Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

8 Signs You Are In A Fake Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Signs You Are In A Fake Relationship (1982 Views)

Facts About Fake Relationship....ladies Beware Of The Desperate One! / 8 Signs You Are In A Fake Relationship -must Read / 30 Signs Of A Fake Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Signs You Are In A Fake Relationship by Donmichaelz(m): 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2015
1. The communication sucks
Good communication is a requisite for a healthy relationship, if you are in a relationship where you two barely communicate, you can’t recall the last time you had a heart to heart with your partner, you just text each other every once in a while, it’s just on and off, you are unaware of what’s going on in the other person’s life and it generally feels like you don’t know the other person then you’re not really in a relationship. You have formed a real bond only when you feel connectedwith your partner; emotionally, physically and mentally.

2. Too much PDA
This might come as a surprise, you two are practically nibbling on each other, isn’t that a good thing? No, it isn’t. This is indicative of over-compensatory and ostentatious behaviour. You are trying to put on a show, a make-believe. It’s a way of maintaining the illusion that you guys have created, to lie to yourself and the others around you. You might be in a fake relationship and still manage to hear things like; ‘What a perfect couple you guys are’, ‘You make us want to have a relationship’ etc. If you guys are not this crazy about each other in private but can’t keep your hands off each other as soon as you have company, then you have a few questions to ask.

3. There are no remarkable moments
The relationship just feels ‘normal’, nothing special. You guys don’t have any exceptional memories together, there are no extra ordinary feelings attached to the time you guys spend together. This shouldn’t be the case, love is an exceptional feeling and if it feels anything less than amazing, you’re not really in love.

4. There is a lot of confusion
Initially, we all are a little hazy, not sure what to feel or if it’s okay to feel this way, unsure of your partner’s feelings, spending hours contemplating he loves me, he loves me not; but after you have spent notable time with your partner and you can’t really give substance to how you feel or if your partner truly loves you and you are not trying to do anything about this disarray of feelings and continue to profess love then this is a classic sign of a fake relationship.

5. Serious discussions are off limits
This is an extension of bad communication, a couple has silly conversations as well as serious discussions. You are wrong to think that a perfect relationship is one with no arguments and heated discussions, a happy couple talks about things that matter and it does not affect their love for each other. If you guys avoid having consequential conversations, talk about superficial things like the weather, then your relationship is too good to be true. If you really care about things, then there is no way you can go without arguments every now and then.

6. There is a power struggle
Letting go of your egos is essential for a sustainable relationship. You are in a relationship where someone always has to be right, it doesn’t matter how it affects your relationship, all that matters is being right! This means that there is a lack of love in the relationship, because when you are in love you are more flexible, more concerned about your partner’s feelings, being right doesn’t always matter.

7. There is sexual chemistry….. ONLY
You guys are too hot for each other in the bed, but when it comes to talking and communication you guys are clueless or just not interested. The only way you guys feel in sync is by means of physical contact, this simply means you are in a carnal relationship, once the infatuation dies, so will the relationship. This is a very common, characteristic sign of a relationship being timely.

8. You don’t know each other’s family and friends
A person who is serious about you, wants to make you a part of his life, will always introduce you to his friends and family. If it’s been a while and you still haven’t met each other’s family and it doesn’t seem to bother one or both of you, this means the person doesn’t want to get ‘too involved’ and has set limits to how far the relationship

http://www.sundayidika.com/?p=129&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Postcron.com

2 Likes

Re: 8 Signs You Are In A Fake Relationship by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2015
Fake relationship with a fake/wrong partner#
Re: 8 Signs You Are In A Fake Relationship by Highcuerayte: 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2015
A perfect simulacrum of unrealistic bullshit
Re: 8 Signs You Are In A Fake Relationship by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 15, 2015
There are no such things as fake or real relationships.
If you say a relationship is fake just because both partners are not compatible with each other, and because there is emotional friction between both partners, then it means any relationship devoid of such flaws is a real relationship?
Re: 8 Signs You Are In A Fake Relationship by Donmichaelz(m): 3:42pm On Oct 15, 2015
I use to have a girlfriend, and all that we talk most of the times is about military, she likes military guys so much and my dad was once in d military. She keeps telling me how she would love to marry a military man,and these was like almost in all our conversation, the point is ,I like her but I also know d reason she is so close to me was when I told her I had a military dad and went to a military secondary school.,such relationship are fake because in order for me to make her happy I had to talk mostly about how I also would join d military....
Re: 8 Signs You Are In A Fake Relationship by Donmichaelz(m): 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
Darven:
There are no such things as fake or real relationships.

Let me explain. If you say a relationship is fake just because both partners are not compatible with each other, and because there is emotional friction between both partners, then it means any relationship devoid of such flaws is a real relationship?

Now let me ask you, is there any perfect relationship? Is any relationship devoid of certain flaws and downsides?

If no, then your usage of those terms as regards the subject of Relationships, is totally wrong.
a relationship is said to be fake if all u do is play d good guys always so u wouldn't hurt each other,a relationship where u are scared to tell ur Girlfriend u are broke due to the kind of lies u have told her about ur background is a fake relationship, a relationship where u had to act your best to get the best from our partner is a fake relationship... Too bad most of the common relationship are fake
Re: 8 Signs You Are In A Fake Relationship by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2015
There is no sex
Re: 8 Signs You Are In A Fake Relationship by excellentwork: 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2015
Nice Word

Get your Electric Lunch Box And Toothpaste Dispenser here, visit signature below
Re: 8 Signs You Are In A Fake Relationship by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 15, 2015
Dts d type of relatnshp I want..no commitment until afta graduating

(1) (Reply)

/ OOPS! Man Exposes Photos Of A Married Woman He Had Fun With (PHOTOS) / Freinds Are Cursing Me Out 4 Spendin On My Bae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.