Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1544343 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 6:43am On Apr 06, 2016
Monspubis:

Ok please I hv another question,what really constitutes a good bank statement?the account I plan to use is a business account(my mums),d issue is she deposits large chunks and withdraws same.sometimes she leaves very low balance in the account.My question is if d ECO looks at d balance over d 6 month period or just d turnover of d account as well as the balance when the statement is requested?
Thank u
Your mom's business account for you is not a good one at all.
If your mom must sponsor you, then she'd have to use her personal savings or current account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monspubis: 9:51am On Apr 06, 2016
ifyalways:

Your mom's business account for you is not a good one at all.
If your mom must sponsor you, then she'd have to use her personal savings or current account.
Wow.even if she z the sole signatory to the account?
My other option would be my guardian then,how about that?
Or alternatively,can I use my mums and guardians?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hi justwise and everyone on this platform, please i wanted to find out what I need to do...I have a 2yrs UK visa ,my hubby has a 6month UK visa dat just expired.and we intend to go for our summer holidays in August
1. Please does he need to apply for 2years or 5 years,

2. Do I need to include my intl passport in his application when he intends to apply or jus a photocopy of the data page.

3. Also it is impt to state that I am the one sponsoring the trip..what documents as a sponsor do i need to add to his application?

God bless as u respond

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2016
My people, My people, Goodnews don land oooo, Mr Justwise, Frontpagelawyer, worry.., iblaw and others, with the grace of God and informations from here, My friend who applied for UK visa some weeks ago, got his package this morning, when we opened the package, We saw 6 month UK visa smiling on the passport... Thanks so much for ur time and contribution my people... More power to your elbow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
askari01:
My people, My people, Goodnews don land oooo, Mr Justwise, Frontpagelawyer, worry.., iblaw and others, with the grace of God and informations from here, My friend who applied for UK visa some weeks ago, got his package this morning, when we opened the package, We saw 6 month UK visa smiling on the passport... Thanks so much for ur time and contribution my people... More power to your elbow.

Congratulations my broda. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 2:29pm On Apr 06, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Congratulations my broda. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks my broda...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NJN: 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
NJN:

My friend does business.

Meanwhile.. I intend to use my account as evidence of fund and all that. Is that ok? If yes.. is it ok to use my UK account or Naija account?

And lastly, how much is ok to be shown, does the money have to be in the account for a while (like the tier4 visa thingy) and how long must the account statement be?

Sorry about the plenty questions. Alternatively, if I could get referred to a site that has ll these answers..I'll be glad.

Thanks.

Gurus in the house.. I'll appreciate if you can please look into my loong list of enquiries ... smiley (person wey dey enquire no dey miss road grin)

Hello house, could someone be kind enough to please assist with these enquiries.. much appreciated in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 5:11pm On Apr 06, 2016
Monspubis:

Wow.even if she z the sole signatory to the account?
My other option would be my guardian then,how about that?
Or alternatively,can I use my mums and guardians?
This query has been succinctly treated here. Business money is not for vacation or fun. It can only be used when a staff or MD is going on business related travel.

How old are you and are you unemployed? Anyone that wants to sponsor you asides your parents, spouse or sibling would have to bring SOLID reasons s/he is sponsoring your holidays and also present a personal bank statement.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2016
NJN:

Hello house, could someone be kind enough to please assist with these enquiries.. much appreciated in advance.
Doesnt look good you sponsoring your friend. It implies s/he's got nothing to fall back on here hence very likely to migrate.

Your friend does business, according to you, why then is he having problems sponsoring him/her self undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monspubis: 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2016
ifyalways:

This query has been succinctly treated here. Business money is not for vacation or fun. It can only be used when a staff or MD is going on business related travel.

