Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) (312491 Views)

Snail Farming In Nigeria Made Easy, Practical Tips / The A to Z Of Oil Palm Farming (Costs And Returns Analysis) / A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by princesoby(m): 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
Thanks for your thread, God bless u
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by Emblj: 2:27pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nice job. God bless u OP for sharing ur knowledge with us.
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by dundayo: 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
@Op, its a great work dat u ar doing here,may God bless u,am already mapping out strategies on starting my own snail business...thank you
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by dcollinsn5(m): 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
lordhugo:

The book.

Maybe I would write one.

Update coming soon.
.........GOD. Bless U beyound your expectation and the Expectation of men....Thanks for the knowledge
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by oladimejioo: 7:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
Lord hugo, God bless you for this information, I had to take my time to read all I have missed before the thread made the. FP. I just concluded the reading because I have been on the street all day. But to those critic who are in hurry to seek redress, I think it is better to read the whole thread before any question he said A-Z and u expect all those to be address before we get to Z. I am very happy to come across this thread and while I am still trying to raise fund for my poultry, I can start with this.
But I believe I should start with planting pawpaw.

3 Likes

Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by iNanaAma: 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
Ait.... smiley
will do grin
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by yomyjoe(m): 4:45am On Dec 17, 2015
Well done sir Snail Lord, by the grace of Almighty God, you will be my snail consultant next year 2016 when the rainy season starts. I am trying to gather funds to build my pen before that time, so when its set, i will buy the young snails and place them in their new home to start breeding. God keep us.
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by omonnakoda: 7:03am On Dec 17, 2015
Good job @OP

My question is this. If you incorporate snails into an integrated set up farming other crops e.g vegetables,etc do the snails not tend to attract snakes ?
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by lordhugo(m): 10:13am On Dec 17, 2015
Emblj:
Nice job. God bless u OP for sharing ur knowledge with us.
princesoby:
Thanks for your thread, God bless u
dundayo:
@Op, its a great work dat u ar doing here,may God bless u,am already mapping out strategies on starting my own snail business...thank you

God bless you all!

Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by lordhugo(m): 10:16am On Dec 17, 2015
yomyjoe:
Well done sir Snail Lord, by the grace of Almighty God, you will be my snail consultant next year 2016 when the rainy season starts. I am trying to gather funds to build my pen before that time, so when its set, i will buy the young snails and place them in their new home to start breeding. God keep us.

Well done Yomi, and yes...its better to build now so when the rainy season starts you will be ready.
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by lordhugo(m): 10:46am On Dec 17, 2015
omonnakoda:
Good job @OP

My question is this. If you incorporate snails into an integrated set up farming other crops e.g vegetables,etc do the snails not tend to attract snakes ?

With a solidly built perimeter fence (note- not the land fencing) around your snail beds, reptiles and other small animals will be locked out effectively.
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by lordhugo(m): 11:06am On Dec 17, 2015
[size=14pt]We stopped at 'M' for Market and we should move on to 'N' for Nursery soon.

Watch out![/size]
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by maxjax(m): 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2015
following....Good job man

lordhugo:
[size=14pt]We stopped at 'M' for Market and we should move on to 'N' for Nursery soon.

Watch out![/size]
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by supaduma: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
God Bless you lord-hugo. So far, i have been thoroughly schooled on snailery.

I will be contacting you in due course for some advice on how to integrate my goat/plantain/ vegetable farm with snail.

thank you for this invaluable knowledge share.

1 Like

Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by desykay(f): 12:26am On Dec 19, 2015
@Lordhugo, Thanks for the quality of info given so far on this thread
pls i want to know if i can use sawdust as soil for my snails as its difficult getting good sandy loamy for my snails whenever i want to change the soil(i make use of used tyres)
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by iNanaAma: 8:05am On Dec 19, 2015
CANT WAIT FOR N-Z[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Woooooooo!!!!

