Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,737 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone (1077 Views)

You Have Been Doing Press Ups Wrongly The Whole Time (photos) / "I Regret Wasting My University Being A Virgin, Each Time I've Orgasm" - Lady / What I've Learnt Abt Gals Who Claim They Love Big Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 15, 2015
I read.
Magazines and comics alike, romantic novels and crime thrillers. I also read motivational books and I finally finished those pile of books I never got round to while you were still around. I read for the information, for the love of reading. For the sake of doing something.
I go on dates.
I dress up nice and manage a smile. Make small talk and always succeed in keeping them interested. I let them kiss me even though their lips never fit mine right like yours did. Then I walk away because I could make them stay but couldn't make you do the same.
I hang out.
With my girlfriends. And laugh at all their jokes and happy stories. They'll always talk about men. They no longer talk about you. When you were still here, I'd join in their conversations too. Chattering away nonstop about how perfect you are and how much I love you. We'll talk about food, men, clothes, men, work, men, parties.......and oh! have I mentioned MEN?
I cry.
I stay up late in front of the TV and curl up in the couch, crying. I cry myself to sleep and let quiet tears roll down when I wake up in the morning. I cry so much tears that I never thought my body could hold so much of a volume. I steal minutes while at work to go to the restroom and shed a tear or two. I cry and scream my lungs out if it's raining cause then, no one would hear me.
I learn new things.
I learnt how to play the keyboard. I remember how you told me to always pursue my dreams. You always said to get ready, set and go! I learnt how to prepare foreign and local dishes. I learn how to fix my own things, how to live without you.
I moved cities.
Because where I was held too much memories of you. And I. Together, being so happy, so contented. Everything just seemed to remind me of you. Is that fair? Does everything remind you of me?
I did that ritual.
I've watched it over a hundred times on TV, and I know it's not our culture but I still did it anyway. I stayed only long enough before the smoke started getting to me and I ran inside to search for my inhaler. My inhaler reminded me of you, of how much you bothered about my health. I burnt my inhaler too.
I live.
Though my routine has changed slightly. And I've changed slightly. But I just live. It's not much of a life again anyway, but I know somewhere out there, you're living too. So I just got to do the same.

2 Likes

Re: Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone by Tallesty1(m): 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2015
undecidedangry
Re: Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2015
cry
Re: Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone by Cutehector(m): 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2015
Mcheeeew..... Why will u cry cux of ordinary heartbreak... Shetigbo
Re: Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2015
Wow!!! Can't remember when last I invoked such emotions in a girl... Don't worry lass,you'd get over him someday. My exes are proof to that.
Re: Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone by musafat(f): 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2015
cry Same here my dear, its nt easy to let go
Re: Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone by Swissheart(f): 10:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
Dont worry.....you'll survive without him.

1 Like

Re: Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone by Cope1(m): 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2015
It is well
Re: Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone by nawtibownie: 10:58pm On Oct 15, 2015
Time heals. Make yourself happy and stop brooding.
Re: Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone by frankcris(m): 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
JustTara:
I read.
Magazines and comics alike, romantic novels and crime thrillers. I also read motivational books and I finally finished those pile of books I never got round to while you were still around. I read for the information, for the love of reading. For the sake of doing something.
I go on dates.
I dress up nice and manage a smile. Make small talk and always succeed in keeping them interested. I let them kiss me even though their lips never fit mine right like yours did. Then I walk away because I could make them stay but couldn't make you do the same.
I hang out.
With my girlfriends. And laugh at all their jokes and happy stories. They'll always talk about men. They no longer talk about you. When you were still here, I'd join in their conversations too. Chattering away nonstop about how perfect you are and how much I love you. We'll talk about food, men, clothes, men, work, men, parties.......and oh! have I mentioned MEN?
I cry.
I stay up late in front of the TV and curl up in the couch, crying. I cry myself to sleep and let quiet tears roll down when I wake up in the morning. I cry so much tears that I never thought my body could hold so much of a volume. I steal minutes while at work to go to the restroom and shed a tear or two. I cry and scream my lungs out if it's raining cause then, no one would hear me.
I learn new things.
I learnt how to play the keyboard. I remember how you told me to always pursue my dreams. You always said to get ready, set and go! I learnt how to prepare foreign and local dishes. I learn how to fix my own things, how to live without you.
I moved cities.
Because where I was held too much memories of you. And I. Together, being so happy, so contented. Everything just seemed to remind me of you. Is that fair? Does everything remind you of me?
I did that ritual.
I've watched it over a hundred times on TV, and I know it's not our culture but I still did it anyway. I stayed only long enough before the smoke started getting to me and I ran inside to search for my inhaler. My inhaler reminded me of you, of how much you bothered about my health. I burnt my inhaler too.
I live.
Though my routine has changed slightly. And I've changed slightly. But I just live. It's not much of a life again anyway, but I know somewhere out there, you're living too. So I just got to do the same.

this is one messed up chic...jeez, who did that?
Re: Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone by younghartz(m): 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
I cried today… not because I miss you… or even wanted you… but because I realized I’m gonna be all right without you.

embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone by IamLEGEND1: 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: Here's What I've Been Doing Since You've Been Gone by wasak(m): 4:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
musafat:
cry Same here my dear, its nt easy to let go
Hy, sent u a mail. Kindly check ur inbox

(1) (Reply)

PLS Don’t Open It, If You Are Not Up To 18yrs Old! Our Actresses And Actors Doin / 11 Hilarious Ways To Break Up With Your Boyfriend/girlfriend / Why Are You Currently Cheating On Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.