How old are you and are you unemployed? Anyone that wants to sponsor you asides your parents, spouse or sibling would have to bring SOLID reasons s/he is sponsoring your holidays and also present a personal bank statement.
Thanks for ur tym bro.don't mind me am just confused really.
I just clocked 23.And its not a holiday.Its a rate limiting exam to become registered to practice in UK and few other places.My mums business is sort of a sole venture,she doesn't pay staffs,and she z the sole signatory to the account.Dunno if you can advise me properly now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 5:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
Monspubis:

Thanks for ur tym bro.don't mind me am just confused really.
I just clocked 23.And its not a holiday.Its a rate limiting exam to become registered to practice in UK and few other places.My mums business is sort of a sole venture,she doesn't pay staffs,and she z the sole signatory to the account.Dunno if you can advise me properly now.
I don dey tire sha.

Your mom cannot sponsor you with an account that bears business name. End of discussion !

Does your mom not have any other account on her name? Your dad or siblings nko?

Your age is acceptable and OK for someone else to sponsor you but whoever it is has to do so with his or her personal bank account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hi justwise,iblaw,front-page lawyer and everyone on this platform, please i wanted to find out what I need to do...I have a 2yrs UK visa ,my hubby has a 6month UK visa dat just expired.and we intend to go for our summer holidays in August

2. Do I need to include my intl passport in his application when he intends to apply or jus a photocopy of the data page.

3. Also it is impt to state that I am the one sponsoring the trip..what documents as a sponsor do i need to add to his application?

God bless as u respond

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
[quote author=askari01 post=44459416]My people, My people, Goodnews don land oooo, Mr Justwise, Frontpagelawyer, worry.., iblaw and others, with the grace of God and informations from here, My friend who applied for UK visa some weeks ago, got his package this morning, when we opened the package, We saw 6 month UK visa smiling on the passport... Thanks so much for ur time and contribution my people... More power to your elbow. [/quote

Congrats, from when you said your friends mum was called, i had a feeling visa will be issued
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
[quote author=iblaw post=44468314][/quote]

Yeah, That's true... We submitted @ Church gate V.I on 18th March, which was on a Friday and His Mum got the call from Sheffield on 21st, Monday Morning and the Visa was issued on 30th after they must have done other scrutiny. Package arrived today, 6th April. That's about 15 working days with courier delivery. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
ifyalways:

How..... personal bank statement.

The statement that biz money is not for "vacation" & can only be used Wen MD is going on "biz related journey" MAY not be correct after all. I used my corporate account for my family (of four) visa n we were all granted 6months multiple entry.
Furthermore, I ignorantly didn't include my personal account nor my wife's, no Tax clearance whatsoever, included No intinery. Infact The VO had to call to inquire about our intinery and few things. We submitted and did data capture on a Friday, got a call next Monday, picked passport with visa (Stamped dated Monday) on Wednesday.
Summarily, sincerity of purpose is all you need as an applicant.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
NJN:

My friend does business.

Meanwhile.. I intend to use my account as evidence of fund and all that. Is that ok? If yes.. is it ok to use my UK account or Naija account?

And lastly, how much is ok to be shown, does the money have to be in the account for a while (like the tier4 visa thingy) and how long must the account statement be?

Sorry about the plenty questions. Alternatively, if I could get referred to a site that has ll these answers..I'll be glad.

Thanks.

Gurus in the house.. I'll appreciate if you can please look into my loong list of enquiries ... smiley (person wey dey enquire no dey miss road grin)

Are you sponsoring him because he can't afford to sponsor himself?

Is his business registered and making good profit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
nairacountry:

The statement that biz money is not for "vacation" & can only be used Wen MD is going on "biz related journey" MAY not be correct after all. I used my corporate account for my family (of four) visa n we were all granted 6months multiple entry.
Furthermore, I ignorantly didn't include my personal account nor my wife's, no Tax clearance whatsoever, included No intinery. Infact The VO had to call to inquire about our intinery and few things. We submitted and did data capture on a Friday, got a call next Monday, picked passport with visa (Stamped dated Monday) on Wednesday.

