Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534238 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:11am On Apr 09, 2017
jarule4life:
Morning house, anyone with such experience, kids had b1/b2 interview, VO said there is note on kids, was given white paper with case number and passport, said she need clarification before making decision, VO said she will call back same day or send electronic mail but did not received any call that day and later login to profile and on home page and see your passport is still with the US embassy whereas she returned it with the white paper.kindly share your experience with me if you have similar experience.

Contents of white paper please? @the bolded is mostly so immediately after interview, even with the passports right under your pillow.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx check with/from the link, let's see what it returns
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by buchhogonzalez(m): 9:08am On Apr 09, 2017
Please what kind of questions do I expect at POE as I intend travelling soonest.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cumz(m): 9:22am On Apr 09, 2017
buchhogonzalez:
Please what kind of questions do I expect at POE as I intend travelling soonest.

There is thus thread on questions to expect at poe, and also other people experience, you can check it will post the link when I find it

Where are you traveling to?
What airline do you intend to use?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by buchhogonzalez(m): 12:04pm On Apr 09, 2017
cumz:

There is thus thread on questions to expect at poe, and also other people experience, you can check it will post the link when I find it

Where are you traveling to?
What airline do you intend to use?

Hopefully next month. I'm thinking Lufthansa...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cumz(m): 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
buchhogonzalez:

Here is the thread I was talking about
https://www.nairaland.com/3666577/u.s-visit-point-entry-interview

You don't want to try Qatar or Turkish ni grin
buchhogonzalez:

You don't want to try Qatar or Turkish ni
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mysoopafly: 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2017
Hello house, all the Gurus in the House, I need your advice.
I have applied for usa tourist visa 3 times. 1 year apart for 3 times. that is 1st year, I applied once, the 3rd year I applied once and the the next year I did applied again. I am married, with two kids. I have travelled to south Africa 3 times, china 3 times and Ghana 1 time. all the 3 attempt I made at the usa embassy, I didn't go with my wife. the last interview I had. the first question I was asked is where is your wife. I said she is busy and my passport was returned to me rejected.
it is obvious that they keep rejecting my application because of my wife. she divorced years back and this year, I got married again.
whats the best way to apply for the visa. in the column where the detail of spouse are. what should I do? write information about my new wife who will be attending the interview with me or the former. and If I were asked about the former, what could be the best way to answer.
please advice, your advice is appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
mysoopafly:
I have applied for usa tourist visa 3 times. 1 year apart for 3 times. that is 1st year, I applied once, the 3rd year I applied once and the the next year I did applied again. I am married, with two kids. I have travelled to south Africa 3 times, china 3 times and Ghana 1 time. all the 3 attempt I made at the usa embassy, I didn't go with my wife. the last interview I had. the first question I was asked is where is your wife. I said she is busy and my passport was returned to me rejected.
it is obvious that they keep rejecting my application because of my wife. she divorced years back and this year, I got married again.
whats the best way to apply for the visa. in the column where the detail of spouse are. what should I do? write information about my new wife who will be attending the interview with me or the former. and If I were asked about the former, what could be the best way to answer.
Guess what? I don't believe your story dearie. Talkless of the VO. it is my Belief (unproven of course) that you lied in your ist application and decided to forge ahead with that lie.
However, if what you say is true, it can be proved. Gbo? Abi the marriage no be formal marriage. So the divorce comes with papers from the High court (before you go to welfare and dagbo papers) if all you said is true then there are marriage cerficates , birth certificates for the kids and decree nisi for the divorce and all other relevant legal supporting docx. The embassy can verify these docx. If what you said is true , then I believe you know this already and can prove your honesty at the embassy. In which case, a thousand apologies for my sceptiscm.

If however you lied, stop decieving yasef and wasting your money. Confess. If you are denied, you pay for your crimes and repply later

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Guess what? I don't believe your story dearie. Talkless of the VO. it is my Belief (unproven of course) that you lied in your ist application and decided to forge ahead with that lie.
However, if what you say is true, it can be proved. Gbo? Abi the marriage no be formal marriage. So the divorce comes with papers from the High court (before you go to welfare and dagbo papers) if all you said is true then there are marriage cerficates , birth certificates for the kids and decree nisi for the divorce and all other relevant legal supporting docx. The embassy can verify these docx. If what you said is true , then I believe you know this already and can prove your honesty at the embassy. In which case, a thousand apologies for my sceptiscm.

