Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,163 members, 7,829,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES - Politics (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES (101500 Views)

Panic Grips Buhari’s Ministers / Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES / DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by themilanway(m): 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
One would have expected Ben Bruce to ask some questions to those nominees.

All he ever does is to profer solutions and way forward on"twitter".

Really disappointed

23 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by atoleybaba(m): 4:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
lastpage:

Well, Amaechi has been less outspoken and cantankerous .... unlike "Lair" Mohammed who has been a torn in the flesh of PDP.

This begs the questions: Why would they target Amaechi even more than Lai Mohammed?

*Is it because he is from the South -South?
*Is it because he is supposed to join the South-East "bandwagon" of hating the APC?
* Is it because he is supposed to be part of the "Jonathan-forever-train" but chose to pitch his tent with Buahri?
*is it because as someone from the "East" he was supposed to back Jonathan (herd mentality) but saw the light. backed Buhari/APC and therefore he was hated for this?

I am asking: What exactly is the terrible thing he has done, (compared to Lai Mohammed) that would make them lay in-wait for him and not want him to be conformed as a Minister?

I suspect that just like Lai Mohammed, he would be very funny and sail through, which will again conform to us here that all these "wanabe-analyst" like "Bad-canister", "Pa Chukwudi", e.t.c, .............know nothing about Politics and their #Wailings dont amount to anything in the real world.

Let us wait and see.

Lastpage!

BTW: I was expecting these Senators to ask questions like:
*If approved as Minister, would you loot your Portfolio funds?
*Would you divert Govt funds for personal use?
*have you ever been accused of malpractices before?
*Have you ever engaged in forgery of Certificates or other academic documents?
*Would you work conscientiously and completely for the development of all areas of Nigeria?
*Are you a detribalized person?
*Would you always stand for the truth, irrespective of what your party thinks?
*What has been your contribution to national development in the last Public or Private office you have held (past records)
e.t.c.... RELEVANT QUESTIONS..... not all these long story and banters they are sharing
and u will bee expecting negative answer from them? A thief won't tell u he will steal if u ask if he will steal
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by unitysheart(m): 4:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
No mind them. They leave your CV and look only at your political history and then tag you as a dumbass. Naigerians are too lazy and myopic. They are bandwagons mostly. Anywhere belle face.
dabossman:

I tried correcting someone on this "technocrats" issue here on NL and his was just raining down insults. Many haven't even bothered to find out the definition of "technocrat". Being a politician doesn't mean you don't have your area of technical expertise.

8 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by QuotaSystem: 4:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
tobex23:

Lol. From Anambra precisely. :p

Don't mind the pained soul, he can't deal with the fact that such beauty and brains emanated from the North.

9 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by subnormal: 4:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
byrron:

She just gave them a free lecture on what governance is all about.

Exactly

4 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
Uniqueness01:

That will be okay.

That woman should serve as the coordinating Minister apart from any other ministerial portfolio assigned to her

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
unitysheart:
There's nothing to oserious about this screening as has been hyped before now. Naija and overhyping sef.
that is naija for u,that is why is good to be non partisan here on nairaland,

3 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by tolexy007(m): 4:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
lastpage:

Well, Amaechi has been less outspoken and cantankerous .... unlike "Lair" Mohammed who has been a torn in the flesh of PDP.

This begs the questions: Why would they target Amaechi even more than Lai Mohammed?

*Is it because he is from the South -South?
*Is it because he is supposed to join the South-East "bandwagon" of hating the APC?
* Is it because he is supposed to be part of the "Jonathan-forever-train" but chose to pitch his tent with Buahri?
*is it because as someone from the "East" he was supposed to back Jonathan (herd mentality) but saw the light. backed Buhari/APC and therefore he was hated for this?

I am asking: What exactly is the terrible thing he has done, (compared to Lai Mohammed) that would make them lay in-wait for him and not want him to be conformed as a Minister?

I suspect that just like Lai Mohammed, he would be very funny and sail through, which will again conform to us here that all these "wanabe-analyst" like "Bad-canister", "Pa Chukwudi", e.t.c, .............know nothing about Politics and their #Wailings dont amount to anything in the real world.

Let us wait and see.

Lastpage!

BTW: I was expecting these Senators to ask questions like:
*If approved as Minister, would you loot your Portfolio funds?
*Would you divert Govt funds for personal use?
*have you ever been accused of malpractices before?
*Have you ever engaged in forgery of Certificates or other academic documents?
*Would you work conscientiously and completely for the development of all areas of Nigeria?
*Are you a detribalized person?
*Would you always stand for the truth, irrespective of what your party thinks?
*What has been your contribution to national development in the last Public or Private office you have held (past records)
e.t.c.... RELEVANT QUESTIONS..... not all these long story and banters they are sharing

Lai has always being an opposition from the time memorial,so pdp have no issue with him, but compare to Amechi who pdp see as a traitor, a man that contribute to the fallen of pdp, and you think dey will just let him go like that?

4 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by atoleybaba(m): 4:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
U are all loving up and e-dating Amina now if after 4years she is accused of mismanagement and corruption u will fear disowning o

4 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
themilanway:

Really disappointed

Don't mind him, but he wanted to pull Aminat's hand off. Na woman be im problem grin
After God, fear woman my brother.

That Senator that's round like buns in the front_ didn't even know when he gave her thumbs up.

