Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531550 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 7:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Guys guys guys. It's just a US Visa biko. If Nigeria had developed itself with its natural resources, applying for US Visa would have been a formality.
Food for thought and no disrespect intended.
To whom do we accredit as the deity behind successful US Visa applications? The God of the christian, The Allah of the muslim, The Sango of the Sango worshipper, The Amadioha of the Amadioha worshipper or the nothingness of the atheist.
You getting your visa, is at the pleasure of the consular officer and nothing else, when I went for my interview; I saw a high ranking Army officer with his family, rejected and I was given, I had just started working, after returning from the UK with my MSc.

Thank you! Its sickening reading the "its just god", "pray, pray, pray", "fasting", quotes when folks attend visa interviews. The difficulty in obtaining visas for Nigerians is solely due to the incompetence of our government and our predilection for falsifying immigration documents and refusing to abide by immigration rules (including the most prayerful among us).

If we had all these many prayer warriors in Nigeria, why then is the country so backward and poor? Seems the Nigerian "god" only specializes in granting visas but not providing food, jobs, clean water etc. for "his" people.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by leopower(m): 8:25pm On Jan 03, 2017
here is d visa interview as copy form here into 1 piece and some useful hits i added

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:08pm On Jan 03, 2017
leopower:
here is d visa interview as copy form here into 1 piece and some useful hits i added
Thank U. Moved to the ist page. Kudos Sir

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Anthocracy(m): 7:46am On Jan 04, 2017
Please someone want to change his status as married to unmarried because somebody that filled her DS 160 form made a mistake and her interview is next month. Please help her on how she will go about it.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by holysinner01: 7:46am On Jan 04, 2017
Good morning guys, my interview is scheduled for nextweek but am scared i fcked up aleeady because my intended duration of stay is 3 weeks. I am a student of a private uni and i intend to travel with my aunt and her husband, they both have valid visas ,they intend to stay for three weeks, thats the reason why i wrote 3 weeks. My fear now is that wont they think that 3 weeks is too much for a final year student. Or do i just tell them i might not spend up to the theee weeks??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mic4us2005: 7:47am On Jan 04, 2017
i want to apply for the first time how can i go about ii ahve no document yet and live and brought up in nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 8:45am On Jan 04, 2017
holysinner01:
Good morning guys, my interview is scheduled for nextweek but am scared i fcked up aleeady because my intended duration of stay is 3 weeks. I am a student of a private uni and i intend to travel with my aunt and her husband, they both have valid visas ,they intend to stay for three weeks, thats the reason why i wrote 3 weeks. My fear now is that wont they think that 3 weeks is too much for a final year student. Or do i just tell them i might not spend up to the theee weeks??

3 weeks is fine. Focus more on convincing the VO of your ties to Nigeria. For example, you are still a student and you certainly intend to return to complete your college education.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 8:45am On Jan 04, 2017
mic4us2005:
i want to apply for the first time how can i go about ii ahve no document yet and live and brought up in nigeria

What is the purpose for applying?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:24am On Jan 04, 2017
First step: Go to page one of this esteemed forum, and read till you understand what you require.
Second step: Acquire all documents needed
Third step: Pay for visa fee
Fourth step: Fill in the forms, yourself, don't use any agent of hell called an agent.
Fifth step: Schedule and attend your interview
Sixth step: If successful, come here and share your transcript.

mic4us2005:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by holysinner01: 11:14am On Jan 04, 2017
TWoods:

3 weeks is fine. Focus more on convincing the VO of your ties to Nigeria. For example, you are still a student and you certainly intend to return to complete your college education.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Layover /stopovers in other countries does not entitle you to enter that country. You must have a visa. So if you want to enter those countries, if yoy don't have a visa, you will definitely have issues. And fyi 4 hours isn't a long wait.
Yes some countries are high on the US's watchlist and attract a higher level of scrutiny(eg colombia) . But if you have nothing, to hide then no ish.

tnx LadyG
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2017
holysinner01:

