Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1537681 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
Habisoye:

Nebraska is not a strange place for vacation nah.

dont forget that's where we have Heartland of America park, henry doorly zoo, doharm museum, and the popular Strategic air command and aerospace museum.

@KaptainAfrika, kindly advice me, give me a suggestion how i can explain tourism rather than sightseeing and do shoppings.

Your respond will be highly appreciated.

@KaptainAfrika has advised you. Hope you managed to correct what the "@agent don kill me" did to your DS160? And that you got the hotel that is not 24 hours drive away. Sometimes, inconsistencies in the DS160 could be the cause of a denial.
Sir, take a break from the US, visit other countries, establish yourself as someone that takes vacation every one or two years; the Strategic Air Command will be yours to see in a few years.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
tjeez1:
@bigbus,: i am going alone,hubby is busy,kids are resuming school

It's a tough call for a first timer with no travel history, especially if you are young (like below 65). Take your time to study this thread and you will see. You will need to demonstrate to the VO that you will come back soon to your family, that your job is a very secure one that you will not abandon at will (travel history would have helped to show this, especially if you had financed a trip: you + your wife previously).

Go through the thread, assess your situation very well; pray; and decide whether to give it a go, or save your money and make a cheaper vacation that can also count as travel history in future.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ajakayekoke(m): 12:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
bigbus:

Bros, I like your faith. I suppose you have already paid visa fees, so no harm attending interview.
If going ahead, make sure your Dubai visa is legit (I have heard of banks not accepting them for PTA, and I have seen airline staff debate on whether it's genuine or not). Also, since your trad arrangement is fixed and committed, better to go with hotel and hall payment receipts, not reservation which can be cancelled. If you will come back to Nigeria before honeymoon, go with your Lagos-Dubai-Lagos tickets also.

Going to Dubai for Trad and returning before interview may better help your situation (at least, you will have genuine travel history). However, all in all, I am inclined to opine that you settle for a less towering hurdle: many countries provide top honey moon destination. Close to Dubai, you can try Seychelles (it's visa free on arrival for Nigerians) or Kenya (visa on arrival for Nigerians and if you use Kenyan Airways, you may even find that routing your Dubai flight through Nairobi may be cheaper than Emirates direct flights).

Thanks boss,God bless I'm gonna follow What you said,in here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Minimee101: 1:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
Got in yesterday through miami international airport yesterday through Qatar airways
Queue was long bt b4 we say Jack we were at the front
Cbp: where are u coming from.
Hubby: nigeria by we had transit at Qatar
Cbp:how long are u staying.
Hubby:15days
Cbp:what do u do?
Hubby:told him
Cbp:ma'am full house wife or u work?
Me:I told him I work
Cbp:do u ave any food to declare?
Yes we av foods
Cbp: is it well packed.
Yes
Cbp:where will u be staying
Hubby:my uncle's place
Welcome to United states.
They didn't check our bags at all

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Minimee101: 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
Got in yesterday through miami international airport yesterday through Qatar airways
Queue was long bt b4 we say Jack we were at the front
Cbp: where are u coming from.
Hubby: nigeria by we had transit at Qatar
Cbp:how long are u staying?
Hubby:15days
Cbp:what do u do?
Hubby:told him
Cbp:ma'am full house wife or u work?
Me:I told him I work
Cbp:do u ave any food to declare?
Yes we av foods
Cbp: is it well packed.
Yes
Cbp:where will u be staying
Hubby:my uncle's place
Welcome to United states.
They didn't check our bags at all

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tjeez1: 2:03pm On Aug 10, 2017
@bigbus,: thanks big boss,i will pray and give it a try.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pushy8: 3:17pm On Aug 10, 2017
Dear Gurus in the house, Please what is the 'best' response to the question ; Why are you visiting the US? Particularly when one is not travelling with the whole family. I remember reading on this thread that vacation is not the right answer.Because the Americans percieve vacation to be like 'family time'. Is Tourism and sight seeing okay? I have perused the thread but i just need further clarification on this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:57pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ajakayekoke:

I run a business,a low income one though,have never traveled out,but our traditional wedding will be in dubai,so we'll have the visa with us,before the u.sa interview.
Can you apply after returning from Dubai
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
OmoBendel24:

But you still can't state your sponsor's income, not captured.
No matter what you can't state your spouse/sponsor income in the form.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ajakayekoke:

I know its gonna be printed out..its gonna work out for us,based on belief,things happen,i'll share the testimony here,i promise.
Please share it ooooo

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ajakayekoke(m): 4:54pm On Aug 10, 2017
seyewest:

Can you apply after returning from Dubai

Yes for sure,i thought we can go b4 dubai,formally,but with what I have been seeing here,we are gonna go after the dubai.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 4:58pm On Aug 10, 2017
pushy8:
Dear Gurus in the house, Please what is the 'best' response to the question ; Why are you visiting the US? Particularly when one is not travelling with the whole family. I remember reading on this thread that vacation is not the right answer.Because the Americans percieve vacation to be like 'family time'. Is Tourism and sight seeing okay? I have perused the thread but i just need further clarification on this.

