Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. (87264 Views)

Man Moves Daughter To Tears, Gifts Her New Ride At Her Convocation. Photos / Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) / Can You Send Your Child To This School ? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by OXYGEN01: 7:43am On Oct 12, 2015
whocanbewho:
you are an i.d.i.o.t, ghana is a developed country? Do you know what a developed country means? you consummate cynic, where is the better living condition in ghana.? A country of only 2 urban cities accra and kumasi in which one is the capital. We have the the biggest economy in Africa, what can we say about ghana.? Even kenya has better international reputation than ghana..poor country trying to feel among. I shouldn't be wasting my time replying you but I just find the whole thing disrespectful.
Look at this foolish terrorist.As big as your country is you only have one city and you are here making noise.People in Somalia are even more respected than you fools.Why do you think you fools are treated like animals wherever you go? Its a known fact that nigeria is the most useless country on earth with over 120 million of its populace living in abject poverty. Don't ever in your miserable terrorism life try and compare a useless filthy poverty infested zoo like mumugeria to ALMIGHTY GHANA.

1 Like

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 12, 2015
True op!
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by OXYGEN01: 7:54am On Oct 12, 2015
whocanbewho:
who's struggling to go to ghana.? Mayb the outcast ones thou, what is a true naija boy going to do iin that shiii.t hole. In my country, you dare not tell anyone you are going to ghana because people see it as a very insignificant place. I'm sure you read the news, our politicians steal money for fun that's because we have it in abundance. Yes we flood everywhere , there's no where on earth you won't find a nigerian. I call that the hustling spirits. Unlike you lazy bones.
If you claim Ghana is an "insignificant place then what's nigeria? A TYPICAL ZOO.You fools come to GHANA and when you return home you are treated like KINGs OR QUEENs.There are over 5 million mumugerians in currently and you are
talking nonsense. Who in his right mind will even dream of travelling to a useless filthy
poor pathetic zoo like nigeria?
Your former president was holding PHD IN ZOOLOGY. Your current president is a cattle rearer.Stu.pid animals being ruled by a zoologist and a cattle rearer.And when humans are talking you stu.pid animals wants to talk too.JUST IMAGINE!! Countries get levels, you should be competing with Somalia, Ira,Afghanistan, Sudan etc not A CIVILIZED MORE ORGANISED COUNTRY LIKE GHANA. Apart from boko haram, Ebola and a cattle rearer president what again do you fools have? You fools can't even pay public workers unless you borrow.FUCKIN EBA EATERS.

1 Like

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by richard870(m): 7:56am On Oct 12, 2015
Hizzy:
i how much
I can't be specific cuz diff schools wiv diff tuition fees.But an average of say $1500 per semester (for foreign students)
NB- d afforementioned fee is excluding of hostel/accomodation
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 12, 2015
janefrancisca:
Everybody papa no fit be like your own
Lol,it was all a joke. Which man no dey straff other girls or tell me,u don't taste other cocks.
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by Hasino2258: 8:01am On Oct 12, 2015
You are 100% percent right the rate of dropouts and olushos among student here is like 45 if not 50% among student am still in.gh facing my studies i only look up to God and may him save us all
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by bakynes(m): 8:02am On Oct 12, 2015
Please stop comparing Ghana with Nigeria. Nigeria is a bigger country in all capacity than Ghana. Even though Ghana is a stable country. In terms of Military Power we are number one in West Africa and third in Africa. UN mission and ECOMOG is constituted by the Nigerian Military. We have better cities than Ghana.Yes Ghana has better quality Education than Nigeria and stable democracy than Nigeria aside that Nigeria is bigger than Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by OXYGEN01: 8:14am On Oct 12, 2015
bakynes:
Please stop comparing Ghana with Nigeria. Nigeria is a bigger country in all capacity than Ghana. Even though Ghana is a stable country. In terms of Military Power we are number one in West Africa and third in Africa. UN mission and ECOMOG is constituted by the Nigerian Military. We have better cities than Ghana.Yes Ghana has better quality Education than Nigeria and stable democracy than Nigeria aside that Nigeria is bigger than Ghana.
You guys are really dumb .I've never heard any Ghanaian saying Ghana is bigger than nigeria. Have you? and why will we compare our country to a useless pathetic filthy country like nigeria? nigeria is big for nothing! There's only one city in nigeria and that's lagos. The rest are like villages in GHANA. Come to Ghana and have a feel of how cities should look like.Common bokoharam your useless army can't eradicate them and you are here talking about what? Are you really normal?Comparing a useless country like nigeria to Ghana is even an insult to GHANAIANS.You will never hear a Ghanaian trying to compare his/her country to a useless zoo like nigeria but on daily basis you fools are always trying to compare your pathetic zoo to Ghana. Starting from your stu.pid politicians to the last animal in that zoo.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by JonSnow(m): 8:19am On Oct 12, 2015
sltn:
ahh! but i thought you are dead!

