Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,721 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (630) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1536141 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Enick: 7:45am On Apr 10, 2019
@Justwise and others,

Please, I need your candid advice on this issue. I applied for the UK visa 5months ago and I was denied on the account that the does not believe that genuinely have the financial to find the trip and the source cash of my fix deposit is in doubt.

Note that my total official earnings are #130,000k while I had others source of income which amounts to #100,000 monthly.

I recently discussed with my friend in the UK and she was furious that I didn't communicate with her before applying. She wants me to reapply again and she promised to sponsor, as well as provide all the necessary documents which include the photocopies of her UK passport, bank statements, and others.

What are your advice? Is it the right time to reapply or I should hold for much longer. Note that my financial situation has been changed since the first application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by strongman360: 8:46am On Apr 10, 2019
Good day @justwise and other gurus in the house
I have a friend in Cyprus who just got married to a UK citizen. they are both living in Cyprus together right now. we talked on a daily basis. I aspire to go join him in Cyprus or Uk by next year. please what can we do to get a visa for me easily. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:50am On Apr 10, 2019
strongman360:
Good day @justwise and other gurus in the house
I have a friend in Cyprus who just got married to a UK citizen. they are both living in Cyprus together right now. we talked on a daily basis. I aspire to go join him in Cyprus or Uk by next year. please what can we do to get a visa for me easily. thanks

I'm not sure about Cyrus but how do you want to join him in the UK? As a student or what?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:51am On Apr 10, 2019
Enick:
@Justwise and others,

Please, I need your candid advice on this issue. I applied for the UK visa 5months ago and I was denied on the account that the does not believe that genuinely have the financial to find the trip and the source cash of my fix deposit is in doubt.

Note that my total official earnings are #130,000k while I had others source of income which amounts to #100,000 monthly.

I recently discussed with my friend in the UK and she was furious that I didn't communicate with her before applying. She wants me to reapply again and she promised to sponsor, as well as provide all the necessary documents which include the photocopies of her UK passport, bank statements, and others.

What are your advice? Is it the right time to reapply or I should hold for much longer. Note that my financial situation has been changed since the first application.

What has changed since your last refusal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by strongman360: 8:55am On Apr 10, 2019
justwise:

I'm not sure about Cyrus but how do you want to join him in the UK? As a student or what?
not as a student. I want you to give me any other possible way that can be very easy for me to get a visa through the wife either by her parents or any other means outside studies
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:01am On Apr 10, 2019
Imustreturn:
My sister's 2 years visa is expired, and want to apply for 5 years now. It's the husband that do apply before. But she's divorced now and want to apply alone. The bank statement used before is the man's own. But she has a business running.

My question is how do we go about the application now? What documents are needed and how much should be in her bank account. Since it's business, is tax receipt included? Please kindly help

Answer to this question is everywhere in this thread. Many have listed documents submitted for their visa applications so please go through this thread as you will find answers to all your questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:05am On Apr 10, 2019
strongman360:

not as a student. I want you to give me any other possible way that can be very easy for me to get a visa through the wife either by her parents or any other means outside studies

Honestly non that I know of specifically for the UK. The wife is not your relative, he is just a friend to you so it's almost impossible for any of them to take you along to the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mrjuice: 9:05am On Apr 10, 2019
Oga Justwise & other gurus, pls help a brother with the right information..

Let me just go straight to the point. I am aged 29 a serving corp member & will pass out by July, B.sc computer science(2.2), I want to migrate to England to improve in my field & better my future. I have discussed extensively with my step brother who has promised to help, he is a citizen(born & bred) , though the last time he came to Nigeria, I have not been given birth to, we talk on phone & WhatsApp & he is doing perfectly well, infact he is into ict & was so happy to know I studied computer science, he even encouraged me to learn c++.
He told me to find out about the requirements I need & get back to him, pls brethren & experienced gurus in the house, help a brother with the right information, I will surely testify...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by strongman360: 9:10am On Apr 10, 2019
Honestly non that I know of specifically for the UK. The wife is not your relative, he is just a friend to you so it's almost impossible for any of them to take you along to the UK.[/quote
please justwise I will like to talk to you on phone. please send me a phone number I can reach you on. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:25am On Apr 10, 2019
Mrjuice:
Oga Justwise & other gurus, pls help a brother with the right information..

