Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524483 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giselle237: 11:58am On May 21, 2019
1. There is no interview done, you however must be booked on an appointment to do your biometrics and submit your passport at the commercial partner’s office. They inturn will forward your application electronically to the deciding body.
No interview, just appointment and your submitted docs would do the talking for you...

2. You are not going physically to the appointment with the papers except ur submission paper, your checklist, photocopy of your data page and original passport..
Every other document of yours that you want to be used in the making of your decision has to be submitted online via the upload system.
If you do the upload yourself like many others have done, it would have to be completed before coming for your appointment and submitted. Just make sure everything you want the Visa Officer to use in assessing your application is uploaded.

3. Old passports would also be part of your documents you might want to show the visa officer including to show any past visas you might have obtained. So yes individuals also include this onto the portal when they are uploading their documents.
Basically, everything you feel would support your uk visa application has to be uploaded... Stamped pages or not...

4. It looks as though they are particular on account and one’s finances because they feel most applicants lodge sums of money into their accounts to boost it.
Well in filling your application you would be asked about your income and if you have any other source of income. Be sure to have a verifiable source of income say employment... and then if u claim to also have other sources of income be sure to have proof of that source of income.. even if its a cac document or basically anything.
They don’t accept just anything you write in your application as how you get your money..
you should be able to prove it especially if the account statement you would submit would show several deposits as you state.

5... Sir or Ma... i dont know ooo

SamReinvented:
Hello good people,

I want to apply for UK visa for the very first time. I am a frequent traveler and I have been to Canada, South Africa, Israel and 8 EU countries. I still have a valid schengen multiple entry visa. There seems to be peculiarities with UK application and I'd love to get some clarifications.

1. With visa appointments, are interviews done? It seems like there are no interviews, but still I'm not sure....because visa application centres don't normally ask you to book appointments for submissions.
2. During appointment, do I go with both originals and photocopies of documents, or just the photocopies?
3. I also read someone saying that I need to present photocopies of ALL the pages of my previous passports (stamped or not). Is this true and still a thing?
4. I have several accounts to cater for different income arrangements, but I tend to move most of them into in my main bank account, which is what I typically use for my visa applications. This never poses a problem for me. But going through the thread, it seems like UK demands that I must explain every single deposit into my account. Is this the case? This would be very difficult as I have tones of such transfers regularly into my account, and it would be very silly to start explaining all of my inflows for 6 months. I would like clarification on this part...
5. Finally, is UK visa app generally stricter than Schengen and Canada? Is it easier? Are there peculiar differences that I should note?

Thanks a lot to everyone. God bless you as you respond. embarassed embarassed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Killingmesoftly: 1:04pm On May 21, 2019
Hello house please is there any one from Abuja who submitted his or her application on the 18th of April and av received it? My sister's inlaw brother submitted in Abuja since 18th of April and av not received it. Please I will appreciate responses. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by holubukola(f): 1:57pm On May 21, 2019
holubukola:
PLEASE HELP ME

Can 800 pound budget fly for my mum.....it's full sponsorship from us,she will only include her statement but she's not contributing anything and we are thinking of inputting 2weeks or 3weeks visit.
Accommodation and feeding on us..
The 800pound is for flight shopping and miscellaneous
Can it fly?

She was previously rejected in March cuz we put 5months and 2,000pounds as budget and that she's adding 500pound from her end...but the application was bounced on financial grounds cuz then we submitted with 2800 balance and she had 1550 balance.But now we have saved like 3,000 and we gonna add more 2500 before she applies in June.

Thanks

Help. Me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by SamReinvented: 2:53pm On May 21, 2019
giselle237:
1. There is no interview done, you however must be booked on an appointment to do your biometrics and submit your passport at the commercial partner’s office. They inturn will forward your application electronically to the deciding body.
No interview, just appointment and your submitted docs would do the talking for you...

2. You are not going physically to the appointment with the papers except ur submission paper, your checklist, photocopy of your data page and original passport..
Every other document of yours that you want to be used in the making of your decision has to be submitted online via the upload system.
If you do the upload yourself like many others have done, it would have to be completed before coming for your appointment and submitted. Just make sure everything you want the Visa Officer to use in assessing your application is uploaded.