Clearly you Have not yet understood how the us visa thingie works.
Your purpose and lenght of stay plays second fiddle to your ties. Really. Take time out. Self evaluate. Based on the examples already set out , do you objectively feel you have ties to be granted a visa?
If yes, then 3 weeks is ok.
If you are still worried about travelling on vacation whilst still in school and in final year, then why are you applying?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolamax: 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2017
i am a silent reader of the educative thread and i must confess its an eye opener. but a quick pone house my wife and kid intends traveling to the usa this February. trying to complete the ds 160 and got to a portion where i need to fillin the contacts details over there and i dont have anybody there we intend to use hotel reservation. my question is do i leave that portion blank or should i fill in the hotel as my contact. kindly assist my people. bst regards in this 2017. OGA JUS WISE LADY G PLEASE ASSIST HERE .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by phemmy26(m): 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2017
kolamax:
i am a silent reader of the educative thread and i must confess its an eye opener. but a quick pone house my wife and kid intends traveling to the usa this February. trying to complete the ds 160 and got to a portion where i need to fillin the contacts details over there and i dont have anybody there we intend to use hotel reservation. my question is do i leave that portion blank or should i fill in the hotel as my contact. kindly assist my people. bst regards in this 2017. OGA JUS WISE LADY G PLEASE ASSIST HERE .

Fill in the name of the hotel as your contact and the address of the hotel and even the phone number of the hotel. Ensure you did make a reservation at the hotel as they might want to verify it.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bravedude(m): 6:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
Hi everyone,how do I schedule a new visa appointment,it keeps bringing up my old visa appointment with an old passport info.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bravedude(m): 9:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
bravedude:
Hi everyone,how do I schedule a new visa appointment,it keeps bringing up my old visa appointment with an old passport info.

It has been taken care of.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SuccesYear: 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2017
TWoods:

a job well done. Pls enlighten me on this issue as I believe with God all things are possible.

A family friend of mine jst got me invited & will sponsor.
Jst completed service (NYSC) & seeking for employmt.

Pls how do u think I can convince the VO? Share me fr ur wealth of experience. &

Others opinions are welcomed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by vickyhail(f): 1:34am On Jan 05, 2017
Hello, I need help, am trying to renew my US visa, I have made payment already but on opening the page to apply for renewal they are saying they will require a pass port photograph to be uploaded , I don't know how to go about the passport photography thing, what do I do? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SuccesYear: 3:36am On Jan 05, 2017
SuccesYear:
a job well done. Pls enlighten me on this issue as I believe with God all things are possible.

Pls how do u think I can convince the VO? Share me fr ur wealth of experience. &

Anyone pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 5:41am On Jan 05, 2017
SuccesYear:

First off, the VO, not God determines whether you get an entry visa or not. God will not change the VOs mind by magic if you do not qualify for a visa based on the requirements.

Second, it would be hard to convince a VO to grant you a B1 visa if you are unemployed and out of school. I presume you are also unmarried and have no children. Basically there is nothing that you must return to after your visit in the US. You should defer your travel, get a good job, work for a while...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:13am On Jan 05, 2017
TWoods:

First off, the VO, not God determines whether you get an entry visa or not. God will not change the VOs mind by magic if you do not qualify for a visa based on the requirements.

Second, it would be hard to convince a VO to grant you a B1 visa if you are unemployed and out of school. I presume you are also unmarried and have no children. Basically there is nothing that you must return to after your visit in the US. You should defer your travel, get a good job, work for a while...
Nwanne Why u dey waste MB? Seriously.
Most Nigerians will come on here and quote the bible but forget that hardwork and other values are mentioned in that same bible.
Nothing you say will be heeded. In a coupla weeks now, somebody will post and call the vo angry and frustrated...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kollysweden: 8:50am On Jan 05, 2017
I've got a bit of my personal experience to share here. Justwise would know me too because I've emailed you two years ago for advice regarding applying for a Swedish visa which got turned down anyway.

So here's it. Am 24 Married to a Swedish citizen and I've been denied Swedish visas twice German visa once and Greece once. I took the Greeks to the European commission court before they finally issued my visa then went with it, flew to Sweden and got my permit there. Before I did that though I was denied American visa and here's the transcript.

VO- Good morning,
Me- I didn't answer
VO-Where are you going in the USA-
Me Hawaii
VO-Does your wife have a US visa(With a stupid look)
ME- No and I showed her my wife's passport (From this moment she got mad, why though? I don't know.)
VO-How old is your wife?
ME-20
VO-Where did you get married?
Me- Seychelles
VO-How long have you known each other?
ME-2 years
VO- The paper will tell you more about your denial blah blah blah
ME- Squeezed the paper into my pocked and bounced.

