Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534859 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:05am On Nov 28, 2016
Dandeedadrunk:

Thanks boss. The consular told her she gat no travel experience. Is it the same thing as the stronger ties you mean? Thanks brother
Maybe she felt it was because of lack of travel experience... If that was the case then she can do something about it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by edopeee(f): 11:00am On Nov 28, 2016
Hi everyone, kudos to the great job on this thread. Pls can one connect a flight to Atlanta from New York without issues at point of entry, since Atlanta was what I stated in my form before my visa approval. I found out its cheaper to connect flights than direct from Lagos. Pls advise how to avoid POE issues
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 11:04am On Nov 28, 2016
edopeee:
Hi everyone, kudos to the great job on this thread. Pls can one connect a flight to Atlanta from New York without issues at point of entry, since Atlanta was what I stated in my form before my visa approval. I found out its cheaper to connect flights than direct from Lagos. Pls advise how to avoid POE issues

TELL THE TRUTH!
You booked the connecting flight because it was cheaper.

Why is it so difficult to just tell the truth?
No need for made up stories.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:47am On Nov 28, 2016
edopeee:
Sure you can but you must be able to explain why you're flying into JFK not ATL and also have your ticket to Atlanta with you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 28, 2016
edopeee:
You should encounter no problems because your visa would be stamped at New York, since it's your entry point into the US. Your final US destination isn't an issue.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 12:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
worry359:

I don't think anyone ever reads that! grin
All we ever get is peoples impression of what they thought they heard. shocked

It would be so much simpler to answer peoples questions if they would quote the refusal reason given. (often 214b.)
very true.. grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
babylawyr:
Okay, so here we go.
Lady G, Justwise, sheuk, et all. come and hear my story oo

Background: i was denied in 2013. I felt my circumstance has changed significantly, i have a better paying job. i have visited more countries. It has been three years since the denial. So i decided to try again, i reapplied last month and fixed the interview for today 7:15am.

Pre-Interview: i read the whole thread USA Visit Part 1 and 2. I repeat, i read Part 1 and 2, everything. I was reading only transcripts tho, every night when i get home i read and read and read. I read like i was going for a job interview, i prepared all my answers. I prayed too oo. i prayed and prayed and prayed, i did a 9 days Novena in church by myself ( i can share the Novena prayer if anyone is interested),

I remember a man saying he removed his shoes at the embassy and said a prayer. LOL. Well, i removed my shoes too. It was not my plan but after all the standing, queuing, walking up and down. My feet began to ache i wore heels and they were uncomfortable (but lovely). i sha stylishly removed them one leg at a time, used each feet to touch the floor for like one second, said a quick prayer and wore them back. LOL. (the things we do for visa)

Interview:

VO: Why are you going to the US.
ME: im going on vacation, sightseeing and to see my sister.

VO: where are you going.
Me: ****, Atlanta, Georgia

VO: Have you travelled before.
Me: Yes i have, I have been to the UK, Istanbul, Dubai and Ghana.

VO: What do you do.
ME: Im a lawyer, i work as a ******* in ********* (telecoms)

VO: How long have you worked there.
ME: ** months. However, prior to that i worked in a law firm for 4 years and 2 months.

VO: Are you married
ME: No, not yet

VO: Do you have any children
ME: No, not yet *chuckles*

She types for like one minute (which felt like forever).

VO: Sorry, our systems are a bit slow today
Me: No worries (heart in mouth. praying silently).

She brings out the white paper.

VO: Pick up your visa at ............ *white paper* (i was not listening anymore). I felt like break-dancing.

No documents checked, she didn't even flip through the passport to see my visas. Hence, my conclusion that the decision was made already.

Advise:
1. Ignore the touts totally. I saw some people rushing to get 'entrance slip/card' from them. Imagine! i was amazed.
2. Dress the role. As a lawyer, i wore a black dress. Also wear comfortable shoes. There is a lot of standing queuing and waiting.
3. Even though you upload your passport successfully on the portal, please go with your passport. They scan passports now to their system.
4. Pray pray pray pray pray. With God on your side, who can be against you?

Thank you to everyone who ever shared a transcript.

Also, reading from Part 1 to Part 2, i want to commend Lady G, FPL, Omobendel, seyewest, Tzetzefly, Justwise, i saw a lot of 'sharp practices' and 'not so honest advise/conversation' (for lack of a better word) going on in the initial part of Part 1 of the thread. The quality of advice has improved greatly and thank you for not condoning sharp practices, promoting honesty and sanitising the thread.

