Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,706 members, 7,827,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1537795 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:54am On Jun 12, 2016
Since u asked for 'reasonable ' and 'non cheesy' comments' I pass cos your question was not reasonable
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nupital: 8:27am On Jun 12, 2016
nefertitiram:

You owe me! I prayed 4 you a few pages ago

Thanks alot for the prayer, it really helped me....how do I pay you - with dollars or wire transfer... grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 8:39am On Jun 12, 2016
nefertitiram:

Lemme cut to the chase. She is ur sister. Blood sister abi? Let her apply for immigrant visa for you. Its that simple. Dunno y 9ja people like to abuse system.

As u see me, my daughter is a US citizen. I'm waiting till she turns 21yrs in 20 yrs time so dat she can file for me. If ur sister starts now, before 21 yrs they will answer you

Add 20 years to 30 years. That means she ll be close to 50 years then. grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:18am On Jun 12, 2016
kennycanny:

Add 20 years to 30 years. That means she ll be close to 50 years then. grin

Who told you am 30? #Stalker #AmericaCanWait
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:21am On Jun 12, 2016
nupital:

Thanks alot for the prayer, it really helped me....how do I pay you - with dollars or wire transfer... grin grin

Jst help me credit travelstart with 200k for my ticket to Europe

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
@Shigoboy You are on your own... No one will help you here, we wont help you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
nefertitiram:

Jst help me credit travelstart with 200k for my ticket to Europe
Hmmm. Are you sure you won't prefer one basket of tomato and 50liters of fuel? cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Hmmm. Are you sure you won't prefer one basket of tomato and 50liters of fuel? cheesy

I don stop to de chop tomato stew Tey Tey, na banga win am! Fuel de, I de buy 1 gallon a week, de use milk cup measure am put inside motor grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 12:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
nefertitiram:

Who told you am 30? #Stalker #AmericaCanWait

Hello , sorry you missed my point. I was referring to the person that u were advising to wait for about 21 years like you. The person actually said he is 30 years old.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
kennycanny:

Hello , sorry you missed my point. I was referring to the person that u were advising to wait for about 21 years like you. The person actually said he is 30 years old.

grin grin grin

Am not nice abi. But my advise is the best he can get based on his reason for travelling
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pyx: 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
pyx:

Thanks I will try to re schedule and if it comes out same way I will call the desk officer ,however there is a particular question on " passport " to be expired visa is on an expired passport but i have renewed the passport , I wouldn't know if you remember what should be the appropriate answer
I'm really grateful, though I have been so busy lately but I will try to attend to the issue this week of democracy . I sent mail to you @ Omobendel.
Cheers
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 12, 2016
alapomejishegs:
150k my cousin has stated in the letter that she will be sponsoring me i am in my Late 20's.my job is consistent and also well paying
if your cousin is willing to sponsor you, go ahead and indicate her as your sponsor. What's ur purpose of the trip if I may ask?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by alapomejishegs: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
iRyan:
if your cousin is willing to sponsor you, go ahead and indicate her as your sponsor. What's ur purpose of the trip if I may ask?
going for my Cousin's wedding and site seeing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mznumbers: 11:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
Hello All,

Please I need advice on how to go about my interview. Am a 24year old single lady. I applied for a B1/B2 visa last year June (my brother in law invited me) and was rejected on the basis of no strong ties I filled myself as my sponsor, I was earning 120k as at that time. This time around I filled my dad as my sponsor, my monthly income as 250k (it has truly increased) and I also indicated I was gonna be traveling with him in my DS-160 application. I have never travelled before. What do you advice?? Should I go with an engagement ring?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dedario(m): 12:48am On Jun 14, 2016
Please I need advice on how to go about my interview. Am a 24year old single lady. I applied for a B1/B2 visa last year June (my brother in law invited me) and was rejected on the basis of no strong ties I filled myself as my sponsor, I was earning 120k as at that time. This time around I filled my dad as my sponsor, my monthly income as 250k (it has truly increased) and I also indicated I was gonna be traveling with him in my DS-160 application. I have never travelled before. What do you advice?? Should I go with an engagement ring?

Dis House wil neva encourage u 2lie 2a Vo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:43am On Jun 14, 2016
mznumbers:
Hello All,

The answer to that question would depend on the truth.are u engaged? If yes then u may. If no then why would you?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:59am On Jun 14, 2016
mznumbers:
Hello All,

Engaged to your father? No vex, I say make I ask.The VO will most likely not see the ring. They have a lot more going on for them :/

There is nothing we will not see in this thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mznumbers: 8:15am On Jun 14, 2016
I mean am saying am engaged so it could show strong ties, I would truly be travelling with my father.
nefertitiram:

Engaged to your father? No vex, I say make I ask.The VO will most likely not see the ring. They have a lot more going on for them :/

There is nothing we will not see in this thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by slightlyMad(f): 8:23am On Jun 14, 2016
mznumbers:
Hello All,

no, engagement is not a strong enough tie.
you need to calm down, take time, get married first, and maybe have a child, then apply again

your salary and job is always a weak tie, a marriage with kids is even a stronger tie than one without kids, not to talk of a ring you can throw back at him once he upsets you.