Nope. Just asleep.. wink wink

I shall return soon.

1 Like

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by bakynes(m): 8:22am On Oct 12, 2015
OXYGEN01:
You guys are really dumb .I've never heard any Ghanaian saying Ghana is bigger than nigeria. Have you? and why will we compare our country to a useless pathetic filthy country like nigeria? nigeria is big for nothing! There's only one city in nigeria and that's lagos. The rest are like villages in GHANA. Come to Ghana and have a feel of how cities should look like.Common bokoharam your useless army can't eradicate them and you are here talking about what? Are you really normal?Comparing a useless country like nigeria to Ghana is even an insult to GHANAIANS.You will never hear a Ghanaian trying to compare his/her country to a useless zoo like nigeria but on daily basis you fools are always trying to compare your pathetic zoo to Ghana. Starting from your stu.pid politicians to the last animal in that zoo.
You are the fool here, thats because most of you don't go beyond Lagos. Have u been to the Capital City Abuja or the Port City, Port Harcourt, Kano city, Uyo. Your useless Accra cannot even be compared to Lagos not to talk of the Capital City Abuja. My friend go and sit down. Is it in Banking or telecommunications? You don't even have one single indigenous Telecomms company in your country, our banks are well on ground on your soil my friend Shut up. The Economy of one state is bigger than that of your country.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by adorable29(f): 8:32am On Oct 12, 2015
ayodele234:
If the thread is about women sleeping around then it shouldn't generate much comments. Women sleep around everywhere, just got back from Holland and I swear I started hating all women. Hopefully with time they will grow out of it and become responsible people.

And who do they sleep with?

THEMSELVES?

Just asking!

If your answer is MEN, then I think you should extend your hate to all HUMANS......

just saying!
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 12, 2015
boma95:

I can help maybe smiley

Add me on bbm lets chat better 7F33823D
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by dearpiriye: 8:46am On Oct 12, 2015
[quote author=boma95 post=38896229]

u didnt answer my questions. Do u have answers or not?
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by adorable29(f): 8:48am On Oct 12, 2015
Captainswag225:
its not abt having thick skin. We do that coz some of ur people believe any crap that is said abt ghanaians while most of the time, dis things turn out to be lies...... No country is perfect, we ghanaians dont attack nigeria for its imperfections so we expect same from u peepz.

Looll! Ghanaians don't need to attack Nigerians!

WE ARE VERY GOOD AT ATTACKING OURSELVES!

That is where the thick skin comes in. Say a thing about Naija that is although negative but has some truth in it. You will see the same naija pple joining you to bash their own country. Then afterwards go on to laugh at themselves.

But you Ghanaians especially those on this forum will hear a bitter truth about your country and start foaming in the mouth like epilepsy patients. Insisting everybody is lying, throwing tantrums and insults and denying every TRUTH!

You guys are just too sentimental! Lol !

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by Spydamannn(m): 8:56am On Oct 12, 2015
V0lv0:

Unfortunately black men crab mentality. My sh1t stinks less than your sh1t. I am better than you. My car is better than your car. My wife is prettier than your wife. Honestly I dunno when it will end. It's not just a Ghanaian and Nigerian thing but a black thing. AA don't like Africans and vice verse. Xenophobia here and there. Jealousy, envy, greed. I think our first step is holding our leaders responsible and accountable instead of fixating and arguing about what so and so country is doing. What their exchange rate is etc. I think we have to start within and home first before we move outwards. Has tribalism , corruption, poverty etc stopped? We must tackle one thing at a time

P.s i don't hate Nigeria or Nigerians, people should not take any of my comments on here to heart. I only serve what I get dished. In real life I have no problems with Nigerians.

