Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,518 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1535681 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Graceee: 8:47am On Jan 20, 2017
finegirlna:

The baby is also a human being so they shud pay the 54400 visa fee , fill the form, book a date for the interview ,apply and go with the baby to the interview obviously the baby can't go dere alone
So they dont need to get appointment for themselves, Just the Baby alone and then accompany the Baby right??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Godiloveu(f): 8:59am On Jan 20, 2017
towontoprecious:
Good afternoon everyone.
I am one of the silent readers here..I just have to come and appreciate everyone here for sharing their transcripts and experience one way or the other cuz it really open my eyes to a lot of things...God bless you all
My transcript below:

Yesterday was my interview and went with all my documents which were not checked. I arrived at the embassy Lagos office by 6.40am and my appointment was for 7.00am and went through the security checks and after standing for a while, I entered for the interview. I did my finger print and passport photograph scanning and later join the queue for the interview. I was watching all what is happening (praying silently with my heart in my mouth) and how many are been refused by the VOs especially a very friendly lady giving out blue sheet with smile.

VO: Good Morning
Me: Good morning, how are you this morning
VO: Very fine. Thank you (smiles)
Me: (Smiles back)
VO: What are you going to do in the USA?
Me: For my annual vacation, take some days totally off work and sight see places
VO: Where are you going in USA?
Me: Virginia
VO: Virginia? Young people go to Texas, New York, Vegas…So why Virginia?
Me: I watched a documentary when I was in my final year about Luray Cavern formed by gradual sedimentation of stalactites……blah blah blah
VO: What do you do?
Me: I work with XYZ organization and also an MBA student in UNILAG
VO: Any relative in the USA?
Me: No, that was why I booked my hotel accommodation
VO: Have you travelled anywhere before?
Me: Yes, I have been to Togo and Ghana (road trip)
Vo: Are you married?
Me: No, but engaged
VO: When is your wedding?
Me: July 1st
VO: Where does he work?
Me: ***** Bank
VO: Any kid?
Me: Not yet
VO: Okay, Your visa is approved, this paper blah blah blah……………….
Me: Have a great day.

My Case Is Different grin cheesy

u re favoured, enjoy ur trip

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifyseun: 9:50am On Jan 20, 2017
Good morning beautiful people, please I require guidance in filling my ds 160 form...as I am a first timer...thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:41am On Jan 20, 2017
What information do you require, be specific, so the help can be meaningful, cheers.

ifyseun:
Good morning beautiful people, please I require guidance in filling my ds 160 form...as I am a first timer...thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oluwashegunfunm(m): 11:45am On Jan 20, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
What information do you require, be specific, so the help can be meaningful, cheers.

cool
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kunlewoye(m): 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
OK my peoples... apologies for the long submission

So I went for my interview on Wednesday Jan 18 which literally didn't last 3mins.
I was quite ready but wanted to crosscheck with my NL folks. I'll be going to visit relatives that gave me the invitation and to also attend my niece's graduation after promising her in December to be there.

I work in Naija although I was resident in the UK in the past and my last refusal for a US visa was in London citing some stupid reason. I was going to the US on vacation with my brother and his family at the time. Visa refusals have never really affected me the way people see it. I go just leave quietly and try another time as I no dey even send that Yankee, to be honest.

So a quick run through for you guys:

Document checklist:

Interview appointment confirmation page
DS-160 confirmation page with the uploaded photo and barcode (print in colour)
Introduction letter from my employer
Employment contract
payslips for the past 6months
2 passport photos (staple one of them to your DS-160. Not required but found it's one of the shady ways they make money off of u)
International passport
GTBank receipt
Bank statement (dating back 6months)
Invitation letter
Inviting person's passport page and work ID.

My interview was slated for 10:45am at Walter Carrington, VI
Left my office which is just further down Ozumba Mbadiwe around quarter past 9am. (Walter Carrington is off Ozumba, mind you).
Got there and made some quick calls in the car before leaving my phone and all the stuff I wouldn't be allowed to go in with.

The touts were already assembling at my window asking me to park in their space for 1k Naira (I paid them 500 when I finished).
Immediately some of the ITK boys started to tell me the order in which I was supposed to have all my documents arranged.