Immediately I got the paper, I drove straight and withdrew money from my account and paid for a new visa fee at GTB in Abuja because i felt I could still stand a chance. The VO didn't even ask for anything during the interview. Just checked my passport for visas (I've been to Asia, Ireland and South Africa with properties in South Africa itself even brought property documents in case I was asked why I go there alot) What I noticed though is the fact that two particular women VO on that day were denying ANY and EVERYONE while the men LISTENED carefully to everyone and for real if you had a convincing story the men will grant your visas and if you don't they won't. Got me wondering why it's this way. Anyway since I was called by the Greeks to get my visa and came to Sweden, I threw away the payment slip for the next interview and forgot about the whole American thing then last month my wife said we should try it again. Nah so we take train go Stockholm from Gothenburg. The embassy had about 4 applicants all of whom are on resident permit since Swedish citizens themselves don't need visas to Yankee.

VO-How are you
Me- Am good.
VO- Smiles
VO-What are you going to do in Hawaii?
ME-Oh you finally asked!! The other lady who interviewed me in Nigeria didn't even ask that! Well am going to renew our wedding vows
VO-(Nods)
VO- How long have you been here?
ME- 6months
VO-What do you do here?
ME- I co own my wife's nail saloon.
VO-Does your wife have a US visa? (At this point I don they think say shey my 1400 kronas visa fee no go waste again today sha?)
ME- She's a Swedish citizen
VO- Your visa has been approved come back in two days for your visa.(Note she didn't say congratulations, because there's nothing to congratulate you for. It's a VISA people!)
ME- I don't live in Stockholm so I need it faster than that.
VO-We will let you know if it's faster.

Nah so I bounce. 10 years visa Gbam! Funny thing it was like a chat.. No Tension,no big crowds, No B.S. Worst thing, I'll get denied and go home and I can easily visit after 4 years when I get my Swedish passport. No one will leave Sweden to go to Yankee and suffer. We don't have homeless people here etc. The thing is they don see us say we dey like run away and they rarely respect you if you apply from Nigeria. Only the lucky ones are able to get their visas. I remember while i was at the US embassy Abuja the crowd was WAYYY tooo much. I was like Jesus christ!!!! Even an elderly woman in her 70s was denied. I saw a commissioner denied too, funny thing he came with his protocol but they weren't allowed into the main interview room but were allowed to stay outside, he left with a daze in his eyes lol. It's so funny when LadyG etc talk about TIES?? What ties?? I mean who care about TIES?? Ties to what? This is Nigeria we are talking about! Anyone can leave any day any time. They know this and even those with millions and high ranking officers are denied.. Don't they have ties? I remember seeing a dude who wore a really nice blue suite.. He's in his mid 20s if am not wrong and he got his visa. We walked out together and I can hear him talking to his agent who was outside like "dem don die for Yankee oh, nah to born pikin fast remain". I laughed my ass off even though I'm pained about my denial. Anyways my advice for those who are applying is - American VISA is pure luck, forget ties.. Just go and apply if you have extra money to waste. It's a game of luck. Forget all these people who continuously talk about ties or travel experience since the decision is based on the person who is interviewing you. You can qualify and STILL get denied! The VO might not even like the way you look and deny you. Or he could be having a terrible day and deny you. Another thing is applying from Nigeria itself is a complete hassle. The crowd alone will make any VO want to discharge as many people as possible so as to finish up work for the day. I've seen people not wanting to leave the VO's front after been denied lol, in my mind am like he won't change his mind even if you stand there the whole day. So it all depends on luck IF YOU'RE APPLYING FROM NIGERIA. NOTHING ELSE. Goodluck!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 9:07am On Jan 05, 2017
Good morning peeps. Happy New year. Wish you all a fruitful 2017.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 9:35am On Jan 05, 2017
True talk.
Kollysweden:
I've got a bit of my personal experience to share here. Justwise would know me too because I've emailed you two years ago for advice regarding applying for a Swedish visa which got turned down anyway.

So here's it. Am 24 Married to a Swedish citizen and I've been denied Swedish visas twice German visa once and Greece once. I took the Greeks to the European commission court before they finally issued my visa then went with it, flew to Sweden and got my permit there. Before I did that though I was denied American visa and here's the transcript.

