Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536828 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
nefertitiram:

Lol, I just got back from Enugu. Quite a tiring trip! Fkng Arik refused to lift me cos I got to d counter 4 mins late.

Dats hw I took bus ds morning with baby!!! Na God go punish d life of those airline officials!

Anyways, back to topic, saying he wants to go to US to import cars will count against him. Av seen too many guys denied for that purpose of trip
Nnoo. U for enter God is good. Pelee
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Nnoo. U for enter God is good. Pelee

Got to d park at 7;30am, dey had jst sold d last ticket. All of dem, no fuel.

Ended up taking one nameless sienna.

Left at 10am, got to mowe at 3;08pm. Didn't get home till 7pm. Lagos traffic
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Chai @FPL na charge and bail you de do?
#dodgesbullet cheesy

Iron LadyG. Wetin I do again? Your boy is loyal
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sabrinaqueenzy: 10:35pm On Apr 05, 2016
Beniyoha01:

*Applying after the wedding is better
*you didn't state nada about his travel history, job/earning
*Note: Honeymooning after wedding is a no no... you could only claim such if he was applying before the wedding.

Thanks for you reply
He is a technical engineer in a big media house in Nigeria
And his monthly take home is 180k
He schooled in a technical school in south Africa
And he has 2 south African visa in his passport and 2years residence permit... Of which he has been in Nigeria since thou working
Thats his only travel history...
Should we state we are going for vacation becos we plan going by November dis year...after my wedding which is in july
And he will also take leave letter from his office. Stating he is on leave by that time.
Please whats the best way to apply since Stating honey moon after wedding is a no no
Thanks for your response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Herbwise(m): 10:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
Gurus in the house I greet you all. My friend got married to an American last two months, here in Lagos, Ikoyi Registry. He has already started processing his papers to join his wife over there. That will take some time.

Now he wants to apply for VISITING VISA, because he is missing his wife.

Please what are his chances of getting the visiting visa? what do you advice please?
Should he go ahead to apply for d visit visa or will that cause problem ?

Thanks for your response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shemshem: 10:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

In adjudicating the applications of your infant, the visa officer will most likely look at your social, family, and economic ties. You didn't do justice to all that. I will advise you re-apply, but you will have to show further evidence of your ties or how your circumstances have changed.
Yes. Thanks. Giving further evidence of ties, what documents do I go with or do I have to demonstrate that in the next interview. Thanks for your response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
shemshem:

Yes. Thanks. Giving further evidence of ties, what documents do I go with or do I have to demonstrate that in the next interview. Thanks for your response

Visa officers seldom dwell upon documents. What is at issue is intent. They don't believe documents will establish your intentions. You will need to demonstrate to the officer that you have what it takes to travel and return back home to family and business "employment, business, financial, family, properties etc" They weigh your answers to questions asked with the specific facts of your case.

And most importantly your purpose of travel must be genuine and make sense economically. Your stated intent must not conflicts with the facts presented.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
Herbwise:
Gurus in the house I greet you all. My friend got married to an American last two months, here in Lagos, Ikoyi Registry. He has already started processing his papers to join his wife over there. That will take some time.

Please what are his chances of getting the visiting visa? what do you advice please?

Thanks for your response

From what I have gathered so far from LagosNIV and AbujaNIV; the issue here would be dual intent. It will be difficult to convince the visa officer about your intention when you have a pending k1 visa application.To qualify for a B visa, you will have to prove you will only be in the US temporarily and will return to your home country at the end of your visit. In making a decision, the officer will consider your friend's personal circumstances, travel plans and financial resources.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 12:25am On Apr 06, 2016
sabrinaqueenzy:

Thanks for you reply
And he has 2 south African visa in his passport and 2years residence permit... Of which he has been in Nigeria since thou working
Should we state we are going for vacation becos we plan going by November dis year...after my wedding which is in july
And he will also take leave letter from his office. Stating he is on leave by that time.
Please whats the best way to apply since Stating honey moon after wedding is a no no
Thanks for your response

Visa for Nigerians is a 50/50 thing... He should give it a try after the wedding, like you stated he should plan a vacation with you. Let him go with your P.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 12:36am On Apr 06, 2016
Herbwise:

Thanks for your response

Your friend already has a pending immigrant application, and they will interview him based on that.
Is chances are same as anyone just that the bias of not granting him based on his IV application is overbearing.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shemshem: 1:58am On Apr 06, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Visa officers seldom dwell upon documents. What is at issue is intent. They don't believe documents will establish your intentions. You will need to demonstrate to the officer that you have what it takes to travel and return back home to family and business "employment, business, financial, family, properties etc" They weigh your answers to questions asked with the specific facts of your case.

And most importantly your purpose of travel must be genuine and make sense economically. Your stated intent must not conflicts with the facts presented.

