Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,723 members, 7,851,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:10 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1546082 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sugarbanana0707: 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
@seyewest, we went to Ghana once as a family on April dis year but my hubby don travel go UK 2006 once and me have travelled to dubai thrice 2011, 2012 nd 2013 before we got married
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 16, 2016
Good day nairalanders, I am a newbie here, I have read 75% of this part. I want to apply for a visit visa to attend a conference in respect of my profession, I am an accountant, I earn good salary, I am married with two kids, though marriage not court wedding but islamic way (nikkai). I have a registered Poultry farm, fishery farm and crops farm which I employed a manager to manage and also have employees, I have landed property. My passport life span is not up to 6months so I am gonna renew it before applying, I don't have any travel history on the Passport, so I plan to attach both together for the application. Now my question goes thus:

1. How else can I prove or demonstrate my ties to Nigeria?

2. Is a registered islamic organization wedding certificate acceptable by the consular?

3. I don't have any travel history on my passport, could that be a barrier?

4. I can't do away with not being with my family for a whole week which is the reason I don't have travel history because I couldn't financially afford traveling traveling with my family for vacation since 3yrs that I have been married. Pls how do I make the VO realize this?

Your honest response will be highly appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by siina(m): 9:32am On Jul 16, 2016
Hello house, please does been a member of a professional association as ICAN count as a tie in the embassy?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:15am On Jul 16, 2016
siina:
Hello house, please does been a member of a professional association as ICAN count as a tie in the embassy?
Does being a member of ICAN stop you from absonding in the US?
Will being a member of ICAN make you return from the US if you don't want to?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:20am On Jul 16, 2016
ghany01:
Good day nairalanders, I am a newbie here, I have read 75% of this part. I want to apply for a visit visa to attend a conference in respect of my profession, I am an accountant, I earn good salary, I am married with two kids, though marriage not court wedding but islamic way (nikkai). I have a registered Poultry farm, fishery farm and crops farm which I employed a manager to manage and also have employees, I have landed property. My passport life span is not up to 6months so I am gonna renew it before applying, I don't have any travel history on the Passport, so I plan to attach both together for the application. Now my question goes thus:

1. How else can I prove or demonstrate my ties to Nigeria?

2. Is a registered islamic organization wedding certificate acceptable by the consular?

3. I don't have any travel history on my passport, could that be a barrier?

4. I can't do away with not being with my family for a whole week which is the reason I don't have travel history because I couldn't financially afford traveling traveling with my family for vacation since 3yrs that I have been married. Pls how do I make the VO realize this?

Your honest response will be highly appreciated.

1. Your ties are determined by your ds160 info and the questions put to you during the interview.
2. Yes it is recognized.
3. People with no travel history have gotten visas. People with no travel histories have also been denied visas. The VO in his discretion weighs everything about you to decide if he'll give u a visa
4. Again. You have the duty to convince the VO. And you do that during the interview. If you are asked, you explain
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by siina(m): 10:25am On Jul 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Thats not the question here, I saw in there site as ties that professional association, families and so on are ties to ones native country, thats why the question is been asked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by siina(m): 10:26am On Jul 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Thats not the question here, I saw in there site as ties that professional association, families and so on are ties to ones native country, thats why the question is been asked. Abi having a family or travel history also stops one from asconding like you asked?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 11:28am On Jul 16, 2016
siina:

Not on it's own no.
You should get a letter from your employer (if you have one) saying you will return to your job after the visit.
Managed landed property and family / children help as well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:59am On Jul 16, 2016
siina:
ICAN is a tie if you're practicing in Nigeria as an accountant.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
siina:
Thats not the question here, I saw in there site as ties that professional association, families and so on are ties to ones native country, thats why the question is been asked. Abi having a family or travel history also stops one from asconding like you asked?
I gave you my thot process to the question you asked...
If you saw that on the website then I guess that answered your question before you asked na
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
siina:
You asked a question but don't seem to want the answer given.
It is assumed you would not abscond to the US and not return if you have family in Nigeria (wife and kids)
It is assumed that if you have travelled outside Nigeria before and returned back to Nigeria, you would also return to Nigeria after visiting the US.