3. Old passports would also be part of your documents you might want to show the visa officer including to show any past visas you might have obtained. So yes individuals also include this onto the portal when they are uploading their documents.
Basically, everything you feel would support your uk visa application has to be uploaded... Stamped pages or not...

4. It looks as though they are particular on account and one’s finances because they feel most applicants lodge sums of money into their accounts to boost it.
Well in filling your application you would be asked about your income and if you have any other source of income. Be sure to have a verifiable source of income say employment... and then if u claim to also have other sources of income be sure to have proof of that source of income.. even if its a cac document or basically anything.
They don’t accept just anything you write in your application as how you get your money..
you should be able to prove it especially if the account statement you would submit would show several deposits as you state.

5... Sir or Ma... i dont know ooo

Thanks a lot for responding.

Wow! Seems most of the info on this thread is a bit old. I didn't know that submission is also done online.

Now to some other big questions. Do I have to scan my documents or I can take clear pictures of them? I also used online application for my Canadian visa and I took pictures and edited them (to crop edges and adjust brightness). Does UK frown on pictures? Also, is there a size limit? I remember Canada has like 5mb limit, and you have to squeeze and squeeze the size. Finally, do I upload the files one by one, or I have to merge them into one file?

This their account wahala no be here o. It's not like I keep most of the deposits, a lot of the cash still flow out of my account....so not like I'm lodging them for visa application. If it is a regular inflow/outflow, they shouldn't be stressing na. angry angry. If this is a problem, I guess I'd just not use my main account.

Thanks a lot for your help once again!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jyyes: 3:51pm On May 21, 2019
This is serious, have you contacted gov.uk to make complaint about this ?? This is way more than the stipulated 15 business days. I wonder what could be wrong.

Tawakalituolas:
the passport might not ready cos that's what I'm experiencing now. I got a mail from UK that my application has been dispatched on 25th of March, up to this moment i haven't gotten my passport and i have been to TLS thrice and i was told that it wasn't ready. Seriously, i don't really know what's going on.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 4:46pm On May 21, 2019
Jyyes:
This is serious, have you contacted gov.uk to make complaint about this ?? This is way more than the stipulated 15 business days. I wonder what could be wrong.

yes,i have contacted them and I was told to give them 15 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olabisitaiye: 6:52pm On May 21, 2019
olabisitaiye:

I currently don't have enough to sponsor the trip that is why I used a sponsor. Now in my reapplication am thinking of mentioning the exams bearing in mind that I didn't mention anything about exams in my first application. Hope it won't be an issue. or should I just reapply and address the issues they raised.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ezybaba(m): 7:05pm On May 21, 2019
The venue for the appointment in vi I saw this two address Please note that you will have to pay for these services at the TLScontact visa centre on the day of your appointment at the TLScontact visa centre: First Floor, Churchgate
buiding, Tower 2, Churchgate Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
IMPORTANT:
Please note that from 18th of March 2019, you will have to attend your appointment at
our new Visa Application Centre located at Ground Floor, Ivie House, 4/6 Ajose
Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Marytee2: 7:06pm On May 21, 2019
cerezo:
I'm going to try and respond to each of your concerns because i did something close in 2016 and it was granted.
1. Just say you dont have that information or one option close to that.
2. Do a budget for the trip. For example, she will need about 47k for visa, 250k for flight, and at least £200 for upkeep while with you. Do the maths
3. Try and sponsor her fully. She can attach her statement of account just to show prove of address and income as stated in the application form.
4. Attach both accounts and dont forget to menetion that you often send her money from your naira account. If possible, try and show how you fund that naira account.
5. Reduce her stay to between 10-14 days. Remember it's her first time, the longer she stays the more funds you have to show to accomodate her.

Lastly, please attach a document to show she's your mum, like birth certicate.

Please note that these are my own personal experience, others can share theirs.

Thanks so much for this. Very helpful. Thanks once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jyyes: 7:21pm On May 21, 2019
[quote author=olabisitaiye post=78594113][/quote]

I will advice that you reapply and address the issue stated on the refusal letter, stating that you are actually going to write an exam there will make it clear that you weren’t honest with your intentions about the trip on your first application, giving the VO a clear reason to note that their decision was the right one and that’s an automatic denial on your next application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2019
miqos02:
can I use a sole proprietor account to process uk visa ?