Really, really, the best answer is the truth. You must have your reasons. Those ones make the best answer. Make sure they make sense to you first, then you will find it easier to relate them at your visa interview and the POE, if asked.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Justbright(m): 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2017
Pls how do I find ma way to d Walter carrinton Lagos embassy... Am coming from abeokuta, my interview is 21St of this month by 10am... Do u think I can be there on time considering ma distance?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2017
Best response is to tell the truth.

pushy8:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nigeriainfo: 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2017
dont you have a family in Lagos that can accommodate you a day before your interview? or better still you can get cheap hotel around Lagos mainland. Don't risk coming that day ooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nigeriainfo: 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
Justbright:
Pls how do I find ma way to d Walter carrinton Lagos embassy... Am coming from abeokuta, my interview is 21St of this month by 10am... Do u think I can be there on time considering ma distance?
come sleep in Lagos a day before your interview in your interest
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hello pushy8 -

The best response is the truth. Tourism and vacation are basically the same thing. Tell us why you are visiting if that is what's asked.

pushy8:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
seyewest:
No matter what you can't state your spouse/sponsor income in the form.

Yeah, sure, not captured. Our guy has seen it in same light too...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by windows8: 8:02pm On Aug 10, 2017
Good evening gurus and everyone,

Firstly, I will like to encourage everyone to take time out to read this page from the very first page. It's painstakingly but the knowledge here assisted me in avoiding touts and agents.

Transcript for today's interview @ window 3( A young girl)
Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning
Vo: Why do you want to go to the United States?
Me: I want to attend the traditional and white wedding ceremony of my childhood friend in................ , to show support for their union and share in their joy, thank You.
Vo: I see your dad is late
Me: Yes
Vo: I'm sorry about that
Me: Thank you.
Vo: Was your dad a citizen?
Me: I was told by the visa officer years ago that he was a green card holder.
Vo: What do you do?
Me: I'm the CEO of ............ Entertainment and bar. Told her my Functions.
Vo: Are you married
Me: No, I'm engaged.
Vo: Any children
Me: (with a honest smile) I just found out I'm going to be a dad two days ago.
Vo:What does your "WIFE" do?
Me: She is fashion designer.
Vo: Have you traveled out before? (why flipping through my passport)
Me: No
After tying for few seconds, stretch her hand and handed me a paper on why I can't get the visa, though white paper but not the real white paper if you know what I mean.

So guys that's it, I knew my ties of not traveling and others was low but to be honest, travelling is not really my thing, I have a good business and can sponsor myself. if not for wedding, I don't think I will want to visit after I was denied immigrant visa years ago.

But here is my little worry, I have a feeling that my application then ruined my chances,I just hope nothing has gone wrong.

Here is a brief story of how it happened cause I was young then. My step brothers are both citizens but my dad filled for me when he went there for visit twice.

So after the medical test and all, the interview date came like a year or two after my dad died, I was told by the visa officer then that I cannot get a visa cause I can't prove through DNA that he is my father.

My step brother said he filled a petition for us over there but till date I don't know how it went. I can't ask him and he won't even say cause our relationship has gone down the drain after father died.

Two things on my mind, either the Vo perceive that i would still want to immigrate or that petition filled by my brother has something to do with it with cause I wasn't expecting that question though I wrote it out in the form.

Specials thanks to everyone, can't mention names cause it's a very long list. You guys rock.
Sorry for the long epistle.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2017
Justbright:
if you can leave Abeokuta by 5am... you should get to V.I before 9pm or better still come a day before the interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lizzyfash27: 11:02pm On Aug 10, 2017
Good evening everyone, please I need your advice I was denied Visa in May
I was supposed to attend a conference so the agent I used filled my form which she filled wrongly - she wrote that I don't have relatives in US, that there's no need writing I have relatives there since I am going for a conference
My uncle wants to invite my family and I for Christmas
please I need to know if this can stand against us
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Richmondoau(m): 11:06pm On Aug 10, 2017
Pls how do I find ma way to d Walter carrinton Lagos embassy... Am coming from abeokuta, my interview is 21St of this month by 10am... Do u think I can be there on time considering ma distance? [
From Abeokuta to ketu, ketu to Obalende roundabout. You can cheap hotel at Lafiagi. then take keke to US embassy on the day of your interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by efavour: 12:18am On Aug 11, 2017
My mum was stamped in for 6 months, I don't want her to overstay her visa cos I have plans for her to visit again next year. However,I want to milk this her stay very well, please my people if she leaves few days to the end of her six months will cause problems for her when she wants to come back a couple of months later? And again, how can I change her return ticket date with Qatar.Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lexyj123(f): 8:44am On Aug 11, 2017
very touching though. you are almost there bro. just work on your ties and be patient. more so try and resolve issues with your half brothers even if they wronged you in the first place, your lifeline may rest on their shoulders
windows8:
Good evening gurus and everyone,

Firstly, I will like to encourage everyone to take time out to read this page from the very first page. It's painstakingly but the knowledge here assisted me in avoiding touts and agents.

