Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1537326 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lrmush(m): 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
Trying to book, pls from experience, what airline is better? Btw turkish and qatar?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
Lrmush:
Trying to book, pls from experience, what airline is better? Btw turkish and qatar?
Turkish is a bit quicker from Istanbul to U.S while with Qatar you should add 2+ hours to the journey if you're comparing the two airline.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
nefertitiram:
This America sef! Na dulling place to get stuck in. The beauty is in visiting for a few weeks, once it has passed one month, body go de scratch you. I did 5mths when I went to have my baby. I was frustrated. Everybody will go to work. You will watch TV till ur eyes water. U will be so bored you will decide to go out.

Bus pass is like $10. If u buy food outside, expensive. If you window shop you will b tempted. The worst is when people know you are available and jobless. That is when they will be sending you on errands which you will be glad to go on because of the boredom. There was a day I sat at a train station just to watch people passing. The boredom Na die!

the way Naija will hungry u eh! Now imagine that you cannot come back home again. See punishment.
lolzzzz after spending 10 days I just wan enter plane... actually my fun is in the plane and airport trip not necessarily the country reason I wanna visit to Japan and having like 2 to 3 stopovers. grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
ramzylipi:

Thanks boss, so what are the things i need to present as a tourist, and can i also work as a tourist.
Please sir don't tell me to read through 386pages, am sure you can give the information. Thanks in advance
You can not read just 386 pages to get informed from detailed information available on the thread. You rather get someones opinion and flow with it?
No, you can not work as a tourist, sightsee, take pictures and return home.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
nefertitiram:
This America sef! Na dulling place to get stuck in. The beauty is in visiting for a few weeks, once it has passed one month, body go de scratch you. I did 5mths when I went to have my baby. I was frustrated. Everybody will go to work. You will watch TV till ur eyes water. U will be so bored you will decide to go out.

Bus pass is like $10. If u buy food outside, expensive. If you window shop you will b tempted. The worst is when people know you are available and jobless. That is when they will be sending you on errands which you will be glad to go on because of the boredom. There was a day I sat at a train station just to watch people passing. The boredom Na die!

the way Naija will hungry u eh! Now imagine that you cannot come back home again. See punishment.
You are even lucky to have family or friends allow you stay 5 months o.
Most people, after max 2 weeks of staying home and racking up utility bills plus food, they want you gone ASAP. That is why alot get stranded here on arrival, especially if the supposed host suspect you want to turn "team stay" lol.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by slutky: 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hello all, I applied for a b1 visa sept 2016 but was refused. However I recently got an admission and I am preparing to apply for an f1 visa. I want to find out if travel history will be a problem for this class of visa knowing well that I have no travel history and I have been refused of a b1 visa before now. Please advice.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
constance234:

You are even lucky to have family or friends allow you stay 5 months o.
Most people, after max 2 weeks of staying home and racking up utility bills plus food, they want you gone ASAP. That is why alot get stranded here on arrival, especially if the supposed host suspect you want to turn "team stay" lol.

I was very useful. I help babysit the kids while they took up extra jobs just because I was around. I cooked, I cleaned, I washed, my host was balling! . She has called to ask when I will be expecting another baby. That boredom eh! I am not looking forward to it. So Tey I started watching fbi most wanted on TV to pass time.

.They were sad to see me go but me, MMIA was all I had on my mind

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
I just dey observe. Nawa O! I beg who get correct cheap ticket to 9ja make i dey prepare for my summer holiday for 9ja? Ethiopia no dey smile now O! Route is Dublin-Lagos-Dublin, Any flight suggestion will be greatly appreciated. MD see you guys soon cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oguguo11: 11:27am On Apr 23, 2017
Good morning ,please what is the possibility of getting visa with my 2 year old with regards to being a single mom.I have read through the forum and understand the need for family ties and no travel experience. I know it spells out red alert.
Thanks
I am going to Disney for vacation in September

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babbs45: 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
slutky:
Hello all, I applied for a b1 visa sept 2016 but was refused. However I recently got an admission and I am preparing to apply for an f1 visa. I want to find out if travel history will be a problem for this class of visa knowing well that I have no travel history and I have been refused of a b1 visa before now. Please advice.

You not having travel history shouldn't affect your F1 application. I'll edge you to visit this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/3586207/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by brotundes: 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
Is travel history determine issuing of Visa for people going to conference
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ramj: 9:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
Lrmush:

Both Airlines are fantastic enough, so its gonna be about your choice in the long run for me and maybe fare. Just ensure you check out the stop over duration while booking your flight. Check the flights with shortest stop overs.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ThatsimpleLady(f): 5:02am On Apr 24, 2017
Hello, good morning to the gurus in the house, I have been following the thread silently for a while now pls I need your help! I just finished from university and am waiting for nysc, my friend have been inviting me to USA for some time now and even sent me invitation letter which I didn't honor because of school and other engagements but am ready now, pls which papers do I need for him to send and which papers do I have to present at the embassy? He is elderly in age, a USA citizen (white man) and has a good job. He will be sponsoring my visit for 14days! Pls do I stand a chance? I haven't traveled before and am a 25yrs old single mother!
I am a small businesswoman, I just want to travel and see the world and come back to my son and my small business. He wants to send another invitation letter, please what are the most important facts that shouldn't be missing in the letter and his going to host me and sponsor the trip too!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:53am On Apr 24, 2017
@thesimplelady your questions show you are yet to understand how the process works.
I am not in a position to summarize or detail out the whole process. But you can You need to truly read and research. The only thing I can tell you is that iv letters are not needed. They are not a requirement. Vos do not ask for them.
Go. To the ist page page of this thread and get an overview of the process. You can ask specific questions later.
Finally, nobody can tell you your chances. If you fast and pray, maybe you might get a revelation sha
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:22am On Apr 24, 2017
1. No need for documents (just your Nigerian passport, confirmation page, appointment page and payment receipt), just fill your form honestly and truthfully, be bold and confident in your interview, pray and hope for the best.
2. Read from Page 1 to see the different possible questions, and use them to prepare.
All the best!