Let me just go straight to the point. I am aged 29 a serving corp member & will pass out by July, B.sc computer science(2.2), I want to migrate to England to improve in my field & better my future. I have discussed extensively with my step brother who has promised to help, he is a citizen(born & bred) , though the last time he came to Nigeria, I have not been given birth to, we talk on phone & WhatsApp & he is doing perfectly well, infact he is into ict & was so happy to know I studied computer science, he even encouraged me to learn c++.
He told me to find out about the requirements I need & get back to him, pls brethren & experienced gurus in the house, help a brother with the right information, I will surely testify...
If he wants you to move to the UK the. Studies route is your best bet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:27am On Apr 10, 2019
strongman360:

Honestly non that I know of specifically for the UK. The wife is not your relative, he is just a friend to you so it's almost impossible for any of them to take you along to the UK.[/quote
please justwise I will like to talk to you on phone. please send me a phone number I can reach you on. thanks

Sorry bro but I don't do that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missava(f): 9:34am On Apr 10, 2019
tallestguy:
I got this message 3 days Your UK visa application has been despatched from the UK Visa Section.

If you are applying from Europe, North & West Africa and GCC countries:

- And you submitted your application at a visa application centre - You will receive an email shortly from TLS or VFS about collecting your decision. Please ensure you check your e-mail account and do not attend the VAC until you are advised to.

The Message Is More Than 48hrs now, and have not receive any message from TLS and I tracking online but the status have not change. Pls what could I do or how long it take for them to update.

Pls when did you do your biometrics? And which center? When this this email come?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mrjuice: 9:38am On Apr 10, 2019
justwise:
If he wants you to move to the UK the. Studies route is your best bet
Thanks justwise for d timely reply, pls pardon my curiosity...

By study route u mean Master? My 2.2 is below 3.0, what are my chances?
Pls can u elaborate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Enick: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2019
justwise:

Thanks for your reply.

My brother, the only thing that have changed is the sponsorship letter and promised to take care of my trip, nothing else.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Enick: 9:56am On Apr 10, 2019
Thanks for your reply.

My brother, the only thing that have changed is the sponsorship letter and promised to take care of my trip, nothing else.

justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beebunm1(f): 9:57am On Apr 10, 2019
Oga justwise and all the gurus in the house.

I'm a full time PHD student in Nigeria and we are not expected to work during the program, though am married with a kid and I live in an apartment given to me by my parents though the documents still bear their name.

I want to attend an academic conference in the UK for 5 days and my aunty agreed to sponsor me because my parent and myself don't have sufficient money in our bank account but I have landed properties in my name.

Do you think I will be given the visa and. What are the necessary document I can submit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashieduplus(m): 10:18am On Apr 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

My international passport will be expiring in October this year and I am due to apply for a UK tier 2 visa at the end of this month. This means that my passport would have less than six months validity by the time I apply. Am I likely to be refused a visa because of this.

I have already begun processing a new passport but there are no booklets for now. Please what would you advise?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:24am On Apr 10, 2019
Mrjuice:

Thanks justwise for d timely reply, pls pardon my curiosity...

By study route u mean Master? My 2.2 is below 3.0, what are my chances?

Pls can u elaborate

If he can afford to sponsor your education in the U.K then your next task is to start looking for school that will admit you with that result, it's possible but you have to start searching for one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:27am On Apr 10, 2019
Enick:

Thanks for your reply.

It's 50/50 situation, you have to address the issue led to your previous refusal first, any financial document you are submitting has to be supported by evidence of how you earned that money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:30am On Apr 10, 2019
beebunm1:
Oga justwise and all the gurus in the house.

I'm a full time PHD student in Nigeria and we are not expected to work during the program, though am married with a kid and I live in an apartment given to me by my parents though the documents still bear their name.

I want to attend an academic conference in the UK for 5 days and my aunty agreed to sponsor me because my parent and myself don't have sufficient money in our bank account but I have landed properties in my name.

Do you think I will be given the visa and. What are the necessary document I can submit?

1.Are you invited to attend the conference by the organisation in the U.K.?

2. Is the conference free to attend? I mean you don't have to register with money to attend
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:32am On Apr 10, 2019
ashieduplus:
Hi everyone,

My international passport will be expiring in October this year and I am due to apply for a UK tier 2 visa at the end of this month. This means that my passport would have less than six months validity by the time I apply. Am I likely to be refused a visa because of this.

I have already begun processing a new passport but there are no booklets for now. Please what would you advise?

You don't need a new passport, your current one will do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tallestguy: 10:41am On Apr 10, 2019
I did it on 26 last month and I got email from UK hub on Monday morning.
missava:

Pls when did you do your biometrics? And which center? When this this email come?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giselle237: 10:42am On Apr 10, 2019
good
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beebunm1(f): 10:42am On Apr 10, 2019
justwise:

1.Are you invited to attend the conference by the organisation in the U.K.?