Thanks. You made my day.
Purpose of travel - vacation
Ties to nigeria- a top management staff in the civil service, 2 children aged 7 and 5, been working for 13 years,
Reason for going with child- still an infant below a year, so have to go with her for vacation since she still breastfeeds .
Hope all these ties would help.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:08am On Apr 06, 2016
sabrinaqueenzy:

Thanks for you reply
Thanks for your response
ErM please read back his reply. I don't think that's what he said o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:08am On Apr 06, 2016
Herbwise:

Thanks for your response

Immigration risk.

He will have to do a lot of convincing the VO dat he will come back cos if na me marry american, nothing will bring me bak when I can get dre and dey can file for me while am dre.

Anyways if he is missing Wifey, she can come back and visit till her immigration petition for him is approved

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:11am On Apr 06, 2016
shemshem:

Thanks. You made my day.
Purpose of travel - vacation
Ties to nigeria- a top management staff in the civil service, 2 children aged 7 and 5, been working for 13 years,
Reason for going with child- still an infant below a year, so have to go with her for vacation since she still breastfeeds .
Hope all these ties would help.
Thanks

Hope you don't mention going to visit your uncle again. Cos it's not a strong purpose of trip.

Why don't you apply with the whole family for family vacation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shemshem: 6:29am On Apr 06, 2016
nefertitiram:

Hope you don't mention going to visit your uncle again. Cos it's not a strong purpose of trip.

My husband has a visa already but my other two kids will be in school by then. It's my annual leave so I intend going for vacation and shop for the kids. My Hubby isn't travelling with us and I think it would be a little stressful going with 3 children.
So, I hope explaining that I wanna go on vacation and shop for the kids would be good enough.
I appreciate u. Thanks a bunch. Awaiting ur response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by brilantio: 7:17am On Apr 06, 2016
House please help. What's the primary occupation of a person who just graduated December last year, is awaiting his induction ceremony around next month before he starts his internship but at the same praticising in his dad's co. for the time being with no pay, more like training. Should he say "Student" and fill in the school he just finished from or "Not employed" and explain his situation in the box or "Others" and use his dad's co. as current employment and explain to the vo. Please advise. It's a visit visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by omoidunnu: 7:26am On Apr 06, 2016
undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:06am On Apr 06, 2016
brilantio:
House please help. What's the primary occupation of a person who just graduated December last year, is awaiting his induction ceremony around next month before he starts his internship but at the same praticising in his dad's co. for the time being with no pay, more like training. Should he say "Student" and fill in the school he just finished from or "Not employed" and explain his situation in the box or "Others" and use his dad's co. as current employment and explain to the vo. Please advise. It's a visit visa.

If you are not a student, and not being paid by your dad.
Then you are un-employed.
Trying to twist words will not fool a visa officer.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:15am On Apr 06, 2016
brilantio:

Unemployed. You'll have to explain every other situation to the visa officer during the question and answer section.

Since you've not been able to form many ties, the officer may look at specific intentions, family situations, your father's position, long-range plans and prospects in Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:33am On Apr 06, 2016
omoidunnu:
Hello Officer,
My wife and I recently just got married and will like to visit the US for a short holiday.
I have visited the US on holiday previously and I currently still hold a valid B1/B2 visa, however my wife will need to apply for an entry visa.

I would like to inquire if she will need to apply as a fresh applicant or i apply for her under my profile. Furthermore, her international passport still bears her maiden name.

kindly advice on the best way to go about it.

Thank you.

Your wife will submit her own application and attend the visa interview alone as each application is considered individually. She should go with a copy of your visa and her stated intent and purpose of travel must make sense.

Take your time to read a page before this; her maiden name is acceptable if she can prove the marriage to you is legitimate.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 8:52am On Apr 06, 2016
nefertitiram:

Yea, i share your sentiment... purpose of trip was somewhat flimsy!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shemshem: 8:54am On Apr 06, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Yea, i share your sentiment... purpose of trip was somewhat flimsy!
So, I hope explaining that I wanna go on vacation and shop for the kids would be good enough.
I appreciate u. Thanks a bunch. Awaiting ur response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:25am On Apr 06, 2016
If I may weigh in with this shemshem matter. I have a different view.

IMO, I don't think her purpose of traveLling was flimsy or the issue. She already has a visa. She was applying for an 11 month baby. Baby was denied under 214b. Meaning baby does not hve ties. I think either the vo just woke up on the wrong side of Timbuku or
Shemshem when u first travelled did u have your baby yet? Did u leave him/her behind?
U know folks always apply alone without kids and leave the lil ones as ties. Then later they go and apply for the lil ones. If I'm not mistaken , u said your husband has a visa abi? And u have 2 other kids? So if u guys decide to abscond and leave the other frown up kids what stops u? Or what if the other 2 kids are fake (all rhetoric questions before u chop me with ur egg and bread cheesy)

The issue (in my opinion as always ) is that the vo does not trust u yourself shemshem. Your family is systematically acquiring visas for y'all and with this economy them dey fear una red eye. U can reapply o! U can use any reason u want o though I would say stick with your former reason if that is indeed your purpose of travel and add all the curry and thyme stories after it. And pray for a vo that believes that you don't intend to run away

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 9:46am On Apr 06, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
If I may weigh in with this shemshem matter. I have a different view.