Transcript for today's interview @ window 3( A young girl)
Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning
Vo: Why do you want to go to the United States?
Me: I want to attend the traditional and white wedding ceremony of my childhood friend in................ , to show support for their union and share in their joy, thank You.
Vo: I see your dad is late
Me: Yes
Vo: I'm sorry about that
Me: Thank you.
Vo: Was your dad a citizen?
Me: I was told by the visa officer years ago that he was a green card holder.
Vo: What do you do?
Me: I'm the CEO of ............ Entertainment and bar. Told her my Functions.
Vo: Are you married
Me: No, I'm engaged.
Vo: Any children
Me: (with a honest smile) I just found out I'm going to be a dad two days ago.
Vo:What does your "WIFE" do?
Me: She is fashion designer.
Vo: Have you traveled out before? (why flipping through my passport)
Me: No
After tying for few seconds, stretch her hand and handed me a paper on why I can't get the visa, though white paper but not the real white paper if you know what I mean.

So guys that's it, I knew my ties of not traveling and others was low but to be honest, travelling is not really my thing, I have a good business and can sponsor myself. if not for wedding, I don't think I will want to visit after I was denied immigrant visa years ago.

But here is my little worry, I have a feeling that my application then ruined my chances,I just hope nothing has gone wrong.

Here is a brief story of how it happened cause I was young then. My step brothers are both citizens but my dad filled for me when he went there for visit twice.

So after the medical test and all, the interview date came like a year or two after my dad died, I was told by the visa officer then that I cannot get a visa cause I can't prove through DNA that he is my father.

My step brother said he filled a petition for us over there but till date I don't know how it went. I can't ask him and he won't even say cause our relationship has gone down the drain after father died.

Two things on my mind, either the Vo perceive that i would still want to immigrate or that petition filled by my brother has something to do with it with cause I wasn't expecting that question though I wrote it out in the form.

Specials thanks to everyone, can't mention names cause it's a very long list. You guys rock.
Sorry for the long epistle.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pushy8: 9:06am On Aug 11, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Best response is to tell the truth.

Thanks. I have no intention of lying,I just wanted to be sure of the proper choice of words and relative perception.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lizzyfash27: 11:00am On Aug 11, 2017
lizzyfash27:
I was supposed to attend a conference so the agent I used filled my form which she filled wrongly - she wrote that I don't have relatives in US, that there's no need writing I have relatives there since I am going for a conference
please I am still waiting for your response thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:27am On Aug 11, 2017
Wait. You just told us the following:
1. You filled that you have no relatives in your first application;
2. Now in the second application, you are going to tick 'yes' to the question 'do you have relatives in the US';
3. I am not a VO, but your credibility is damaged. It pays to be honest, even if you don't get the visa.
4. MY FELLOW NIGERIANS, THE US IS NOT LIKE NIGERIA, WHERE WE DON'T CARE ABOUT KEEPING RECORDS. I ATTENDED MY FIRST INTERVIEW IN ABUJA, AND THERE WAS A MAN WHO WAS TOLD ABOUT A CREDIT-CARD FRAUD, HE COMMITTED IN 1975!

lizzyfash27:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:29am On Aug 11, 2017
You may stammer and get the visa.
You may murder english and get the visa.
You may speak coherent, queens english and still be denied.
But whatever you say and how you say it, let it make sense to you first, and it will probably make sense to the VO.

pushy8:

Thanks. I have no intention of lying,I just wanted to be sure of the proper choice of words and relative perception.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:31am On Aug 11, 2017
1. How long did she say, she was going to stay in the US, on her form and at her interview?
2. Depending on her age, they could overlook her staying that long, so long as it does enter into 'overstay' zone. IMHO.
3. The other's is best answered by the VO (@AbujaNIV) and resolved by the airline.

efavour:
My mum was stamped in for 6 months, I don't want her to overstay her visa cos I have plans for her to visit again next year. However,I want to milk this her stay very well, please my people if she leaves few days to the end of her six months will cause problems for her when she wants to come back a couple of months later? And again, how can I change her return ticket date with Qatar.Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:34am On Aug 11, 2017
lizzyfash27:
please I am still waiting for your response thanks
Every action has consequences
So yes ma. Your lie (not mistake) has consequences
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pushy8: 12:27pm On Aug 11, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
You may stammer and get the visa.
You may murder english and get the visa.
You may speak coherent, queens english and still be denied.
But whatever you say and how you say it, let it make sense to you first, and it will probably make sense to the VO.

cheesy noted Kaptain Afrika... much appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.