God bless. (drops mic)

Judging from ur testimony....sounds like lady in window 1
Lol.....sorry,shouldn't be saying ds though

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by edopeee(f): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
[Thanks for the enlightenment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
@babylawyr Congrats and waiting eagerly for your POE success story... grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Dandeedadrunk(m): 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2016
seyewest:
Maybe she felt it was because of lack of travel experience... If that was the case then she should do something about it.

VO: what's the name of your company
My wife: XXXX
VO: how many children do you have ?
My wife: just one
She said the woman just handed her the blue paper inside her passport saying" You're ineligible for d visa u can reapply some other time " The woman also flipped through her virgin passport...

I'm just trying to know the major cause ,and when she can reapply with the above stated situation. Thanks to you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Dandeedadrunk(m): 3:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
worry359:

She will have been denied under 214b lack of ties to prove that she will return home after the visit.

She should only re-apply when she has stronger ties to show
otherwise she is wasting money.

DO NOT wast money on trips to African countries to disvirgin passport. They are not interested in such countries.

She said the woman just handed her the blue paper inside her passport saying" You're ineligible for d visa u can reapply some other time " The woman also flipped through her virgin passport...

I'm just trying to know the major cause ,and when she can reapply with the above stated situation. Thanks to you all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2016
Dandeedadrunk:

I'm just trying to know the major cause ,and when she can reapply with the above stated situation. Thanks to you all
The worst thing is that the visa fee is non-refundable; which is quite baffling.

I hope she gets better luck next time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Dandeedadrunk(m): 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2016
CFCman:

The worst thing is that the visa fee is non-refundable; which is quite baffling.

I hope she gets better luck next time
How soon do you think she can apply? Or do you know any stronger ties they she needs to include?
Thanks boss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2016
Dandeedadrunk:

How soon do you think she can apply? Or do you know any stronger ties they she needs to include?
Thanks boss
She could try again in 2 yrs time
Apart from having a child, or having a close family member in the US, I can't think of any other close ties that would meet the US Consulate's criteria.

But how could the VO think that she would abandon her child in Nigeria?

Mehn, the US practice of psychological evaluation is messed up

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
Dandeedadrunk:

I'm just trying to know the major cause ,and when she can reapply with the above stated situation. Thanks to you all.

This is my take on the issue... Most time we focus on the interview when our DS160 form was not properly filled... sometimes they will ask you if you've made travel arrangement and your answer is crucial here. Another example is what are your duties.. instead of answering what you do they will copy directly from google word for word..DS160 is full of traps just take your time when filling it and be truthful.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
@CFCman Can I ask you a few questions?
What does she do?
Do you have a U.S visa?
Have you traveled together as family?
How many countries has she been to?
Is she married with kids?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Godiloveu(f): 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
BelieveAndrew:
Hello NL,
I did my interview today and got denied,before I share my transcript,I want to let you all know dt a mistake was made during the filling of my DS-160 form..and the mistake is filling NO,instead of yes in the question that says have you traveled outside Nigeria before in the last five years...
My transcript.
VO-Good morning
Me- Good morning
VO- passport please
Me- passed and said thank you
VO-why are u going to the US
Me-for my annual vacation
VO-where
Me-New York
VO-what do u do
Me-Am an operator with Nestle Nigeria old
VO- Are u married
Me-No am.single but engaged
VO- Have you traveled outside Nigeria before,
Me- Yes,I have being to Dubai and Ghana once,but unfortunately i observed a mistake was made by filling NO instead of Yes after my appointment had being booked.....
She paused and looked at me when I said ds....and later continued typing
VO- do u have any kids
Me-Nope
VO-how long have u being working
Me-4 years
And this was when she said sorry,u are not eligible to a visa now,but i welcome you to reapply
I just said thank you and jejely collected my passport.
N:B- she didn't even looked at my passport to confirm the authenticity of my claim...and neither did she asked me for any documents...
Good people....help me touch light and let's know where d problem emanated from.....

Failure is only a postponed success........I dey wait Una......thanks

loving ur enthusiasm, next appointment na go for u Amen
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2016
seyewest:
@CFCman Can I ask you a few questions?
What does she do?
Do you have a U.S visa?
Have you traveled together as family?
How many countries has she been to?
Is she married with kids?
Don't know what she does
I once had a visa; but I'm now a citizen
Yes, I have travelled with my late dad and siblings.
According to the original poster, she hadn't travelled overseas before.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
CFCman.
People abandon kids all the time. Leave them with relatives and abscond.
I knew a DV lottery winner left all her 4kids with her sister for probably 5-10years and only sent money home.

Mums abandon kids with grandmas or babydaddys so nothing new.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:33pm On Nov 28, 2016
salsera:
CFCman.
I knew a DV lottery winner left all her 4kids with her sister for probably 5-10years and only sent money home.