Let me start by saying that Ghanaians and Nigerians are like two proud husband and wife.

They are madly in love with each other, yet hate each other's guts. They fight so much that on-lookers expect one to divorce the other. A few times, they attempted a separation, which ended up in tragedy of monumental proportions, but they soon came back together, like all great lovers do(stolen comment)

Maybe one day we will get there but for now I think we will always be fighting like cats and dogs
Best Post in the Thread...Spot On
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by oizapendent(f): 9:03am On Oct 12, 2015
bakynes:

You are the fool here, thats because most of you don't go beyond Lagos. Have u been to the Capital City Abuja or the Port City, Port Harcourt, Kano city, Uyo. Your useless Accra cannot even be compared to Lagos not to talk of the Capital City Abuja. My friend go and sit down. Is it in Banking or telecommunications? You don't even have one single indigenous Telecomms company in your country, our banks are well on ground on your soil my friend Shut up. The Economy of one state is bigger than that of your country.

Take a big hug bakynes
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by OXYGEN01: 9:04am On Oct 12, 2015
bakynes:

Accra is the second best city in AFRICA so don't go there Mr.terrorist .As I said you fools have no idea how a city should look like. Come to GHANA and see how cities should look like.And what telecommunication network are you talking about,glo? You mean the network with less than 10 customers in Ghana? Hahahaha and what banks are you talking about? Do you know the number of Banks in GHANA? Your stupidity is beyond redeemable.
Its a fact that your zoo country is big but what's special about being big?
Big without sense
Big without electricity
Big without good roads
Big with poor education system
Big with severe poverty
Big without security
Big with useless animals calling themselves as citizens
Big with terrorism
Big with countless slums and villages
BIG FOR NOTHING! !

2 Likes

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 12, 2015
most Nija fmal undagraj na hore
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 12, 2015
dhantey324:
Curse of spending our loot money is working. Lol..

At times though, some young people are just disorientated and live on the fast lane, e dey happen sha. 5 boys strafing. Choi!!

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by janefrancisca(f): 9:44am On Oct 12, 2015
BlackMaria:

Lol,it was all a joke. Which man no dey straff other girls or tell me,u don't taste other cocks.
Even if he straffs other girls, its not something i should concern myself with. Is cock food that i have to taste it?

1 Like

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by bakynes(m): 9:44am On Oct 12, 2015
OXYGEN01:
Accra is the second best city in AFRICA so don't go there Mr.terrorist .As I said you fools have no idea how a city should look like. Come to GHANA and see how cities should look like.And what telecommunication network are you talking about,glo? You mean the network with less than 10 customers in Ghana? Hahahaha and what banks are you talking about? Do you know the number of Banks in GHANA? Your stupidity is beyond redeemable.
Its a fact that your zoo country is big but what's special about being big?
Big without sense
Big without electricity
Big without good roads
Big with poor education system
Big with severe poverty
Big without security
Big with useless animals calling themselves as citizens
Big with terrorism
Big with countless slums and villages
BIG FOR NOTHING! !
Accra is the second best city in Africa in ur dreams not in reality. Like you don't ve Poverty in Ghana or slums, you think we don't hear of how Electricity has seriously diminished in Ghana. Don't you depend on Nigerian Gas to power ur Gas turbines. I don't ve to argue with a foolish Ghanaian like you I have better things to do.
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by Herrmes: 9:52am On Oct 12, 2015
Hizzy:

Hi I want to get admission there but I don't know how to start can you educate me Thanks
Are you really serious? And like what's the fees range you can afford?
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by Elxandre(m): 9:54am On Oct 12, 2015
ruggedtimi:
allnations uni..koftown
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by Herrmes: 9:59am On Oct 12, 2015
dumo1:

Dude m schooling in UCC too what level & department r u in?
400 level, Computer Science
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by K4: 9:59am On Oct 12, 2015
Hahahaha how is it my fault that your dustbin country is fvcked? Fake drugs,fake doctors, fake hospitals,fake people, fake country grin fuckeduppedness MUMUDOM REPUBLIC grin
janefrancisca:
eyah dis one don pain am o grin...oya sorry no too cry uncertified mumu tongue
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by janefrancisca(f): 10:00am On Oct 12, 2015
JiggamanGh:

To me the first was worst. The first was saying that in Ghana all the young girls are with kids. Ghana is an immoral place and not a good place for one to raise kids, that's why her dad forbade her from going to Ghana.

tongue, i was the one that said it and i no carry water for mouth before i talk am. Read most of the posts here, almost all the nigerian students have two or more negative to say about the students and the system. It all goes to show that the ghanaian environment is so polluted that someone who can't resist the stupid lifestyles tend to join them.
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by K4: 10:09am On Oct 12, 2015
You talk like a fool,huh? Ghana buys gas from you mudder fuggerz the same way Japan,italy, India and many other countries buy gas from you fools. How come you apes dont talk about those other countries.