Wat constitutes a solidly built perimeter, u think?
Can u describe, mayb wit fotos
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by iNanaAma: 8:08am On Dec 19, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]CANT WAIT FOR N Z!!!!!!! Woooo...[color=#990000][/color] shocked shocked

Wat constitutes a solidly built perimeter?
Can u describe , mayb wit fotos?
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by hardychris(m): 9:15am On Dec 19, 2015
Do you cover it from rain and sun? Can't the excess sun and rain be harmful to it?
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by lexicot: 9:08am On Dec 21, 2015
Hello lordhugo,

My major challenge is security if i am to get a farm land for snail and veggie farming. Please how do i solve this because farmlands for sale are kind of out of the city. Because i will like to be close to the farmland. I presently reside in lagos but i am considering moving to ogun state for this. Which city is close to a farmland for sale and i guess i have to look for money to fence a part of the acre for snail..

Please i am very new to farming in general.
I am pasting this here so others can learn and also as per your instruction..
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by lordhugo(m): 5:02pm On Dec 21, 2015
desykay:
@Lordhugo, Thanks for the quality of info given so far on this thread
pls i want to know if i can use sawdust as soil for my snails as its difficult getting good sandy loamy for my snails whenever i want to change the soil(i make use of used tyres)

i assure you that getting 'good soil' for snails is pretty easy.

If it can grow crops, if it is not clayey, if it is free of stones....YOU CAN USE IT!
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by lordhugo(m): 5:08pm On Dec 21, 2015
lexicot:
Hello lordhugo,

My major challenge is security if i am to get a farm land for snail and veggie farming. Please how do i solve this because farmlands for sale are kind of out of the city. Because i will like to be close to the farmland. I presently reside in lagos but i am considering moving to ogun state for this. Which city is close to a farmland for sale and i guess i have to look for money to fence a part of the acre for snail..

Please i am very new to farming in general.
I am pasting this here so others can learn and also as per your instruction..

Security is a key area. These steps should mitigate theft...

1. Construction of Sandcrete blocks fencing (not 'inner pest perimeter fence') . Normal land fencing with access gate.
2. provision of housing for farmhand/s on site. (They won't just be staff, they are also security because they live in the farm).
3. Proper stock taking. (Even though you might not be 'correct', taking stock will deter staff from pilfering).

1 Like

Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by choiceagric26: 8:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
weldone to all those that has put their effort to this wall,thank you All,
please if anybidy have point of lay of Achatina Achatina should wholla me on 07066423300 or sms the same number. point of lay only please
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by SoEndowed(m): 10:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
I built my snail pens over 5 years ago but I have never put in a single snail.. but now come d raining season on 2016, I'm finally bold enough to leave my frustrating job to be a snail farmer. Sir, thanks so much as I shall be reaching u for mentorship & training.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by Johnnyessence(m): 11:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
@lordhugo pls how much is the wooden pen and where to get the small breed of snails sir .
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by yomyjoe(m): 8:05am On Jan 06, 2016
i like the decision that you want to take...its better to be your own boss, at your own time and you can do other business along side your snail farm...this Nigeria ehn

SoEndowed:
I built my snail pens over 5 years ago but I have never put in a single snail.. but now come d raining season on 2016, I'm finally bold enough to leave my frustrating job to be a snail farmer. Sir, thanks so much as I shall be reaching u for mentorship & training.

1 Like

Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by ciouxox(m): 11:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
I'm in Port harcourt and I need broodstock , please contact me if you have
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by midastouch: 11:29am On Jan 11, 2016
SoEndowed:

Lady Luck favours the bold. Wishing you a profitable and successful journey.
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by Juliana7: 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
@lordhugo, happy new year, we ve not heard from dis year. I hope all is well. We are earnestly waiting for d continuation/concluding part of ur lecture, we stopped at M, u promised to continue from N. Thanks. Ve a refreshing, blissful and prosperous 2016.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.