Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,063 members, 7,828,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1534808 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:35am On Mar 29, 2016
meekandholy:
My POE experience:
I travelled on a tourist visa to Heathrow. that was my first time ever of traveling out. I had 2000 pounds with me as I indicated on my application.
I joined the que and those UKB people just asked me what I was doing in UK and most of the question on the visa application i filled were asked too including who my sponsor was. which I responded well, so he passed and I went for my luggage.
But on my way out of the hall after I took my luggage, one tall oyinbo guy just walked up to me and told me to come into one room. he asked me how much do I have with me and I told him 2k pounds.
when we got there he started questioning me and asking me all over again almost all the questions I filled in my visa application form which I answered correctly again.
then lastly he asked me if I know that people usually carry hard drugs and he also asked if I have any hard drug with me or if I swallowed any drug before coming... so I responded and said ' I've heard news of people doing drugs on the TV but as for me, I am a Christian and I wouldn't do drugs. I was very pissed so I jus raised my top up half way for him to see me stomach. Immediately I did that he just said I shouldn't worry that I can go.
At that point I just felt like going back to Nigeria coz of all the embarrassment but I thought of the money I had spent so I told him he embarrassed me . could you believe the guy didn't even apologise? I just walked out.

He doesn't really need to apologise. He wasn't employed to gossip, but to protect the UK border. I was also swabbed while I was returning to Nigeria from Manchester, but I wasn't bothered one bit even if it takes forever.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Established: 9:49am On Mar 29, 2016
Established:
Please I need your help. Kindly help assess this for me. My appointment is next week. Please I beg you guys.

WHAT IS YOUR TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME FROM ALL SOURCES OF EMPLOYMENT OR OCCUPATION, AFTER TAX - 233 GBP (added both my salary and profit from my small business)

DO YOU HAVE SAVINGS, PROPERTIES OR OTHER INCOME, FOR EXAMPLE FROM STOCKS AND SHARES? YES

TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME FROM OTHER SOURCES INCLUDING FRIENDS AND FAMILY - 25 GBP (please does this include profits and gains from business as well. Because the 25 GBP I stated is what I get from friends and family)

HOW MUCH DO YOU SPEND EACH MONTH ON LIVING COSTS? - 110 GBP

HOW MUCH OF YOUR TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME IS GIVEN TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND OTHER DEPENDANTS? - 20 GBP

WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF YOUR TRIP? - 850 GBP

THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE FOR THIS TRIP - 1000 GBP

THE COST OF THE AEROPLANE, BOAT OR TRAIN TICKETS - 650 GBP

THE COST OF ACCOMMODATION - MY FRIEND

COST OF YOUR LIVING EXPENSES - 200 GBP

IS SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOU PAYING FOR ALL OR A PART OF YOUR TRIP? YES

PLEASE SELECT WHAT THE RELATIONSHIP IS OF THE PERSON WHO IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE PAYMENT OF YOUR TRIP? UNCLE

HOW MUCH WILL THEY BE PAYING TOWARDS YOUR TRIP? - 1000 GBP

WHAT IS THE TOTAL AMOUNT? - 1000 GBP

Please I propose to spend 2 weeks. I have a closing balance of 1286 GBP in my Personal savings account and 300 GBP in my salary account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by faculty: 10:54am On Mar 29, 2016
Pls house, how can i pay for 5 years uk visa fee with the limit of 300 dollar on most cards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zoomzu(f): 8:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
Good Day Oga Justwise,

I am back with the analysis of my travel plan and to also know if the papers and explanations in additional information are relevant/necessary.

1. Type of Visa - General Visitor (2 years)
2. Purpose of the Trip - Visit
3. Duration - 2 weeks
4. Have you travelled before (Yes, 2 times - June (6days), September (30 days)
5. Salary after PFA deduction - 142,000
6. Amount spent monthly on living cost – N40,000
5. Amount Available for the trip – 2,392 GBP
6. Cost of flight and local travels – 798 GBP
7. Cost to me personally for the trip – 1,150 GBP (my calculation is N405/1GBP)
In addition to this analysis, I put in my cover/additional information, evidence of monthly paper signed by staff for some money received in cash i.e communication allowance, I was among 4 staff that received 2015 productivity award recently which come with cash bonus of N200,000 plus deposited in my other account, I am not presenting that account because I don’t run it often. I have official correspondence as regards the case give and photo of the award presentation. Is it also proper to present a letter from the cooperative where me and my have also have some savings?
I also wanted to point out that huge amount that form major part of the money in my account was taken from my savings with the office cooperative society (Cheque deposit from the cooperative) I will also attach the duplicate of the cheque. Is it also proper to include the evidence of property jointly acquired in my wife’s name for the expansion of family business being managed by my wife? I intend to travel between June and August during my leave. I have all the required papers from my cousin that will accommodate me for the two weeks visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:40am On Mar 30, 2016
zoomzu:
Good Day Oga Justwise,

I am back with the analysis of my travel plan and to also know if the papers and explanations in additional information are relevant/necessary.

