Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,196 members, 7,835,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Tips To Let Go – An Ex Is Called An ‘EX’ For A Reason - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tips To Let Go – An Ex Is Called An ‘EX’ For A Reason (973 Views)

"You Cheated On Me Multiple Times"- New Jersey Lady Slams Her Ex For Shading Her / HELP : My Ex Is Now My Boss / How To Permanently Stop Masturbation (lessons From An Ex-chronic Masturbator) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To Let Go – An Ex Is Called An ‘EX’ For A Reason by Esthersblog(f): 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2015
When a lady breaks up with a guy especially when the relationship meant something, there is a 95 percent chance that when both parties meet often, old feelings might resurface.

Some exes can be so inconsiderate, after giving you the space to heal and move on. They come back by sending messages to know how you are doing and before you know it, you start communicating frequently not because they want the relationship back. Some of them just do it for selfish reasons.

Sometimes, you might be cool with it from the beginning thinking you have moved on, just to prove you have no hard feelings, but my dear, you can never be so sure. Definitely, as time goes on, you might talk about the past, and maybe that would be the time you discuss properly why the relationship ended, how sorry he was, how he was so much in love with you, bla bla bla, and before you know it, the feelings starts coming back.

I really do strongly advice against frequent communications with exes, especially when you had a deep connection with them. It is very difficult to just be friends with someone you have dated and was in love with without thinking about the good times you both shared. The truth is, if he can break up with you in the first place, he will surely do it again at any given opportunity.

You current partner might tell you, it’s okay to be friends with your ex. It is always never okay. Do not jeopardize your current relationship for a chance to be friends with an ex. The funny part is when an ex knows that you are in a happy relationship (some of them though), that is when they want you back and try every possible means just to have you back.

Some of the exes just wants to use you as a tool whenever they like because they know your weak points. But my dear, shine your eyes… Do not be used!!!

Here are some tips that can help you deal with the EX;

Completely cut off every form of contact with him – No texting, emails, phone calls, visits, skype calls,… If possible block him. Some exes can be so stubborn, when they notice they cannot reach you, the hide their numbers to call, we are in the 21st century, block all private numbers from your phone. Communication with exes can create false hopes of coming back together.

You have started doing fine and also maybe in a happy relationship. Ask yourself, what more does he have to offer, what can he do that will make my life better? Am I need of a friend that was once an ex? If there are no reasonable and rational answers to that, cut him off in a polite way.

Stay off your ex social media accounts, especially his Facebook account. Your ex is not your friend after a breakup. Always remind yourself that whatever you have shared with him is in the past and will continue to remain there.

According to Steve Maraboli, “Unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”

Feel free to add more tips and suggestions....

www.esther.com.ng
Re: Tips To Let Go – An Ex Is Called An ‘EX’ For A Reason by LifeIsGuhd(f): 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2015
It's so hard angry angry

1 Like

Re: Tips To Let Go – An Ex Is Called An ‘EX’ For A Reason by GP2015(m): 5:04pm On Oct 15, 2015
That's why I hate relationships
Re: Tips To Let Go – An Ex Is Called An ‘EX’ For A Reason by Slimzjoe(m): 5:12pm On Oct 15, 2015
angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Let Go – An Ex Is Called An ‘EX’ For A Reason by ekjerez(m): 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2015
human beings are always complicated

1 Like

Re: Tips To Let Go – An Ex Is Called An ‘EX’ For A Reason by Esthersblog(f): 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2015
Yeah, it is.
LifeIsGuhd:
It's so hard angry angry
Re: Tips To Let Go – An Ex Is Called An ‘EX’ For A Reason by NigAmbassador: 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
Tough choice to either hang or fly

1 Like

Re: Tips To Let Go – An Ex Is Called An ‘EX’ For A Reason by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
I forgot him under 2 weeks angry.

He destroyed d beautiful relationship we had because of pride,foolishness and selfishness.

Life goes on o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Let Go – An Ex Is Called An ‘EX’ For A Reason by Esthersblog(f): 10:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
Yeah.
LifeIsGuhd:
It's so hard angry angry
Re: Tips To Let Go – An Ex Is Called An ‘EX’ For A Reason by Esthersblog(f): 10:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
Lol.
GP2015:
That's why I hate relationships
Re: Tips To Let Go – An Ex Is Called An ‘EX’ For A Reason by Esthersblog(f): 10:01am On Dec 13, 2015
Kudos! It takes some ladies more than a year to get over their partners. Like you said, Life goes on...
Snowangel4:
I forgot him under 2 weeks angry.

He destroyed d beautiful relationship we had because of pride,foolishness and selfishness.

Life goes on o cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Hypocrisy!!!! / 8 Types Of Betrayals That Are Worse Than Having An Affair / Can You Marry A Girl/guy You Met On The Internet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.