Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,119 members, 7,849,497 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:43 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1544087 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:21am On Apr 02, 2016
Monspubis:

Please is NySC a good enough tie for uk visit visa

In cases of younger applicants who may not have had an opportunity to form many ties, consular officers may look at specific intentions, family situations, and long-range plans and prospects within the country of residence.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monspubis: 8:32am On Apr 02, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

In cases of younger applicants who may not have had an opportunity to form many ties, consular officers may look at specific intentions, family situations, and long-range plans and prospects within the country of residence.
Thanks boss.
Am actually going to write a medical exam around june.Am aware dere is a PLAB visa category for that.Where I have issues is the area of ties to nigeria ,since am done with my internship and currently just waitg for nysc.The internship was for a year(ended December),I hv d payslips and all other docs for it.I ve not worked since january cos of d exams which are in stages.P.S My mum is sponsoring.
Any advice pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
Monspubis:

Thanks boss.
Am actually going to write a medical exam around june.Am aware dere is a PLAB visa category for that.Where I have issues is the area of ties to nigeria ,since am done with my internship and currently just waitg for nysc.The internship was for a year(ended December),I hv d payslips and all other docs for it.I ve not worked since january cos of d exams which are in stages.P.S My mum is sponsoring.
Any advice pls?

What constitutes strong ties will differ from individual to individual. Ties are the various aspects of your life that bind you to your country of residence: your family and social relationships, inheritance, employment and properties.

In your case, the entry clearance officers will consider your profession (Doctor), social, cultural and other factors you will presents. As a young graduate who may not have had an opportunity to form many ties, entry clearance officers may look at specific intentions, family situations, and long-range plans and prospects within your country of residence.

The law places the burden of proof on you to prove that you have something to bring you back to your country at the end of your stay/exam. So the question is, what do you think you have that will force you back home aside NYSC? Your mum can sponsor you; she'll need to include her work documents, six months pay slip, six months bank statement of account and other documents that constitute ties. You will also have to include your six months bank statement whether or nor you have money in there.

The more things they see that you have that must bring you back to Nigeria, the better your chances.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monspubis: 6:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

What constitutes strong ties will differ from individual to individual. Ties are the various aspects of your life that bind you to your country of residence: your family and social relationships, inheritance, employment and properties.

In your case, the entry clearance officers will consider your profession (Doctor), social, cultural and other factors you will presents. As a young graduate who may not have had an opportunity to form many ties, entry clearance officers may look at specific intentions, family situations, and long-range plans and prospects within your country of residence.

The law places the burden of proof on you to prove that you have something to bring you back to your country at the end of your stay/exam. So the question is, what do you think you have that will force you back home aside NYSC? Your mum can sponsor you; she'll need to include her work documents, six months pay slip, six months bank statement of account and other documents that constitute ties. You will also have to include your six months bank statement whether or nor you have money in there.

The more things they see that you have that must bring you back to Nigeria, the better your chances.

Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blaisek: 10:51pm On Apr 02, 2016
GOOD DAY HOUSE, I REALLY NEED TO MAKE SOME ENQUIRY, I AM BEEN INVITED BY A FRIEND TO COME OVER TO THE U.K, I SURE WILL APPLY FOR A SIX MONTHS VISA, I SERIOUSLY DONT INTEND COMING BACK SOON. I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THE CHANCES OF SURVIVING WITH THIS REGARDS. MY FRIENDS REALLY WANTS ME TO COME OVER AND HE FEELS I CAN GO TRU IT

THANKS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:24am On Apr 03, 2016
blaisek:
GOOD DAY HOUSE,

We do not help people to become illegals! angry angry
Also we do not like people who post all in capital letters.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:54am On Apr 03, 2016
Monspubis:

Thanks a lot

You sent me a PM. I'm sorry I don't know how that works, but you can ask your questions here and I can assure you of the best advice ever from the gurus. Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by momoyama: 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
blaisek:
GOOD DAY HOUSE, I REALLY NEED TO MAKE SOME ENQUIRY, I AM BEEN INVITED BY A FRIEND TO COME OVER TO THE U.K, I SURE WILL APPLY FOR A SIX MONTHS VISA, I SERIOUSLY DONT INTEND COMING BACK SOON. I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THE CHANCES OF SURVIVING WITH THIS REGARDS. MY FRIENDS REALLY WANTS ME TO COME OVER AND HE FEELS I CAN GO TRU IT

THANKS

So you are admitting you plan to overstay? It is people like you who make life hard for your countrymen.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mybad: 2:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
Hello Gurus,
Please what are the chances for one who wants to relocate to the UK for greener pastures.
Are there jobs that can earn one a permit and guarantee a good life out there?
I studied Accounting and hold an MBA Finance option.
I don't plan to be a fugitive and I sure don't want to do menial jobs while out there.
I understand some less highbrow areas in the UK can guarantee a good job and good living conditions there.
Looking forward to your useful contributions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Adisa1515: 5:31pm On Apr 03, 2016
Hello Gurus,
Please im quite new on here and not sure how this works! I need you guys advise. I actually want to apply for a france visa, I own my business and not sure if im to submit 3months bank statement or 6months bank statement of my company account.
Secondly, Do i need to submit a personal saving account with it as well. Please kindly advice me what to do.
Thirdly, Is it compulsory to submit a tax clearance receipt too.