Now let me say something, with the way we are in Naija fowl go grow teeth before things will get better in this country. I'm almost 1000% certain the local guys checking the docs with the local security outfit have some kind of arrangement going on with these boys that offer the printing, stapling, photocopying and stuff at extortionate prices.... stapling 200, printing of passport data page, visa pages, etc at 1k per page, and some other silly things they say you must do before going in.

THEY WERE WRONG! YOU DO NOT NEED ANYTHING EXCEPT WHAT YOU'RE BRINGING TO YOUR INTERVIEW!!
Make sure you COLOUR PRINT YOUR DS-160 CONFIRMATION ONLY AND STAPLE A PASSPORT TO IT BEFORE YOU GET THERE, SHIKENA
THEY WILL WANT TO BULLY YOU INTO PRINTING UNNECESSARY NONSENSE

NB: those boys outside will try so hard to want to bully you into printing your passport's data page and ALL THE VISAS you have in your passport (at 1k per page) to show your travel history. PLEASE don't fall for it. YOU DO NOT NEED IT!
I was also told I couldn't go in with my car key..ALL LIES!! Just drop all your phones and any gadgets in the car. If you're not driving, I think they provide you with a place to keep all your stuff for 1k during the security checks. I didn't need that, though

I got really pissed in the process and was almost late for my interview as I left my GTBank receipt on one of their stupid tables in the process of listening to the nonsense of Mr. Print Everything. I had to first check-in for my appointment and then told to go back outside for my receipt and be back within 20mins. I went back outside in search of my GTBank receipt and I got back there at 10:46am and my appointment was supposed to be for 10:45!

Went through security and finally got in to a long queue. Nobody in there told me what to do, I was in the interview queue for almost 20mins without knowing I had to have my passport scanned at a counter first. Thank God for the guy behind me who asked if I had done that. I quickly left that queue for the passport checking and, shortly afterwards, finger printing and returned to my position in the queue. I got to the front of the VO

Me: Good morning
Vo: (Didn't greet....no courtesy). Can I have your passport? (I give am)

Vo: So where are you going in the United States?
Me: xxxx, New Jersey

Vo: For what?
Me: Well, I'll be going on vacation for 2 weeks.

Vo: Why New Jersey?
Me: That's where my cousin lives and I will be visiting Atlantic City, Adventure Aquarium, and the Independence Hall in Philadelphia

Vo: What do you do?
Me: I mentioned where I work and what I do there.

Vo: Okay, Your visa is approved, This slip will tell you about how to get your Passport.
Me: Thanks (....and I bounced)

I spent less than 3mins, no documents checked!
I observed you just have to be confident and be specific about what you do, where and why you're going.

Thanks guys for the advice, apologies for the long story.

I hope to travel before May and I never even start to dey make plans.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Femcesc07(m): 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
Kunlewoye congrat bro
Oya make you go exploit Trump land!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifyseun: 1:31pm On Jan 20, 2017
I need guidance in every page...thanks

[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kunlewoye(m): 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2017
Femcesc07:
Kunlewoye congrat bro
Oya make you go exploit Trump land!!!!!!!!!

My oga na so o... Perhaps by April I go start dey make plans grin. Thanks.

Meanwhile, my passport expires in June and my bro was saying something along the lines of airlines not allowing you on board if your passport's validity is less than 6months, I'm also making my Canada application now and they usually give you a visa to cover the validity of your passport. What should I do in this case as I don't want them to give me visa that's only valid for a few months. Any thoughts? Is it possible to have another passport now, even though the current passport still has a few months left to run?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kunlewoye(m): 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2017
orabs:
Congrats!!!

What if am to go for vacation with my family(me,my mum,hubby and 5 months baby), What documents do i need to go with?

Note i do not have any one to send me an invitation letter, just going for vacation.

I await your response.

Well, make your document checklist similar to mine plus hotel booking documents if you don't have anyone inviting you over. Also include any information on the places you'll be visiting. Be very specific. Show them you know what you're doing. Also I've found that when it involves a family they're usually interested in how much you have and whether you're able to afford the trip...meaning you should go with a significantly sufficient bank balance. I'd say from around 5M if I'm being honest with you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by orabs(f): 3:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
Thank you for your swift response!!! I still have questions tho..