VO- Good morning,
Me- I didn't answer
VO-Where are you going in the USA-
Me Hawaii
VO-Does your wife have a US visa(With a stupid look)
ME- No and I showed her my wife's passport (From this moment she got mad, why though? I don't know.)
VO-How old is your wife?
ME-20
VO-Where did you get married?
Me- Seychelles
VO-How long have you known each other?
ME-2 years
VO- The paper will tell you more about your denial blah blah blah
ME- Squeezed the paper into my pocked and bounced.

Immediately I got the paper, I drove straight and withdrew money from my account and paid for a new visa fee at GTB in Abuja because i felt I could still stand a chance. The VO didn't even ask for anything during the interview. Just checked my passport for visas (I've been to Asia, Ireland and South Africa with properties in South Africa itself even brought property documents in case I was asked why I go there alot) What I noticed though is the fact that two particular women VO on that day were denying ANY and EVERYONE while the men LISTENED carefully to everyone and for real if you had a convincing story the men will grant your visas and if you don't they won't. Got me wondering why it's this way. Anyway since I was called by the Greeks to get my visa and came to Sweden, I threw away the payment slip for the next interview and forgot about the whole American thing then last month my wife said we should try it again. Nah so we take train go Stockholm from Gothenburg. The embassy had about 4 applicants all of whom are on resident permit since Swedish citizens themselves don't need visas to Yankee.

VO-How are you
Me- Am good.
VO- Smiles
VO-What are you going to do in Hawaii?
ME-Oh you finally asked!! The other lady who interviewed me in Nigeria didn't even ask that! Well am going to renew our wedding vows
VO-(Nods)
VO- How long have you been here?
ME- 6months
VO-What do you do here?
ME- I co own my wife's nail saloon.
VO-Does your wife have a US visa? (At this point I don they think say shey my 1400 kronas visa fee no go waste again today sha?)
ME- She's a Swedish citizen
VO- Your visa has been approved come back in two days for your visa.(Note she didn't say congratulations, because there's nothing to congratulate you for. It's a VISA people!)

Nah so I bounce. 10 years visa Gbam! Funny thing it was like a chat.. No Tension,no big crowds, No B.S. Worst thing, I'll get denied and go home and I can easily visit after 4 years when I get my Swedish passport. No one will leave Sweden to go to Yankee and suffer. We don't have homeless people here etc. The thing is they don see us say we dey like run away and they rarely respect you if you apply from Nigeria. Only the lucky ones are able to get their visas. I remember while i was at the US embassy Abuja the crowd was WAYYY tooo much. I was like Jesus christ!!!! Even an elderly woman in her 70s was denied. I saw a commissioner denied too, funny thing he came with his protocol but they weren't allowed into the main interview room but were allowed to stay outside, he left with a daze in his eyes lol. It's so funny when LadyG etc talk about TIES?? What ties?? I mean who care about TIES?? Ties to what? This is Nigeria we are talking about! Anyone can leave any day any time. They know this and even those with millions and high ranking officers are denied.. Don't they have ties? I remember seeing a dude who wore a really nice blue suite.. He's in his mid 20s if am not wrong and he got his visa. We walked out together and I can hear him talking to his agent who was outside like "dem don die for Yankee oh, nah to born pikin fast remain". I laughed my ass off even though I'm pained about my denial. Anyways my advice for those who are applying is - American VISA is pure luck, forget ties.. Just go and apply if you have extra money to waste. It's a game of luck. Forget all these people who continuously talk about ties or travel experience since the decision is based on the person who is interviewing you. You can qualify and STILL get denied! The VO might not even like the way you look and deny you. Or he could be having a terrible day and deny you. Another thing is applying from Nigeria itself is a complete hassle. The crowd alone will make any VO want to discharge as many people as possible so as to finish up work for the day. I've seen people not wanting to leave the VO's front after been denied lol, in my mind am like he won't change his mind even if you stand there the whole day. So it all depends on luck IF YOU'RE APPLYING FROM NIGERIA. NOTHING ELSE. Goodluck!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 9:48am On Jan 05, 2017
Kollysweden:

I tire. As a US PR, i still have to apply for Schengen visas. I only appeared once to give fingerprints. The last time, i simply mailed in my passport and the visas are approved with no problems. No begging, no prayers, no need for fasting, no need to practice interview answers. They simply mail you the passport with the stamped visa... no celebrations, congratulations or anything of the sort. Its simply a visa, not an extension of life. We are treated very poorly at foreign embassies because they know we are desperate, poor, dishonest and incompetent!