You should be thanking us for buying your gas oooh! Were you magg0ts not flaring the gas and causing environmental nuisance before? Thank God Ghana us producing her own gas and does not have to depend on Shitland. Ghana is currently producing about 150 MM scf/d from the Jubilee, which is far more than we ever got from the Federal Republic of....... grin

bakynes:

Accra is the second best city in Africa in ur dreams not in reality. Like you don't ve Poverty in Ghana or slums, you think we don't hear of how Electricity has seriously diminished in Ghana. Don't you depend on Nigerian Gas to power ur Gas turbines. I don't ve to argue with a foolish Ghanaian like you I have better things to do.
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by achimotan(m): 10:15am On Oct 12, 2015
OXYGEN01:
With the world class universities in GHANA,why wont they misbehave.Imagine being in a university like this

Ashesi has set the standard for private universities in Ghana.Every year their students get internships with some of the best firms in the world like Goldman Sachs,Bank of America ,GE and the rest.

BANK OF AMERICA MERRILL LYNCH SELECTS TEN STUDENTS FOR 2015 SUMMER INTERNSHIPS

Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML) has selected ten Ashesi students for its 2015 summer internship programme in London. BAML’s highly competitive global summer internship programme provides a good introduction into the world of financial services for excellent students around the world.

Students that are selected gain from structured development programmes, networking opportunities and a mentor system that help them grow their careers.

The students, Sela Agbakpe ’15, Israel Agyeman-Prempeh ’16, Jessica Ali ’15, Effie Bartel-Kodwo ’16, Akosua Dei-Anang ’15, Justina Etteh ’15, Yaw Ohene ’15, Jesse Opoku Asiedu ’15, Peter Vanderpuye ’15 and Esi Yeboah ’15, will join other students from around the world in London to collaborate and learn from each other.

“I am really looking forward to engaging the people at BAML,” said Israel Agyemang-Prempeh ’16, who will be joining the Global Markets and Technology division. “The diversity will allow me to connect with some of the world’s best minds, and I look forward to improving my leadership and software development skills.”

The ten students are the second group of students to be hired for internships at the global banking giant. The first group of students selected in 2014, Phoebe Amoako ’16, Efua Graham ’15 and Sandra Aminarh ’15, have all received full-time job offers from the bank.

“We are excited that BAML has been impressed with the students they have recruited from Ashesi so far,” said Assistant Director of Career Services, Esi Bentsi-Enchill. “This shows the competitive edge of Ashesi students globally. Internship opportunities like these help students develop strong career skills, and better prepares them for the world stage. We look forward to strengthening our collaboration.”

Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses. The bank has offices in 23 countries on three continents, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise.
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by achimotan(m): 10:15am On Oct 12, 2015
GOLDMAN SACHS SELECTS SIX ASHESI STUDENTS FOR SPRING 2014 INTERNSHIPS IN LONDON

S[b]ix Ashesi students have been selected to participate in the Goldman Sachs 2014 Spring Internship in London. The Goldman Sachs Spring Internship Programme is designed to allow excellent undergraduate students gain insights into working at the highest levels of the global securities and investment management industry.

This is the highest number of students that Goldman Sachs has recruited from Ashesi since they started recruiting from Ashesi in 2006. In 2012 and 2013, all Goldman Sachs interns from Ghana came from Ashesi. The students selected this year are Phoebe Amoako ‘15, Desmond Darlington ’16, Wumpini Hussein ’14, Abena Gyekye ’15, Effie Bartels-Kodwo ’16 and Amanda Ofosu-Siaw ‘15.

I enjoy knowledge acquisition and expect that my experience with Goldman Sachs will give me insight into how technology is driving the global industry,” said Wumpini Hussein ’14. “I expect a fast-paced environment that will foster creativity, initiative and growth.”