1. Type of Visa - General Visitor (2 years)
2. Purpose of the Trip - Visit
3. Duration - 2 weeks
4. Have you travelled before (Yes, 2 times - June (6days), September (30 days)
5. Salary after PFA deduction - 142,000
6. Amount spent monthly on living cost – N40,000
5. Amount Available for the trip – 2,392 GBP
6. Cost of flight and local travels – 798 GBP
7. Cost to me personally for the trip – 1,150 GBP (my calculation is N405/1GBP)
In addition to this analysis, I put in my cover/additional information, evidence of monthly paper signed by staff for some money received in cash i.e communication allowance, I was among 4 staff that received 2015 productivity award recently which come with cash bonus of N200,000 plus deposited in my other account, I am not presenting that account because I don’t run it often. I have official correspondence as regards the case give and photo of the award presentation. Is it also proper to present a letter from the cooperative where me and my have also have some savings?
I also wanted to point out that huge amount that form major part of the money in my account was taken from my savings with the office cooperative society (Cheque deposit from the cooperative) I will also attach the duplicate of the cheque. Is it also proper to include the evidence of property jointly acquired in my wife’s name for the expansion of family business being managed by my wife? I intend to travel between June and August during my leave. I have all the required papers from my cousin that will accommodate me for the two weeks visit.

Not running it properly does not mean that you can't present it, just saying that you have other account without presenting it will not convince anybody let a lone the ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 6:40am On Mar 30, 2016
faculty:
Pls house, how can i pay for 5 years uk visa fee with the limit of 300 dollar on most cards
some banks allow a one-off transaction of $1000 a month eg access and GTB.

Ps: Access bank rates are outrageous!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Komfo: 6:57am On Mar 30, 2016
Komfo:

Please I am very nervous
Can anyone please let me know the outcome of the visa due to the wording of the email received?

I am still nervous as the waiting continues. Has anyone got any idea about this mail whether visa is granted?
Thanks

Type of Visa Applied: General Visit visa from Ghana

Your Visa Application: VAF XXXXXX

Dear Full Name,

Regarding Visa Application: GWFXXXXXXXX
For: Full Name,

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the Decision Making Centre in Sheffield, UK. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre will be returned there for you to collect.

Applications submitted in Nigeria Visa Application Centres, Accra, Yaounde, Dakar, Banjul will be available for collection 3 - 5 days after receipt of this email. Please do not attend these VACs until this time has passed, or until you are notified that your documents are ready for collection.

If your visa has been Issued after a successful Appeal please go to the VAC 5 days after the receipt of this email. The VAC will not contact you regarding this.

Applications submitted at the mobile VACs in Abidjan and Freetown will be returned by courier directly to the address you have provided.

You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office unless you have made your application in North America and submitted a pre-paid courier envelope for your documents to be returned directly to you. If so you will also receive a further email with the courier tracking reference. Please note that if you applied at the Toronto Visa Application Centre on or after 28 April 2015, and have paid for your documents to be returned directly to you, you will shortly receive your tracking number from the Visa Application Centre rather than from this office.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

This is an automated message – please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

***********************************************************************************
Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
***********************************************************************************
Forward
View Gmail in: Mobile | Older version | Desktop
© 2016 Google
Application Received by UK Visas & Immigration
TMonday
TLScontact

[b]
Please can someone shares an idea whether visa is granted or rejected?
Many thanks
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Share (Un-Share)
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zoomzu(f): 7:24am On Mar 30, 2016
justwise:

Not running it properly does not mean that you can't present it, just saying that you have other account without presenting it will not convince anybody let a lone the ECO.

Thank you Oga Justwise?

What I meant by that statement was that, it will be reflected in my salary account I am presenting that certain amount was transferred from my other account to it, not that I will put the highlighted text in my application. what's your opinion on other issues raised? God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 30, 2016
Komfo

I know this may not be what you want to hear but the fact is

The decision has been made

No amount of nerves will change what is there.

The only way of knowing is when you pick ur documents.

Relax besides a refusal is not the end of the world.

In the end it could be an approval.

Whichever way stop fretting over what is done.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
salsera:
Komfo

I know this may not be what you want to hear but the fact is

The decision has been made

No amount of nerves will change what is there.

The only way of knowing is when you pick ur documents.

Relax besides a refusal is not the end of the world.

In the end it could be an approval.

Whichever way stop fretting over what is done.

From an Indian forum I followed sometime, there is a chance @komfo's visa has been approved. 96% of visa applicants on that forum with VAF reference got their visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

From an Indian forum I followed sometime, there is a chance @komfo's visa has been approved. 96% of visa applicants on that forum with VAF reference got their visa.

Kindly explain .... @frontpagelawyer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Komfo: 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Thanks
Amen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2016
askari01:

Kindly explain .... @frontpagelawyer

It's from a forum; applicants are mostly indians and pakistanians.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zoomzu(f): 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
Oga Justwise and Frontpagelawyer, I am humbly awaiting your responses on my issue. Thank you for your helps at all times.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Not true.

