Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538641 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bettercreature(m): 1:01pm On Apr 28, 2016
I was at usa consulate yesterday and i was told that the bar code on my appointment print out is differ to the one on my D160 form,so i was ordered to return home to reschedule another appointment (after 2 days)
i checked the portal now,the new page is available but its coming up with invalid reciept number anytime i enter the appointment reciept reference number
Pls is it going to be available soon or i must go and pay another appointment fee?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Damolaskynov: 1:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
Hi house,been a silent reader/observer for awhile here.I'll like to share my testimony to encourage someone out there that this whole US visit visa thing isn't rocket science or something so tough/rough but about God's Grace and being completely HONEST. I had my appointment on April 5th in Lagos and was successful,2 years multiple issued.
Everything seemed stacked against me. I'm single,only travelled to Dubai in January,my Citizen Sister had already filed for Immigrant status for me,bank account balance wasn't too presentable etc but one thing I learnt from reading other posts here is BE HONEST when filling the DS-160 form and fill it yourself if you can.
I also noticed at the interview stage that it seems some profiler(s) had already worked on the information provided on the form and all the VO did was enter their own observation within the 3/4 minutes you are at the window. All the docs I packed with me to the interview were completely unnecessary. Also,pls don't forget your Stanley GT bank receipt at home O...I forgot mine and had to cough out some N3000 that morning to get a reprint at the Carpark before going in.
I'll try to post my experiences during and after my 1 month trip here to encourage someone that everything is possible when the time is right. Also,everybody's case is unique as 1 family being interviewed that morning made me understand.Only the wife and their infant baby was granted,the husband and two daughters were given blue or green slips,it wasn't too clear as I was watching it all unfold in the queue. Someone in front of me got denied because he wanted to go all the way to the U.S to buy 2 color printers worth 250 USD each for his printing business!! The VO was totally professional as me sef wey dey him back no fit hold back my laugh.Everybody's case is unique,really

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
Nicesoul:

Thank you sis. Saw the document and it will really help.

Our purpose of visit now is strictly on childbirth, when VO ask why are we going to US, do i answer or just allow my wife answer the Q? I'm sure she will be equipped and ready after going through all pages of childbirth on NL.

Pllease ask the question at the right thread. That thread is specifically for birthing.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Pllease ask the question at the right thread. That thread is specifically for birthing.

Thank you LadyG, i will do just that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hilda2016(f): 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
bettercreature:
I was at usa consulate yesterday and i was told that the bar code on my appointment print out is differ to the one on my D160 form,so i was ordered to return home to reschedule another appointment (after 2 days)
i checked the portal now,the new page is available but its coming up with invalid reciept number anytime i enter the appointment reciept reference number
Pls is it going to be available soon or i must go and pay another appointment fee?
call them first, because if you don't attend you can reschedule once more on the same receipt
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bettercreature(m): 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
chloe7:
call them first, because if you don't attend you can reschedule once more on the same receipt
I want to wait till next monday because the guys told me to wait for 2 workings days that the reciept is valid for a year
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
bettercreature:
I want to wait till next monday because the guys told me to wait for 2 workings days that the reciept is valid for a year
yes what they said is true but if you call them whatever the reason for the invalid receipt they will be able to sort it out for you faster, if it keeps saying invalid receipt you just might still have to place a call through to them
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bettercreature(m): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
Hilda2016:

I think you will have to pay another fee.but read this page number 17:

https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening/17
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bettercreature(m): 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
chloe7:
yes what they said is true but if you call them whatever the reason for the invalid receipt they will be able to sort it out for you faster, if it keeps saying invalid receipt you just might still have to place a call through to them
I will write them now and call them tommorow morning,thanks i really appreciate it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hoomogh(m): 5:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yup. No implication. But at least u sabi where u de go sha? For interview @poster

I just remembeed the tuface song implication grin
Almighty Lady G.... I hail oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Azzyllaid: 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
Gudevenin house, thanks for ur answers to my question but I have one other question to ask please concerning payment of visa fee, are we to pay for the three of us (i. e for my husband, my son and myself). Is the fee going to be joint payment or individual payment. Please I need urgent reply to these because I want to apply. Thanks all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennykolabo: 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dear All,

Pls am fillin the DS 160 but am stalk
I was asked to produce the application receipt / petition number. Kindly assist where to get that
Am trying to renew using the drop box pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
kennykolabo:
Dear All,

Pls am fillin the DS 160 but am stalk
I was asked to produce the application receipt / petition number. Kindly assist where to get that
Am trying to renew using the drop box pls
please o pardon me because I can see where you are stalk tongue grin
Did you pay your visa fees? Abi na free you wan renew visa cheesy cheesy
*runs away *
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
Azzyllaid:
Gudevenin house, thanks for ur answers to my question but I have one other question to ask please concerning payment of visa fee, are we to pay for the three of us (i. e for my husband, my son and myself). Is the fee going to be joint payment or individual payment. Please I need urgent reply to these because I want to apply. Thanks all
Individual payments

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yomisley: 11:05am On Apr 29, 2016
please people i was filling my DS 160 FORM and and i got to Passport Information page and the options i find are:

