Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534596 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lonzo(m): 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2016
Hello Guys

Just want to ask a few questions

I am married with 2 kids

Work with an oil and gas firm, earn 321k monthly after tax

Been to the U.k once on a 6months visa, also got a 2yr visa which I didn't use due to transfer from work and some family issues

Wife and kids no travel history

Now I want to apply to the US with my son

But the issue now is I was denied Canadian visa this year and I hope this affect my chance with my son.

My wife is a teacher and also a make up artist who can't travel with me due to work commitments and several make up jobs on the weekend.

Just advice me on what you think as my son really wants to go as his eyes is always on Disney junior but I am thinking I stand a better chance alone.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mizbee: 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
Good evening to everyone. Please, were is better to change Naira to Dollars for my travelling? Is it with the aboki's or at the airport? Please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 7:00pm On Oct 03, 2016
mizbee:
Good evening to everyone. Please, were is better to change Naira to Dollars for my travelling? Is it with the aboki's or at the airport? Please.
If you are Lucky to get travelex at the airport, their rate is lower.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lakunsin12: 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
sugah:

If you are Lucky to get travelex at the airport, their rate is lower.

Never buy currency at the airport as the rates are notoriously poor.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 9:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
Lakunsin12:

Never buy currency at the airport as the rates are notoriously poor.
I mentioned travelex...they have been issuing travel allowance at close to interbank rate.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lakunsin12: 10:00pm On Oct 03, 2016
sugah:

I mentioned travelex...they have been issuing travel allowance at close to interbank rate.

Indeed you mentioned Travelex but close to interbank rate is not the same as interbank rate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by montanaguy(m): 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2016
seyewest:
If I'm right this is the 3rd or 4th time you're posting this question and to be honest only the V.O can answer your case. fill your form,submit and good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by montanaguy(m): 10:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Udiboy(f): 11:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
mizbee:

I can help you. I have 1300$ for now for exchange.
DM if interested. Between I am in the US and in DMV area. If you are not ok with online stuffs.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Mitolarge: 8:47am On Oct 04, 2016
hello guys, good morning, am new here though have been following and reading all your goo work
i have a question for the house, kindly assist
i work in an O&G coy i have a earning of abt 322k basic, i want to go on vacation with my wife and two kids,
what are my chances?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by komia: 10:57am On Oct 04, 2016
My visa process is different.
I applied USA B1-2 in Tokyo.
It was more like a formality as I already had japanese permanent residency, Schegen multiple entry, Canada and Australia topping up with a job ,investments and healthy bank accounts.
My appointment was 9:30am. Arrived 10minutes before time. Security check and documentation check. What I observed all. ISA applicants were either students or work related.

Me: good morning
Vo: good morning to you
Me: very cold day
Vo:indeed (smiling). What do you do in Japan
Me: work and live here
Vo: how long lived here
Me: 16yrs
Vo:very long
Me: majority of my adult life(both laughed)
... going through my passport
Vo: you travel a lot (been to more than 30countries).
Me: love adventure and exploring new cultures unfortunately hadn't been to USA.
Vo: why
Me: hadn't had a longer vacation like 2 months to explore USA more. Now I'm in a position to get longer vacation
Vo: I approve your visa and please wait for your passport for like a week
Me: thank you

I got my passport 6th day with a 10yr multiple entry

13 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by koonleh: 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
maddock:

Guy for your own good, don't raise a bit just get 1000usd like someone told you. If you go with 100usd and you don't ave a debit,credit card with money in it, you would definitely be turn back. The only reason you would be allowed in with 100usd is if you are Dangote, have traveled like 50times this year alone or carry a US passport.
i finally got in with my 289usd that was nt even asked for, it was the guy was tired, Jes asked aw long Am stayin and stamped 6mths. Thanks every1

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
komia:
My visa process is different.
I applied USA B1-2 in Tokyo.
It was more like a formality as I already had japanese permanent residency, Schegen multiple entry, Canada and Australia topping up with a job ,investments and healthy bank accounts.
Me: thank you

I got my passport 6th day with a 10yr multiple entry
Congrats and did you say 10yrs multiple? Is it with a Nigeria passport?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by montanaguy(m): 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2016
falopey:

You cannot be issued a visa on the basis of "I want to go and meet in America a friend or fiancee that I have no proof of previous meeting with. Both of you must have met before in person with proof within the last two years if she is your fiancee. And since you both want to get married visitors/tourists visa is the wrong option.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by montanaguy(m): 1:45pm On Oct 04, 2016
We started to communicate, chats and letter post in Aug this year. Please my questions are, is the period enough for me to apply for a visiting visa? if she eventually comes to Nigeria just for a visit and not for wedding this time. If she goes back to US, can I be eligible to apply for a visiting visa to go and visit her? In a situation whereby the visiting visa is issued to me, when she comes back for the wedding, when she goes back to file for my spouse visa, would the visiting visa be canceled to enable her file for my spouse visa? Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2016
montanaguy:
We started to communicate, chats and letter post in Aug this year. Please my questions are, is the period enough for me to apply for a visiting visa? if she eventually comes to Nigeria just for a visit and not for wedding this time. If she goes back to US, can I be eligible to apply for a visiting visa to go and visit her? In a situation whereby the visiting visa is issued to me, when she comes back for the wedding, when she goes back to file for my spouse visa, would the visiting visa be canceled to enable her file for my spouse visa? Thanks.