ThatsimpleLady:
Hello, good morning to the gurus in the house, I have been following the thread silently for a while now pls I need your help! I just finished from university and am waiting for nysc, my friend have been inviting me to USA for some time now and even sent me invitation letter which I didn't honor because of school and other engagements but am ready now, pls which papers do I need for him to send and which papers do I have to present at the embassy? He is elderly in age, a USA citizen (white man) and has a good job. He will be sponsoring my visit for 14days! Pls do I stand a chance? I haven't traveled before and am a 25yrs old single mother!
I am a small businesswoman, I just want to travel and see the world and come back to my son and my small business. He wants to send another invitation letter, please what are the most important facts that shouldn't be missing in the letter and his going to host me and sponsor the trip too!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:04am On Apr 24, 2017
ThatsimpleLady:
Hope I'm not prying into your private life but how did you know this man and also his letter of invitation will not do much because they hardly check it... I will advise you to read the part 1 and 2 thoroughly it will do you a lot of good.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jossyroyal1: 1:41pm On Apr 24, 2017
Good day great people..
Pls my younger sister is seeking Visit visa to US... She will be 18 by June this year, Her passport is a virgin passport and she is going to visit my elder sister who has been in US since 2013. She would be travelling with my mom who already got a visa since 2014
She is currently seeking admission to the university... what is her chance as per strong tie
All my family are here in Lagos
Pls i need answer ASAP
THANKS
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chi1145: 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2017
nefertitiram:

pls can I get your full email address? would like to send you an email to clarify certain things pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
chi1145:
pls can I get your full email address? would like to send you an email to clarify certain things pls

my username here at gmail
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 24, 2017
@nefertitiram please how do I get the dropbox confirmation page. I tried doing it but it takes me to the appointment schedule page
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
mabella2:
@nefertitiram please how do I get the dropbox confirmation page. I tried doing it but it takes me to the appointment schedule page

continue on appointment schedule page and answer the questions truthfully. You will get the answer you seek
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 24, 2017
nefertitiram:

continue on appointment schedule page and answer the questions truthfully. You will get the answer you seek
Thank you. The renewal is for my mum and she stayed for 5 months during her first visit and the Visa will expire in August 2017, hope she will not be called for interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
mabella2:
Thank you. The renewal is for my mum and she stayed for 5 months during her first visit and the Visa will expire in August 2017, hope she will not be called for interview

august is still far away. y r u renewing now?

also there is nothing to fear if called for an interview na
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Obinoscopy(m): 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hi guys, please I need advice on a friend's situation. My friend got a Visit Visa which starts from 14th May 2017.

However his flight is on the 13th of May (flight take off is around 11:45pm 13th May but will land on the 14th of May) and not 14th of May as written on the Visa.

Although I know his Visa is valid at the Point of Entry, will he have issues at the Lagos Airport whixh is his departure point since he'll be departing on the 13th and not 14th?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
Obinoscopy:
Hi guys, please I need advice on a friend's situation. My friend got a Visit Visa which starts from 14th May 2017.

However his flight is on the 13th of May (flight take off is around 11:45pm 13th May but will land on the 14th of May) and not 14th of May as written on the Visa.

Although I know his Visa is valid at the Point of Entry, will he have issues at the Lagos Airport whixh is his departure point since he'll be departing on the 13th and not 14th?

I yam not understanding...\

US visas as I know it starts from the day u were interviewed. How come his own is post dated? Anyways, he can fly on the 13th
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 24, 2017
nefertitiram:

august is still far away. y r u renewing now?

also there is nothing to fear if called for an interview na
she intends to stay for 5 months again. Is just the stress of her coming to Lagos.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2017
mabella2:
she intends to stay for 5 months again. Is just the stress of her coming to Lagos.

If she can has a valid reason for staying 5 months before and after, it should not be a problem. BUt truthfully, you never can know until you try.

That is how I was praying against interview and I was called! lolz
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by travelpoint: 10:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
Lrmush:
Both airlines are good but because of Trump and point of entry problem if I were you I will book direct flight or better still I will go through Europe not Turkey or Abu Dhabi
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 24, 2017
nefertitiram:

If she can has a valid reason for staying 5 months before and after, it should not be a problem. BUt truthfully, you never can know until you try.

That is how I was praying against interview and I was called! lolz
Am hoping for the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chi1145: 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
nefertitiram:

my username here at gmail

ok, thanks will send u an email now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hijay09(f): 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
Oky
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lakol: 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
Gud day ladyG . and others plss I nid to get some clarifications.
2 yes ago I went for interview, wit all d documents wit me, u was denied and not a single document was asked after I spend money to get dem. Howeva one thing I remember den was DT wen d vo asked what I do in Nigeria I said I work in a drycleaning company. albeit am d owner of d biz.
Now I want to attend 2 days business conference, and I want to fill it in d form and also tell d vo dt am an entrepreneur DT I am d CEO of drycleaning and laundry biz which av been running for 8yrs now. my question is hope my information will not contradict as I told dem 2 yrs ago i only work for d company, now I want to say I owned d company. thanks hoping to hear from u soon before I fill my 160 form

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.