I really don't know what you meant by that. Business money is for the running of the business and not for leisure trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
askari01:

Congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:57pm On Apr 06, 2016
yolemum:
Hi justwise,iblaw,front-page lawyer and everyone on this platform, please i wanted to find out what I need to do...I have a 2yrs UK visa ,my hubby has a 6month UK visa dat just expired.and we intend to go for our summer holidays in August

God bless as u respond

Thanks

1. 2 years but if he is a frequent traveler to the UK then 5 years.

2. Photocopy will do.

3. Bank statement and proof of your source of income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NJN: 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
ifyalways:

Doesnt look good you sponsoring your friend. It implies s/he's got nothing to fall back on here hence very likely to migrate.

Your friend does business, according to you, why then is he having problems sponsoring him/her self undecided

Lol.. Nairalanders... neva said my friend has problem with self-sponsoring o... not at all. don't you think there might be reasons for that (which probably I do not wanna reveal here smiley and I assure.. they are COMPLETELY legal.. don't just wanna disclose somethings...lol). So, that's outta the way... I get the message u r tryna pass.

What about the other enquiries? Any advice on them?

Thanks... i appreciate too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NJN: 9:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
justwise:

Are you sponsoring him because he can't afford to sponsor himself?

Is his business registered and making good profit?

Ok.. The part of who's sponsoring who's completely taking care of......

Could you please assist with the other enquiries..

Thanks to you in advance...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 10:47am On Apr 07, 2016
nairacountry:

Really? No tax clearance, no personal account statements, no itinerary etc . . . . .
The VO called you from Shefield or Abuja ?

Your story and case is very unique, honestly , very hard to believe but its fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
ifyalways:

Really? No tax clearance, no personal account statements, no itinerary etc . . . . .
The VO called you from Shefield or Abuja ?
Your story and case is very unique, honestly , very hard to believe but its fine.

Unique? I'm lucky then. The more reason I know there is a God who loves me.
It was a 094****** that called. Could you believe that I asked the person that called to call me back after identifying himself; I was actually in the middle of something. We agreed to 2hrs time, which he did call 2hrs 2?mins.
Phone rang (same number)
Me : picked the call
VO: hello Mr xyz, are you free at this moment
Me: sure
VO: can you hear me clearly?
Me: positive
VO: you applied for UK visa....
Me: *cuts in* actually for me and my entire family members
VO: great! How long will you be staying in the UK?
Me: 10nites between 24th March to 3rd of April
VO:what line of biz is your coy into?
Me: replied*
VO: okay. What are your intinery
Me: as for me, a tour of the Stamford Bridge will be a dream come true and my children and wife as more than necessary places of call ranging from the Buckiham Palace, Windsor castle, ZSL London zoo, the Coca-Cola London....
VO: *cuts in* I c. What of the emirates stadium (giggling)
Me: you must be kidding right? Ain't got no money to throw on that edifice. By the way, you must be an Arsenal fan right? (me just ask to create unnecessary familiarity u know)
VO: *ignore my rhetoric* how many staff do you have in ZYX coy?
Me; *wanted to inflate the no, but unconsciously, I said the thruth* Four of us
VO: who will u be staying with in Uk?
Me: we will lodge in hotel
VO: would you like to ask any question(s)
Me: hmmmnn.... Nothing really than are you an Arsenal fan?
VO: *giggled aloud* Yea
Me: *laugh aloud but cut-short by his next question*
VO: Do you KNOW anybody in the UK?
Me: *sternly* I know Nobody
VO: okay. Would you mind picking your passport this week?
Me: sure. I'm available.
VO: alright, we will get back to you. Bye (not sure if I had that 'bye' though before the line went dead).

