income. What I normally do is once my salary comes in I withdraw it and invest it in stock in the company. As for ties I have enough but didn't show it. Anyway I appreciate your comment.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by novicee(m): 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
Guys I'm so honored that I meet this forum b4 I made my application. I want to specially thank those who took their time to assist. I got my spouse visa yesterday after I applied on the 02/12/2015 and was so happy so I said I was going to do this today while @ work. I have just 30 days to leave naija lol. I never knew I never had an option as at when I intend to leave for the UK.
I would like to say the wait wasn't easy at all, so please to those who want to apply and you've got that extra cash, please go for priority and also note that that still doesn't guaranty a positive decision buy helps the waiting process.
a close friend of mine was rejected last week on grounds that his wife didn't include her employment letter irrespective of the fact that she included all other documents. So please if you are applying don't forget the little things and do ask questions when in doubt no matter how silly you may sound, some1 here understands what you mean.
Thanks to @justwise, @oreskid, @portsmoth86, @newbie715, @kwekugh, @sagamite
I say to those who have also applied, God grant your wishes.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by spiceymma: 6:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
Congrats to you.
Please can you give a detailed breakdown of documents you submitted from your end. Thanks.

novicee:
Guys I'm so honored that I meet this forum b4 I made my application. I want to specially thank those who took their time to assist. I got my spouse visa yesterday after I applied on the 02/12/2015 and was so happy so I said I was going to do this today while @ work. I have just 30 days to leave naija lol. I never knew I never had an option as at when I intend to leave for the UK.
I would like to say the wait wasn't easy at all, so please to those who want to apply and you've got that extra cash, please go for priority and also note that that still doesn't guaranty a positive decision buy helps the waiting process.
a close friend of mine was rejected last week on grounds that his wife didn't include her employment letter irrespective of the fact that she included all other documents. So please if you are applying don't forget the little things and do ask questions when in doubt no matter how silly you may sound, some1 here understands what you mean.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:27pm On Mar 06, 2016
novicee:

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by drfdee: 12:00am On Mar 07, 2016
GOodevening evone,please mysef nd my hubby applied for uk visitin Visa(interview is dis week),our daughter is American passport and we want to travel wiv her.Please wat are d necessary tins we need to do as regards her documents?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fishnatty(m): 12:35am On Mar 07, 2016
Pls I seriously need your advice I applied for UK visa ending of last year to join my fiancee in Wigan for our wedding but my visa was refuse due to large amounts fund on my account during the statement of account print out.now me and my fiancee have agreed on getting married here in Nigeria and we planned to travel back to UK together pls what do I need to do after we have after we get married what visa type should I apply for? thanks sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:12am On Mar 07, 2016
easyxtan:
@justwise Please i need an urgent reply, I am making an online application for me and my child to visit the UK this Easter. How do i make the application? should i make a separate application for me and my child and pay the application fee separately? kindly let me know how do i link both of our application and summit it as one. thanks

All applicants must fill and submit their own individual form.

If your child is up to 5 years old, he/she must be present physically for biometric verification.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fishnatty(m): 10:32am On Mar 07, 2016
novicee:
did you get married to you fiancee before you got ur suppose visa cos am I the same situation pls I will like to personally from you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jangirova: 11:25am On Mar 07, 2016
Hello house, Pls I need some clarifications . Myself and my wife wants to travel to UK as tourists for 2wks.
On the application form under employment and income, I'm really confused about this question:" Do you have savings, properties or other income , for example from stocks shares ". Yes : No.
- Is this question asking specifically if I have ,as in money in my savings account only.
- Is it specifically asking whether I have properties? cos I have but no income from it
- I also have savings from a co-operative society aside money in my savings account where part of my savings go every month. Can this come in here? how ?

We also have quite some money in our joint account.Appropriating figures for both of us is somehow confusing cos you can't really say this is what belongs to either of us in the joint account. What's the best way out?
I know you are there always.Looking forward to ur responses.Thx.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 12:05pm On Mar 08, 2016
drfdee:
GOodevening evone,please mysef nd my hubby applied for uk visitin Visa(interview is dis week),our daughter is American passport and we want to travel wiv her.Please wat are d necessary tins we need to do as regards her documents?

Pls kindly answer this question cos i am in the same Dilemma
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
jangirova:
Hello house, Pls I need some clarifications . Myself and my wife wants to travel to UK as tourists for 2wks.
On the application form under employment and income, I'm really confused about this question:" Do you have savings, properties or other income , for example from stocks shares ". Yes : No.
- Is this question asking specifically if I have ,as in money in my savings account only.
- Is it specifically asking whether I have properties? cos I have but no income from it
- I also have savings from a co-operative society aside money in my savings account where part of my savings go every month. Can this come in here? how ?

