Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533589 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugarbuddy: 1:54am On Nov 09, 2016
@ LadyG and others, still expecting your view as per my question.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 2:26am On Nov 09, 2016
@sugarbuddy (your moniker tho. Lollll) you haven't stated what sins you committed but I know there is a column while filling your form where they ask :have you ever misrepresented ' or something, you can state yes.
In the morning, you will get more answers.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by freshskillz: 2:48am On Nov 09, 2016
Good day nairalanders,my grandpa was invited by his nephew to visit the United States,my grandpa is 88 years old,he wants me to accompany him,what are my chances of getting the visa too?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:36am On Nov 09, 2016
sugarbuddy:
@ LadyG and others, still expecting your view as per my question.

I have no idea what u did. Be that as it may. U misrepresented.
There's a column for why u were refused on the ds 160- that space can be utilized
There's a column for have you tried to enter into the US fraudulently-that space can be used.
Until you sort your ish, done waste money and effort on a family application #myview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:40am On Nov 09, 2016
freshskillz:
Good day nairalanders,my grandpa was invited by his nephew to visit the United States,my grandpa is 88 years old,he wants me to accompany him,what are my chances of getting the visa too?
Consult your ifa priest for this answer...
Or Imam... Both stand better chances of predicting your chances than any of us do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Consult your ifa priest for this answer...
Or Imam... Both stand better chances of predicting your chances than any of us do
cheesy Kai! But you wicked Oh cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 7:47am On Nov 09, 2016
Worldwiide:

cheesy Kai! But you wicked Oh cheesy

But it was the #fact, no better amswer
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SekSek: 10:54am On Nov 09, 2016
In other news, All hail the New President of USA Donald John Trump!!! I knew he will win.

Visa applications will reduce now.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Goldie10: 11:02am On Nov 09, 2016
Thanks a lot, we will do that.

LadyGuinivere:

Your travel date is not cast in stone so what you Have is a personal desicion. I see no dilemma here.
For a closer date, you monitor the dates at midnight to check if any dates opened up from cancellations.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Goldie10: 11:07am On Nov 09, 2016
Thanks so much for the feedback.

Fyorgyn:

1. Wake up in the middle of the night and check... Dates seem to open up at that time. My sister, for instance, completed her application early Oct and was to have her interview on the 10th of November... On the 24th of October she just checked at about 1-2am and a 26th October was available.

2. If you're eligible you can apply for an expedited interview.

All the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 11:45am On Nov 09, 2016
SekSek:
In other news, All hail the New President of USA Donald John Trump!!! I knew he will win.

Why would visa applications reduce? Trump na winch

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SekSek: 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
Burger01:
Why would visa applications reduce? Trump na winch

Lol...Fear they will be denied ni or wont be able to stay back
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 2:43pm On Nov 09, 2016
^^^

If you are qualified you will be approved. If you want to immigrate you do so legally. smiley

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:09pm On Nov 09, 2016
SekSek:

Who said application is gonna reduce? Instead people will visit U.S and return at the appropriate time.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by belle16: 5:02pm On Nov 09, 2016
Hello Nairalanders. Please I require assistance with regard to getting my US dropbox confirmation letter. My B1/B2 visa was issued in London and it will be expiring on the 8th of December. I'm a Nigerian and I'm fully back in Nigeria now. I created a new account for scheduling appointment and getting my dropbox confirmation letter but after answering the eligibility for dropbox/exemption from interview questions, a page for selection of appointment date appeared. I think this should not be so since I meet the requirement for dropbox. Please what did I do wrong? I'll appreciate some guidance please. Many thanks in anticipation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2016
belle16:
Hello Nairalanders. Please I require assistance with regard to getting my US dropbox confirmation letter. My B1/B2 visa was issued in London and it will be expiring on the 8th of December. I'm a Nigerian and I'm fully back in Nigeria now. I created a new account for scheduling appointment and getting my dropbox confirmation letter but after answering the eligibility for dropbox/exemption from interview questions, a page for selection of appointment date appeared. I think this should not be so since I meet the requirement for dropbox. Please what did I do wrong? I'll appreciate some guidance please. Many thanks in anticipation.
Go back.
Re read the qualifications for dropbox...Are you really qualified or do you THINK you are?
Was your first visa issued in Nigeria?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by belle16: 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2016
Hello Lady G. Thanks for your prompt response. I have read d requirements several times. The first specifies that the applicant should be a Nigerian passport holder or if not then he/she must be resident in Nigeria n his visa issued in Nigeria. It looks like one or the other.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2016
belle16:
Hello Lady G. Thanks for your prompt response. I have read d requirements several times. The first specifies that the applicant should be a Nigerian passport holder or if not then he/she must be resident in Nigeria n his visa issued in Nigeria. It looks like one or the other.
belle16:
Hello Nairalanders. Please I require assistance with regard to getting my US dropbox confirmation letter. My B1/B2 visa was issued in London and it will be expiring on the 8th of December. I'm a Nigerian and I'm fully back in Nigeria now.

You asked a question and answered yourself and confused yourself again.
Your last visa wasn't issued in Nigeria so you are not eligible for Dropbox from Nigeria.

