Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531996 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by emeriem: 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
Has anyone experienced this or know the solution?
A friend filled the form Ds160 and booked an appointment. She later retrieved the application and made some corrections. The application number changed due to the correction. Yesterday was her interview but she was sent back because the appointment Barcode didn't tally with the application confirmation. This is because she booked appointment before she made the correction. She's been trying to book a new appointment but her receipt number is not accepted. Has anyone experienced this or have a solution? Also do you have any idea on how she can get a closers date for another appointment? Please reply asap. Thanks in advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by buzzbuss: 2:38pm On Sep 24, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Brethren please can we not quote real long posts? Is it possible to just copy/mention the person you wanna reply?
Na beg I de beg!

Am sorry for that... Noted... Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
emeriem:
Has anyone experienced this or know the solution?
A friend filled the form Ds160 and booked an appointment. She later retrieved the application and made some corrections. The application number changed due to the correction. Yesterday was her interview but she was sent back

See page 0 of this thread please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2016
[quote author=sweetg post=49632378][/quote]

Sound, pretty sound. I quite acquiesce to most of these!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2016
Hello my country people. How has it been? Work, family business? We thank the Lord. Loll
So I landed in JFK. POE was uneventful. Within 50mins of getting my luggage, I was out!
Finished my training yesterday and am Tryna enjoy the rest of my days tho short before I go back.
You see, at the end of the day, it's the kind of leader both countries have that make the difference. Nigeria is blessed if our leader can give us a good system.
I see some Nigerians here and I ask myself, how did this ple get visa? Lolll. (pardon me but I know some people here will know what am talking about).
Some Nigerians here are so full of themselves. Lolll. Like Ohhhh, you just coming to America!!!? Lolll. I don't hesitate to tell them other countries I have been to n they r like, ohh yeah. That keeps them shut!!! Loll.
End of my #POEexperience

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SelectedWill: 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
Hello does anyone have how much it would cost to do Ethiopian VISA? And get everything done?
2) can someone travel to one African country and later Dubai, does Dubai stand strong in the eyes of VO?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by montanaguy(m): 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2016
American white woman will be inviting me to America in Jan next year for a visit. What are the documents to be provided by me at the embassy? I'm just a military pensioner on a monthly pension of 48k. Also I am a first time traveler. What are my chances of securing a visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sammybuz(m): 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
please i need someone to enlight me on J1 visa cos my dad company wants to sponsor me to study an advance training either in shell or any oil and gas training school
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
montanaguy:
American white woman will be inviting to America in Jan next year for a visit. What are the documents to be provided by me at the embassy? I'm just a military pensioner on a monthly pension of 48k. Also I am a first time traveler. What are my chances of securing a visa?
What's your relationship with her? Also are you traveling for visit or to stay in the U.S Sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
SelectedWill:
Hello does anyone have how much it would cost to do Ethiopian VISA? And get everything done?
2) can someone travel to one African country and later Dubai, does Dubai stand strong in the eyes of VO?
We don't know. This is not an Ethiopian visa thread. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by gentleiphy: 4:10am On Sep 25, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
Just as advised. They issue 2yrs not 3yrs

Thanks for the correction on the 2yrs visit visa...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by montanaguy(m): 6:54am On Sep 25, 2016
seyewest:
What's your relationship with her? Also are you traveling for visit or to stay in the U.S Sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by montanaguy(m): 6:59am On Sep 25, 2016
We are dating online. We have arranged that she comes to Nigeria for our wedding. We have done the estimate what it would cost us. Her kids said they would like me to visit USA first then their mum can now come to Nigeria for our wedding. She has agreed to send me a letter of invitation, pay for my passport, and my flight ticket etc. I will be traveling for a visit. I will come back after my visit and wait for her arrival for the wedding. Since I don't work for now, I am just a military pensioner on 48k monthly pension, can I get a visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:30am On Sep 25, 2016
montanaguy:
We are dating online. We have arranged that she comes to Nigeria for our wedding. We have done the estimate what it would cost us. Her kids said they would like me to visit USA first then their mum can now come to Nigeria for our wedding. She has agreed to send me a letter of invitation, pay for my passport, and my flight ticket etc. I will be traveling for a visit. I will come back after my visit and wait for her arrival for the wedding. Since I don't work for now, I am just a military pensioner on 48k monthly pension, can I get a visa?
Patience Sir. When you get to the embassy, you ask the VO. Only he can answer you.
On the other , you can self evaluate yourself objectively. What do you have that can be considered a home tie? If you were a vo will you likely grant yourself visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ajalaonifaaji: 11:33am On Sep 25, 2016
Good Morning y'all, I agree with LadyGuinivere & Seyewest regarding quoting long posts, it really ain't necessary and makes a page unnecessary long.

