Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,083 members, 7,849,398 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:27 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1544016 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
mover:
@justwise
kindly let me know documentation and process for uk tier 2 dependant visa application. Please respond.

salsera:

Check the official uk govt link and search for tier 2application
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/foreign-commonwealth-office
https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa

If you don't get your answer from this ^^ then come back for clarification.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
fred4fred:
Thanks @justwise, thought i let you in on my travel history, hope you don't mind:

First got a 6 months Visa -- traveled once

Then the 2 years Visa -- traveled twice

appreciate this

You need to be a frequent traveler to be to jump from 5yrs to 10yrs visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
NJN:

Presently schooling in the UK. Got some investments in Naija though.

Ok but that question is for your friend that you are inviting. Does he work or own a business in Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lantrenzo: 4:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
justwise:

If some of the attendees have traveled to the UK before for the training then all the info you need will come from your HR depart or those who have gone before, they should be able to tell you about documents your NGO gave them and documents from the training provider from the UK

@JustWise thanks for your kind response.

The challenge here really is : How do we reflect in our applications that the training schedules are spaced out? That's one in April, May and October. They are taking place at different months. How do we go about booking for hotels and reflect the same in the application? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
lantrenzo:

The challenge here really is : How do we reflect in our applications that the training schedules are spaced out? That's one in April, May and October. They are taking place at different months. How do we go about booking for hotels and reflect the same in the application? Thanks

Something doesn't add up here, you are going for a training that starts in April and finish when? Finished in April and another one starts in May then October? Or the same training starts in April till October with break in between?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
lantrenzo:

lantrenzo:

Have you even started the application, there is space for extra information in the form.

It doesn't matter how many times the training is in the year, do you intend to stay in the Uk till the very last training?

Doesn't your NGO have a HR dept? They should the hotel booking as well as giving you all an official letter detailing the training dates and its relevance to your organisations objectives.
We are presuming they are the one's sponsoring right?

I could do protocol work one-off for your NGO if they need it.....for a fee grin

So if you have these many questions now how is it that others have gone for the training in previous years?
If this is not the first time , it should be a simple case of wash,rinse and repeat

@justwise....see what I mean
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 5:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
justwise:

Something doesn't add up here, you are going for a training that starts in April and finish when? Finished in April and another one starts in May then October? Or the same training starts in April till October with break in between?

If there are several people going to multiple training events.
That is many thousands of pounds in flights and accomodation.
I know governments will waste such money, but an N.G.O.?

It would be cheaper to fly the trainer to your office.

It all sounds slightly strange.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
worry359:

If there are several people going to multiple training events.
That is many thousands of pounds in flights and accomodation.
I know governments will waste such money, but an N.G.O.?

It would be cheaper to fly the trainer to your office.

It all sounds slightly strange.

Unless the training is one of those ones that you must do exams /tests in the country that certifies.

Nevertheless something doesn't add up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
H
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lantrenzo: 6:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
salsera:

Unless the training is one of those ones that you must do exams /tests in the country that certifies.

Nevertheless something doesn't add up.

Salera: It does. What I wanted to know as the new team leader is :we have different trainings scheduled at different months; the question is, is there a way of reflecting that in the new application? That's all. Nothing much. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lantrenzo: 6:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
justwise:

@JustWise : Many thanks.

Yes, for instance a training and testing program starts on April 19 and ends on 21st of the same month. While another is scheduled on May 22 and ends on 24. Do we have to show evidence for flight and hotel for the two at the same time? We just would like to know if there is a way to reflect that on the this application we are about to submit.

Thanks for your patience. God bless you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lantrenzo: 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
salsera:

Have you even started the application, there is space for extra information in the form.

It doesn't matter how many times the training is in the year, do you intend to stay in the Uk till the very last training?

Doesn't your NGO have a HR dept? They should the hotel booking as well as giving you all an official letter detailing the training dates and its relevance to your organisations objectives.
We are presuming they are the one's sponsoring right?

I could do protocol work one-off for your NGO if they need it.....for a fee grin

So if you have these many questions now how is it that others have gone for the training in previous years?
If this is not the first time , it should be a simple case of wash,rinse and repeat

@justwise....see what I mean

Dear Salsera,

The last training we attended is now over a year and different people have assumed new responsibilities that's why.

We don't intend to stay till the end of all the trainings due to cost and logistics.

You could be considered for a freelance Protocol Officer.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
lantrenzo:

Dear Salsera,

The last training we attended is now over a year and different people have assumed new responsibilities that's why.

We don't intend to stay till the end of all the trainings due to cost and logistics.

You could be considered for a freelance Protocol Officer.

Thanks.

I don find work oh Godwin!

Seriously pm me. I can help you out. You sound genuine and you really don't have that much time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
p
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
wale006:
please assist with this.

My opinion

Hotel and airfare in pounds
Use oanda.com as your exchange rate and indicate that you used this rate under additional information.

Salary in naira cos that's how it reflects in your account

In general if it is not specific about the currency then you can use either. Just indicate the exchange rate you used.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RetroBoy: 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
I booked an appointment for my visa application online in the Vic Island center. However, I got a notification email for an address in Ikeja.
I need some urgent clarification, please
Cc: justwise, FrontPageLawyer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fred4fred: 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
@salsera, @justwise Godbless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
lantrenzo:

@JustWise : Many thanks.