Hoping to hear from you guys soon. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blaisek: 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
momoyama:

So you are admitting you plan to overstay? It is people like you who make life hard for your countrymen.
I asked a simple question, if u don't ve a simple answer, I don't think its a must you answer to a post. I guess u prefer people who lies
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blaisek: 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
worry359:

We do not help people to become illegals! angry angry
Also we do not like people who post all in capital letters.
u don't need to like post in capitals what u shud do, is read, if u ve any comment u make else just move on
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by momoyama: 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
blaisek:
I asked a simple question, if u don't ve a simple answer, I don't think its a must you answer to a post. I guess u prefer people who lies

No. I prefer people who respect the laws of countries they enter.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 6:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
blaisek:
u don't need to like post in capitals what u shud do, is read, if u ve any comment u make else just move on

blaisek:

You came here asking for advice on becoming illegal and being bad mannered.
Then you insult those replying to you. shocked shocked shocked
Better leave before someone becomes really angry with you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
Established:
Please I need your help. Kindly help assess this for me. My appointment is next week. Please I beg you guys.

WHAT IS YOUR TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME FROM ALL SOURCES OF EMPLOYMENT OR OCCUPATION, AFTER TAX - 233 GBP (added both my salary and profit from my small business)

DO YOU HAVE SAVINGS, PROPERTIES OR OTHER INCOME, FOR EXAMPLE FROM STOCKS AND SHARES? YES

TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME FROM OTHER SOURCES INCLUDING FRIENDS AND FAMILY - 25 GBP (please does this include profits and gains from business as well. Because the 25 GBP I stated is what I get from friends and family)

HOW MUCH DO YOU SPEND EACH MONTH ON LIVING COSTS? - 110 GBP

HOW MUCH OF YOUR TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME IS GIVEN TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND OTHER DEPENDANTS? - 20 GBP

WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF YOUR TRIP? - 850 GBP

THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE FOR THIS TRIP - 1000 GBP

THE COST OF THE AEROPLANE, BOAT OR TRAIN TICKETS - 650 GBP

THE COST OF ACCOMMODATION - MY FRIEND

COST OF YOUR LIVING EXPENSES - 200 GBP

IS SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOU PAYING FOR ALL OR A PART OF YOUR TRIP? YES

PLEASE SELECT WHAT THE RELATIONSHIP IS OF THE PERSON WHO IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE PAYMENT OF YOUR TRIP? UNCLE

HOW MUCH WILL THEY BE PAYING TOWARDS YOUR TRIP? - 1000 GBP

WHAT IS THE TOTAL AMOUNT? - 1000 GBP

Please I propose to spend 2 weeks. I have a closing balance of 1286 GBP in my Personal savings account and 300 GBP in my salary account.

If ur uncle will give you 1000Gbp for the trip, i think the cost to you personally for the trip is 0£, also 850£ is too much for airfare. You should budget 700£ instead, living expenses 200£ and the rest for shopping.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
Adisa1515:
Hello Gurus,
Please im quite new on here and not sure how this works! I need you guys advise. I actually want to apply for a france visa, I own my business and not sure if im to submit 3months bank statement or 6months bank statement of my company account.
Secondly, Do i need to submit a personal saving account with it as well. Please kindly advice me what to do.
Thirdly, Is it compulsory to submit a tax clearance receipt too.

Hoping to hear from you guys soon. Thanks

If you are going for personal holiday , tourist it is normal to pay from your personal account.
a business account is for the company, but could pay for training or business trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Adisa1515: 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
Thank you for your advice and really appreciate that? What os the bank statement part? What can you advice on?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blaisek: 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
worry359:

You came here asking for advice on becoming illegal and being bad mannered.
Then you insult those replying to you. shocked shocked shocked
Better leave before someone becomes really angry with you.
I don't knw or definition of insult.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by omoharry(f): 11:32am On Apr 04, 2016
Guys, with the whole change in foreign eachange.what is the current rate for uk tourist visa apllication. Secondly my pass-sport will expire next april 2017 though i wish to apply now becos i would like to spend this year christmas in the uk..i hope i wont have issues becos of the expiring date.it is not a virgin pass sport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
omoharry:
Guys, with the whole change in foreign eachange.what is the current rate for uk tourist visa apllication. Secondly my pass-sport will expire next april 2017 though i wish to apply now becos i would like to spend this year christmas in the uk..i hope i wont have issues becos of the expiring date.it is not a virgin pass sport.

Short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) $131

Longer-term (valid for up to 2 years) $495

Longer-term (valid for up to 5 years) $900

Longer-term (valid for up to 10 years) $1128

Until you pay with your card, no one can tell you the exact amount the card company will charge you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 10:37pm On Apr 04, 2016
blaisek:

THANKS

My strong advice for you...don't let your friend lead you into temptation...UK is not as easy as it seems even for legal residents not to talk of been an illegal.

