Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,740 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Discussing Your Past: How Has It Help Or Marred Your Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Discussing Your Past: How Has It Help Or Marred Your Relationship (602 Views)

5 Things That Are Hurting Your Partner And Killing Your Relationship. / What Is The Thing You Regret The Most From Your Past Relationships? / When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discussing Your Past: How Has It Help Or Marred Your Relationship by adepiero: 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hello Romance landers,

Just need to get your candid opinion on this topic.

In what way has discussing your past relationship helped or marred your new relationship?

As for me, every time I talk about my past, I get this feeling of painting a bad picture of myself (sayin that I've dated many girls) even though am full of good intention. And when a girl tells me about her past, I get the feeling of uncertainty about her as well and I can say this has ended about 50% of my entire relationships.

Drop your comments below.

NB:- Space bookers and childish opinions are also welcomed
Re: Discussing Your Past: How Has It Help Or Marred Your Relationship by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
Discuss 'em all.

Lay out all your dirty laundry, skanky undies and skeletons. Hold out them cards, let's see whatcha dealing with.

It can only do you good to start that relationship on a clean, open and honest slate --so to speak.

If you can't deal with what the past was, then get to stepping. Better early than later on when you do find out.

The past is the past. Give the person chance to earn your trust first before using the past against him/her.

3 Likes

Re: Discussing Your Past: How Has It Help Or Marred Your Relationship by ReabridCharles(m): 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
It depends on the person you're dating. Is the person mature enough to accommodate your past?
As for me, talking about my past with my girl has really brought us closer. She also told me about hers. We are mature enough to respect boundaries and shut those thoughts that trigger the negative thoughts. All dis is possible because she's not just my girlfriend, she's my friend.

But me Ex ready to feel jealous, make face for you self if she find out say you bang the girl you bn de date. She go ask you weda she and my ex who de bang well pass. I always don't answer...
Re: Discussing Your Past: How Has It Help Or Marred Your Relationship by adepiero: 6:13pm On Oct 13, 2015
My gf sees me as a womanizer and she "polices" me just because girls enjoy my company and the gifts i get from them. its all because I told her my past and the number of girls I've dated.

Though I think its childish but then again I feel she is trying to protect what is hers

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi’s Daughter Is Getting Married! Check Out Her Pre-wedding Photos / College Girl 1st Year And Final Year-very Funny / Join Me On My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.