So again, is ICAN something strong enough to make you return to Nigeria if and when granted a visa?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
siina:

No it doesn't account?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by siina(m): 12:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
seyewest:
ICAN is a tie if you're practicing in Nigeria as an accountant.
Thanks bro, thats the question asked o as I saw it on there site
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
seyewest:
I pray all nairalander flying Turkish Airline tonight are safe. #Turkeycoup

We just returned through Turkish! I'm tired mehn!!! angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
nefertitiram:

We just returned through Turkish! I'm tired mehn!!! angry
Halleluyah...... grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
siina:
Thanks bro, thats the question asked o as I saw it on there site
What am trying to say is that if you own an accounting firm or practicing and a FCA... I believe it's a tie because of the they normally do 3 world conference in Abuja Nigeria,London UK,Las Vegas U.S. The U.S embassy respect this organization and they verify members who are planning to attend the conference in the U.S as well... it will be hard for a fellow to relocate to the U.S because you have to practice for more than 10 years before you can be a FCA... I'm not saying it's not possible. it's a tie but not a strong one like family,employment and salary.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by siina(m): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2016
seyewest:
What am trying to say is that if you own an accounting firm or practicing and a FCA... I believe it's a tie because of the they normally do 3 world conference in Abuja Nigeria,London UK,Las Vegas U.S. The U.S embassy respect this organization and they verify members who are planning to attend the conference in the U.S as well... it will be hard for a fellow to relocate to the U.S because you have to practice for more than 10 years before you can be a FCA... I'm not saying it's not possible. it's a tie but not a strong one like family,employment and salary.
I understand at least you gave me a precise answer not those answering me with question as if am the embassy that put it there. I saw it on there site and decide to ask as it is not clear to me. Weve all seen cases of people with famiy,landed property still migrating to US. I only ask if that is a tie and you have answered me accordingly.
Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
siina:
I understand at least you gave me a precise answer not those answering me with question as if am the embassy that put it there. I saw it on there site and decide to ask as it is not clear to me. Weve all seen cases of people with famiy,landed property still migrating to US. I only ask if that is a tie and you have answered me accordingly.
Thanks once again
It's okay.... No one is perfect.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
sugah:

You asked a question but don't seem to want the answer given.
It is assumed you would not abscond to the US and not return if you have family in Nigeria (wife and kids)
It is assumed that if you have travelled outside Nigeria before and returned back to Nigeria, you would also return to Nigeria after visiting the US.

So again, is ICAN something strong enough to make you return to Nigeria if and when granted a visa?
The truth is that plenty people want to hear platitiudes.
When put on an imaginary scale , can an ICAN certificate weigh the same as family?

@seye biko ehhh help me clarify? ICAN is the proffessional exam you take and become chatered abi? Kinda like ACCA?
Is that the same with being a fellow? Cos I know a thousand and one chatered accountants with no job and travel history

@poster I answered you with a question because I believe it is better for you to reason it out by yourself than be fed with a yes or no.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by siina(m): 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

When put on an imaginary scale , can an ICAN certificate weigh the same as family?

@seye biko ehhh help me clarify? ICAN is the proffessional exam you take and become chatered abi? Kinda like ACCA?
Is that the same with being a fellow? Cos I know a thousand and one chatered accountants with no job and travel history