Like wise, we had a smooth transition at the UKB. Though we spent almost 2hrs on queue, we spent just 3mins with the border police. He simply asked 2questions; the days we will spend and where we will stay. As per the place we will stay, I have a cousin who was to accommodate us, but I left him out of the picture coz, 1. I didn't want to bother him with documentation if he is to invite us. 2. Frankly I wasn't sure if his accommodation can contain another family of four which I presumed may affect our chances if not ample enough.
Having said that, I left the column for 'UK address' blank in the port of entry card given to us prior to landing. The border police had to use his pen write the hotel I mentioned for him when he asked where we will be staying.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
nairacountry:

It was a 094****** that called. Could you believe that I asked the person that called to call me back after identifying himself; I was actually in the middle of something. We agreed to 2hrs time, which he did call 2hrs 2?mins.
Phone rang (same number)
Me: as for me, a tour of the Stamford Bridge will be a dream come true and my children and wife as more than necessary places of call ranging from the Buckiham Palace, Windsor castle, ZSL London zoo, the Coca-Cola London....
Me: you must be kidding right? Ain't got no money to throw on that edifice. By the way, you must be an Arsenal fan right? (me just ask to create unnecessary familiarity u know)
VO: alright, we will get back to you. Bye (not sure if I had that 'bye' though before the line went dead).

Like wise, we had a smooth transition at the UKB. Though we spent almost 2hrs on queue, we spent just 3mins with the border police. He simply asked 2questions; the days we will spend and where we will stay. As per the place we will stay, I have a cousin who was to accommodate us, but I left him out of the picture coz, 1. I didn't want to bother him with documentation if he is to invite us. 2. Frankly I wasn't sure if his accommodation can contain another family of four which I presumed may affect our chances if not ample enough.
Having said that, I left the column for 'UK address' blank in the port of entry card given to us prior to landing. The border police had to use his pen write the hotel I mentioned for him when he asked where we will be staying.

Wow. Thanks for sharing. Anything can happen, but I must say you're 1 in 100 that will be granted a visa in this scenario.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kennycanny: 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2016
nairacountry:

Phone rang (same number)

Wao . you are extremely Lucky I must tell you. The VOs normally will always look for loop holes to refuse applicant. In fact they usually look for reasons to refuse applicants and not reasons to give.
On your case you gave them more than enough reasons to refuse you , but they were looking for reasons to grant you.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 2:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
kennycanny:

Wao . you are extremely Lucky I must tell you. The VOs normally will always look for loop holes to refuse applicant. In fact they usually look for reasons to refuse applicants and not reasons to give.
On your case you gave them more than enough reasons to refuse you , but they were looking for reasons to grant you.

FrontPageLawyer:

Wow. Thanks for sharing. Anything can happen, but I must say you're 1 in 100 that will be granted a visa in this scenario.

Hmmnn...... I truly serve a living God!
I started the process like play, like play o (lol). But immediately the visa fee of $128 was deducted from my account, I said to myself, no going back. Then I did entries for the rest of my family members. Did pick the next Friday as data capture date.
Documents submitted :
1. Marriage certificate and couple of my family pictures
2. A letter from my wife's office that she desires to spend her Easter hols in uk wit her hubby & kids
3. Letter from my children school
4. My corporate account stmnt (7months)
5. A letter from my banker that I'm the sole signatory
6. Board resolution signed (by me & a staff) & sealed letter (on coy letterhead) from my coy that I will be proceeding on my annual leave between March ending and mid-April
7. Another letter stating that the coy Secretary (D 2nd signature above) will be running the affairs of the coy while I am away on holiday with my family.
8. I included: my vehicle license due for renewal in March and another Toks (bill of landing, receipts, registration etc) car I bought in February (evidence of transfer of 80% value on d car receipt from the coy account)
9. Docs of landed properties in our names (me & wiffy).
10. My children's birth cert.
In all, we submitted genuine docs. whether applicable or not, we submitted all I could lay my hand on.
As a matter of fact, I wanted my banker to give me a letter stating that my wife is one of the coy directors, but they said they don't give such letter except she is a signatory to the account.
I later included her as a signatory (though late for the UK submission), to forstal future issue like this coz I believe embassy would want to know why she should enjoy the benefit from the company if not a party/involved in d coy.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by LilMizHottie: 12:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
Good afternoon house, I want to apply for 2yrs UK visa as I intend to go on holiday as well as buy some goods for business, my last visa was in 2010 (6months), which I honoured and adhere to. My challenge is I do not have a full-time employment as I run a small scale fashion apparel business, hence I have no letter of employment, pay slip, letter of introduction and what not. Though i have my business name officially registered with the CAC last month (March) and the last payslip I have from my previous employer was in December 2015, pls how do u proceed with my application. Though I hold a recently expired schengen visa on my passport will this help in convincing d embassy I have no intention to run if my application is granted. Also I do not have an external sponsor as I intend to bear full financial cost for this trip. Your urgent response advise is absolutely appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by momoyama: 12:52pm On Apr 10, 2016
HOLY COW! You had to go through all that just to get a visa to visit the UK?
nairacountry:

