Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? (11599 Views)

Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / White Girl Sees Nigerian Fried Plantain For The First Time And Reacts / How Do You Like Your Bread And Tea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by bubblegum(f): 9:30am On May 05, 2009
Medium riped plantain is d best. i like it!!!
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by AmakaOne(f): 9:43am On May 05, 2009
Ex Inferis:

my point, ma'am, is this entire thread is pointless and has no justification for its existence. of all the serious stuff you can ponder on, it has to be fried plantain? this topic has neither entertainment nor educational merits and adds no value to nairaland.

you might as well talk about the stuff i posted earlier.

and it seems all that fried oily plantain has deadened your sense of sarcasm.

Noted,

But if you had , erudite as you are, read the blurb regarding the forum before voicing your complaint perhaps you would not have found it necessary to do so?

Delicious foods and how to prepare them. Anything about food or drink goes here. This is the Nairaland kitchen!

You may not think fried plantain is a delicicious food, nor would you like to know which type of plantain is best for frying, cooking as fufu or pottage etc, but judging from the responses you may well be in the minority?
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by MrCrackles(m): 9:41am On May 09, 2009
I like mine rotten ripe! grin
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by yme1(f): 3:26pm On May 09, 2009
ripe but not over-ripe
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by nivea: 8:54pm On May 09, 2009
I prefer the middle one for booli and epa(roast plantain and nuts).
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by mohawkchic(f): 7:30pm On Jul 12, 2009
~Had me some Plantains earlier today. .much i love plantains,i hate when the aroma hungs in the air after you've fried it!
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by spikedcylinder: 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2009
Spray air freshner. tongue
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by mohawkchic(f): 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2009
~ grin I do,if it got rid of the smell i wudnt moan about it. . .okay maybe i still wud cheesy Freshner only masks the smell for a wee bit. .Leaving the windows open for an hr does rid it tho!!

~Its just not an easy smell to get rid off on clothes,hair even w/ an apron on angry for a food that doent take that long frying you wudnt expect the smell to hang around that long. . .i suppose i sniff the smell out more that the average plantain lover cheesy

Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by spikedcylinder: 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2009
Spray your nose with air freshner. grin tongue
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by mohawkchic(f): 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2009
~ shocked Now why did't i think of that! tongue
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by spikedcylinder: 10:24am On Jul 16, 2009
tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Fhemmmy: 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2009
I love it ripe and not crunchy
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by mafolayomi(f): 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2009
and as for me, all join, in as much as its plantain. i eat any type
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2009
ripe and soft, not ripe and hard. 

Yellow with a hint of black.

green ones for plaintain chips.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Fhemmmy: 8:31pm On Jul 30, 2009
I remember my mom cooking beans with the over-riped ones.
Damn, i miss mama food jare
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by ceasyc(f): 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2009
not too ripe
medium ripe i guess
love dodo so much!
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2009
Rotten i.e the one that is almost black tongue
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by mamagee6(f): 11:25pm On Oct 11, 2009
Ripe but not very soft. tongue
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by KennyG6(m): 9:21am On Oct 12, 2009
overripe so that its so ssssssssssssso soft when fried
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Fhemmmy: 10:52am On Oct 12, 2009
Kenny_G:

overripe so that its so ssssssssssssso soft when fried

constipation
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by tpia5: 12:57am On Aug 21, 2013
bump
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 2:40am On Aug 21, 2013
bubblegum: Medium riped plantain is d best. i like it!!!

True.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by thweraja10: 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
Plantain Chips, Sweet - Snack on this crunchy favorite

Have you ever met a Nigerian who didn't love plantain chips? It's our favorite snack and most Nigerians agree.

for Nigerians looking for Plantain Chips, Sweet in the US, you can get your ingredients here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/plantation-chips-sweet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

About Yam . . . / How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? / What Did You Eat Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.