6 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by BALLOSKI: 4:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
Oklander:
This Naija senate and senators, smh, they stand up whenever they want to talk, can someone then tell me what's the use of the speakers on their table?
that's a sign of respect for the Senate as an independent institution.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by lastpage: 4:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
NobleBeer:
Somebody should ask this woman if she can speak any Nigerian language. Her Oyibo too much.

I would have expected one of the Senators to ask her: MAdam Nominee, you want to become a Senator of the Fed Replic of Nigeria and you have told us a lot of things here, PLEASE SPEAK JUST ONE NIGERIAN LANGUAGE FOR THIS HOUSE TO HEAR YOU COHERENTLY... and we will move the motion for you to take a bow and go!

I tell you, that may finish her completely
(though l dont wish her not to be approved o!)

But our Senators are just there with wide mouth open, listening to "Queens Grammar"! grin grin grin grin

Intelligent woman though.

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Lexusgs430: 4:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
byrron:

she should also double as the senior prefect for all the ministers grin grin grin grin grin grin

She made so much sense

All Senators and Ministers, hopefully they would understand what she speaks !!!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by atoleybaba(m): 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
lastpage:

I would have expected one of the Senators to ask her: MAdam Nominee, you want to become a Senator of the Fed Replic of Nigeria and you have told us a lot of things here, PLEASE SPEAK JUST ONE NIGERIAN LANGUAGE FOR THIS HOUSE TO HEAR YOU COHERENTLY... and we will move the motion for you to take a bow and go!

I tell you, that may finish her completely
(though l dont wish her not to be approved o!)

But our Senators are just there with wide mouth open, listening to "Queens Grammar"! grin grin grin grin

Intelligent woman though.

Lastpage!
she fit na bust ur head and speak efik grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by lato2(m): 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
tolexy007:

Lai has always being an opposition from the time memorial,so pdp have no issue with him, but compare to Amechi who pdp see as a traitor, a man that contribute to the fallen of pdp, and you think dey will just let him go like that?

See English....hmmm
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Lexusgs430: 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
tolexy007:

lols......dont be deceived bro, she is mine already tongue

We are already celebrating her nomination !!!!
You talk,while I Action ( Like Raji aka action governor)
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 13, 2015
Pdp cannot make a good opposition party,lia mohammed playfully told them,if all the gang up is about ameachi,it is a fruitless agenda for them,amechi has used court proceeding to shove them off,

8 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by lastpage: 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
tolexy007:

Thanks for being very candid!

But is changing to another party a sign of being a TRAITOR?
If that were to be the case, then 99% of our Senators and those Ministers can be considered as Traitors!

What if he had decamped like others, from APC .. tp PDP .... will they still consider him as a Traitor?
or is it like America: If you are on our side = Moderate terrorist Opposition , if not = Bad terrorist

But like Russia said: if it looks like a Terrorist, Walks, Speaks like a Terrorist, fights like a Terrorist, THEN IT IS A TERRORIST! grin grin grin

I think most people on Nairaland are just full of tribalism and too sentimental!

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by drberry(m): 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
themilanway:

Really disappointed

That's a confirmation that they've all been programmed on what and what not to say during the screening. That's why the opposition in the house can't even ask necessary questions.
#FoodForThought: What do you think the closed session they had initially was meant for?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Uniqueness01(f): 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
byrron:

That woman should serve as the coordinating Minister apart from any other ministerial portfolio assigned to her
I agree.. that woman is good.

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Oklander: 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
BALLOSKI:
that's a sign of respect for the Senate as an independent institution.
What then are the use of the speakers?
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Don't mind him, but he wanted to pull Aminat's hand off. Na woman be im problem grin
After God, fear woman my brother.

That Senator that's round like buns in the front_ didn't even know when he gave her thumbs up.
Ben Bruce didn't ask a single question? Unbelievable

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by jaggzy: 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
Thief t.a orji is talking smh

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by adioolayi(m): 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
themilanway:

Really disappointed
Sen. Ben Bruce...all talk ..No action...Only to shake nominees as they take their leave.
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
A senator is calling a ministerial nominee "Mr Nominee" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So the Minister to be does not have a name?

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
bn

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by lastpage: 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
atoleybaba:
she fit na bust ur head and speak efik grin

You could be right but until hear her speak just one Nigerian Language, l ma think she be "Onyebeeke"!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by atoleybaba(m): 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
."...so that our people will not be dying in a collapsing building?"
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by BCISLTD: 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
Somehow I feel the sign language guy behind her is not following up or translating correctly angry

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
Oklander:
What then are the use of the speakers?
Even in the US, members of Congress always stand when addressing other members on the floor.
Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
Chai, even T.A Orji is also a senator in Nigeria? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES by ElFenomeno1: 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
byrron:

Can you pls answer the questions and for your information, i am not usually this civil so be guided.

STILL WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSES TO MY QUESTIONS WHICH WERE EXACTLY YOUR QUESTIONS AND I DID ANSWERED YOU WITHOUT PREVARICATING.

get lost and stop clogging up the forum!

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Behead Kidnapped Anambra Lawmaker, Okechukwu Okoye (Graphic) / Buhari Extends His Sick Leave by Unspecified Number of Days / Meet Jide Sanwo-Olu: Biography, Governorship APC Lagos State Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.