Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? (15943 Views)

Poll: Men: Will you?

Yes: 62% (50 votes)
No: 37% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Would You Forgive Ur Girlfriend Whom Because Of Her U Got Beaten Nd She Left U / Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman / Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Diva1(f): 11:31pm On Apr 24, 2009
Guys knowing you men have a lot of ego and pride, can and would you be able to (easily) forgive your girl if she insults you badly as a result of frustration, if you are the cause of her doing so or not frustration?
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by jacktweed(m): 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2009
Forgive Fire!!! angry

Wo! I would beat the living crap out of her before she even finishes her caterwauls! If she has a loose tongue, the best way to zip it back is by reminding her with a huge fist everytime her mouth opens and i wont even feel one ounce of remorse for my actions. Action speaks louder than words and as she words, i reply with action. No dulling!

1 Like

Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by SeanT21(f): 12:30am On Apr 25, 2009
jack tweed:

Forgive Fire!!! angry

Wo! I would beat the living crap out of her before she even finishes her caterwauls! If she has a loose tongue, the best way to zip it back is by reminding her with a huge fist everytime her mouth opens and i wont even feel one ounce of remorse for my actions. Action speaks louder than words and as she words, i reply with action. No dulling!

U scare me ooooh. embarassed
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by yme1(f): 12:31am On Apr 25, 2009
@jack

you harsh ooooooo shocked
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by 190: 1:18am On Apr 25, 2009
Jack is more or less my kind of man
people like jack are wot ladies need

kip it up man!
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by tpiah: 1:46am On Apr 25, 2009
jack tweed:

Forgive Fire!!! angry

I hope you live in Nigeria!!!

because anywhere else your ass is toast!!

1 Like

Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Sissy3(f): 1:48am On Apr 25, 2009
tpiah:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by justwise(m): 1:52am On Apr 25, 2009
Yes i will but not when she does it over and over again, it has to be one off.

1 Like

Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Sauron1: 2:12am On Apr 25, 2009
Diva1:

Guys knowing you men have a lot of ego and pride, can and would you be able to (easily) forgive your girl if she insults you badly as a result of frustration, if you are the cause of her doing so or not frustration?

Forgiveness?? shocked
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Lax75(m): 3:31am On Apr 25, 2009
undecided
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Diva1(f): 3:44am On Apr 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

Forgiveness?? shocked

What is so hard?

Lax75:

That is what actually leads to the destruction of many marriages believe it or not. Yes, men "physically" abuse women, but funny enough there are alot of "emotionally" abused men who because of pride and ego don't admit it. Instead they hold in all the insults their women give them and it turns into hidden resentments. These resentments then is what leads to other things. Women need to really watch what comes out of their tongues because words do stick. I know a friend of mine who is divorced now (marriage only lasted 15 months). During arguments, his wife used to always say stuff like "my parents didn't want me to marry you and your illiterate family, etc" This guy was actually the one who not only paid for the wedding, but flew her parents over from Nigeria to attend the wedding. He confessed to me that words like that sewed seeds that really killed his trust in the marriage. Today they are divorced. The power of the tongue is REALLY underestimated. Growing up, my mom used to always curse me and tell me that I reminded her of my father (father and I look alike and my mom and dad have been divorced for over 3 decades). Well, what happened was that growing up this affected my self esteem but to the glory of God almighty he delivered me from all the insults that affected me.

My 2 cents.

What if it is the fault of the man that led to such insults? what would you say on that? cos I believe it's because most men dont listen especially when there are signs.
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Lax75(m): 4:32am On Apr 25, 2009
What if it is the fault of the man that led to such insults? what would you say on that? cos I believe it's because most men dont listen especially when there are signs.

I am glad you asked.

I will also focus on a few words of yours. You said I "believe" it's because "most" men dont listen,

Ok, something wrong here. There is always a way to fight "fairly." Just as with a man, you shouldn't raise your hand on your woman simply because she doesn't listen. Insulting and raining insults on any grown man or woman will only lead to more issues. As I mentioned before, it is not the right thing to do because it only causes more problems and resentment down the line. Trust me, I have watched it ruin relationships. You may also end up saying things you regret when you cool down but unfortunately the person you are insulting will not forget.

1 Like

Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:33am On Apr 25, 2009
tpiah:

Abi ohhh!!!!