ALL applications sent to/treated at Sheffield have VAF reference.

Komfo, Massa stop acting like a kuraseni pacho cheesy , go pick your package.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
zoomzu:

Thank you Oga Justwise?

What I meant by that statement was that, it will be reflected in my salary account I am presenting that certain amount was transferred from my other account to it, not that I will put the highlighted text in my application. what's your opinion on other issues raised? God bless.

If you don't present the other account how will the ECO know where the money in your salary account came from?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

We have argued this many times here that VAF- (Visa Application Form) is not an indication that you have been given a visa or denied. Whichever way you still have that in their email heading.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zoomzu(f): 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2016
justwise:

If you don't present the other account how will the ECO know where the money in your salary account came from?

It was a cash deposit, thats why I will present the copy of the memo/official document signed by me and other recipients of the cash gift and photograph of the award presentation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2016
zoomzu:

It was a cash deposit, thats why I will present the copy of the memo/official document signed by me and other recipients of the cash gift and photograph of the award presentation.

Ok, hope it works out for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tembuk(m): 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hello all,
Please i need a little clarification on USA invite, i have a friend who sent me an invitation letter as at 2nd Feb 2016 but due to some reason i am yet to file in my application, i will be filling in my application on or before end of April, will it affect my visa as the invitation is dated 2nd Feb 2016 or is it advisable i request another?

Just wise and all please i need your advice on this matter.

Thanks all and you guys are doing a good job helping us here.................
GQ
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
tembuk:
Hello all,
Please i need a little clarification on USA invite, i have a friend who sent me an invitation letter as at 2nd Feb 2016 but due to some reason i am yet to file in my application, i will be filling in my application on or before end of April, will it affect my visa as the invitation is dated 2nd Feb 2016 or is it advisable i request another?

Just wise and all please i need your advice on this matter.

Thanks all and you guys are doing a good job helping us here.................
GQ

Go to the USA visit visa thread.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jibbie: 10:53pm On Mar 31, 2016
Dear Nairalanders, Pls what type of VAF form should I fill for my UK Visa application if the invite is from a Cousin?
VAF1A-General visit
VAF1B-Family visit
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:19am On Apr 01, 2016
jibbie:
Dear Nairalanders, Pls what type of VAF form should I fill for my UK Visa application if the invite is from a Cousin?
VAF1A-General visit
VAF1B-Family visit
Thanks

I don't think the Family Visit Visa is an option for you due to ineligible family relationship. To come to the UK as a family visitor, you must be able to show that you will be visiting the following family members in the UK:

spouse or civil partner
children
parents or siblings
grandparents or grandchildren
your spouse’s or civil partner’s siblings or parents
your child’s spouse or civil partner
step parents, step children or step siblings
a person you've been living with in a long-term relationship, as if you were married or in a civil partnership, for at least 2 years before the day you apply

A cousin does not fall in any of the categories listed above, therefore you should come to the UK as a general visitor.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nwank85(f): 1:25pm On Apr 01, 2016
Vicjustice:

FrontPageLawyer has done justice to your question, the only point that i like to add is to question number 1 regarding proof of residence.
Tenancy agreement alone is not enough evidence that your husband resides in the said property: he needs a supporting utility bill to prove this.
@Abnot, vicjustice, frontpagelawyer, justwise and other folks that assisted me during the period of waiting to get my visa, God bless you all. I have collected my visa. I am grateful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:16pm On Apr 01, 2016
nwank85:

@Abnot, vicjustice, frontpagelawyer, justwise and other folks that assisted me during the period of waiting to get my visa, God bless you all. I have collected my visa. I am grateful.

Congratulations.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PresVA: 4:29pm On Apr 01, 2016
My sister was denied a family visit visa today on account of no family or social ties in Nigeria, hence they doubt if she's genuinely seeking a visa for the period and purpose stated.. That there's no commitment for which she must come bk to Nigeria...

My sister may not have strong ties but her purpose was genuine.. really wish there's a way they could tell if someone is sincere or not..

It's just sad but life goes on...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
nwank85:

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monspubis: 7:48am On Apr 02, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

He doesn't really need to apologise. He wasn't employed to gossip, but to protect the UK border. I was also swabbed while I was returning to Nigeria from Manchester, but I wasn't bothered one bit even if it takes forever.
Please is NySC a good enough tie for uk visit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2016
Monspubis:

Please is NySC a good enough tie for uk visit visa
Outside of Nigeria NYSC means nothing and is worthless.
It will not act as a tie to home for UK visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monspubis: 8:11am On Apr 02, 2016
worry359:

Outside of Nigeria NYSC means nothing and is worthless.
It will not act as a tie to home for UK visa application.
Thanks
What will you suggest to someone (a doc), who just finished internship(consequently currently unemployed) and chilling for nysc but intends to write an exam in UK in d coming months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.