Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,717 members, 7,862,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:57 PM

7 Crucial Rules For Dating Your Friend's Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Crucial Rules For Dating Your Friend's Ex (353 Views)

Should I Date My Best Friend's Ex Boyfriend? / Help! I Am In Love With My Best Friend's Ex. / 7 Crucial Rules For Dating Your Friend's Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Crucial Rules For Dating Your Friend's Ex by frankwells(f): 8:19am On Oct 13, 2015
Lots of people have told me unequivocally that they would never date a friend's ex. They wholeheartedly believe that it's wrong, disrespectful, and if a friend did that to them, they'd never talk to that person again. They believe this is something everybody knows, that they're just following the rules.

What I've noticed, though, is that every person I've heard espouse this worldview was straight. This rule is almost never stated or enforced among queer communities. If you're gay, you will almost inevitably date a friend's ex at some point. Queer communities are often small and insular, and once you've found one, you tend to hold on to it for dear life. It's difficult to meet people you're romantically interested in beyond an already-defined circle, and outside of your city's queer scene, most people you run into are likely to be straight. Even if you meet someone to whom you think you have no previous connection, a 10-minute conversation almost always reveals that she went to high school with your college roommate, used to be on a volleyball team with that girl from your book club, and had a six-month stand with your favorite barista.
Continue:http://www.jagabanng.com/2015/10/7-crucial-rules-for-dating-your-friends.html

(1) (Reply)

Is Good To Always Delay Judgement....just Wanna Share / Discuss Your Sexual Hangups And Inhibitions Here / Adedotun The Ikoro: Pyranting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.