10 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 11:03am On Jan 05, 2017
TWoods:

I tire. As a US PR, i still have to apply for Schengen visas. I only appeared once to give fingerprints. The last time, i simply mailed in my passport and the visas are approved with no problems. No begging, no prayers, no need for fasting, no need to practice interview answers. They simply mail you the passport with the stamped visa... no celebrations, congratulations or anything of the sort. Its simply a visa, not an extension of life. We are treated very poorly at foreign embassies because they know we are desperate, poor, dishonest and incompetent!

We don't have to be so denigrate in our speech and assessment. Past experiences has made it problematic making positive judgement on genuine applicants. What is necessary is for would-be applicants to be constructive and organised before & during interviews this helps in a lot of ways.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 11:07am On Jan 05, 2017
Anthocracy:
Please someone want to change his status as married to unmarried because somebody that filled her DS 160 form made a mistake and her interview is next month. Please help her on how she will go about it.

Thanks

You are looking at an extensive ban period!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 11:12am On Jan 05, 2017
tzetzefly:

We don't have to be so denigrate in our speech and assessment. Past experiences has made it problematic making positive judgement on genuine applicants. What is necessary is for would be applicants to be constructive and organised before & during interviews this helps in a lot of ways.

In my view, what is necessary is for visa applicants to be entirely honest in their applications and at their interviews.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2017
esosa4real:
Good day @ladyguinivere @all, greetings and pls I need your advice.

I plan to honestly visit my only surviving uncle in the US (Maryland) who is sick and on dialysis but I don't know how to go about my application due to some points.

1. I am a 29 year old single medical doctor working in Saudi Arabia (legal resident) but on a 2months holiday in Nigeria till February. I have visited UK, brazil, South Africa and Nepal all for Medical Conferences and never broke any law. My worry here is how to demonstrate ties to Nigeria as I want to apply from Nigeria since I am on vacation here. Is this possible and allowed

2. I don't know my chances if I apply from Saudi Arabia as there have been worrying concerns about Saudi due to terrorism and security threat, Infact my UK renewal a few months ago for a sept conference was denied on very flimsy excuses. (I think the western world are very careful about them now for political reasons)

Each application is treated on its own merit. The CO will assess your application as it relates to security of the States, job profile, reasons for visit, place of residence; and solid ties you have at your place of application, basing these on any likely immigrant intent.

Once you have doubts in one or more of these variables especially on security, you must know that your application can be administratively reviewed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 11:38am On Jan 05, 2017
TWoods:

In my view, what is necessary is for visa applicants to be entirely honest in their applications and at their interviews.

That is true.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
Kollysweden:

You can qualify and STILL get denied! The VO might not even like the way you look and deny you. Or he could be having a terrible day and deny you. Another thing is applying from Nigeria itself is a complete hassle. The crowd alone will make any VO want to discharge as many people as possible so as to finish up work for the day. I've seen people not wanting to leave the VO's front after been denied lol, in my mind am like he won't change his mind even if you stand there the whole day. So it all depends on luck IF YOU'RE APPLYING FROM NIGERIA. NOTHING ELSE. Goodluck!
Sweden is a western country so you don't really need ties but from what I know they (CBP) turn a lot of Europeans back at the airport especially ESTA applicant... Nigeria population is also a problem.. even if we are as developed as South Africa, U.S embassy will still find very excuse to deny 70% of the applicant.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kollysweden: 1:07pm On Jan 05, 2017
seyewest:

Sweden is a western country so you don't really need ties but from what I know they (CBP) turn a lot of Europeans back at the airport especially ESTA applicant... Nigeria population is also a problem.. even if we are as developed as South Africa, U.S embassy will still find very excuse to deny 70% of the applicant.

Never heard a Swede or any Scandinavian citizen turned back at US airports. People who are usually turned back are from Greece and Italy! Those two countries are notorious for going to the states to work on their visit visas since their economy is finished. And Nigerian population is NOT the problem, our corrupt leaders is the problem. They created this whole mess for us and made our country literally a failed state. I mean in 2017 we still don't have stable power.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.