If however you lied, stop decieving yasef and wasting your money. Confess. If you are denied, you pay for your crimes and repply later

Oh, my dear sister! My exact thoughts, quite more like the fact.... Said to jump and pass, no power for turenchi and defensive abuse this afternoon, make the blessings from church sit well first. We dey come.... Happy Sunday y'all!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolawoleoladipo: 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2017
Pleasant Sunday My people. Please advice me on this. I have applied for US visa 3times whilst I was not married, 2 student visa and 1 visitors visa in the space of 4years, all denied. Now am married with a son, my wife has also applied for US visitors visa 3times (2times when she was single and 1time when she was married/pregnant) Now we are married and have a son together, my wife's family all live in the US, Her Father, step Mother, and 4 step siblings all with the same surname with my wife's maiden name, now we intend applying for family visit in summer 2017 as my wife's sister is getting married there in the US, which we have been sent an invite, What is the chance of getting this visa? Any specific way to get the visa? Will I fill 3 different Ds160 form for the 3 of us? Will I pay for 3 US visa fee? Booking appointment for the 3 of us, how will I go about it to be able to visit the VO/embassy as a family.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Coolcube: 4:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
About three weeks ago I went for a visa interview at the US Embassy and was denied (the day of bomb scare at the Embassy). Here's the transcript

VO: So you lecture. How long have you been lecturing?
Me: Six years.

VO: Where do you lecture?
Me: University of...

VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes, I have a one year old boy.

VO: Where are you going in America?
Me: San Diego, California to attend .... conference.

VO: Who organised the conference?
Me: University of....

VO: I have worked as a university professor, and I know the Conference is only meant for locals (she meant not for foreigners). You can reapply....

The issue is that the Conference is an international conference. The VO was mistaken. A week after the interview, I got a mail from the organisers of the conference saying I have been registered and international participants can apply for a letter of invitation. I bet my mistake was not waiting for the confirmation mail before scheduling the interview. I am planning to reapply for the same conference (another edition) later in the year because it will help my career and research prospect as a PhD student. What reason should I give for being denied previously?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
@coolcube... But u just posted the reason why you believed you were refused na now. What else can one now tell you?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
Hello all,My question is that my fiance who is an American citizen wants me to come to the USA in September. Please what should i present to the consulate when I get there for my visa,s he intends sending me an invitation letter.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 5:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
Coolcube:
About three weeks ago I went for a visa interview at the US Embassy and was denied (the day of bomb scare at the Embassy). Here's the transcript

VO: So you lecture. How long have you been lecturing?
Me: Six years.

VO: Where do you lecture?
Me: University of...

VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes, I have a one year old boy.

VO: Where are you going in America?
Me: San Diego, California to attend .... conference.

VO: Who organised the conference?
Me: University of....

VO: I have worked as a university professor, and I know the Conference is only meant for locals (she meant not for foreigners). You can reapply....

The issue is that the Conference is an international conference. The VO was mistaken. A week after the interview, I got a mail from the organisers of the conference saying I have been registered and international participants can apply for a letter of invitation. I bet my mistake was not waiting for the confirmation mail before scheduling the interview. I am planning to reapply for the same conference (another edition) later in the year because it will help my career and research prospect as a PhD student. What reason should I give for being denied previously?

As long as the conference organiser did not indicate that the conference is for only locals, you're 100% free to apply. However, the VO has the final decision. For instance, there is a conference in US i recently scheduled an appointment for and i have confirmed if i am good to apply as i'm travelling from Dublin. I emailed them and i also gave them phone calls and i got positive reply. I'm the type that always make sure i provide more than required documents for visa applications, so i always communicate directly with conference organisers by email to confirm the validity & genuineness, where i am coming from to attend the conference. They always give me the best answer.

However, always try to contact the conference organiser and let the organiser know that you're coming from outside the state even though you have indicated that on your online conference registration form.

PLEASE NOTE: This is only what i've been doing myself.