I arrived yesterday evening and I just realized that I wasn't stamped out at JFK. Although I sent a mail to the US embassy this morning to that regard to avoid stories that touch in the future. No reply yet. (I was pretty high when I was returning and didn't take cognizance of the outward screening process.)

As I promised earlier, lemme quickly share my vac experience with you guys.

My AirBnb host made the trip an unforgettable experience. She's a funny and lively elderly woman who migrated since the late 80's to the US from Kenya with her husband, who is late now....Bless his soul oh Lord. She's a retired nurse and has a son, about 22 years who has lived all his life in NYC. (He was the guy that picked his moms call when the immigration officer called while I was at the airport). The guy is a funny ass dude...when you combine Basket mouth and Bovi together... And also a jayejaye nigga...(Person wey won die meet person wey go kill am...lol.)

On arrival at the house, I met another tourist, a girl about 19yrs from Portugal who was also in the US for the first time and was also utilizing the AirBnb thingy. Oh, she's an amazing fellow... Speaks excellent English and moans in Spanish... Bless her soul oh Lord! (Ladies and gentleman, I'll like to draw a discrete curtain on extra-tourisit activities)

Moving around NYC in a cab can be quite expensive. My host wouldn't release her car to her son to take me around even if I will fuel it. Reason: He's had multiple DUI record and she just can't trust him again. So, with Felix's help, we rented a car. Armed with my intl driver's license and with Felix sitting beside me as my surrogate tour guide...slamming 2pac's song on the stereo, I got on the wheels for my very first driving experience in the US. I didn't quite understand why motorist were driving not so fast in some places and increased the tempo in other parts of the road....me just dey drive any where belle face...na so I overtake one police sedan (although I wasn't speeding excessively)...the guy just blow siren straight. I parked, Felix advised I switch of the engine and keep my hands on the steering wheels. The officer walked up to us questioned us, I kept a smiling innocent face, told him am a tourist and just taking a joy ride, and am used to KM/h, rather that the Mph. He checked the car reg and my license, told me I should only get on wheels when am familiar with the roadsigns and speed limit, gave me a warning and left us....Bless the Autobahn oh Lord!...I've done 220 on the Autobahn...I hope y'all can relate...lol

Acclimatizing in NYC was quite easy...weather is hot, hotter than Lagos I guess, the city is chaotic and beautiful at the same time. everything you need to buy are just a stone throw away, bars are opened till late night (am a nocturnal person), some ******* club are opened everyday of the week. Living with an AirBnb host makes you feel like a local rather than a visitor, compared to a hotel.

NYC as a lot in common with Tokyo. Look at Donald Trump, now look at Borris Johnson...any connection?? Heheheheh...I hope you get my drift...lol.

We booked greyhound bus ticket to Washington for myself, Felix and Isabella. The bus trip rather than visit was what I enjoyed most. The bus was very spacious, very comfy above all...had a charging port, WiFi and Isabella by my side!...what else can the son of man ask for?

Washington was quite uneventful, that place has a very serious look while NY has a playful setting. I wish I could meet Sasha on that trip... Lol. I swear I like that girl, in fact, I love her. She's gat so much economic advantage and would make a great wife just like her mother. Have gat so much respect for Mitchell Obama, as much as I have for Angela Merkel and Christine Amanpour.

I would like to visit again, but this time for a Royal Caribbean cruise from Florida... Maybe next year August. If you've gat similar plans, you can holla so we can plan the trip.

In conclusion, I strongly support Mamateniola's point. The major difference between Nigeria and the US is the system. Our leadership system lays a blueprint of corruption. A system that is parasitic. A system where nepotism comes before commonsense.