For the part of submitting your work documents, do i and my mum also have to submit any documents along side my hubby?

Am so sorry to bother..

kunlewoye:

Well, make your document checklist similar to mine plus hotel booking documents if you don't have anyone inviting you over. Also include any information on the places you'll be visiting. Be very specific. Show them you know what you're doing. Also I've found that when it involves a family they're usually interested in how much you have and whether you're able to afford the trip...meaning you should go with a significantly sufficient bank balance. I'd say from around 5M if I'm being honest with you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by orabs(f): 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
I forget to add, its flight booking also included?

kunlewoye:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MrChris1(m): 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
ifyseun:

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/ds-160-usa-visa-form-guide.html

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/Common/Instructions.aspx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Graceee: 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2017
kunlewoye:

My oga na so o... Perhaps by April I go start dey make plans grin. Thanks.

Meanwhile, my passport expires in June and my bro was saying something along the lines of airlines not allowing you on board if your passport's validity is less than 6months, I'm also making my Canada application now and they usually give you a visa to cover the validity of your passport. What should I do in this case as I don't want them to give me visa that's only valid for a few months. Any thoughts? Is it possible to have another passport now, even though the current passport still has a few months left to run?
You can always get a new passport just attach the old one to it. once its less than 6 months to expiration date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifyseun: 5:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
@captainafrika sir....I just need guidance generally so I won't make mistakes...please send me a mail: ify.mcqueens@yahoo.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Blizzle(m): 6:02pm On Jan 20, 2017
Sammy740:
Hello house,
My family is going for a vacation in New Jersey before the end of this month but we can't get a flight to NJ within our budget. Someone suggested we fly into New York and then to New Jersey since they are very close.
My question is, aren't we going to have issues at the POE since we filled New Jersey as our destination?
Thank you.

What city in NJ? If your luggage isn't many. You can book JFK. You will get the air train from JFK to Howard Beach station from where u will get the A subway train to new York Pennsylvania station (both cost $7.75 off-peak). You can then get the NJ transit train to New Jersey depending on where you are going (costs between &5- &15 per person.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Blizzle(m): 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
Sammy740:
Hello house,
I will be travelling with my family to New Jersey for vacation next week via JFK, New York and we can only get seats on Emirates. My wife and my kids are first time travellers and I am trying to make this trip as comfortable as possible for them.
Please help me with the following concerns;
How is it flying with Emirate? I read sometime on this forum that we will be interviewed in Dubai before getting to New York. is this true? If you have flown Emirates to New York, please contribute.
I can't get to pay for our hotel reservation here and someone suggested I should pay on arrival, is this adviseable? Or should I call the hotel and see if I can pay with my Nigerian debit card?
What is the best way to connect to Newark New Jersey from JFK? Whatever means of transportation it is, I will like to have it booked before leaving Nigeria
LadyGuinivere,
seyewest,
TWoods,
and all the gurus in the house please help a brother.
Thanks.

Since there are four of you going to Newark, the best bet will be a taxi which you can get outside JFK. Depending on how you can bargain, it will cost between $100- $120.

Pls disregard my earlier post about the train transportation as it may be too stressful for a family of four

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Solo84(m): 6:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
ifyseun:
@captainafrika sir....I just need guidance generally so I won't make mistakes...please send me a mail: ify.mcqueens@yahoo.com

@Ifyseun, you can as well post your challenges as this also reduce question from others. we are all here to learn smiley and others can also learn from there.

All the best Ma'am. smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Newbiein2016: 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2017
I finally got around to reapplying. My interview was today at 8:15, Lagos

Transcript
VO: Hello, pass me your passport
Me: Good morning (may have been the other way round too)
VO: Why are you travelling?
Me: Vacation
VO: Where
Me: Minnesota
VO: Why Minnesota?
Me: To visit my friend, we planned to meet up last year, unfortunately I didn't get a visa
VO: What do you do for work?
Me: I work with xyz, as head of xyz. I do xyz, xyz, xyz for the company.
VO: Typing for a long long time
Me: cryTwiddling fingers and feeling slightly nervous
VO: Your visa is approved, this letter has details on how to pickup
Me: Thanks

The guy before me was also issued a visa (positive vibes + energy)

PS: Saw the VO that denied me a visa and really prayed not to be directed to him (I know people say same VO can't interview you twice undecided but I just did not want the experience of being moved to some other person)

It looked like there were a bit of rejections.