Please save these post for future reference.....you have been warned. you don't want to be an illegal in a foreign land ...not in a country like UK...and as for your friend, i can bet my life that he will end up abandoning you when things go rough for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 10:52pm On Apr 04, 2016
mybad:

Hello Gurus,
Please what are the chances for one who wants to relocate to the UK for greener pastures.
Are there jobs that can earn one a permit and guarantee a good life out there?
I studied Accounting and hold an MBA Finance option.
I don't plan to be a fugitive and I sure don't want to do menial jobs while out there.
I understand some less highbrow areas in the UK can guarantee a good job and good living conditions there.
Looking forward to your useful contributions.

First things first, quick questions for you

(1)what visa do you want to use in relocating to the UK?

(2) Do you have any qualification you have obtained from any UK recognised institution?

(3) If your answer to question 2 is NO, there is no way you can work with a nigerian certificate in UK cos it is not recognised there. Why do you think doctors and pharmacists do conversion exams?

(4) Is your dad Aliko Dangote or Saraki or any of the Politicians we have in Naija? or is your dad very rich and can afford to pay for your accommodation and feeding ( so you won't need to do menial jobs) while you just run a program in UK so as to get a recognised qualification and be able to get office and tie job?

(5) If your answer to question 4 is NO, bro you will wash plates grin, you will do security jobs grin, infact you will do nanny and cleaning jobs grin. i hope you can wash toilet well grin and also take care of old people with smile o not grumbling grin (Oyinbo like people smiling)

Having said all this,so You want to go to a foreign land and you are already giving conditions that you don't want to do menial jobs? All you need to do is have a plan and no job is menial if it pays your bill. You need to drop that Nigerian pride if you want to make it in UK.

See bro, my honest advice for you is that if you have a good job in Naija, stay back and keep on enjoying your life. Just be coming to UK for vacation. Thats all.

God bless.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by omoharry(f): 8:12am On Apr 05, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) $131

Longer-term (valid for up to 2 years) $495

Longer-term (valid for up to 5 years) $900

Longer-term (valid for up to 10 years) $1128

Until you pay with your card, no one can tell you the exact amount the card company will charge you.

Thank you very much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NJN: 9:26am On Apr 05, 2016
justwise:

Ok but that question is for your friend that you are inviting. Does he work or own a business in Nigeria?

My friend does business.

Meanwhile.. I intend to use my account as evidence of fund and all that. Is that ok? If yes.. is it ok to use my UK account or Naija account?

And lastly, how much is ok to be shown, does the money have to be in the account for a while (like the tier4 visa thingy) and how long must the account statement be?

Sorry about the plenty questions. Alternatively, if I could get referred to a site that has ll these answers..I'll be glad.

Thanks.

Gurus in the house.. I'll appreciate if you can please look into my loong list of enquiries ... smiley (person wey dey enquire no dey miss road grin)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by valeroso: 7:35pm On Apr 05, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

I don't think the Family Visit Visa is an option for you due to ineligible family relationship. To come to the UK as a family visitor, you must be able to show that you will be visiting the following family members in the UK:

spouse or civil partner
children
parents or siblings
grandparents or grandchildren

your spouse’s or civil partner’s siblings or parents
your child’s spouse or civil partner
step parents, step children or step siblings
a person you've been living with in a long-term relationship, as if you were married or in a civil partnership, for at least 2 years before the day you apply

A cousin does not fall in any of the categories listed above, therefore you should come to the UK as a general visitor.

Hi. In this instance, what type of visa is appropriate ? My cousin is inviting and will be in charge of my accommodation and other living expenses.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
valeroso:

Hi. In this instance, what type of visa is appropriate ? My cousin is inviting and will be in charge of my accommodation and other living expenses.
Thanks.

Standard Visitor visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by valeroso: 10:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Standard Visitor visa

Thank you sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monspubis: 11:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

You sent me a PM. I'm sorry I don't know how that works, but you can ask your questions here and I can assure you of the best advice ever from the gurus. Regards
Ok please I hv another question,what really constitutes a good bank statement?the account I plan to use is a business account(my mums),d issue is she deposits large chunks and withdraws same.sometimes she leaves very low balance in the account.My question is if d ECO looks at d balance over d 6 month period or just d turnover of d account as well as the balance when the statement is requested?
Thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blaisek: 11:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
OlowoB:

My strong advice for you...don't let your friend lead you into temptation...UK is not as easy as it seems even for legal residents not to talk of been an illegal.

Please save these post for future reference.....you have been warned. you don't want to be an illegal in a foreign land ...not in a country like UK...and as for your friend, i can bet my life that he will end up abandoning you when things go rough for you.

tanks for the advice , it will be very useful, just wanted to ask for opinions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 6:16am On Apr 06, 2016
Monspubis:

Ok please I hv another question,what really constitutes a good bank statement?the account I plan to use is a business account(my mums),d issue is she deposits large chunks and withdraws same.sometimes she leaves very low balance in the account.My question is if d ECO looks at d balance over d 6 month period or just d turnover of d account as well as the balance when the statement is requested?
Thank u
A healthy account shows money in and out retaining a strong balance.
If the account keeps dipping to near zero it is not healthy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.