You will not be given a visa with that story.
The VO will suspect you of absconding and overstay.

To get a visa your ties to home would need to be ultra strong.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lonzo(m): 2:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
lonzo:
Hello Guys

Just want to ask a few questions

I am married with 2 kids

Work with an oil and gas firm, earn 321k monthly after tax

Been to the U.k once on a 6months visa, also got a 2yr visa which I didn't use due to transfer from work and some family issues

Wife and kids no travel history

Now I want to apply to the US with my son

But the issue now is I was denied Canadian visa this year and I hope this affect my chance with my son.

My wife is a teacher and also a make up artist who can't travel with me due to work commitments and several make up jobs on the weekend.

Just advice me on what you think as my son really wants to go as his eyes is always on Disney junior but I am thinking I stand a better chance alone.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
montanaguy:
We can't say... Maybe you should working on getting a visiting visa because your story has a lot of K leg and also the purpose of this is to migrate if I'm right?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by montanaguy(m): 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
seyewest:
We can't say... Maybe you should working on getting a visiting visa because your story has a lot of K leg and also the purpose of this is to migrate if I'm right?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by montanaguy(m): 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
Honestly I am not migrating to remain there. Just for a visit. In that case, we have arranged that she come to Nigeria for the wedding thereafter, she will go back and file for my spouse visa which I learned would take upto 10 month to 1 year. All the wedding requirements is gotten, hotel lodging and taxi cost gotten. I await for her arrival. Thanks for your inputs.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by guchi120(m): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
I must commend all those that take out time to educate first timers like me . God will pay you back in ways you do not expect, please I have an issue I dont know if I can get help here . I want to subscribe to an online community I belong to, is $60 I have tried all I know to do this but to no avail, please if any one can help me on this am willing to pay all service charges that will emanate from it , thank you all, hope to hear from anyone who can help. (Mastercard, visa, American express and paypal) , are all paying options.i tried crediting my PayPal account but it wasn't successful. embarassed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by danosky91(m): 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hello all, i really want to commend all those that have dedicated their time and effort to making this thread a success. I am opportune to stumble here. I applied for the US visa for i and my son just a year old we had our interview with the consular some days back, but this consular we met @ d embassy was really freaking. he denied me a visa due 2 d fact dat i stated that i was a student.we had our documents complete the visiting letter from a friend the friend's statement of a ccount bcus she is d sponsor, her family are employers overthere 2. So i would be tending anoda Visiting visa dis time together with my husband who is a legal practitioner,pls i would like to know the basics to go this time around to making my USvisa a success as a family going together.would really appreciate ur replies.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
danosky91:
Hello all, i really want to commend all those that have dedicated their time and effort to making this thread a success. I am opportune to stumble here. I applied for the US visa for i and my son just a year old we had our interview with the consular some days back, but this consular we met @ d embassy was really freaking. he denied me a visa due 2 d fact dat i stated that i was a student.we had our documents complete the visiting letter from a friend the friend's statement of a ccount bcus she is d sponsor, her family are employers overthere 2. So i would be tending anoda Visiting visa dis time together with my husband who is a legal practitioner,pls i would like to know the basics to go this time around to making my USvisa a success as a family going together.would really appreciate ur replies.

Strong ties that prove you will return home after your visit.
And healthy finances.

Remember strong ties.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
montanaguy:
Oga. Please help yourself by researching. Read this thread upandan. We are not vos and cannot tell you your fate.
What we can tell you however, is that you can travel to the US just to charge your phone, or eat their burger or visit a pen pal. You do not need an invite from anybody.
AS LONG AS you have ties to Nigeria. So read the thread and be honest to yourself, self evaluate and decide if you think u should pay 53k.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2016
danosky91:
Research- Read this thread. Pick up tips on form filling and interview process. By the time you do, you will realise documents and invites and all the other factors you mentioned are not neccessary for the US visa process.
Hard work- it is not easy to go through the thread
Honesty
Good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
Someone cannot travel and open D's thread without seeing plenty pages! Haba, am tired of reading!

Lady G, I de do omugwo for Yankee o! Ko easy rara

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by danosky91(m): 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Research- Read this thread. Pick up tips on form filling and interview process. By the time you do, you will realise documents and invites and all the other factors you mentioned are not neccessary for the US visa process.
Hard work- it is not easy to go through the thread
Honesty
Good luck
ok tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.