IMO, I don't think her purpose of traveLling was flimsy. She already has a visa. She was applying for an 11 month baby. Baby was denied under 214b. Meaning baby does not hve ties. I think either the vo just woke up on the wrong side of Timbuku or
Shemshem when u first travelled did u have your baby yet? Did u leave him/her behind?
U know folks always apply alone without kids and leave the lil ones as ties. Then later they go and apply for the lil ones. If I'm not mistaken , u said your husband has a visa abi? And u have 2 other kids? So if u guys decide to abscond and leave the other frown up kids what stops u? Or what if the other 2 kids are fake (all rhetoric questions before u chop me with ur egg and bread cheesy)

The issue (in my opinion as always ) is that the vo does not trust u yourself shemshem. Your family is systematically acquiring visas for y'all and with this economy them dey fear una red eye. U can reapply o! U can use any reason u want o though I would say stick with your former reason if that is indeed your purpose of travel and add all the curry and thyme stories after it. And pray for a vo that believes that you don't intend to run away

I wanted to state just this when i 1st saw her post but i didn't want to be the white egg.... I had same impression that the true motive of the visa was to gradually abscond (Based on the way she posted it). Since she has her visa and have traveled before she could have done a family application for sake of vacation. Taking the baby to see uncle (afterall, baby is too young to recognize uncle) was more like uncle is my hubby or this baby is going and not coming back, uncle will take good care of him/her (and since the VO wasn't privy to her other family members). the argument or sentiment was tenable.

#Flimsy... yea, she's traveled to the US and most likely saw uncle, so the baby was the one going to see uncle this time.... That was arrant FLIMSY! (the baby is too little to recognize uncle, such purpose will only makes sense if uncle is the baby's father)

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:06am On Apr 06, 2016
^^^@Benny ha! When I was 11 months I was reading newspaper o! I knew everybodyyyyyy in my family and could call them by name. Lol!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 10:09am On Apr 06, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
^^^@Benny ha! When I was 11 months I was reading newspaper o! I knew everybodyyyyyy in my family and could call them by name. Lol!

Lol...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zhiggy1(m): 10:30am On Apr 06, 2016
Beniyoha01:

I wanted to state just this when i 1st saw her post but i didn't want to be the white egg.... I had same impression that the true motive of the visa was to gradually abscond (Based on the way she posted it). Since she has her visa and have traveled before she could have done a family application for sake of vacation. Taking the baby to see uncle (afterall, baby is too young to recognize uncle) was more like uncle is my hubby or this baby is going and not coming back, uncle will take good care of him/her (and since the VO wasn't privy to her other family members). the argument or sentiment was tenable.

#Flimsy... yea, she's traveled to the US and most likely saw uncle, so the baby was the one going to see uncle this time.... That was arrant FLIMSY! (the baby is too little to recognize uncle, such purpose will only makes sense if uncle is the baby's father)

Putting her on a blast to make your point is not the way to go. You also went hard on the baby. Give advise and opinions without throwing punches. You quick to defend frontpagelawyer or something the other day..

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 10:50am On Apr 06, 2016
zhiggy1:

Putting her on a blast to make your point is not the way to go. You also went hard on the baby. Give advise and opinions without throwing punches. You quick to defend frontpagelawyer or something the other day..

It would be cool if you could highlight where i went wrong and who i blasted... i would instantly apologize cos i didnt mean to do such.
i only sought to analysed the case as posed and tried to state why the purpose was flimsy as against LagyG's stands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by omoidunnu: 10:54am On Apr 06, 2016
kiss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 06, 2016
zhiggy1:

Unnecessary please.
There were no punches here, don't make an issue out of nothing.
Let the person who asked take what ever advice she wants.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zhiggy1(m): 10:59am On Apr 06, 2016
Beniyoha01:

It would be cool if you could highlight where i went wrong and who i blasted... i would instantly apologize cos i didnt mean to do such.
i only sought to analysed the case as posed and tried to state why the purpose was flimsy as against LagyG's stands.

Writing in Caps is shouting so your 'ARRANT' is not cool. You also made assumptions and inferred the family reason is to relocate based on the way she stated her case. A whole loads of variables come into play. As par the family vacation application, the possibility of her or the husband not having the basic knowledge about it sure exist. Maybe she just need to be coherent and lucid about her thoughts / situation.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zhiggy1(m): 11:00am On Apr 06, 2016
salsera:

Unnecessary please.
There were no punches here, don't make an issue out of nothing.
Let the person who asked take what ever advice she wants.

My opinion which I owe no apologies for.

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.