We also have quite some money in our joint account.Appropriating figures for both of us is somehow confusing cos you can't really say this is what belongs to either of us in the joint account. What's the best way out?
I know you are there always.Looking forward to ur responses.Thx.
Do you have savings from properties or other income from shares = do you own a property, shares, bond, fixed deposit, bus on hire purchase etc or any other investment(with proves) on your name that brings you money each month or annum ? This does not include your salary or income from employment.

If you have shares/bonds/fixed deposit others that give you returns/income quarterly or annually, divide whatever it give you by 12 and quote the corresponding monthly income. If you have a landed property that is not bringing in income yet(bare land), don't include it but include that in the space for "Other things to consider" and explain that you are still developing the land and ofcourse you'd include the documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
She doesn't need a visa. Use the link to check yourself.
https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y
customised87:

Pls kindly answer this question cos i am in the same Dilemma

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 3:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
Can anyone tell me how to make payment for a visa application on the UK visa website given that I'm trying to apply for a visa whose fee exceeds the $300 limit for card payments in Nigeria? Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 7:30pm On Mar 08, 2016
Cyberknight:
Can anyone tell me how to make payment for a visa application on the UK visa website given that I'm trying to apply for a visa whose fee exceeds the $300 limit for card payments in Nigeria? Thank you.
Gtb and access bank cards can. You have $1000 each month and you can use it on one transaction.

However Access exchange rates are ridiculous!!! Gtb is much more reasonable although Stanbic is the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by SGCSolutions(f): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hello house,

Is it right to say that someone whose company wants to send to the UK to purchase some things should apply for business visa? And given she has been going to China in the past on behalf of the company and only personal item that she has needed from herself was the passport, the company have been providing every other documentation as they are the sponsor.

Is this the same for UK visa? As the company is the sponsor, does she need anything personal to be provided to the embassy? your help/input will be kindly appreciated. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jangirova: 10:38pm On Mar 08, 2016
@ifyalways Thanks for your detailed response. I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:07am On Mar 09, 2016
SGCSolutions:
Hello house,

Is it right to say that someone whose company wants to send to the UK to purchase some things should apply for business visa? And given she has been going to China in the past on behalf of the company and only personal item that she has needed from herself was the passport, the company have been providing every other documentation as they are the sponsor.

Is this the same for UK visa? As the company is the sponsor, does she need anything personal to be provided to the embassy? your help/input will be kindly appreciated. Thanks

If you're representing your company in the UK for purchase and negotiation, you should apply for a business visa; and to do that the following documents must be submitted.

From your company, Certificate of Incorporation, memorandum & article of association, company's tax clearance certificate, company's bank statement of account, invitation letter from the host company or supplier, proof of accommodation in the UK.

On your part, you will need your 6 months pay slip, 6 months bank statement, employment letter, introduction letter from company and other documents to proof your ties to Nigeria, this may be property documents, shares documents, inheritance, marriage certificate, children birth certificate etc.
The more reasons they see that you have, that must bring you back to Nigeria, the better your chances for a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 7:21am On Mar 09, 2016
ifyalways:
Gtb and access bank cards can. You have $1000 each month and you can use it on one transaction.

However Access exchange rates are ridiculous!!! Gtb is much more reasonable although Stanbic is the best.

Thank you, ma'am.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by respectallelder: 8:09am On Mar 09, 2016
Hello Everyone!!
i have been reading these posts on Visa for the past days,however i will really appreciate if i can get a response concerning my own issue.
I applied for the uk visa 2014 with a virgin passport and i was refused,i applied using my uncles company account who was my sponsor and the company bank statement and my pay slips from the company as i was working there at the time,without submitting my own bank statement.(i really wish i read all the posts here before applying).Since the refusal i have been to Dubai once and Accra about 4 times,i would like to apply again soon and ill be glad if i can get any guidance.Ive been working for a company for about 11 months,i was employed on a two year contract so i cannot leave (i don't know if this would serve as a tie ),i earn 500k a month and i get a leave allowance of about 250k,i currently have 1.7m in my account (some loans i gave from the same account of about 400k where recently paid also,this shows in my bank statement (same name money transferred to with "loan ref"and same name paid the money as loan given and i plan to explain it also ),i do not have kids, and i am single.I also have a friend in the Uk and i am wondering if it would help if i get an invitation letter from her,also do i book a hotel or no.What documents would you advise me to take and what additional info do i explain,i would just like an opinion or advise in general about how i proceed.Thanks in advance
My refusal letter in 2014 stated :
-You state you receive N105,000 a month from your employment with XYZ company and as evidence of this you have provided photocopies of payslips,pay slips are not reliable evidence as they are easily altered,you have also provided employment letters from xyz company however such letters can easily be obtained in Nigeria.I note that you have provided the bank statement for this company however your name does not feature on any of the transactions,you have also not provided your personal bank statement.Therefore there is no record of your pay from your employer being paid to your account.The documents you have provided me does not satisfy me that you are an employer of xyz company and are in the level of receipt of income stated on your application form.
-You have not provided evidence of your funds and in the absence i am not satisfied that you have strong financial circumstances in Nigeria
-I recognise your sponsor proposes to pay for your visit to the uk but in making my decision,i must take into account your own personal and financial circumstances in order to establish your ties to Nigeria and intentions in the Uk.Given the documents you have provided and the statement you have made,on the balance of probabilities,I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6 months and that you intend to leave the Uk at the end of the visit.
I have refused your application because i am nit satisfied that you have met all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the uk immigration rules.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by SGCSolutions(f): 8:58am On Mar 09, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