Least i forgot, if anyone need 100% free conference, let me know, i will try find one for you. Not guarantee, but i will try. I've given just few people and some of them got their US visa with it. Once you should your conference are of interest i will contact you via nairaland mail if i get any for you or not. Pls don't send me pm about this, don't leave your contact details here. If you think i'm going too far in this regard pls do not hesitate to do the needful by exposing me here grin. Show your interest here and lets help ourselves grin yes lets help ourselves.. LadyGuinivere abi no be so? grin Happy weekend to you all! cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Coolcube: 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@coolcube... But u just posted the reason why you believed you were refused na now. What else can one now tell you?

If asked why I was denied, should I write this as a reason?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Coolcube: 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
dotcomnamename:

As long as the conference organiser did not indicate that the conference is for only locals, you're 100% free to apply. However, the VO has the final decision. For instance, there is a conference in US i recently scheduled an appointment for and i have confirmed if i am good to apply as i'm travelling from Dublin. I emailed them and i also gave them phone calls and i got positive reply. I'm the type that always make sure i provide more than required documents for visa applications, so i always communicate directly with conference organisers by email to confirm the validity & genuineness, where i am coming from to attend the conference. They always give me the best answer.

However, always try to contact the conference organiser and let the organiser know that you're coming from outside the state even though you have indicated that on your online conference registration form.

Least i forgot, if anyone need 100% free conference, let me know, i will try find one for you. Not guarantee, but i will try. I've given just few people and some of them got their US visa with it. Once you should your conference are of interest i will contact you via nairaland mail if i get any for you or not. Pls don't send me pm about this, don't leave your contact details here. If you think i'm going too far in this regard pls do not hesitate to do the needful by exposing me here grin. Show your interest here and lets help ourselves grin yes lets help ourselves.. LadyGuinivere abi no be so? grin Happy weekend to you all! cheesy

Conferences on education...I am interested! the
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
Rolly83:
Hello all,My question is that my fiance who is an American citizen wants me to come to the USA in September. Please what should i present to the consulate when I get there for my visa,s he intends sending me an invitation letter.

invitation letter is not needed, statement of account is not needed,... go to US embassy website read and find your way to GTB bank,... I spell 54k about to caught fire, if you don't do research well well, no rush or jump oh, use 1 month on research, the denial is in high rate now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
mysoopafly:
This your story get Ultra K-leg na wa ooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2017
def111:

invitation letter is not needed, statement of account is not needed,... go to US embassy website read and find your way to GTB bank,... I spell 54k about to caught fire, if you don't do research well well, no rush or jump oh, use 1 month on research, the denial is in high rate now

Please I don't understand a word of what you posted up there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
Rolly83:

Let me translate
U do not need an invite letter
U don't need a statement of account.
Read the US website and BEFORE you pay the visa fees.
He's also predicting no success if you do not research.
Is that clear enof?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by buchhogonzalez(m): 9:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
cumz:

You don't want to try Qatar or Turkish ni grin

You don't want to try Qatar or Turkish ni

Boss, biko advice me ooo...I need the advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cumz(m): 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
buchhogonzalez:

Boss, biko advice me ooo...I need the advice

You dey whine me ni... When my mama's and babas dey here to advice you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 9:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
Rolly83:

you don't understand OK... read from page one of this thread you will get your answer
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yinkslinks(m): 11:07pm On Apr 09, 2017
Who says so? They can ask to see the genuineness of the conference. My friend was asked with receipt too. A lot of you post rubbish here deceiving people.
LadyGuinivere:

Let me translate
Is that clear enof?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 3:06am On Apr 10, 2017
dotcomnamename:

this is why the US embassy now denies conference goers willy nilly... they now realize most of them are simply a means to fraudulently obtain US visas. Even mr. coolcube himself is asking for conferences from you... with no regard as to whether it is of relevance to him or not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 3:29am On Apr 10, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Brother. For your own good, invest some time reading the US embassy website and this thread. How do we say it? 'Chuwa ewu ojii na ututu' . Your ist question is so elementary it shows you have put in little effort.
1. Every human being needs an an individual int. Passport , whether 1 hour old or a hundred years.
2. You can do whatever your family wants. However, the tricky part is convincing the vo about your real relationship with the child. Same surname is usually the easiest way to start proving paternity/maternity of a child. When the names are different, the burden becomes higher. If you can verily prove that the child belongs to you, cool. Remember, the burden is on you and the vo may not ask.
But these are the little things that the vo will look at in one minute and make up his mind.