The six students, together with several other bright students from around the world, will be flown to London next week to spend two weeks gaining insight into working in different divisions at Goldman Sachs. The programme will have the students participating in seminars, presentations, exciting group assignments and give them an opportunity to meet top business leaders in London.

“I hope this internship helps me better understand how to analyse and value investments,” Abena Gyekye ’15 added. “I am also hoping to meet different people from diverse cultural backgrounds, and gain valuable networking skills.”

Goldman Sachs is a global investment-banking firm, and offers diverse financial services to a wide client base. Candidates who apply to the firm are evaluated on the core measures of leadership, analytical thinking, teamwork, commercial focus achievement and the ability to make an impact. This will be the ninth year in a row that the firm is selecting students from Ashesi to join its team in London.[/b]
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by achimotan(m): 10:16am On Oct 12, 2015
One of the best Universities in Ghana attracting students all over Africa

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by achimotan(m): 10:18am On Oct 12, 2015
Ashesi University College, Berekuso – December 15, 2011 - On Tuesday 13th December 2011, Executives from General Electric (GE) Africa hosted an event to announce the selection of Ashesi University College as one of GE’s Executive Schools worldwide.

Speaking at the launch, Mr. Abu Sulemana, GE Africa’s Chief Information Officer, gave a brief overview of GE’s business worldwide and shared GE’s engagement with the African continent. Last year, GE was named Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company, and was ranked by Fortune as one of the world’s most admired companies. Mr. Sulemana (who just joined GE Africa from GE Healthcare in Princeton, New Jersey) explained that GE has identified a need to invest more in Africa, to spur development on the continent and in GE’s business.

The GE Executive Schools, which include the Massachusetts Institute of technology (MIT) and Cornell University, “are selected based on academic excellence and GE’s ability to build a recruiting team with the alumni of the school, among many other factors.” In Africa, Ashesi is the second school (and the first in Ghana) to be selected to join the GE Executive Schools list. University of Dayton reports that almost 70% of GE’s interns and college hires comes from this list of schools.[/color]

Mr. Kunle Olaifa, GE’s Talent Acquisition Leader for Sub-Sahara Africa and GE Relations Manager for Ashesi, who also spoke at the event, said that he was very enthusiastic about GE’s relationship with Ashesi. Mr. Olaifa explained that even though it was the second university in Africa GE was partnering with, Ashesi is currently the leader in terms of Return on Investment (ROI) for GE Africa. He further stated that a university like Ashesi, which shared very similar values with GE, was a model for other universities in Africa. Mr. Olaifa also shared his excitement for the Ashesi Honour Code and explained that he had become an evangelist for the system in his home country Nigeria and other parts of Africa. Within the last 18 months, GE has recruited 8 Ashesi graduates, and currently has one student interning with the GE Ghana office.

GE’s partnership with Ashesi will be aimed at talent identification, developing focused relationships and increasing placement for Ashesi’s graduates in GE. The partnership would see a rise in several GE related activities at Ashesi, including leadership workshops with some of GE’s global executives, and would allow more opportunities for Ashesi’s students to intern at GE’s offices. Also, the GE relationship with Ashesi would extend to the university’s alumni who may be interested in working with GE Africa.
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. by K4: 10:21am On Oct 12, 2015
Another rant from the fool.are you saying your fuelish countrymen and women back in Shitnigeria are saints. You probably don't know Ghanaians resent you fools because if your immoral behaviours,huh? You also dont seem to know that your shitty country, yes that smelly sh1thole called nigeria has far more incidences of teenage pregnancy per capita than Ghana,according to WHO,huh? Almost twice nigerian teenagers get pregnant than those from Ghana. Hahahaha very fuelish ignorant shitnigerians! A fool who live in a glass house throwing stones,huh? Fuckeduppedness grin

janefrancisca:
tongue, i was the one that said it and i no carry water for mouth before i talk am. Read most of the posts here, almost all the nigerian students have two or more negative to say about the students and the system. It all goes to show that the ghanaian environment is so polluted that someone who can't resist the stupid lifestyles tend to join them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

"Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio / Federal Polytechnic Ede 2012/2013 Admissions / Last Instagram Post Of UNILAG Student Who Died After An Outing With Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.