Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? (11601 Views)

Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / White Girl Sees Nigerian Fried Plantain For The First Time And Reacts / How Do You Like Your Bread And Tea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 2:52am On Apr 29, 2009
You're lucky it's only below the belt, not your crotch.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:54am On Apr 29, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

You're lucky it's only below the belt, not your crotch.

Knowing you, you'd properly go for the crotch cry
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 2:57am On Apr 29, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Knowing you, you'd properly go for the crotch cry
LOL, you [i]do [/i]know me.

Cute.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by TOYOSI20(f): 3:49am On Apr 29, 2009
And here goes ma fav. food. , . if it ain't dodo, it isn't the same thing as dodo!! shocked shocked grin grin

I like the real ripe and soft ones oo. . . .sometimes i even have a lil' tummy ache afterwards, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed but i tell ya its worth it!!

And i eat it plain or with fried stew!!! kiss kiss
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 4:26am On Apr 29, 2009
TOYOSI20:

And here goes ma fav. food. , . if it ain't dodo, it isn't the same thing as dodo!! shocked shocked grin grin

I like the real ripe and soft ones oo. . . .sometimes i even have a lil' tummy ache afterwards, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed but i tell ya its worth it!!

And i eat it plain or with fried stew!!! kiss kiss
Abi o. . . .love them ripe and soft.

Best with cold garri cheesy cheesy or hot ogi
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Badriyyah(f): 8:33am On Apr 29, 2009
Ah, I'm hungry now, haven't eaten dodo for a long time .lol

I love the ripe and soft ones <3<3<3.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by AmakaOne(f): 9:10am On Apr 29, 2009
I think the softness of the plantain deternines how well it comes out if cut in different shapes.

The riper the plantain, the bigger the pieces have to be so that it doesn't absorb too much oil.

Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by TOYOSI20(f): 11:01am On Apr 29, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Abi o. . . .love them ripe and soft.

Best with cold garri cheesy cheesy or hot ogi

Wid hot ogi ke?? shocked shocked shocked, imma have to try that one oo. . , grin grin grin

Uhhmmmm. . . . . .those pics are making ma tummy growl. . . .like soooooooooo bad!!!

Well i like the huge, long and thick ones sha!! shocked grin grin grin tongue
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by spikedcylinder: 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2009
Over ripe plantain? Ewww! embarassed
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:52pm On Apr 29, 2009
The 1st and last pics in Amakone's post are the best ones.

That 2nd one is nasty
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by mohawkchic(f): 4:06pm On Apr 29, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

That 2nd one is nasty

~You can say that again! So People fry the whole Plantain? shocked I've never seen it done like that!
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Pepeye(f): 4:43pm On Apr 29, 2009
not too ripe
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 1:46am On Apr 30, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

That 2nd one is nasty
I kinda agree with you there.

Not [i]that [/i]ripe abeg
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by yicob(m): 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2009
Me prefer the first dodo dish pix posted by amakaone. Ripe 'n' handy. Funny me, i love fryin with palm oil.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by lalaboi(m): 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2009
yicob:

Me prefer the first dodo dish pix posted by amakaone. Ripe 'n' handy. Funny me, i love fryin with palm oil.

tried that once. . . .didnt look good. . . . lol . . . .weirdo
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by touchmeder: 2:33pm On Apr 30, 2009
the 2nd oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(the one in the middle). plantain and fried eggsssss. now i am hungry.

Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by minute(f): 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2009
The bright yellow one with a hint of green. undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by AmakaOne(f): 2:57pm On Apr 30, 2009
The totally green ones are better cooked and made into fufu.

The yellow one, not too ripe is better for frying.

Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by kayc33(m): 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2009
just in between, not too ripe n not too green undecided
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Mashkov: 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2009
@Toyinrayo,

You have just made yourself an enemy in me. How can you raise a topic like this causing so much mouthwatering for me especially when one is in  the office and feeling so hungry. I wish I can smack you for doing this.

Anyway, I love mine real soft and fried brown like the one in one of them plate.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Outstrip(f): 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2009
I like mine very ripe and I like it fried until very golden brown. I never understand how people say they have fried plantain and it is the same color it was before it entered the fryer
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by AmakaOne(f): 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2009
Outstrip:

I like mine very ripe and I like it fried until very golden brown. I never understand how people say they have fried plantain and it is the same color it was before it entered the fryer

Then you must like yours like this?
Goes very well with extra peppery Asaro

Yummy

Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Outstrip(f): 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2009
Gbam. That is how I like it. I am hungry o
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by lalaboi(m): 4:10pm On Apr 30, 2009
this is E-torchure. . . . .
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by maxtop(m): 4:11pm On Apr 30, 2009
finemocha:

the riper the better

it like it wen its ripe, yummie
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by lafile(m): 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2009
Extra Ripe. almost rotten. soft and sticking together. eat it with rice or beans. thats the closet anyone can get to heaven here on earth.

1 Like

Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by spikedcylinder: 5:16pm On Apr 30, 2009
AMAKAONE:

Then you must like yours like this?
Goes very well with extra peppery Asaro

Yummy

Plantain and porridge was my staple food when I was in school. I always had porridge in my freezer then when I was ready to eat, I'd just fry my plantain, warm my porridge and the rest is history.
Memories. . . . cheesy
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by ExInferis(m): 5:25pm On Apr 30, 2009
some people just dont have anything to do. i always say that seun should start charging 10 naira per post, perhaps then people would post only meaningful stuff. like:

how do you like the air you breathe

should the sky be less bluer

if grass isnt green, what color should it be

water is tasteless; true or false

my sh1t is brown, what color is yours

do you like yourself? if not, why?
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by AmakaOne(f): 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2009
Ex Inferis:

some people just dont have anything to do. i always say that seun should start charging 10 naira per post, perhaps then people would post only meaningful stuff. like:

and your point sir is, ?
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by spikedcylinder: 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2009
Ex Inferis:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-265968.0.html#msg3805046

For you sir. cheesy cheesy
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 30, 2009
I love to eat Fried Plantain with Fried Egg! Nice one!  cool

Besides this DODO here are tempting. I wish I can extract them and EaT!! grin
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Epi: 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2009
u r funny. LOL grin grin grin
Ex Inferis:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

About Yam . . . / How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? / Yogurt Fans Come On In!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.