Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536029 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by moore1: 11:31am On Nov 28, 2015
justwise:
[/b]
Yes you can

Thanks a lot Justwise
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by maddock(m): 11:47am On Nov 28, 2015
Oops sorry wrong section.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Emblem(m): 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2015
I currently have a valid B1/B2 visa but planning to apply for an F1 visa. I am married with a kid (US citizen). I don't know whether to bring my wife to the US on her B1/B2 Visa and then change status to F2 when she gets to the US.

What if her F2 get rejected, would she still be able to come to US on her visitor visa or does her visitor visa gets rejected too? Kindly advise

Also, if i get denied F1 visa, what happens to my valid B1/B2 visa.?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Emblem(m): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2015
@Motherloventina,

Don't get worked up. My cousin was in a similar situation even though her own wasn't suspension. She was sacked..........VO asked why was she in South Africa for 4 months while she has a job. All she said was that she was on a training from office...........Trust me the crowed in the embassy is too much for the VO to pick phone to call or verify. No time..........Madam, you have no problem.

motherloventina:
Hi chloe7 ladyguiniver and justwise

Pls which is preferable.. travel with my husband for vacation we got married early this year,no kids yet OR travel alone and hubby stays behind for home tie sake. I am the travel freak.. my hubby doesn't really care.

This question is the one bothering me more.. let me bore you with my story..something happened at my company that got me 6months suspension.. nothing illegal just a female colleague showing her level of influence cos she was rumoured to be dating the owner of the company, the two females involved were sacked and I was suspended cos I knew abt it and didn't report them simply because they were in my unit,well all na still set up ..now my point is I was devastated and got 3months visa to dubai immediately just to change environment and get myself together..now to the real deal,im back in naija and I'm still kinda down remembering the whole unfairness ...so husband is suggesting this america trip,we have a family friend that's ready to invite and it will be total new experience for me.. now my fear is won't the VO start thinking why I stayed in dubai for 3months when I have a job in naija? Won't it display some sort of idleness...ofcourse I can't start explaining d suspension ish.. big red flag! Pls I don't knw how to dodge this red flag.. our HR is ready to even giive me all necessary documents from my coy for the trip.. my only fear is just the 3months I spent in dubai. even if I decide not to travel to usa for now.. no matter the time I wanna travel, this 3months willl always show up on my passport, my husband said I shd say my coy was having issues that period but what if they confirm.. or I went for a 3months course or which kind leave I go for for 3months but I really don't wanna lie. Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:05am On Nov 29, 2015
Emblem:
@Motherloventina,

Don't get worked up. My cousin was in a similar situation even though her own wasn't suspension. She was sacked..........VO asked why was she in South Africa for 4 months while she has a job. All she said was that she was on a training from office...........Trust me the crowed in the embassy is too much for the VO to pick phone to call or verify. No time..........Madam, you have no problem.

Don't say that if you not sure and please don't mislead anybody here
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ess: 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
I had more than $10k when I travelled to the US.
I did declare the money, it took sometime after they did some background checks which I clearly saw them opening my ds-160 form on their system.
I became a bit wary cause I had to fill in some details which I believe they were comparing.
Afterwards I asked the CBP officer if it was an issue to carry above $10k and he politely said that I can come in with as much as I wish but they just have to register the money to the government for God knows why.

Truly it is a pain getting PTA, what are the next best options?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cozybunch: 3:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
Emblem:

I currently have a valid B1/B2 visa but planning to apply for an F1 visa. I am married with a kid (US citizen). I don't know whether to bring my wife to the US on her B1/B2 Visa and then change status to F2 when she gets to the US.

What if her F2 get rejected, would she still be able to come to US on her visitor visa or does her visitor visa gets rejected too? Kindly advise

Also, if i get denied F1 visa, what happens to my valid B1/B2 visa.?

A change of status from b1/b2 to f1 visa while in u.s is nearly impossible. There are had core criteria to meet. It is easier getting it in nigeria hence you have admission and has met up with the requirements. All they will do is to conceal your b1/b2 without prejudice and issue the f1 visa and them while you are there you can apply for f2 for your wife.