You can but the cost of the trip shouldn't be coming from it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:25pm On May 21, 2019
Cynthia1722:
Hi Justwise and all nairalanders please help me,

Thanks for all your help especially on my previous applications which has all been successful. Am in a fixed situation now and need urgent advice. So i applied to join my husband as his dependent (spouse) last year (June 2018) and got the visa, i also did my masters in the UK(2016-2017), however my husbands tier 1 visa was expiring this year so instead of the usual 2 years i was granted visa till the expiration of his which was April 2019 and he has already applied for his Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) since 1st February, i have also applied to renew my spousal visa and we are both waiting for a decision on that, now am 7 months pregnant and was looking at applying for a visit visa from my mum (2 months visit), obviously with my husband as the sponsor, she has been to the UK once in 2005 for my step sisters wedding whom i don't really communicate with, do i also have to mention her in the application cos i was in secondary school when my parents came for her wedding and i didnt know much plus we don't talk now. My mum has'nt travelled out since then but my parents are doing very well in Naija and relocation is definitely the last thing on their mind. i am very confused can we make this application with our pending visa decision, can i use my sister inlaw who is British as the major applicant? my mum works with a federal ministry and runs her own business, plus my dad and kid brother (12 years) are still in Nigeria too is this ties strong enough? the solicitor we just spoke to said recently 9/10 UK visas are denied don't know how true this is and am due to give birth ending of JULY. All and any advice given will be appreciated.

I don't think its a good idea making the application while your visa extension/renewer is still pending, Let your sister invite her.

I don't know where that solicitor got that figure from
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ezybaba(m): 7:26pm On May 21, 2019
Good afternoon sir Mr justwise I want to know d real venue for appointment centre in vi I saw this First Floor, Churchgate
IMPORTANT:
Please note that from 18th of March 2019, you will have to attend your appointment at
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jyyes: 7:32pm On May 21, 2019
Check TLSContact site online and all the addresses are located in there, Abuja, VI, Ikeja. Wish you all the best on your upcoming application.

ezybaba:
Good afternoon sir Mr justwise I want to know d real venue for appointment centre in vi I saw this First Floor, Churchgate
IMPORTANT:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ibraheemolasupo: 7:35pm On May 21, 2019
Hi guys, please quick question my cousin submitted his visit visa application in Abuja on May 3rd to attend our other cousin’s wedding in the UK. Which is taking place on the 31st of May but we haven’t heard from the Embassy yet.
It’s a family thing but I’m still kind of curious as myself and all our other family members will be going from the US too.
What’s your advice guys?
Thanks and God bless!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:57pm On May 21, 2019
ezybaba:
IMPORTANT:

I got no idea
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:58pm On May 21, 2019
ibraheemolasupo:
Hi guys, please quick question my cousin submitted his visit visa application in Abuja on May 3rd to attend our other cousin’s wedding in the UK. Which is taking place on the 31st of May but we haven’t heard from the Embassy yet.
It’s a family thing but I’m still kind of curious as myself and all our other family members will be going from the US too.
What’s your advice guys?
Thanks and God bless!

That is too late unless he paid for priority service
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 8:21pm On May 21, 2019
justwise:

You can but the cost of the trip shouldn't be coming from it

Wow,I plan using my enterprise account cus that’s were my money is,I only make Transfer from my cooperate account to my personal account cus I do not have atm on my coperate acount for domestic use,which means I’m in a deep problem.pls advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jyyes: 8:34pm On May 21, 2019
My brother submitted his on that same date 3rd May 2019, at Abuja and no news from UKVI yet. Giving the current data of applications from April until now I think your cousin submitted his too late giving that he planned attending a wedding 31st this month. He should have gone for the priority service instead. However there’s the possibility that his passport will be ready before then.

ibraheemolasupo:
What’s your advice guys?
Thanks and God bless!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ibraheemolasupo: 8:38pm On May 21, 2019
Thank you so much guys, we will keep praying and I hope everything goes as planned. God bless you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giselle237: 9:14pm On May 21, 2019
If he didn’t pay for priority service, his 15 working days expiry starts from May 27... then and only then can he start worrying.
Applicants from April 16 above are still saying they have not received their passports or heard anything new. I guess there is a whole load of applications for the visa this period.
Short story: He should exercise patience till the 15th BUSINESS day after May 3rd..

ibraheemolasupo:
What’s your advice guys?
Thanks and God bless!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adesugarlove: 10:23pm On May 21, 2019
ibraheemolasupo:
What’s your advice guys?
Thanks and God bless!