If you're representing your company in the UK for purchase and negotiation, you should apply for a business visa; and to do that the following documents must be submitted.

From your company, Certificate of Incorporation, memorandum & article of association, company's tax clearance certificate, company's bank statement of account, invitation letter from the host company or supplier, proof of accommodation in the UK.

On your part, you will need your 6 months pay slip, 6 months bank statement, employment letter, introduction letter from company and other documents to proof your ties to Nigeria, this may be property documents, shares documents, inheritance, marriage certificate, children birth certificate etc.
The more reasons they see that you have, that must bring you back to Nigeria, the better your chances for a visa.

There is NO host company or supplier, l am just going to purchase some items for use by the company, does this mean that the shops l intend to go to will have to invite me over?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 9:17am On Mar 09, 2016
SGCSolutions:

There is NO host company or supplier, l am just going to purchase some items for use by the company, does this mean that the shops l intend to go to will have to invite me over?

That simple statement will cause problems for you.
V.O. will want to know why you are buying from a shop, not wholesale.
Also why you can not buy the goods online without traveling.

This makes your case look very weak!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by SGCSolutions(f): 11:47am On Mar 09, 2016
worry359:

That simple statement will cause problems for you.
V.O. will want to know why you are buying from a shop, not wholesale.
Also why you can not buy the goods online without traveling.

This makes your case look very weak!

OK. I actually live in the UK and just making this enquiries on behalf of my friend. But there are people who come to the UK to just shop and l know a few who have been sent on holidays by their company or boss; some of them are for reward of their hardwork and some of them are as Oga's girlfriend. So do they have to have gone through providing all the information? l am just curious to know.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
SGCSolutions:

Get a company dealing with whatever u want to buy to send you an invitation letter, invoices and pro forma receipt.

You can't get business visa if you dont have a business associate or partner in UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
jangirova:
@ifyalways Thanks for your detailed response. I appreciate
Cyberknight:

Thank you, ma'am.
You are welcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 1:19pm On Mar 09, 2016
SGCSolutions:

OK. I actually live in the UK and just making this enquiries on behalf of my friend. But there are people who come to the UK to just shop and l know a few who have been sent on holidays by their company or boss; some of them are for reward of their hardwork and some of them are as Oga's girlfriend. So do they have to have gone through providing all the information? l am just curious to know.

The story changes!
Yes people come to the UK to do (personal) shopping and there problem with that. It is part of what tourists do.

You stated that you (or some other person) wanted a Business visa to buy supplies. That is completely different.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by SGCSolutions(f): 1:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
worry359:

The story changes!
Yes people come to the UK to do (personal) shopping and there problem with that. It is part of what tourists do.

You stated that you (or some other person) wanted a Business visa to buy supplies. That is completely different.

No, the story have not changed..

l am simply asking a question and trying to get clarification. I know of a family friend that was setting up a supermarket and decided to go to Dubai to purchase stuff and when he got there, he decided to purchase his fittings from Dubai too. There was no invitation letter from this supplier nor any supplier from there as he was unsure of what stuff he as purchasing or their price as well, he was just conducting a feasibility research and then decided to carry on and purchase those items.

The question that l originally asked was 'am l right to say it is business visa to go for when a company wants a member of staff to travel to Uk to go purchase some items' Now l did not mention supplies nor did l say they wanted a business visa, l was asking to know which visa it is; given that even visiting visa and business visa and all that is classed as standard visiting visa. l was asked by her as l am a friend and also she feels l should know living in the UK, however l have a different kind of resident card which did not make me aware of certain processes involved in getting a visa.

l know when my mum came, l provided just certified copies of my residence and accomodation documents and my mum provided her financial stuff and she my mum used her company's account information and a letter from the bank stating that she has the account and sole signatory to it. So, l just wanted to know if it is best to say go for a friends/family/tourist visiting visa and then purchase what you want to purchase or go for a business visa but then point her towards the requirements.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.