@poster I answered you with a question because I believe it is better for you to reason it out by yourself than be fed with a yes or no.
ok I understand now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Sis ICAN is exactly like ACCA and chartered accountant with no job yapa... but we have few Fellow who are jobless reason I added FCA... and reason I said it's a less tie although it's a prestigious organization it will never get you a visa unless you're qualified for the visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by peacevilla: 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hello house, I m planning to have a vacation in US with my wife. I ve filled ds-160 form. But my wife has an immigrant petition i-130 filed by her brother who is a citizen. Hope this can't be a setback for granting us visa.
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
peacevilla:
Hello house, I m planning to have a vacation in US with my wife. I ve filled ds-160 form. But my wife has an immigrant petition i-130 filed by her brother who is a citizen. Hope this can't be a setback for granting us visa.
Thank you.
Read from like 20 pages back. There was a discussion on it and in between the person that asked the question went for his interview. Many opinions were expressed there. I believe you can form your opnion from there.
Happy reading
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jamil002: 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hello LadyGuinevere, I was given a b visa and my initial travel date was this July. At d time of interview I wasn't pregnant, but I noticed that am pregnant now. Due to the some reasons, I now plan to travel for vacation in October this year and I will be four pregnant by then. I will return by early November, then I plan to travel again next year to give birth in the US. I am worried that the custom and boarder patrol guys will stress me cos I will be four months gone by then. Please do I need to inform the embassy that I am pregnant and plan to give birth after this trip? Am worried cos i have booked for my ticket already. Please ur urgent response will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
2 years! Reason: I had nothing to do in the US. What I wanted to go do then already passed, so no point.

Bass450:
So how long did u wait before reapply?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
jamil002:
Hello LadyGuinevere, I was given a b visa and my initial travel date was this July. At d time of interview I wasn't pregnant, but I noticed that am pregnant now. Due to the some reasons, I now plan to travel for vacation in October this year and I will be four pregnant by then. I will return by early November, then I plan to travel again next year to give birth in the US. I am worried that the custom and boarder patrol guys will stress me cos I will be four months gone by then. Please do I need to inform the embassy that I am pregnant and plan to give birth after this trip? Am worried cos i have booked for my ticket already. Please ur urgent response will be appreciated. Thanks.
@LadyG @Omobendel @Nef @worry @chloe7 where una dey oooo... I'm curious what your response will be because I have no idea what to do in this situation... lipsrsealed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
jamil002:

You should tell them that you are pregnant, and your plans.
Do not try to hide it.

If you travel in October take copies of your proof that you will return in case you are questioned at point of entry.
If you can get letters from hospital and doctor, along with costs again that might be useful.
If you can pay bills or even a deposit that will be good.
You might not be asked for anything, but have paperwork ready in your hand luggage.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FabioRomani: 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
@Lady Guinevere and VO please comment on this. Thanks
jamil002:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jamil002: 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
Thanks a lot. So, should I send a notification of intent mail to the embassy?

worry359:

You should tell them that you are pregnant, and your plans.
Do not try to hide it.

If you travel in October take copies of your proof that you will return in case you are questioned at point of entry.
If you can get letters from hospital and doctor, along with costs again that might be useful.
If you can pay bills or even a deposit that will be good.
You might not be asked for anything, but have paperwork ready in your hand luggage.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jamil002: 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
VO and Lady Guinevere, we await ur advice.
Regards.
FabioRomani:
@Lady Guinevere and VO please comment on this. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
seyewest:
@LadyG @Omobendel @Nef @worry @chloe7 where una dey oooo... I'm curious what your response will be because I have no idea what to do in this situation... lipsrsealed

You are going for a visit, the exact purpose of your trip. 4mths pregnancy no de show na. While you are there, you can fish around for a doctor, hosp etc. When you return you gather your PTA put your acts together and be ready for the real showdown with CBP. Right no, the worst that can happen is that they stamp you in for 2 weeks or whatever amount of time you claim you want to be in US for
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
jamil002:
Shebi this trip is for vacation shikena? Soo which intent do you intend to tell them about. This visit is simply for what u got the visa for.
As for when you actually want to birth,you should get your Burden of proof ready then.
As for sending a notification of intent then, IMO the letter is now worthles because Nigerans have turned it to pure water with all the lie ie. People still get turned back despite it .

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.