Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] (3767 Views)

USB OTG Cable - 7 Important Things You Can Use It For On Android / 6 Amazing Devices To Be Launched During The Jumia Mobile Week (photos) / Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by TechPill: 7:37pm On Oct 11, 2015
Most Android User still don't know what awesome things their android phone is cable of, that's the reason you need to explore your device to the fullness.
Have of you heard of OTG? Whats the function of OTG? How to use and connect OTG? well this post will answer all those questions for you.

What is OTG Cable and Its Functions
OTG means "On The Go", Its a standard cable in which Android devices talk and communicate to each other for example For example, instead of connecting to a PC to transfer files, USB OTG enables devices to connect directly and swap stuff; instead of sending your photos to your printer via your PC, you can connect directly do it, and so on.
That is not all! you can use this to connect a mouse to your device and operated it just as you do on PC, play games using the mouse or pad connected via the OTG cable to your android device. If you fancy making music on Android, USB OTG enables you to connect devices such as MIDI keyboards and controllers, audio inputs for instruments and vocals and various controllers that can turn your phone or tablet into a serious music-making machine. Here are the Top 6 Things OTG cable Can do.

Top 6 Amazing Things You Can Do On Android Using OTG Cable

1. Using a Flash Drive.
With the usb OTG cable you can share file between various devices be it PC or all type of android devices that support the OTG. just plug and play. You can watch movies on flash using the OTG Cable or reading document on the flash.

2. Using A Mouse Or Keyboard
If you like simplicity you will want to use this function especially if you are game freak. You can use a normal PC mouse on android either to play game, or just move around on the device. it work amazingly.

3. Using a 3G Modern On Android Device
Wow! i love this part. Do you know you can use this to boost your internet speed? Yes it can boost it. if you have WIFI only device use this to surf. just plug in the modern on the OTG cable and start surfing.

4. Using it As External Game Controller
Did i just hear you say cool? This is more than cool. Playing game using your android control is not the same using and external controller, it run smooth and fast. You can play your favorite game like Call of Duty, All Pro Evolution Soccer Series, Modern Combat, Mortal Kombat etc. with ease on your Android Device.

5. File Transfer Between Devices
Most people uses xender or flashshare top share file between their devices but if you use OTG you will know that this is the fastest way to send file between devices.

6. Changing A Phone With Another Phone.
This is awesome isn't? instead of using Power Bank you can just use this method to add some power juice from your friends phone.

Which Devices Support USB OTG?
Not all devices has this feature, To know if you have it just check the box you will see the following logo on it or just google your device name + OTG to know if it support it. Here are some of the list of devices supported.

>> Sony Xperia Z, ZL, Z Ultra, Z1
>> Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 1, Note 2, Note 3
>> LG Optimus G, G2
>> HTC X, One, One mini, One max
>> Google Nexus 5
>> And Several Other Phones.
Have you been using this Already? What other Feature can OTG cable do that is not listed here? Add it on the comment box.
Source: http://www.techpill.net/2015/10/top-6-amazing-things-you-can-do-on.html

[img]http://2.bp..com/-ZZft6V5fkLY/VhqihRKgJSI/AAAAAAAAAPU/GlVKhaONPNM/s320/Using-a-flash-drive-with-an-android-device-1024x540.jpg[/img] [img]http://3.bp..com/-TaWoYhN5ngA/VhqihCJYc4I/AAAAAAAAAPE/HExO9A_f7Sc/s320/Using-a-3G-modem-with-Android-tablet-1024x595.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-KveCHSQOveQ/VhqiiaW_EqI/AAAAAAAAAPc/o3_xvMc9EL0/s320/using-an-xbox-360-game-controller-with-Android-1024x519.jpg[/img] [img]http://4.bp..com/-GPX5soz1E4k/VhqiiC29QYI/AAAAAAAAAPg/1YGZ8aE-fnQ/s320/charging-a-phone-with-another-phone-1024x632.jpg[/img]
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by RemyMartins(m): 7:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
Yhp!!! I have one
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
yes my 3310 can use it na
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Whizpeter(m): 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
Not New...
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by benega: 11:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
Gr8
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Supermiy: 12:38am On Oct 12, 2015
Dunno How I Missed Something This Useful!..Nice One Op!
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Mustack: 5:10am On Oct 12, 2015
My jiayu s3 can do that...
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Irelokeh(m): 6:08am On Oct 12, 2015
Nice info op!
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by shedo4sure: 6:10am On Oct 12, 2015
My tecno h6 does it even more better...
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by samintegrity(m): 6:43am On Oct 12, 2015
This is more of the reasons why people fail, what is it gonna cost u to give photo credit to Wale Adekile of Geek.ng instead of editing dis site logo and placing urs .

Its well!! Pls nxt time try not to.
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by invisibility: 6:52am On Oct 12, 2015
No 3 doesn't work on most android Phones with OTG function but they work on many android tablets. I've tried 3G modem on OTG enabled Android Phones with no success.
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Adrenaline123(m): 7:34am On Oct 12, 2015
Gionee m2 can do it. It can charge other phones.
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by chudyprince: 8:47am On Oct 12, 2015
TechPill:
Most Android User still don't know what awesome things their android phone is cable of, that's the reason you need to explore your device to the fullness.
Have of you heard of OTG? Whats the function of OTG? How to use and connect OTG? well this post will answer all those questions for you.

What is OTG Cable and Its Functions
OTG means "On The Go", Its a standard cable in which Android devices talk and communicate to each other for example For example, instead of connecting to a PC to transfer files, USB OTG enables devices to connect directly and swap stuff; instead of sending your photos to your printer via your PC, you can connect directly do it, and so on.
That is not all! you can use this to connect a mouse to your device and operated it just as you do on PC, play games using the mouse or pad connected via the OTG cable to your android device. If you fancy making music on Android, USB OTG enables you to connect devices such as MIDI keyboards and controllers, audio inputs for instruments and vocals and various controllers that can turn your phone or tablet into a serious music-making machine. Here are the Top 6 Things OTG cable Can do.