Yes, for instance a training and testing program starts on April 19 and ends on 21st of the same month. While another is scheduled on May 22 and ends on 24. Do we have to show evidence for flight and hotel for the two at the same time? We just would like to know if there is a way to reflect that on the this application we are about to submit.

Thanks for your patience. God bless you!

You can state that using the additional information section in the form but you still have to come back to Nigeria after April training then return again for May.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lantrenzo: 6:09am On Mar 24, 2016
justwise:

You can state that using the additional information section in the form but you still have to come back to Nigeria after April training then return again for May.

Thank you @JustWise. Bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lantrenzo: 6:11am On Mar 24, 2016
salsera:

I don find work oh Godwin!

Seriously pm me. I can help you out. You sound genuine and you really don't have that much time

Yeah. I will. Where are you based?Thanks Salsera.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:42am On Mar 24, 2016
RetroBoy:
I booked an appointment for my visa application online in the Vic Island center. However, I got a notification email for an address in Ikeja.
I need some urgent clarification, please
Cc: justwise, FrontPageLawyer

There could be a mix up somewhere. Contact Teleperformance through there feedback option.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:50am On Mar 24, 2016
wale006:
Hello all,

Thank you for your good job.

On the income page do I have to fill my salary, hotel price and airfare price in Naira or pounds?
Some section specifically stated pounds and that makes it clear but for the above it is not stated.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Thanks.

Cost of aeroplane £
Cost of accommodation £
Salary ₦

In fact on the "income section" you should make use of (£)all through using www.oanda.com for your conversion, except for your salary which should be in (₦)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sammiejo: 7:52am On Mar 24, 2016
Please with current restrictions, how are you able to pay visa fees?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:57am On Mar 24, 2016
Sammiejo:
Please with current restrictions, how are you able to pay visa fees?

Get in touch with your bank.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sammiejo: 8:33am On Mar 24, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Get in touch with your bank.
I have , I understand I can't do more than USD300 a day, this is not enough for what I intend
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:16am On Mar 24, 2016
Sammiejo:

I have , I understand I can't do more than USD300 a day, this is not enough for what I intend

The $300 only affect withdrawals in foreign countries. It does not affect online payment in totality.

Contact your bank to increase your limit.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sammiejo: 10:05am On Mar 24, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

The $300 only affect withdrawals in foreign countries. It does not affect online payment in totality.

Contact your bank to increase your limit.

Good luck.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
So apparently withdrawals in UK with a stanbic IBTC Naira mastercard attracts a rate of NGN420 to the pound while buying at the black market attracts a rate of NGN455 to the pound. Is it OK to travel with just GBP100 cash and withdraw the rest upon arrival in UK? I want to know if having a funded bank account will be acceptable in place of physical cash by the UKVI peeps at heathrow as it will be more profitable to travel with a bank card and a little cash as opposed to changing entire money with the present black market exchange rate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by drobadebayo: 9:31am On Mar 25, 2016
Hello
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
abnot:
So apparently withdrawals in UK with a stanbic IBTC Naira mastercard attracts a rate of NGN420 to the pound while buying at the black market attracts a rate of NGN455 to the pound. Is it OK to travel with just GBP100 cash and withdraw the rest upon arrival in UK? I want to know if having a funded bank account will be acceptable in place of physical cash by the UKVI peeps at heathrow as it will be more profitable to travel with a bank card and a little cash as opposed to changing entire money with the present black market exchange rate.

At the POE in Uk they dont usually ask for evidence that you have money with you...the main thing is, you immigration status eg answer questions correctly in line with whats in their system and your visa.

Well, i have never been asked anything both in London and Manchester airport about whether i have money with me or not others might have such experience sha.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
Hello People.
1: I have a 2-yr UK tourist visa which expires in May 2016. over the past 3 years I have been to the UK 11 times.

2: I wish to apply for 2-YRS (not 6-months) UK tourist visas for my Wife and 2 kids who have never been to the UK but they have been to Germany, Dubai, Canada and the US.

I am concerned about future hikes in the cost of visa application and renewal fees so i want to go straight-away for a 2-yr visa.

Please advise, will i get a positive consideration seeing that we have a reasonably OK travel history and I have never over-stayed my UK visits at any occasion?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 4:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
everydayperson:
Hello People.
1: I have a 2-yr UK tourist visa which expires in May 2016. over the past 3 years I have been to the UK 11 times.

2: I wish to apply for 2-YRS (not 6-months) UK tourist visas for my Wife and 2 kids who have never been to the UK but they have been to Germany, Dubai, Canada and the US.

I am concerned about future hikes in the cost of visa application and renewal fees so i want to go straight-away for a 2-yr visa.

Please advise, will i get a positive consideration seeing that we have a reasonably OK travel history and I have never over-stayed my UK visits at any occasion?

If you’re applying for a long-term visit visa
You must prove that:

you have a frequent and ongoing need to come to the UK
the reason why you need to come to the UK is unlikely to change while your visitor visa is valid
you plan to leave the UK at the end of each visit
You may be given a visa for a shorter period than requested if you don’t do this. You won’t get a refund of the application fee if you get a shorter visa or your application is refused.

Your visa may be cancelled and you may get a long-term ban on visiting if your travel history shows you’re repeatedly living in the UK for extended periods.

I believe the above answers your question, more info in the link below

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/eligibility

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.