Just thought to update the thread.

@Lady G, I did use your opening lines when sharing my reasons for the initial rejection...I think it did me good. Thanks!

Soo sad I missed the Qatar and Emirates sale, the ticket prices are insane shocked

LadyGuinivere:

I'm quite sorry dearie about your denial. Cos you are qualified (IMO)
Lemme address the issue of travel from a to b.
If you want, you can travel from new york to Alaska by bus or flight. Me that is here, I am a greyhound ajala. I like cheap things grin
So basically, as long as you have a valid visa you can globe trot in the US as much as you desire. No crime.
I feel the Italian thing was the VO's ish. Your transcript was long. You can see the man was torn.
My take: Reapply as soon as you can.
Make use of the column for why you were refused. State that you believe the VO decided your cases unfairly because of the Italian refusal. Indicate as much as poossible the reason for the refusal. Then state your previous travel histories (Country and date) and the fact that you neither overstayed nor committed a crime (unless you did then you are OYO). And that , that ought to count fo something.
Good luck and please keep us updated. I'm interested in this ya matter.
See if you can read overlord's or 100dollarbill's transcript. Not sure which now. He was refused unfairly, reapplied and got

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by leopower(m): 11:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
GUD EVENING all, pls i need assistance here. i was filling my ds-160 form and it got timed out, i tried retrieving it with the application num i got on d first page and it further request the first 5 letters of my surname but my surname is only 3 letters. i cant seem to be able log in back into my previous ds160 form. pls how do i go back into that form ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NONNYG: 3:55am On Jan 21, 2017
Newbiein2016:
I finally got around to reapplying. My interview was today at 8:15, Lagos

Transcript
VO: Hello, pass me your passport
Me: Good morning (may have been the other way round too)
VO: Why are you travelling?
Me: Vacation
VO: Where
Me: Minnesota
VO: Why Minnesota?
Me: To visit my friend, we planned to meet up last year, unfortunately I didn't get a visa
VO: What do you do for work?
Me: I work with xyz, as head of xyz. I do xyz, xyz, xyz for the company.
VO: Typing for a long long time
Me: cryTwiddling fingers and feeling slightly nervous
VO: Your visa is approved, this letter has details on how to pickup
Me: Thanks

The guy before me was also issued a visa (positive vibes + energy)

PS: Saw the VO that denied me a visa and really prayed not to be directed to him (I know people say same VO can't interview you twice undecided but I just did not want the experience of being moved to some other person)

It looked like there were a bit of rejections.

Just thought to update the thread.

@Lady G, I did use your opening lines when sharing my reasons for the initial rejection...I think it did me good. Thanks!

Soo sad I missed the Qatar and Emirates sale, the ticket prices are insane shocked

congrats. Go & enjoy yankee!grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ojide25: 5:38am On Jan 21, 2017
So excited hearing people approved there visa.but to my observation many people are giving visa this January,I think cos Obama is living as American president or trump leg will surely good. Smile happy for you guys cheese.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2017
leopower:
GUD EVENING all, pls i need assistance here. i was filling my ds-160 form and it got timed out, i tried retrieving it with the application num i got on d first page and it further request the first 5 letters of my surname but my surname is only 3 letters. i cant seem to be able log in back into my previous ds160 form. pls how do i go back into that form ?

refresh the page and try again.. my surname is also 3 letter, always save the page when thinking of what to fill not to get timed out again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2017
I didn't see your reply. Its KaptainAfrika. Please post your questions here, as we are all here to learn. That aside I would recommend the following:

1. Know why, where and when you are going to the US.

2. Honesty is the best policy. Fill your form honestly and when the interview comes, answer honestly.

ifyseun:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by leopower(m): 2:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
def111:

refresh the page and try again.. my surname is also 3 letter, always save the page when thinking of what to fill not to get timed out again

Thks, I actually saved as am progressing ,but is there anyway I can log in back into d previous form or I shd just open another form and start afresh ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2017
leopower:

Thks, I actually saved as am progressing ,but is there anyway I can log in back into d previous form or I shd just open another form and start afresh ?

after the surname page, you will see another page asking you for your secret question and answer.... something is your internet browser window. open new page and try again..

u can start a new one if you like...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dpresh(m): 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2017
Good News Fellas grin grin

So I applied for a B1/B2 visa to enable me attend a Medical Conference in Bleep state and then see a distant relative in Bleep state in America.
I was curious before now and that's why I kept coming on nairaland. The reasons being that I was working in another Country and only in Nigeria for holidays, and kept wondering how to demonstrate home ties.

