Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? (96957 Views)

FG Responds To Call For Petrol Price Increase / Nigerians React To The Possible Increase In The Petrol Price Of 145/litre To 152 / NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by Okudiover(m): 4:21am On Oct 12, 2015
POWEROFPEACE:
Not only fuel price but every thing is going to change for good. I wonder what would have happened to us all if Jonathan had won the 2015 presidential election.

grin grin grin grin grin grin This is what I keep telling people. All this subsidy talk we have been hearing in the past will be incomplete if the greater chunk of subsidy means subsidizing corruption. SAI BUHARI!!

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by MsZeezah: 4:31am On Oct 12, 2015
Tnot:

Haha ha... Nairaland time abi
It's 9:30 pm on your own NL abi? Keep showing yaself.
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by dharnte: 4:36am On Oct 12, 2015
Ilesha people and their deceptive ways Ilesha people and their deceptive ways undecided
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA

[size=18pt]You have bought into the fuel subsidy scam. Buhari says fuel is not subsided and it is overpriced.

As an oil producer, Buhari says Nigerian fuel should not be considered subsidised if it is sold below the international trading price for fuel.

Nigeria produces its own oil and only need to charge its citizen the cost refining, transportation and distribution, which he believes should be under N50 per litre.[/size]
Owliver:
119 ltrs per barrel(46$ october contract) that gives us about 90naira per litre - other expenses. soooo who will pay the subsidy. lobatan
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by Nobody: 4:43am On Oct 12, 2015
What is dis thread?
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by Adminisher: 4:52am On Oct 12, 2015
Bolade005:
I can't confirm the authenticity now but a friend told me Petrol was sold at 50naira at one of the NNPC stations.

It's good there is an impending downward review in the price of petroleum and I hope with this our wailing brothers would admit this is indeed Change.

I think credit should go to GEJ though IF true. grin

You don't understand the GEJ government. If oil price and international prevailing price had forced down the price of fuel they would still have kept it high to enrich the "traders of fuel" with private jets and Dieziani would have confused the dumbo about retaining profits anyway there would have been no decrease.
Jonathan's government was for lazy businesmen with connections

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by Dwilderness: 4:52am On Oct 12, 2015
Powerofpeace I can see illitracy on rampage here or is it abnormal ignorance? When there's fall in the price of crude, it is only natural that pump price will also drop. Again, do you know how much this administration has borrowed already? We should be well informed so as not to expose our ignorance at large. GEJ first reduced pump price by N10. They are working on a blue print but now it has been reduced by N25. The working refineries are also a contributry factor. Who fixed the blue print? It was GEJ, who fixed the refineries? It was GEJ. The refineries were down for donkey years. OBJ lied and looted huge sums in the name of the refineries yet no result. GEJ came and worked them quietly we are seeing the results. If he had won, you would have seen the changes cos he meant well for Nigeria. just that corruption under him I can't explain. But the corruption cut accross party lines and the APC states were worse off. Open eyes before mouth please. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by haywon(m): 4:59am On Oct 12, 2015
#sai baba.
Power
of change
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by benedicts(m): 5:00am On Oct 12, 2015
I hope OP was trying to say, #57,..... If its. Made official, then we can start jubilating because. Also will improve the life of the common. Men in naija, nigeria will rise again, someday soon, a dollar will equate #1 . We dey hope o.
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by Kx: 5:24am On Oct 12, 2015
Mackson01:
Everything is coming down. Cement now sell below #1500. Thank God I am alive to witness this new change. It so clear how clueless Gej was. Sai baba

Guy, I guess u mean cement will sell for N1000 or less because over the weekend I bought cement for N1500.
Change is sweet.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by franugo(m): 5:27am On Oct 12, 2015
teadrake:

It is so unfortunate that a citizen of this country could spelt this kinda trash.
Where were you when Fuel was sold at N200-300 per liter during GEJ era?
Only a fool will ascribe this kind of positive development to GEJ failed transformation agenda.Better wake up from your slumber before is too late

this guy sef, u no sabi recognize sarcasm ni Its obvious d guy u quoted was being sarcastic abt ascribing the credit 2 gej
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by judgegabriel(m): 5:32am On Oct 12, 2015
I pray so
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by POWEROFPEACE(m): 5:36am On Oct 12, 2015
Dwilderness:
Powerofpeace I can see illitracy on rampage here or is it abnormal ignorance? When there's fall in the price of crude, it is only natural that pump price will also drop. Again, do you know how much this administration has borrowed already? We should be well informed so as not to expose our ignorance at large. GEJ first reduced pump price by N10. They are working on a blue print but now it has been reduced by N25. The working refineries are also a contributry factor. Who fixed the blue print? It was GEJ, who fixed the refineries? It was GEJ. The refineries were down for donkey years. OBJ lied and looted huge sums in the name of the refineries yet no result. GEJ came and worked them quietly we are seeing the results. If he had won, you would have seen the changes cos he meant well for Nigeria. just that corruption under him I can't explain. But the corruption cut accross party lines and the APC states were worse off. Open eyes before mouth please. Thanks.
. The real ignorance is when you see the truth and tries to cover it. When there is too much dirts in a soup even a blind man sees it. I don't know what you represent but I love the truth and I represent the truth. Jonathan did not fix anything. The debt you talk of was collected to take care of Jonathan mess.