And doesn't mean one or the other...it means you have to satisfy both criteria.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by belle16: 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2016
Hello Lady G. Thanks for your prompt response. My first visa was issued in London.. However, I have read d requirements several times and the first criteria specifies that the applicant should be a Nigerian passport holder or if not then he/she must be resident in Nigeria n his visa issued in Nigeria. It looks like one or the other.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by belle16: 7:57pm On Nov 09, 2016
Lady G, thanks a lot for the clarification.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
belle16:
Lady G, thanks a lot for the clarification.
Moving to Nigeria permanent means your circumstance has changed hence the need for you to go for the interview. Don't be scared everything will be fine.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:23pm On Nov 09, 2016
belle16:
Hello Lady G. Thanks for your prompt response. My first visa was issued in London.. However, I have read d requirements several times and the first criteria specifies that the applicant should be a Nigerian passport holder or if not then he/she must be resident in Nigeria n his visa issued in Nigeria. It looks like one or the other.
I referred you back because clearly you read what you wanted into the requirement.
The clause reads 'And' not 'or'
Simply put,you do NOT qualify for dropbox in Nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
seyewest:
Moving to Nigeria permanent means your circumstance has changed hence the need for you to go for the interview. Don't be scared everything will be fine .
Each time I read this phrase...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bogolobango(m): 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2016
What Abt those that had thier interview today make una come give us testimony

Abi una dey Fear trump

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:25am On Nov 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Each time I read this phrase...
LadyG won't everything be fine if they do the right thing? abi you want me to say everything will be hard... I can only advice and encourage.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by feddy27: 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2016
belle16:

My first visa was issued in London too and I successfully renewed via dropbox at Abuja.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tamotiye: 2:15am On Nov 11, 2016
Hi all. Got a question. I've got an appointment coming up next week and for some reasons when I was filling up my appointment I put the wrong visa type -B1 instead of B1/B2 even though my wife told me but I was in a hurry. I called the embassy the next day and the dude told me the B1/B2 is the same category and I should tell the VO during interview. So my question is should I tell the VO before the beginning of the interview? And has anyone had this issue? My appointment is already set up so no way I can change that. Even though I missed earlier one because of work. My DS-160 was filled correctly with the correct visa type, just the appointment part was wrongly filled and I'll be the only one needing the visa since my wife is a EU citizen. She's pissed as Bleep lol. Help me out house.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ugosly(m): 8:53am On Nov 11, 2016
Hello good people of this great house, I bring you greetings from our members (Silent Readers Association).
I'm due for Chicago Illinois in two weeks time, any idea on where to get the best deals as par cheap flights, and would also love to know if there's a direct flight from Lagos to Illinois.
Thanks y'all, looking forward to your prompt response.

PS:God bless all the people answering and responding to all kinds of questions both relevant and dumb questions FREE OF CHARGE, seyewest, ladyguinivere,cozybunch and the others...you guys just dont know the level humanitarian and moral support you are rendering here.
I'm a beneficiary of this thread, that's all I can say for now... cool

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:24am On Nov 11, 2016
ugosly:
Hello good people of this great house, I bring you greetings from our members (Silent Readers Association).
I'm due for Chicago Illinois in two weeks time, any idea on where to get the best deals as par cheap flights, and would also love to know if there's a direct flight from Lagos to Illinois.
Thanks y'all, looking forward to your prompt response.

PS:God bless all the people answering and responding to all kinds of questions both relevant and dumb questions FREE OF CHARGE, seyewest, ladyguinivere,cozybunch and the others...you guys just dont know the level humanitarian and moral support you are rendering here.
I'm a beneficiary of this thread, that's all I can say for now... cool
There's no direct flight to ORD(Illnois) but you can get good deals on wakanow,skyscanner and try each airline websites but please becareful of fake sites

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kindmman(m): 11:56am On Nov 11, 2016
Hello house, I have an interview on 23 of this month. However, I want you guys to help me out in this case. I filled in 'sibling' instead of 'uncle' for immediate relatives not including parents in the U.S. What effect does this have on my interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hi all,
LadyG, Justwise, Worry359, Seyewest, FrontPageLawyer, Burger01, Fyorgyn, et al. I greet thee all.
I have followed the Nairaland visa threads for up to a year (silently and unregistered), and read most of US Visit visa part 1, plus all of part 2. And now, it is time to give back.
My NIV application went well, thanks to the responses of the "ogas" and the questions (good, bad and ugly). I learnt a lot. Thank you all.

I would like to mention one thing that I can't recall coming across on the thread.

Apart from the usual, "no weapons", not metal, no food, no water, no phones, no earpiece, no flash drives, no cameras etc are permitted in the Consulate, people should know that smart watches (e.g. FitBit) are not allowed. In short, any device that can be construed as smart, should be left at home or in the car.

After passing all the external screening, as you enter the building, the airport level kind of scanning is in force to ensure that "you don't mistakenly take in any of the forbidden items". You can be sent back at that point, to go and keep your smart gadget, which means that you have to join the queue all over again.

Having said that, I chose the 7a.m. interview time, got to the Lagos Consulate at 6:15, and finished all the processes and interview and was out by 7:45a.m.: a full working day still ahead. That is sweet and it goes to prove (to me at least) that the USA visa is easy and applicant friendly: either you are qualified and prepared, or one of the two is (or both are) lacking. (God helps those who help themselves, and do the right things.)

---> TS will follow shortly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49