@ topic

Geez. . .some of these asses that come on here and spit fire. . .are just the ones who ain't gonna do nothing. . .so please give us a break.  angry
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by bluespice(f): 5:50am On Apr 25, 2009
to the jack tweeds n 190s of this place
i pray ur asses get beat up so bad one day by the fellas of one of the ladies u been hittin n they drum it into ur heads with punches on each sillable that real men dont hit ladies

KMT!
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by C2H5OH(f): 7:08am On Apr 25, 2009
bluespice:

to the jack tweeds n 190s of this place
i pray ur asses get beat up so bad one day by the fellas of one of the ladies u been hittin n they drum it into ur heads with punches on each sillable that real men dont hit ladies

KMT!
That's not really a solution now is it? It just continues the trend of violence and childish stupidity. What has violence ever accomplished? The real key to solving these kinds of taboos is to communicate.

If a wife feels her husband is being hurtful or has really done her wrong . . . nothing should stop her from calling him aside in a serious conversation to let him know it has a profound effect on her. If he refuses to right the situation, why marry that kind of man in the first place?
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by biina: 8:38am On Apr 25, 2009
tpiah:

That's  if he is lucky.
Most likely  his ass will belong to his big, hairy, pot-bellied, cellmate, who would have him change his name from jack to jacqueline, as it would better suit his role as his cellmate's bitch. grin
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by MaiSuya(m): 9:57am On Apr 25, 2009
Terrific! feminists are at it again, so what else is new? To hell with his pride and ego, there's no problem in calling the man a swine, a pig-headed buffoon, an idiot; afterall, they should understand that that's the way women are made: to use their tongue - anyhow! Moreover, he is a man, so he should willingly take the insults as one!!!

The reasoning  of some people is just so pathetic, you wonder how on earth they mange to function. . .

@OP would I [b]Easily [/b]forgive her if she rains insults on me? Would she [b]easily [/b]forgive me were I to retaliate in a manner I deem fit?

'Real men don't hit women' they say . . . who gives you right to define who a real man is, when you are yet to fully understand who a real woman is? ie one that doesn't insult real men!  cool

1 Like

Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 25, 2009
Mai Suya:

Terrific! feminists are at it again, so what else is new? To hell with his pride and ego, there's no problem in calling the man a swine, a pig-headed buffoon, an idiot; afterall, they should understand that that's they women are made: to use their tongue - anyhow! Moreover, he is a man, so he should willingly take the insults as one!!!

The reasoning of some people is just so pathetic, you wonder how on earth they mange to function. . .

@OP would I [b]Easily [/b]forgive her if she rains insults on me? Would she [b]easily [/b]forgive me were I to retaliate in a manner I deem fit?

'Real men don't hit women' they say . . . who gives you right to define who a real man is, when you are yet to fully understand who a real woman is? ie one that doesn't insult real men! cool
POWERFUL POST, POWERFUL POST
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Pataki: 10:55am On Apr 25, 2009
Why would she rain insults on me? Would I easily forgive her? No!

A woman with a tongue penned for insults is not even my choice of woman. No sensible dude would ever want such a woman.
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Igwe9(m): 11:01am On Apr 25, 2009
I will of course, but not definitely when it becomes a habit
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by ashe2(f): 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2009
yes as pple of faith and love we surround the ones we love with love and as i said earlier love is keepin records of no wrong done and remember a thousand flames cant quench it with faith callin tins dat be not as though they were we say My guy or chick is not insultive she is careful to talk, she talks in lovely tone she does not nag and i love her. jus kip tellin her u love her and keep prayin 4 her but wait a while did u follow ur heart concerning her? is she really Gods chosen for u Talk to God. Wen i say this i mean god should not seeem abstract to u he said he will neva leave nor forsake u now our conscience is the inward man jus be still God is always talkin so u can hear wat he is sayin concernin dat babe if she is for real jus like u know ur earthly father wud talk and u will hear the same goes.

1 Like

Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Oxone(m): 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2009
@jack & 190
:- cry[Are you guys for real? probably missed your way by a couple of centuries. On no account should you hit a woman!!! we are in the 21st century for heaven sakes shocked
@ OP
I would not forgive her cause nothing turns me off in a woman faster than a loose tongue angry. I think women should count their word before uttering them as some of the things you say can't be taken back undecided
As for me i would just walk away from the whole thing sad
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by ladybam(f): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2009
funny.
i've insulted my bf a thousand times.but he stil finds somehow, and forgives.am really praying to stop the habit
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Dondav(m): 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2009
I agree with oxone, i'll simply walk away and pray she knows wath she's doing.
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Donsaminu(m): 2:47pm On Apr 25, 2009
o GOD help ma gal not to fall into such huge temptation of insult cause i would pull out her tongue from her mouth and latter ask for forgiveness plus a choices to ether remain in this relationship or still remain and also be a good girl
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by abiabi1: 3:11pm On Apr 25, 2009
Jack Tweed, u sound like a Devil. Am very sure u grew up seeing ur dad beating ur mom, or in an area full of violence, else u wont be sounding so cruel. I imagine what u would look like?
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by WafiJoe(m): 3:49pm On Apr 25, 2009
Hello Everyone,
Listen, it is very wrong to insult anyone, be it a kid or an adult. Though within kids, it can be overlooked, because maybe they are really young and dont really understands what they are saying, but with adults, it is a disgusting act. I personally, believe it or not. I find it difficult to insult anyone, been it my mate, junior, or someone older than me. To cut the long story short, I dont see any reason why a decent girl someone who is not a LovePeddler will stoop herself so low, as to insult her husband.