As an individual, I strongly believe in Nigeria, we just need to put our economic structures right. We are far too blessed to be poor in this country. Countries like Kenya for instance are getting things right... Did you know Kenya exports fresh flowers to Europe?? I saw that with my eyes at the cargo wing of Jomo Kenyatta airport this year..now you know!. How much more Nigeria that has commodities far valuable than flowers. We just need to look inwards and make our system work.

***In addition, the youths of a nation are the future of that nation. You can testify to the fact that most Nigerian youths spend long hours doing unproductive stuffs on the internet. Its either they are fighting inter-tribal war or fighting continental war on best jollof rice in Africa. As a person, although, I used to have a Myspace account during my time at Bradford...Somebody must have taken over my space by now..lol.. I do not have an Instagram or a Twitter account, No, having one is not bad, but, I know I will end up spending long unproductive hours on them, hence, will make me less productive at work. Many jobless Nigerian graduates do not even have a LinkedIn account, yet they are celebrities on Instagram. #ChangeBeginsWithTheYouths

God bless Nigeria, God Bless America, God Bless LadyG, God Bless every single person that has contributed to this rich island of knowledge and God bless the black Ijebu boy typing this.

24 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mizbee: 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
Hello everyone. Pls, I av a 2years visit visa which will expire by February. I was meant to use it for a conference in Orlando when I first applied but cudnt go cos of unexpected events. I intend using it for like a 2 weeks vacation. My main concern now is, is it compulsory to arrive in Orlando, Florida which was the exact destination I stated in the application? Or can I use it to visit anywer in the US? Thanks. I await all ur reply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbanti: 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "and moans in Spanish...haaaa guy u bad gannnnnn"

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Akaraiwe(m): 2:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
@ajalaonifaaji

Your story tempts me to share mine. Walahi, I wont talk.....After the recession maybe I will talk.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
Akaraiwe:
@ajalaonifaaji

Your story tempts me to share mine. Walahi, I wont talk.....After the recession maybe I will talk.
The recession chop ur mb? grin tongue

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 2n2k(m): 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
@ ajalaonifaaji.

USA like U.K. don't stamp out during departure. They get the evidence of your exit from the Airline manifest and update their record after your departure.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hodusglobal(m): 2:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
The recession chop ur mb? grin tongue
lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 2n2k(m): 2:31pm On Sep 25, 2016
Double post
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mizbee: 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
Hello everyone. Pls, I av a 2years visit visa which will expire by February. I was meant to use it for a conference in Orlando when I first applied but cudnt go cos of unexpected events. I intend using it for like a 2 weeks vacation. My main concern now is, is it compulsory to arrive in Orlando, Florida which was the exact destination I stated in the application? Or can I use it to visit anywer in the US? Thanks. I await all ur reply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
@ajalaonifaaji @2n2k Although they don't stamp out when you leave the U.S I know they will scan your passport on exit which is not really different from manual stamping. @ajalaonifaaji that means that we should expect CRonaldo Junior in 9 months... Oshey grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:08pm On Sep 25, 2016
mizbee:
Is your visa B1 or B1/B2
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
seyewest:
Is your visa B1 or B1/B2
Is there any visa like B1 alone affixed to the passport?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mizbee: 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
seyewest:
Is your visa B1 or B1/B2
Its a B1/B2 visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
mizbee:
Its a B1/B2 visa.
You told them you're going for conference I believe you should do that no matter what.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 2n2k(m): 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
seyewest:
@ajalaonifaaji @2n2k Although they don't stamp out when you leave the U.S I know they will scan your passport on exit which is not really different from manual stamping. @ajalaonifaaji that means that we should expect CRonaldo Junior in 9 months... Oshey grin grin grin

Even Nigeria scans on arrival and exit smiley. I am yet to see any country that doesn't scan. That is why the world immigration body insist on machine readable passports - MRP.

However linking immigration system with airline system is peculiar to few countries like US and UK. France still does manual stamping in addition to scanning.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
mizbee:
You visa is valid for 2 years and can be used as you so desire within this period for any purpose consistent with the visa category. Meanwhile you may face some questioning at the POE, but rest assured it's nothing a good explanation wouldn't resolve.
If you're still in doubt, you may wish to contact the embassy via mail to rest your apprehension.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ajalaonifaaji: 9:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
Kbanti:
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "and moans in Spanish...haaaa guy u bad gannnnnn"

Heheheheh....na you bad pass....cuz na only that one you see qoute out of everything.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.