If its renewal, he can be lucky...
But if he is a first time applicant....hmmm just forget it
It will take longer than that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lipsyred: 10:58pm On May 21, 2019
Good evening All.@ justwise I need you kindly analize this visa denial reason given I am still in shock that we were denied,I gave all documents to verify our intention for 5days visit for our anniversary n I believe the statements were not duly analized.i gave my bank salary accounts 3 of them n movement from my salary account to my other bank account was presented and treasury cert of the other bank as well with a balance of 1m+ left as balance for d trip in d other bank and the vo just concluded my balance in my bank salary account cannot cover d trip,so funny.Treasury have been on d other account for years which after d tenor rolls over and d conclusion was unusual lodgement wen my statement is clear dat deposit in and out is base on treasury which passes through.Does that mean d vo doesn't understand statement or wat?must we explain every bit of it in covering letter.my husband doesn't use his company account so he uses his personal account and run his car bizness which have a turn over of abt 50m in d statement period n lodgement have inflow written as payment of various car types so crystal clear but he have his personal income tax n make withdrawal on it,though his balance was abt 2.5m at d time of print out.please advise me where we got it wrong cos I thot we did all correctly .see attached d denial note n advise.Though d period for d anniversary is close so will travel elsewhere but can we appeal? or how soon can we reapply? I will like to reapply alone just to visit no family there just as tourist visit short trip or will it be seen as wrong applying alone sometime September?thanks and sorry to trouble u.God bless ur good work

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kunzzy4me(m): 11:55pm On May 21, 2019
wintabotom:
your passport would definitely be at TLS Ikeja already. They did that for my mom but we just went there later and found out that they just didnt update their records.. passport was ready since. You can try to pick up you might just have thesame issue my mom had
Thanks so much brother... Am thinking of going... Anytime soon...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kunzzy4me(m): 12:01am On May 22, 2019
Tawakalituolas:
the passport might not ready cos that's what I'm experiencing now. I got a mail from UK that my application has been dispatched on 25th of March, up to this moment i haven't gotten my passport and i have been to TLS thrice and i was told that it wasn't ready. Seriously, i don't really know what's going on.
That's a serious one ..you and I having thesame issues. Why are they doing this to us now.. How can they say Passport has been dispatched from UK and we can't get it to collect...someone even advise I track it but I dont really know how to go about that... May God help us
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TIGER1001: 3:40am On May 22, 2019
My parents want to attend my sisters graduation by second week of july;can 1 bank statement cover them? they are spending 8 days and how much should they have as minimum bank balance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:58am On May 22, 2019
Lipsyred:
Good evening All.@ justwise I need you kindly analize this visa denial reason given I am still in shock that we were denied,I gave all documents to verify our intention for 5days visit for our anniversary n I believe the statements were not duly analized.i gave my bank salary accounts 3 of them n movement from my salary account to my other bank account was presented and treasury cert of the other bank as well with a balance of 1m+ left as balance for d trip in d other bank and the vo just concluded my balance in my bank salary account cannot cover d trip,so funny.Treasury have been on d other account for years which after d tenor rolls over and d conclusion was unusual lodgement wen my statement is clear dat deposit in and out is base on treasury which passes through.Does that mean d vo doesn't understand statement or wat?must we explain every bit of it in covering letter.my husband doesn't use his company account so he uses his personal account and run his car bizness which have a turn over of abt 50m in d statement period n lodgement have inflow written as payment of various car types so crystal clear but he have his personal income tax n make withdrawal on it,though his balance was abt 2.5m at d time of print out.please advise me where we got it wrong cos I thot we did all correctly .see attached d denial note n advise.Though d period for d anniversary is close so will travel elsewhere but can we appeal? or how soon can we reapply? I will like to reapply alone just to visit no family there just as tourist visit short trip or will it be seen as wrong applying alone sometime September?thanks and sorry to trouble u.God bless ur good work