Top 6 Amazing Things You Can Do On Android Using OTG Cable

1. Using a Flash Drive.
With the usb OTG cable you can share file between various devices be it PC or all type of android devices that support the OTG. just plug and play. You can watch movies on flash using the OTG Cable or reading document on the flash.

2. Using A Mouse Or Keyboard
If you like simplicity you will want to use this function especially if you are game freak. You can use a normal PC mouse on android either to play game, or just move around on the device. it work amazingly.

3. Using a 3G Modern On Android Device
Wow! i love this part. Do you know you can use this to boost your internet speed? Yes it can boost it. if you have WIFI only device use this to surf. just plug in the modern on the OTG cable and start surfing.

4. Using it As External Game Controller
Did i just hear you say cool? This is more than cool. Playing game using your android control is not the same using and external controller, it run smooth and fast. You can play your favorite game like Call of Duty, All Pro Evolution Soccer Series, Modern Combat, Mortal Kombat etc. with ease on your Android Device.

5. File Transfer Between Devices
Most people uses xender or flashshare top share file between their devices but if you use OTG you will know that this is the fastest way to send file between devices.

6. Changing A Phone With Another Phone.
This is awesome isn't? instead of using Power Bank you can just use this method to add some power juice from your friends phone.

Which Devices Support USB OTG?
Not all devices has this feature, To know if you have it just check the box you will see the following logo on it or just google your device name + OTG to know if it support it. Here are some of the list of devices supported.

>> Sony Xperia Z, ZL, Z Ultra, Z1
>> Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 1, Note 2, Note 3
>> LG Optimus G, G2
>> HTC X, One, One mini, One max
>> Google Nexus 5
>> And Several Other Phones.
Have you been using this Already? What other Feature can OTG cable do that is not listed here? Add it on the comment box.
Source: http://www.techpill.net/2015/10/top-6-amazing-things-you-can-do-on.html

[img]http://2.bp..com/-ZZft6V5fkLY/VhqihRKgJSI/AAAAAAAAAPU/GlVKhaONPNM/s320/Using-a-flash-drive-with-an-android-device-1024x540.jpg[/img] [img]http://3.bp..com/-TaWoYhN5ngA/VhqihCJYc4I/AAAAAAAAAPE/HExO9A_f7Sc/s320/Using-a-3G-modem-with-Android-tablet-1024x595.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-KveCHSQOveQ/VhqiiaW_EqI/AAAAAAAAAPc/o3_xvMc9EL0/s320/using-an-xbox-360-game-controller-with-Android-1024x519.jpg[/img] [img]http://4.bp..com/-GPX5soz1E4k/VhqiiC29QYI/AAAAAAAAAPg/1YGZ8aE-fnQ/s320/charging-a-phone-with-another-phone-1024x632.jpg[/img]
how much is it price?
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by sunntrost(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2015
I need it, how can I get one
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by mjames: 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
Tecno L6 has OTG and does all the functions
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Knownpal(m): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
chudyprince:
how much is it price?

You shouldn't have quote all the post na.

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by TechPill: 3:13pm On Oct 13, 2015
chudyprince:
how much is it price?
btw N1,500-2,000
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by frinx: 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
Including external USB speakers, USB fans, Hard disk and more
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by oafowowe(m): 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
BA II Plus Texas Instrument Calculator available for CIS and CFA candidates.
Call Deji on 08183993936 for your request.

1 Share

Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Onymerchandise: 6:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
chudyprince:
how much is it price?
Just N600check my signature.
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Onymerchandise: 6:14pm On Oct 13, 2015
sunntrost:
I need it, how can I get one
N600 Sir check my signature.
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Paramount01(m): 7:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
Good. But are you sure is #600.can it be used to play ppssp games?
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Onymerchandise: 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
Paramount01:
Good. But are you sure is #600.can it be used to play ppssp games?
Do you mean on android phone with external pad
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Paramount01(m): 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
Yap
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Onymerchandise: 4:32am On Oct 14, 2015
Paramount01:
Yap
Yes you can play the game with externally controlled game pad with the use of OTG.
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Paramount01(m): 7:27am On Oct 14, 2015
Pls can you add me up on what up. We need to talk.,i am not getting the way to use these o. T. A 08068791600
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Mafia4life(m): 8:00am On Oct 14, 2015
It is very stupid of me to start using my phone as powerbank to other phones.
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Onymerchandise: 8:25am On Oct 14, 2015
Paramount01:
Pls can you add me up on what up. We need to talk.,i am not getting the way to use these o. T. A 08068791600
Am not on whatsapp now, contact me through Gmail on my profile
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by Paramount01(m): 8:58am On Oct 14, 2015
Am not getting these thing. Am using tecno r7. Will i just plug it inside my phone or i will have to open the accessibility stuff on my phone
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by TechPill: 11:58pm On Oct 19, 2015
Paramount01:
Am not getting these thing. Am using tecno r7. Will i just plug it inside my phone or i will have to open the accessibility stuff on my phone
What don't you get please... lemme explain it to you.
Re: Top 6 Amazing Thing An Android Device Can Do Using OTG Cable [images] by NwaScore442(m): 11:22pm On Sep 26, 2016
Check Out Uses of OTG Cable To Android HERE[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Move My Apps To Sdcard In Gionee M5 Marathon / Xiaomi Strengthens Footprint In Nigeria. / Please Help My Airtel Sim Isn't Sending Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.