Hmmnn...... I truly serve a living God!
I started the process like play, like play o (lol). But immediately the visa fee of $128 was deducted from my account, I said to myself, no going back. Then I did entries for the rest of my family members. Did pick the next Friday as data capture date.
Documents submitted :
1. Marriage certificate and couple of my family pictures
2. A letter from my wife's office that she desires to spend her Easter hols in uk wit her hubby & kids
3. Letter from my children school
4. My corporate account stmnt (7months)
5. A letter from my banker that I'm the sole signatory
6. Board resolution signed (by me & a staff) & sealed letter (on coy letterhead) from my coy that I will be proceeding on my annual leave between March ending and mid-April
7. Another letter stating that the coy Secretary (D 2nd signature above) will be running the affairs of the coy while I am away on holiday with my family.
8. I included: my vehicle license due for renewal in March and another Toks (bill of landing, receipts, registration etc) car I bought in February (evidence of transfer of 80% value on d car receipt from the coy account)
9. Docs of landed properties in our names (me & wiffy).
10. My children's birth cert.
In all, we submitted genuine docs. whether applicable or not, we submitted all I could lay my hand on.
As a matter of fact, I wanted my banker to give me a letter stating that my wife is one of the coy directors, but they said they don't give such letter except she is a signatory to the account.
I later included her as a signatory (though late for the UK submission), to forstal future issue like this coz I believe embassy would want to know why she should enjoy the benefit from the company if not a party/involved in d coy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blackme: 8:09am On Apr 11, 2016
kennycanny:

Another thing u should look into if u were not careful about it earlie the person inviting you state it clear that she ll b responsible for your feeding and accommodation ( if her house has extra space for you) and other normal expenses you may incure while you are there. so when filling money budgeted for the trip, you ll just put money that can take of the flight ticket, and little shopping. say like 180k . The ll tactically show that u can conveniently afford the trip , than putting a high budget that ll show big strain on your income/ account.

Thanks for you detailed response, I appreciate you. However i'll like to state that this issue goes beyond your suggestions or recommendations. With the aid of immigration solicitors we are discovering a huge cover up and gross misconduct at TLS contact VI. Pending the time we would get concrete evidence and verdict, i'll suggest that anyone applying for UK visa should do so via priority service. Don't mind the amount you'll pay just go through the priority service. I wouldn't want to make substantial allegations without sufficient proof so i'll just advice u to do the above. I'll inform the house as soon as the cover up is exposed and what really transpired. Good day to you all.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 11, 2016
blackme:

Thanks for you detailed response, I appreciate you. However i'll like to state that this issue goes beyond your suggestions or recommendations. With the aid of immigration solicitors we are discovering a huge cover up and gross misconduct at TLS contact VI. Pending the time we would get concrete evidence and verdict, i'll suggest that anyone applying for UK visa should do so via priority service. Don't mind the amount you'll pay just go through the priority service. I wouldn't want to make substantial allegations without sufficient proof so i'll just advice u to do the above. I'll inform the house as soon as the cover up is exposed and what really transpired. Good day to you all.
Then kindly do not advise people to pay extra for priority service based on allegations which you are yet to gather factual proof on neither are you ready to reveal the exposé here on a public forum.

If there is nothing concrete then don't raise suspicions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
blackme:

My Friend who got his visa Last week didn't pay for Priority service and he got his VISA. No Time to Waste Money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.