17 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by nextstep(m): 5:37am On Oct 12, 2015
Koleman:
not at all. Direct opposite. World oil prices does not translate to domestic prices. World oil prices mainly affects govt revenue and if govt revenue are affected it simply means subsidy removal and if subsidy is removed it simply means higher domestic fuel prices.

Wow yes you're right. Didn't think of it from that perspective. So this is actually very good that in spite of the fall in revenue, petrol prices have reduced. Nice
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by electrobanker: 5:46am On Oct 12, 2015
boolet:

don't mind the angry dude.

Please, forgive hime...
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by dhesmond(m): 5:46am On Oct 12, 2015
Bolade005:
I can't confirm the authenticity now but a friend told me Petrol was sold at 50naira at one of the NNPC stations.

It's good there is an impending downward review in the price of petroleum and I hope with this our wailing brothers would admit this is indeed Change.

I think credit should go to GEJ though IF true. grin
sacarsm I guess?? GEJ ko OLE ni
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by mizmia: 5:48am On Oct 12, 2015
googlepikin:
I hate when I hear you bombers say that insha Allah. As in which allah is that ask for human blood.
Why are you so full.of hate and agitation. You attitude is really giving a bad aura about you moreover I am sure there is still freedom of religion so stop being a local terrorists

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by dhesmond(m): 5:49am On Oct 12, 2015
nextstep:

Wow yes you're right. Didn't think of it from that perspective. So this is actually very good that in spite of the fall in revenue, petrol prices have reduced. Nice
it will definitely fall since there's nothing like subsidy MR otuoke Theif introduced to loot us all...
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by MrImole: 5:51am On Oct 12, 2015
#65 in Ife.
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by papauju(m): 5:52am On Oct 12, 2015
That will be good if it happen to be true
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by rman: 5:54am On Oct 12, 2015
But there is scarcity in Ilorin, Ogbomoso, Osogbo and environs and a litre is being sold for 100 as at yesterday. So why is it so if price is coming down?
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by chidooh1: 5:56am On Oct 12, 2015
That's my prayer, let the price fall i won't be afraid of hold up again.
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by yemluc: 6:05am On Oct 12, 2015
wake up from slumber..
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by olahero(m): 6:09am On Oct 12, 2015
POWEROFPEACE:
Not only fuel price but every thing is going to change for good. I wonder what would have happened to us all if Jonathan had won the 2015 presidential election.
it will be terrible for Nigerians walai.
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by saintdas1: 6:12am On Oct 12, 2015
victorels:
cheesy
that is a good development gradually moving forward.
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by Cynosure04: 6:14am On Oct 12, 2015
I heard frm a friend 2 bt i dnt knw ao far its true. Bt i pray so. God help naija.
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by fortune1968: 6:16am On Oct 12, 2015
POWEROFPEACE:
if jona had won ?....unquantifiable calamity !
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by eaglechild: 6:21am On Oct 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:
If true....I doubt it is sustainable.

We are not earning enough money to pay for fuel subsidy.

I hate to say this...but until oil prices go up....it does not make economic sense to subsidse fuel.

Thank you so much.

You just said my mind, also our refineries need to be working at full capacity.

This is the unpopular truth.
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by 4nynath: 6:22am On Oct 12, 2015
hooged:
Although the price is not official, but a friend just post it on fb

Does anybody have idea price of cooking GAS now since petrol and kerosine has reduce?
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by 4nynath: 6:25am On Oct 12, 2015
Okudiover:

grin grin grin grin grin grin This is what I keep telling people. All this subsidy talk we have been hearing in the past will be incomplete if the greater chunk of subsidy means subsidizing corruption. SAI BUHARI!!

Yes oooo. SaI baba! What about cooking Gas my pple? Any new development on dat?
Re: Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? by yommen: 6:26am On Oct 12, 2015
tempest01:
Now that a barrel price is hanging at forty something naira, if we were a serious country, we could have focused on local refining and reduced our export quantity.

Fuel would have sold at like 50 naira per litre.

But

We give out crude for refined products. That's not gonna happen .

Bra, don't you think the fuel being sold at the reduced price is coming from our refineries?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu Dazzles In Green In ‘stay at home’ relaxation Mode / Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.