Regular

official

Diplomatic

Other

please people which one is for international passport cos i choose Official which i dont know what that stand for .. people please help una pikin oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by WESTERNCR: 11:36am On Apr 29, 2016
Pls what's the current visa fee for B1/B2?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 29, 2016
WESTERNCR:
Pls what's the current visa fee for B1/B2?
I think is #31,200 but try go GTBANK to ask to be sure
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:46am On Apr 29, 2016
yomisley:
please people i was filling my DS 160 FORM and and i got to Passport Information page and the options i find are:

Regular

official

Diplomatic

Other

please people which one is for international passport cos i choose Official which i dont know what that stand for .. people please help una pikin oooo

I want to believe you're holding the green cover. So It's Regular
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pam7(m): 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hello everyone,

please i need help and some information to know about America invitation letter am currently in Tanzania and i need to get a visa ... please what are the step to take and also what are the document i need to support with Invitation letter before submit in embassy for the visa

am Nigeria currently living in Tanzania and i also have working permit here.... also how long the Invitation letter long last?

Please if you have any information to share with me.... i will be glad... thanks you..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 2:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
pam7:
Hello everyone,
please i need help and some information to know about America invitation letter am currently in Tanzania and i need to get a visa ... please what are the step to take and also what are the document i need to support with Invitation letter before submit in embassy for the visa
am Nigeria currently living in Tanzania and i also have working permit here.... also how long the Invitation letter long last?
Please if you have any information to share with me.... i will be glad... thanks you..

Forget invitation letter.
An invitation is not a magic key to unlock Obamaland.
Much more important is proving that you will return home after your visit.
Strong ties to return home.
As a Nigerian living in Tanzania you already have a big problem proving your ties.
Work on that and your finances before even thinking about an invitation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nodawa(m): 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2016
Good day my people,

I work with Federal government in Nigeria (Uniform work) my salary is around #120,000
I have been with the organisation for over 9 years now.
I visited dubai in 2012.
I am married with 2 children.
I have an area brother that has been in USA for over 15 years inviting me for a visit.

I was scared about the salary because someone told me if your salary is not over #200,000 plus you can not be given the visa.

Please i need urgent reply my people and tell me what to do to have more chances of getting the visa .

Thank you.

May God bless you all. (Amen)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:23pm On Apr 29, 2016
nodawa:
Good day my people,

I work with Federal government in Nigeria (Uniform work) my salary is around #120,000
I have been with the organisation for over 9 years now.
I visited dubai in 2012.
I am married with 2 children.
I have an area brother that has been in USA for over 15 years inviting me for a visit.

I was scared about the salary because someone told me if your salary is not over #200,000 plus you can not be given the visa.

Please i need urgent reply my people and tell me what to do to have more chances of getting the visa .

Thank you.

May God bless you all. (Amen)
Tell You what to do? How?
Will you manufacture what you don't have?
Will you create ties where none exist?
If indeed it is true that 120k salary will not get u a visa (which is a fallacy btw) which advice are you expecting?
There is nothing anybody can tell you but to present yourself as you are. If the vo finds you are not qualified by their assesment, life continues.
Read the thread and educate yourself and drop all the fallacies you have been fed with
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hilda2016(f): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I came across this article- I guess it explains in details about US Law under Section 214(b) :

Section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act
In 2013 and 2014, more than 3.1 million nonimmigrant visa applications were denied under Section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. US law places the burden on nonimmigrant visa applicants (except for H-1B and L-1s) to show that they are not intending immigrants. Nonimmigrant visitor visa applicants (B) must show that they....

http://visarefusal.com/214b/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yemi352(m): 8:10am On Apr 30, 2016
thanks man God bless ya and ya talent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ayobamimoses07: 2:23pm On Apr 30, 2016
pls does anyone know how much Zenith Bank, First Bank and GTB banks dollar rates in the recent times pls. People who have ideas pls tell me. Thanks and God Bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oyi2: 3:46pm On Apr 30, 2016
Abokifx.com usually have some real time quotes.
ayobamimoses07:
pls does anyone know how much Zenith Bank, First Bank and GTB banks dollar rates in the recent times pls. People who have ideas pls tell me. Thanks and God Bless

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Emmyrate(m): 6:15pm On Apr 30, 2016
Good day evri boy in the house,i will be on leave by june this year,and will like to spend my leave in usa to attend a training i ve my invitation letter already for the worshop. i ve traveled to two shengen country with one visa and working presently with a multinational company.pls what re likely question and document needed.Note pls,i will be sponsoring my self.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2016
Emmyrate:
Good day evri boy in the house,i will be on leave by june this year,and will like to spend my leave in usa to attend a training i ve my invitation letter already for the worshop. i ve traveled to two shengen country with one visa and working presently with a multinational company.pls what re likely question and document needed.Note pls,i will be sponsoring my self.

Healthy bank balance with records and proof where the funds came from.
Very strong ties to prove that you will return home after the visit.
Then letter of invitation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Emmyrate(m): 7:57pm On Apr 30, 2016
Thanks i ve all that but the only source of fund is saving from my salary ,the workshop is for 7 days and i intend spending extra 3 days to go to interesting places after d workshop like museum and so on.is it advisable to add that 3 days or just for the purpose of the workshop and come back to naija.the type of my application is vacation/business.

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.