Don't lie that you are married when you are not, it never ends well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:06am On Jun 14, 2016
mznumbers:
I mean am saying am engaged so it could show strong ties, I would truly be travelling with my father.
Single people get visa. People with no kids get visas.I'm sure u know that. There's also a high probability you have read that here.

Technically, engaged is still single. A VO may decide to attach some weight to that.if I were a vo, I wouldn't. So my opinion is that a ring is neither here nor there with regards your application
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:04am On Jun 14, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Single people get visa. People with no kids get visas.I'm sure u know that. There's also a high probability you have read that here.

Technically, engaged is still single. A VO may decide to attach some weight to that.if I were a vo, I wouldn't. So my opinion is that a ring is neither here nor there with regards your application

VOs really got lots of chill stuff sha! If I were one and you brandish such rings to my face, particularly sheepishly, I will ensure you just wouldn't ever know how my hands came out of them cubicles to land you a backy on your face.... Lolzzzz, just kidding. What stops us from actually being us for visa purposes? The odds were always against me when I first applied (young, very single, no child, and being sponsored by my host, etc) and got a US visa some 5 years plus ago, all I had going for me was a well paying job and an Israel, Ghana, Togo and Benin Republic travel history. #TooMuchMythsAbound!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 11:15am On Jun 14, 2016
mznumbers:
Hello All,

Being engaged or not ll likely not affect the outcome of your interview.

But at 24 and earning about 250k. I don't think you need to say your dad is sponsoring you. Apart from sponsoring for academics or medicals , an adult traveling on another individual sponsorship ( excluding spouse ) for a tourist purpose will usually get refused a visit visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:33am On Jun 14, 2016
mznumbers:

Oh, if you r really engaged, then you can inform them during your interview. Going with your father is also a good idea esp if he already has a visa. Goodluck with your application
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Izzystevens: 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
***From Silent Reader's Association***

Mum got her visa this morning without any input from an agent. Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread.

Her interview was for 8:30am @ the Lagos Consulate and it went thus:

VO: Good morning
Mum: Morning o

VO:**speaks somethings 2 her**
Mum: i no 'hear' English

VO calls for an interpreter, an elderly lady comes in

Lady:Where are u going ma?
Mum:California

Lady:what for?
Mum: Summer, my daughter's husband sent 4 me.

Lady: who's paying?
Mum: My son-in-law

VO smiles and passes white paper 2 her and dat was it.

Mum: Can i have my passport back?
VO and interpreter both laughs and interpreter explains to her dat d visa would be issued on d passport.

BUT while i was filing her DS160, i couldn't upload her passport photograph, so i told her to go with it.

She put a copy in her passport but it was returned to her.

Can her visa be issued without her passport photograph? She's worried now.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
Izzystevens:

Mum got her visa this morning without any input from an agent. Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread.

VO and interpreter both laughs and interpreter explains to her dat d visa would be issued on d passport.

BUT while i was filing her DS160, i couldn't upload her passport photograph, so i told her to go with it.

Congrats to mum and you.... If you couldn't upload her passport photograph, and it was just one passport you put in there and it was returned you may have to reach them or wait for them to reach out to you. Maybe it's taken already sha. In all, no cause for alarm

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
Izzystevens:

See your life?issue don give u voice cheesy better be talking after today.
Yes. They'l crop the pix in her international passport and use that. Congrats
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Izzystevens: 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lol.
Thanks LadyG. I have shown her your response. Thanks once again.

I wee be active henceforth ma!
tongue
LadyGuinivere:

See your life?issue don give u voice cheesy better be talking after today.
Yes. They'l crop the pix in her international passport and use that. Congrats
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
Izzystevens:
Lol.
Thanks LadyG. I have shown her your response. Thanks once again.

I wee be active henceforth ma!
tongue

They have already scanned the passport picture before returning to her. No worries.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Izzystevens: 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
sugah:

They have already scanned the passport picture before returning to her. No worries.

Thanks a lot dear. I appreciate your response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mznumbers: 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
I already filled my dad as my sponsor, I also indicated I would be travelling with him...am truly not engaged, my interview is on the 27th, how do I go about it? sad kiss cry
kennycanny:

Being engaged or not ll likely not affect the outcome of your interview.

But at 24 and earning about 250k. I don't think you need to say your dad is sponsoring you. Apart from sponsoring for academics or medicals , an adult traveling on another individual sponsorship ( excluding spouse ) for a tourist purpose will usually get refused a visit visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
mznumbers:
I already filled my dad as my sponsor, I also indicated I would be travelling with him...am truly not engaged, my interview is on the 27th, how do I go about it? sad kiss cry

You should just be confident! 250k job isn't a small job, so just try and exude confidence and you should be fine. You still have some days before the interview, you can make a weekend trip to cotonou or ghana so you can at least have a travel history...just to show you would not abscond on the first opportunity you get to leave Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
mznumbers:

Since you have already submitted and appointment booked ( Although there is a way you can still get it changed) all you need is to be confident. #250 k job is a big tie too. people with lesser salaries and still single gets visa daily.

All you need is to sound confident, upfront and positive. You are good to go!

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.