It should be noted that telling someone that he/she is a fool when he really is, is not bad.  grin  Though it shouldnt be said to ones partner. Because by doing it that you are indirectly insulting yourself. Because a girlfriend of a fool is also a fool.

@ author
As for the question, nothing is unforgiveable, though some are punishable

@abi-abi
If your pile dey beat ur mama, no be so e be for everybody

@lady bam
dont call him bf, he is ur slave, a mad slave for dat matter, because only a foolish slave will keep takin shit, and decide not to escape.
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by nguage(m): 4:05pm On Apr 25, 2009
I'm happy people are now equating insults with physical abuse, how classy?

It is a well-known fact that women are not as (physically) strong as men, so it would be wrong for you, as a man, to hit someone who's not as strong as you, it is called being a bully. On the other hand, it is not proven that women are more insultive than men are, so there's nothing wrong when a woman insults you, you have as much power to say something back or walk out of the room.

This brings me to my next point, people getting hit can't walk out, people getting insulted can choose not to listen.

Now to the question, it's all context dependent, there's no blanket answer to this question. It depends on a couple of things like: what the woman said, how loud she was, what the man has done to get that response from her, and how often she "rains" insults.
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Enomis(f): 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2009
Dont mind all these wimpy oafs that hit women and cower in fear when even remotely threathened by their fellow men. There's nothin wrong with walking away.no one says u have to forgive her. wink
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by mccloud224(m): 4:18pm On Apr 25, 2009
The thing is, as a man, you have to let your woman know from the onset what you expect from he early in the relationship (that's if you're serious about her and vice versa). For those who support beating her up, well, there are other ways to put a woman in line other than beating.If she loves or cares a hoot about you, neglecting her would crush her more than a 16 hit combo involving slaps and punches.Besides, violence is another way of expressing loss of control.When you beat her up, you have LOST ALL CONTROL and what happens when she doesn't respond to the beatings?Wetin you go do?Kill am?

Exercise discipline hommies.
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Diva1(f): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2009
n-guage:

I'm happy people are now equating insults with physical abuse, how classy?

It is a well-known fact that women are not as (physically) strong as men, so it would be wrong for you, as a man, to hit someone who's not as strong as you, it is called being a bully. On the other hand, it is not proven that women are more insultive than men are, so there's nothing wrong when a woman insults you, you have as much power to say something back or walk out of the room.

This brings me to my next point, people getting hit can't walk out, people getting insulted can choose not to listen.

Now to the question, it's all context dependent, there's no blanket answer to this question. It depends on a couple of things like: what the woman said, how loud she was, what the man has done to get that response from her, and how often she "rains" insults.

So would you forgive easily if you as the man know you are the cause, no matter the gravity of words she said, maybe she has been giving u signs but you chose to ignore and then she explodes one day with words u could never imagine from her and next day, she begins to apologise, How would ur reaction be?

Dondav:

I agree with oxone, i'll simply walk away and pray she knows wath she's doing.

That's why she aplogises 'cos she realises. So u would still walk out?

lady bam:

funny.
i've insulted my bf a thousand times.but he stil finds somehow, and forgives.am really praying to stop the habit

Please stop lol, if it's a habit, once or twice due to frustration on his own side can be acceptable.

Pataki:

Why would she rain insults on me? Would I easily forgive her? No!

A woman with a tongue penned for insults is not even my choice of woman. No sensible dude would ever want such a woman.

What if you know she isnt that way but it was your own fault that trigerred such?
Re: Men Would You Easily Forgive Ur Woman If She Rains Insults On You? by Diva1(f): 4:49pm On Apr 25, 2009
@Lax75

I agree with you but you know sometimes, words said might not be meant and it can't just happen one day, he woman would just start insulting, maybe the man was the cause,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ladies: What Do U Like In A Man's Body? / 6 Problems Only Big Butted Girls Will Understand / Weird Places You've Had Sex Or Would Love To Have Sex Except In Bedroom (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.