Azzin ehhh! Reckless abandon!
@babylawyer congrats o! U wear koikoi go embassy ehhh.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
salsera:

Chai! Diaris God o cry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olu101: 10:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
Hi everyone.. please can someone advice me on this. I applied for US visa last year Nov (my Uncle invited my wife and i). Im self employed and i stated it and gave the name of my business.

Now my Wife and i want to reapply again-' 1, we want to apply as strictly tourist and claim we do not have family over there. We going to get hotel accommodation- can we do this? 2, i quit the business i was doing at the time i applied and i now run another business with different name from that when i applied. -hope they wont question me?

Please advise. Many thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
salsera:
CFCman.

seriously is this possible? I can't stay away from my family for 2 weeks not to talk of ultra abandonment... chai deris God oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kunzo: 5:34am On Nov 29, 2016
olu101:
Hi everyone.. please can someone advice me on this. I applied for US visa last year Nov (my Uncle invited my wife and i). Im self employed and i stated it and gave the name of my business.

Now my Wife and i want to reapply again-' 1, we want to apply as strictly tourist and claim we do not have family over there. We going to get hotel accommodation- can we do this? 2, i quit the business i was doing at the time i applied and i now run another business with different name from that when i applied. -hope they wont question me?

This is a mere desperation.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:59am On Nov 29, 2016
olu101:

Can u apply as a tourist and use hotel reservation? Yes
Can you run another business? Yes
Can you claim you do not have family? That would be a lie and misrepresentation? No sir. We cannot advice You to do that. Why do u feel you need to lie to get a visa? Do people with families in the us not get visas?

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Dandeedadrunk(m): 10:35am On Nov 29, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Can u apply as a tourist and use hotel reservation? Yes
Can you run another business? Yes
Can you claim you do not have family? That would be a lie and misrepresentation? No sir. We cannot advice You to do that. Why do u feel you need to lie to get a visa? Do people with families in the us not get visas?

Lady Gaga ,don't know why you skipped my question!!! There is God oooo...good morning Queen of Travel Section grin grin grin grin shocked shocked I heart you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by unclephilio123(m): 10:53am On Nov 29, 2016
olu101:

1.U can apply as tourist wit ur wife,and book hotel accomodatn,buh dnt lie,coz it is already on ur profile that u are having US contact.U can simply say u are having someone in U.S but u are using Hotel coz u dnt and ur wife dnt wanna be burden to his family,and he wil stil remain ur tourist's guide.
2.Yes u can another business name.......since evry1 is clamouring for better life.
Note:Ensure u enter how much u earn as a salary frm d bisness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
Dandeedadrunk:

Lady Gaga ,don't know why you skipped my question!!! There is God oooo...good morning Queen of Travel Section grin grin grin grin shocked shocked I heart you
1. Because I am not on a salary on NL
2. Because you have been answered
3. Because I truly fail to see the need to answer questions that the answers are obvious or the recors has been played so much sotay the tape has coiled.
If you feel she was denied cos of lack of travel history, then when do u think she should re apply? Think about it and give me your opinion please

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olaniyisal: 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
I was denied Student visa in 2013 and B1/B2 visa for attend a conference in 2015.

I just got married. My wife and I want to apply for B1/B2

1) before we met I had a passport already which had her maiden. can she still use the passport or request for a name change from passport office.
2) Which one is the best, should state that we going for honeymoon or vacation.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
Good day House,
i applied for us visa this yr july but was rejected under 214b (am single and never travelled out before.) i applied for south africa visa got it in september and travelled in oct. is it wise for me to apply for us visa again say in jan especially when the only thing that has changed is my travel history?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Dandeedadrunk(m): 1:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

1. Because I am not on a salary on NL
2. Because you have been answered
3. Because I truly fail to see the need to answer questions that the answers are obvious or the recors has been played so much sotay the tape has coiled.
If you feel she was denied cos of lack of travel history, then when do u think she should re apply? Think about it and give me your opinion please

Your only responded to embassy issue

What of " I heart you " ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
olaniyisal:
I was denied Student visa in 2013 and B1/B2 visa for attend a conference in 2015.

I just got married. My wife and I want to apply for B1/B2

1) before we met I had a passport already which had her maiden. can she still use the passport or request for a name change from passport office.
2) Which one is the best, should state that we going for honeymoon or vacation.

Thank you.
1. Madam can apply in her maiden name. It is permissible. My passport has been renews in ma maiden name nd that's what I'm still using. The descicion to change the name is a personal one and does not affect visa issuance
2. There will also be no difference in outcome. Whether you pick vacation or honeymoon as purpose of trip, the primary consideration still remains your ties. If the vo is satisfied with your ties, you can state that you are just going to charge your phone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.