Congrats.

I saw you that day.

Mine was approved as well.

Will share transcript soon.

[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jeter85(m): 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2017
Didn't quite celebrate last week when I was granted US visa until this Monday that I actually collected it. My reason is based solely on the fact that, it was when people collected their passport that they discovered that they were actually denied visa. Thanks to everyone on nairaland, cos I studied people's experience shared to prepare myself.
My interview Was 10th of January by 7am. I was so scared that I became bold that anyhow e go be, today na today for here
VO: Good am, pass ur passports please
Us (me and my spouse): Good am
VO: Where are you going to in the us?
Me: Malden, Massachusetts
VO: Why are going there?
Me: To visit my sister who was unable to attend our wedding last year
VO: where do you work?
Me: xyz
(Turned to my spouse)
VO: Where do you work?
Her: Told him
VO: What are your roles in the company?
Her: I roles in the company are blah blah blah
(Typed for awhile and then turned to me)
VO: What does ur sister do?
Me: Told him
Typed for awhile again
VO: When did you married?
Me: Told him
(typed for a long time again and nodding and I was praying within that no more questions and should be give white paper)
VO: I'm going to keep ur passports (that was the last thing I heard cos I've been overwhelmed with so much joy but controlled). Have a nice trip.
NB: If d person before or around you Is denied, don't panic. Even if d person before u is given details that dwarf ur own, don't be intimidated. Because, d guy before us na serious *ajala*. And we've never travelled before. Just have the faith, trust and believe in God that ur case is different, special and unique. Just concentrate on task at hand.
It is well o!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by leopower(m): 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2017
def111:

after the surname page, you will see another page asking you for your secret question and answer.... something is your internet browser window. open new page and try again..

u can start a new one if you like...

thks bro for swft response, i av been able to log in back into my form and i av complete and submit it. now onto the next one pls, as i was filling my wife form it still ask who is paying for trip i input other person and further put all my details again, pls is dat right ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bishop4APC: 7:36am On Jan 22, 2017
Good morning everyone, I just have to give kudos to the brains behind this wonderful thread. Having gone through the pages, i was able to perfect my documents and booked an appointment.

I would love to ask the house if i stand any chance of getting my visa approved with these blah blah blah.

I'm a school proprietor and i will be attending a wedding of my friend who was born in the US, i will be spending 2weeks in his house because he doesn't want me to book for an hotel.

l have been to Israel twice on pilgrimage , Tanzania for a leadership conference , Kenya on a vacation trip, Senegal for my sister's wedding , cotedivoire and i also frequent to Cameroon , Ghana and Togo on business trips.

I make reasonable profit from my school business, am married with 2 kids ( age 4 and 6 )

What are my chances of getting the visa ? though am not too desperate but i just need to attend the wedding. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:01am On Jan 22, 2017
I will say 99% chance of getting the visa, but that's my opinion.

Be bold and confident in the interview, and remember all that you filled in the form. Maintain eye contact with the V.O, be relaxed.

Come and share the good news with us here, all the best!

bishop4APC:

Good morning everyone, I just have to give kudos to the brains behind this wonderful thread. Having gone through the pages, i was able to perfect my documents and booked an appointment.

I would love to ask the house if i stand any chance of getting my visa approved with these blah blah blah.

I'm a school proprietor and i will be attending a wedding of my friend who was born in the US, i will be spending 2weeks in his house because he doesn't want me to book for an hotel.

l have been to Israel twice on pilgrimage , Tanzania for a leadership conference , Kenya on a vacation trip, Senegal for my sister's wedding , cotedivoire and i also frequent to Cameroon , Ghana and Togo on business trips.

I make reasonable profit from my school business, am married with 2 kids ( age 4 and 6 )

What are my chances of getting the visa ? though am not too desperate but i just need to attend the wedding. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.