A child not having the same surname as its parents? Thats a new one. . .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 3:32am On Apr 10, 2017
After you get married, you should be filing for an Immigrant Via, not NIV because then it becomes harder to overcome the presumption of immigration intent.
best file the iV, then you can apply for either a K visa or a normal NIV

doctor108:

Now they gave me a paper that says you can apply again when your circumstances have changed!
Let me highlight things that will change by then!
1. Now single, then I will be married to a Citizen
2. Now jobless, I will be about 5 months into a job half way into my internship which I need to complete to get my full license (professional tie)
3. Now no money to sponsor my trip, then I ll be on almost 190k salary monthly (federal medical center) then I have a job that can make me come back (economic tie)
4. Then I can say I have a son to come back to (family tie)
5. I will be able to get a letter from my employer that I have been given a 2 week leave (professional tie)
If after all that they still refuse me, life will still go on! Am tough and prepared for that! Med school prepared me!

House please point to where I made a mistake and advice on my future plans. Also advice me whether by that September we should book my flight and book and pay for where we will stay for the honeymoon. We are looking at Hawaii, etc.

I will update with the transcript of the other interviews!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 3:50am On Apr 10, 2017
desrie:
Hello ladyG and Gurus
My wife and I applied for vacation last month but we're denied so we decided to children at Obudu and use the budgeted travel expenses to US to change my wife's car(warri women no dey carry last).We were denied cos we had no child in my own opinion cos we have good paying jobs an travel history though separately to UK and SA.The VO stressed on the child issue. During the interview I signalled wifey to disclose her 18weeks pregnancy but she didnt.
Now there is a memo in the hospital that all the senior resident doctors in a particular department should attend a 46th international conference in Chicago as a prerequisite for part 2 exam before becoming a consultant and this will be fully sponsored by the hospital through federal government.Based on my position,i will be among the attendees BUT my fear now is that my wife would have put to bed by then and if I should say I have a child won't the VO see it as misrepresentation since wifey didn't disclose her pregnancy.Should I still maintain that I have no child to avoid being perceived as misrepresentation and possible ban.help please

Just tell them the truth if it comes to that
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:00am On Apr 10, 2017
joinedjust:
yinkslinks
Who says so? They can ask to see the genuineness of the conference. My friend was asked with receipt too. A lot of you post rubbish here deceiving people.

LadyGuinivere:
Let me translate
Is that clear enof?

@yinkslinks ......
Thank you for the comment, exactly a lot post rubbish here and this LadyGuinivere - MADAM NO ALL and VERY RUDE THING. I don't care whether you created the thread or not - you just talk to people anyhow . *hissed*
Who says no need of documents - fine you might go with documents and no single one would be checked but some times like yinkslinks said they will request for it for confirmation . So people, please go with ALL APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS if they don't check at all then fine and if they ask you have something to show.
I work in a company with our head office in US and I have over 20 colleagues that have gone to the embassy for an interview at different times for several reasons so i know what i'm saying.
Seen.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 4:04am On Apr 10, 2017
Lady G, happy new year

How far? This one wey somebody say you day post rubbish
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 4:17am On Apr 10, 2017
TWoods:

this is why the US embassy now denies conference goers willy nilly... they now realize most of them are simply a means to fraudulently obtain US visas. Even mr. coolcube himself is asking for conferences from you... with no regard as to whether it is of relevance to him or not.

Smh. And this is why some people fail exams. Collcube clearly stated ''Conferences on education'', so what gave you impression that he/she will just go for any education conference without selecting the one in his/her field? Your body too dey hot sha.

So if you are willing to pass information about any free conference in the US to any interested person that can save him/her some money it is a crime? you called that fraudulent? Nawa for some people sha! Who tell you that free conference in the U.S is the reason the U.S consulate deny applicants? I have attended conferences that i paid total 0 fee and was granted visas. So get your fact right. If your conference is genuine and you have receipt for it from the organizer you're very good to go, except if the VO refuse you on different ground, so please get your fact right and stop creating distraction on this thread. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101