Good Luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by veleta: 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
@ Lady G, biko which site did u get dat Delta fare?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Technocracy: 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
Goodday ladies and gentle men,I was invited to united states by my childhood friend who is a united states service man to attend his wedding,in the letter to me and for the embassy he including he would bear all the cost for my trip including the flight ticket to and fro,hotel accomodation and ground transport. In view of this do I need a good bank balance to convince the consular officer of my return amongst other documents such as employment and property. Pls I need ur valued advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
Technocracy:
Goodday ladies and gentle men,I was invited to united states by my childhood friend who is a united states service man to attend his wedding,in the letter to me and for the embassy he including he would bear all the cost for my trip including the flight ticket to and fro,hotel accomodation and ground transport. In view of this do I need a good bank balance to convince the consular officer of my return amongst other documents such as employment and property. Pls I need ur valued advice
Yes u need to establish TIES which could or could not include a good bank balance. Other factors count
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2015
veleta:
@ Lady G, biko which site did u get dat Delta fare?
I no see am again which made me modify the post. Its 220k now Lag-chicago United
New york 176 Lufthansa

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by veleta: 6:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
Nwanne Mmadu, biko which site did u see that?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
veleta:
Nwanne Mmadu, biko which site did u see that?
Skyscanner.com
Chai! U like cheap thing like me o! cheesy
Wait for cyber monday (echi) . Set an alert dor your destinations on skyscanner. Any deal u see tomorrow grab it!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by veleta: 9:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
thanks onye nkem, who no like better thing.pls, i use Master card debit card buh Lufthansa seems to only recognise Visa card.is it possible to make reservation n pay at their office.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 30, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Haba! Can't one have visas to the 3 countriess at the same tym? cheesy
I have a dream- na bad thing?! grin
I wonder o. Lmaoo!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2015
chloe7:
Ladyg my friend long time no see, I owe you a lot of apologies for being incommunicado, how has it been on the thread, justwise, tzetzefly and worryworry356, colored and everyone greetings to you, cheers cheers!
aww... Been a long time. Welcome back sweet. Btw it's colored

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Dyke004(m): 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2015
Hello friends. How has it been.
Pls I want to know if its possible to drive in US with Nigeria Driving License. Has anyone driven around without any issue there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by veleta: 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2015
Lady G, thanx for the invaluable information yesterday.i was able to get Delta.onye nke gi mere gi Nwanyi Oma.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2015
veleta:
Lady G, thanx for the invaluable information yesterday.i was able to get Delta.onye nke gi mere gi Nwanyi Oma.
Daalu kwa nwanne.Okwa Chukwu ka anyi na ekene!
finally! I snagged 161k to NY. Na cheap hotel I de find now cheesy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Teeboy22(m): 6:26am On Dec 01, 2015
May d remaining days of this new month being restoration to all ur lost dreams and aspirations! May u achieve all u've dreamt and planned to achieve!!
I wish u a happy new month!!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lebbyent: 7:21am On Dec 01, 2015
About a month ago I threw a question on this forum about the chances of myself and my family visiting visa to united states and I got no reply but the good news is we got our visa application approved yesterday 30 Nov. and we are so glad.

For people who intend to travel for US visit , all I will say is keep believing. The thing is all odds were against us in this and reason being that I have never traveled out of the country likewise my wife and we've never had experience of family vacation outside of the country. It was a virgin passport but we were able to convince the vo we will be coming back to Nigeria 2which is very important.

I thank the whole members of the forum and especially the owner of the forum, you contributions, experience shared on this forum proved to be very helpful. Have a blessed day