1. Is your husband earning equivalent of £63364.90 a year as stated in that refusal letter?

2. What list of documents did he submit to support his application?

3. Were you planning to spend 900000K in 5days on a salary of less than 200K?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:03am On May 22, 2019
TIGER1001:
My parents want to attend my sisters graduation by second week of july;can 1 bank statement cover them? they are spending 8 days and how much should they have as minimum bank balance?

One bank account can cover if there is enough money on it, do your budget so as to know how much the trip will cost and how much you need to have in your account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TIGER1001: 9:07am On May 22, 2019
bank balance to cover two of them is 2.7million(mothers personal account), in your opinion will that be sufficient for 8 days trip?
justwise:

One bank account can cover if there is enough money on it, do your budget so as to know how much the trip will cost and how much you need to have in your account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 9:08am On May 22, 2019
kunzzy4me:

That's a serious one ..you and I having thesame issues. Why are they doing this to us now.. How can they say Passport has been dispatched from UK and we can't get it to collect...someone even advise I track it but I dont really know how to go about that... May God help us
I think if you apply prior to 6th of March,you won't be able to track your application cos i tried to track mine but i couldn't. So i decided to contact them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jyyes: 10:05am On May 22, 2019
Lipsyred. I have to call you out on this for certain reasons, for the most part is that you are educated and works with Zenith bank and should have known better. You are one of Nigerians that actually deserve this visa, giving your personal circumstances but you messed this up, mostly with your spouse misrepresentation and I’m scared that this application might rob your subsequent applications if not properly planned with due deligence and honest representation with clear evidence. No, you didn’t do things rightly at all, and I’m sorry if my words are coming too harsh. Firstly, your husband claimed he is self employed and earns 30m annually, which stands at 2.5m monthly.,

Question is, does his personal account show a monthly income of 2.5m from his business account for the past 6 months

Did he submit CAC documents listing him as the director of the company as he claimed

Did he submit a company account that showed maximum trading to the tune of him earning 2.5m monthly

He claimed he earns 2.5m monthly and has a balance of 2.5m, so he literally spends the 2.5m he earns every month in the past 6 months

This is a whole lot of dishonest representation from him being the lead applicant.

And on your part,

Why would you be the sole sponsor of your trip with 900k when your husband is rich and earns 2.5m monthly

Why would you intend to spend 900k for a 5 days trip, an amount above your 3 months salary

Why is your money not in zenith bank where you work which genuinely shows that the money is yours and readily available for use at anytime

Why a large sum deposit in your IBTC account ?

These are mistakes you made that you will have to carefully work on if you intend to apply again.

My advice for you is that you should build your salary account for the next 6 months, don’t transfer money from it to save elsewhere, save it there and spend from there, and use same for your next application. If you have free 1m now put it in there this month and forget it, then by end of November you can apply again, print out 6 months statement, this 1m deposit from this month will not show on the statement because it’s from June to November. The VO are very suspicious of huge deposit, they now know that a lot of ppl are staging this huge deposit to further boost their accounts and that means they are not honest with their true circumstances. And on your next application don’t put 5 days, 2 weeks is okay. How can you spend 900k of your money for only 5 days when you earn 288k monthly?? It makes no sense at all. Again, the first reason why you were denied is because of the false representation that your husband claimed without proof. And like I said on your next application use only your salary account, and make sure it has reasonable balance, if you have to wait until 2020 to get a reasonable balance it’s fine, just make sure no huge deposit that isn’t your monthly salary is shown there. Again I am sorry for the denial, I know how you feel, because you really deserve this visa, I have frnds from zenith bank with same pay as you, they have visas and some are renewing for 5 and 10 years respectively.

Lipsyred:

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MadameW: 3:58pm On May 22, 2019
Good afternoon everyone, please I have two questions:
1) can I use my bank statement generated via my banking app for my U.K. visa application? Or does it have to be printed at the bank?
2) Do I have to upload my checklist on TLS portal?
Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.