2. Is the conference free to attend? I mean you don't have to register with money to attend

Yes, I have an invitation letter and I have to register with money (75 dols) to attend the coonference
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missava(f): 10:46am On Apr 10, 2019
tallestguy:
I did it on 26 last month and I got email from UK hub on Monday morning.
Nice. I did on 26th too.
Ikeja.
No email from ukvi though.
Tracking shows that the application is at the Decision making centre.
Kindly update me if you have any progress. I will update you too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:01am On Apr 10, 2019
beebunm1:

Yes, I have an invitation letter and I have to register with money (75 dols) to attend the coonference

Ok as long as the conference is inline with your research areas then give it a try.

Submit the invitation letter from the conference, payment evidence, your PhD admission papers, your aunt bank statement and source of her income..e.g. Evidence of employment or business ownership and a letter from her stating why she wants to spend that money sponsoring you.

You also have to submit your marriage certificate and family pictures to show that you are indeed married with kids and it also serves as tie to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beebunm1(f): 11:04am On Apr 10, 2019
justwise:

Ok as long as the conference is inline with your research areas then give it a try.

Submit the invitation letter from the conference, payment evidence, your PhD admission papers, your aunt bank statement and source of her income..e.g. Evidence of employment or business ownership and a letter from her stating why she wants to spend that money sponsoring you.

You also have to submit your marriage certificate and family pictures to show that you are indeed married with kids and it also serves as tie to Nigeria.

Thank you so much boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tallestguy: 11:08am On Apr 10, 2019
Ok will.... Am also did it at ikeja and I track it from Monday since the message sent to me but have not change to application transfer to centre, I will update you if any progress..... I don't understand why take time. @justwise need your cosign.

missava:

Nice. I did on 26th too.
Ikeja.
No email from ukvi though.
Tracking shows that the application is at the Decision making centre.
Kindly update me if you have any progress. I will update you too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Enick: 11:28am On Apr 10, 2019
Thanks Justwise. I can't appreciate you enough for this guidance and selfless zero fees service to me. Thanks.

Attached is my refusal letter and the main notable reason is the fixed deposit investment from zenith bank. Although i have been receiving letters from the bank monthly on investment profit and increasing sum, I don't know how to explain the initial deposit of 5m,which grew to that amount, because my uncle sold our family property in a choice area and he transferred my own share to my account many years over and to avoid spending it unwisely, I kept it over the years in a fixed deposit.- which the UK acknowledged with the word "OVER YEAR YEARS"

How do I address that with evidence since it came from my brother's account? However, I have monthly statement of the account since day one and the statement was earlier added to my previous application. At the time of my previous application my regular bank statement was 1.6m. It is now 1.5m while the deposit has grown further to around 7.2m.

justwise:

It's 50/50 situation, you have to address the issue led to your previous refusal first, any financial document you are submitting has to be supported by evidence of how you earned that money.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashieduplus(m): 11:50am On Apr 10, 2019
justwise:

You don't need a new passport, your current one will do

I just sent an inquiry mail to the Home office and obtained a reply. I was told there is a "strong possibility" that my application would be rejected.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ebose09: 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2019
@justwise good day and God bless you for your tremendous efforts in responding to all queries.

Pls i will like your suggestions.
A friend of mine is been sent for a conference by his organisation, he is a top management staff so all expenses will be paid by the organisation,the organisation has processed his visa which is already out.

We are thinking for me to tagging along.he is willing to pay my flight ticket and since he has an arrangements for accommodation.

I work has an admin staff where i earn 200k but after all deductions my take home is 150k.i sells on various e-platforms as side hustle which brings in closes to 30k or more monthly which are mostly cash transactions and it doesn't reflect on my account.i hardly operated my account expect for my salary that drops every month.a typical market woman,sell my goods collect cash take the cash to restock my goods and offset my day to day needs.so i hard save or withdraw from my account i have a very significant amount in my account.No travel history expect for my personal 5days get away to Ghana last year,my get away this year was supposed to be the US for easter but was denied a b1/b2 us visa 2month ago reasons general blue paper (unsure ties back home) so thinking of going to S.A after Easter for 10days.

Pls you suggestions is need on.
1:How much will my total earnings be.is it in my case now my salary only since that the only thing that reflects in my account or the total of my salary and my side hustle.

2.is my friend going to be listed as a co-sponsor? If yes what documents is he going to give me remember that he is only taking care of my flight ticket and we are going to share the accommodation provided for him by his organisation.

Pls any other suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MusingsOfALady: 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2019
@justwise and the wise ones,

I am aplying for a UK visit for 3 people, one adult and 2 minors. While trying to book an appointment, I read that Flexi appointment should be used for group or family with a charge of 84pounds!!!!. Will this be a one-off charge or will each member of the family be charged 84pound?

The same question applies for the courier and sms alert? Will these expenses be paid individually or as a group?

Lastly, can we select 3 free time slots for the family? These chrges are crazy

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.