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by teetee12: 9:24am On Dec 01, 2015
please I need a clarification on this. Do I compulsorily need an invitation letter from my sibling in united state for visiting them? And if yes! what and what should the invitation letter contain? Again, how important is the statement of account during interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by vitus101: 10:42am On Dec 01, 2015
Hello house,happy new month y'all..Please I'd like to book for an appointment in Jan. I just want to ask the house If I can still get an available date in January. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by neks31(f): 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
LadyG Biko nwanne I trailed u to this thread!! I have a lot of kweshions to ask.. My elder sis want to apply for visit visa to come join me n help me with my lo when I give birth but she has virgin passport n zero travel history ... She works in one land rig with an oil producing company n she will be due to go on leave in Jan n she just started working there for a year!
Now my qts is ; should she apply dat she is going on vacay n do a reservation with a Newyork hotel cos she plans to visit there too or should she use d accommodation addy that I will be staying in d Us at d time of her interview?? D name she is working at her place of work with is diff from her bank statements n bank details tho she has a affidavit to back up her change of name before she got d job. Pls help me advise her n she is single n early 30s too!! Thanks n God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
neks31:
LadyG Biko nwanne I trailed u to this thread!! I have a lot of kweshions to ask.. My elder sis want to apply for visit visa to come join me n help me with my lo when I give birth but she has virgin passport n zero travel history ... She works in one land rig with an oil producing company n she will be due to go on leave in Jan n she just started working there for a year!
Now my qts is ; should she apply dat she is going on vacay n do a reservation with a Newyork hotel cos she plans to visit there too or should she use d accommodation addy that I will be staying in d Us at d time of her interview?? D name she is working at her place of work with is diff from her bank statements n bank details tho she has a affidavit to back up her change of name before she got d job. Pls help me advise her n she is single n early 30s too!! Thanks n God bless
See. The issue is really not her purpose for travel rather ties. Its always more difficult (but not impossible ) to convince a vo with no travel history.
She has to fill her form properly. In spite. Of the affidavit, she has to include the former name in the column for any name answered before in the ds160.
Since her true purpose of travel is to assist u, I believe she should state that as her reason for travel and maybe plus sightseeing and shopping. In which case she can use your same booking
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by neks31(f): 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

See. The issue is really not her purpose for travel rather ties. Its always more difficult (but not impossible ) to convince a vo with no travel history.
She has to fill her form properly. In spite. Of the affidavit, she has to include the former name in the column for any name answered before in the ds160.
Since her true purpose of travel is to assist u, I believe she should state that as her reason for travel and maybe plus sightseeing and shopping. In which case she can use your same booking

So true and she is single pinging baby again hian!! I've been telling her to just go to dubai when she is off work cos she does 2 weeks in n 2 weeks off!! Maybe she will just PRAY and try !! Tnx a lot

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by thegreengooner(m): 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
Dyke004:
Hello friends. How has it been.
Pls I want to know if its possible to drive in US with Nigeria Driving License. Has anyone driven around without any issue there.

Yes...I have several times...if you are renting, the rental company will ask for it and make a copy of it for your file...they may also ask to see your passport.

Never been pulled over, but if you are only visiting temporarily, you can use your Nigerian drivers license
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Truth4Ever: 10:40am On Dec 02, 2015
Abeg o my good people of nairaland, I want to buy BTA and I learnt I can't buy more than $4,000 at a time and I intend to buy lots of things from US that I will sell here. I will be traveling with my child of 3 years. Is it possible to buy BTA with her traveling documents too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by suemie4ever(f): 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
2013 my uncle and his wife who are both citizens invitedus to their house warming ,we are taking care of our expences except accomadation (we will bestaying in my uncles house ) my husband is into business in which i am a director we have four kids and they are allin school our company is registered with cac and we pay our company and income tax faithfully we own properties worth millions but at that time we had no personal saving account though we started working on it after the denial We made a mistake when filling our form 2013 as a novice i didnt give much information i thought that all i needed was to carry all our documents but unfortunately we were not asked to show anything we were denied on d base that there was no socioeconomic ties 214b my family and i wants to apply again do we need to tell them that we are being invited again and my husband will not be accompanying us this time around is any other thing we are leaving out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by neks31(f): 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
Truth4Ever:
Abeg o my good people of nairaland, I want to buy BTA and I learnt I can't buy more than $4,000 at a time and I intend to buy lots of things from US that I will sell here. I will be traveling with my child of 3 years. Is it possible to buy BTA with her traveling documents too.

No u can't
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Truth4Ever: 1:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
neks31:

No u can't

Thank you neks31

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.