Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (324045 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by JECU: 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
Dear VO

I am married but my passport bears my maiden name and i also want to use my maiden name to fill my visa application form online. My question is this,will that in anyway affect my chances of given a visa(visiting for 1month)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hello VO, I have gone through the US Embassy website, and it seems that the only option a prospective immigrant have is to either have a spouse, a fiance(e) or à close family member like a parent, sister or brother, or a company/business who can file for him/her, now my question is what if one does not have any of these? Rather you have cousins, nieces, nephews, friends etc, what option does such a person has who is sincerely willing to migrate to the United States. Thanks in anticipation for your kind and sincere answer.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Eddysparko: 10:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
Good evening VO

Please I will like to know if Nigeria traditional wedding is consider legal for immigration purpose

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kennycanny: 7:56am On Mar 16, 2016
Dear VO,
pls advice on how best to handle this matter.

An American citizen will like to adopt a child(13 yrs) whose mother died shortly after childbirth , and since has been leaving with her grandmother and unfortunately the grandmother ( blood sister) to the American citizen passed on late last year. And since the child as nott be enjoying best of care.

Note. The dad never married the child's mother because they were both in the secondary school when the pregnancy occur.

The dad just finish university and yet to secure a job or be able to take care of his own child and willing to release the child to his aunt ( us citizen ) for custody or adoption.

How can they handle it without breaking any law.

A detail response will be highly appreciated.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stevlus: 7:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
Dear VO,

I am a male Nigerian living and working in Nigeria and my fiancé is also a Nigerian but relocated to the US about 4 Years ago when her father who is an American Citizen filed for her.

I have now decided to relocate to meet her in the US, we are not married yet but she visits me regularly within the last 4 years in Nigeria (at least twice a year).

Do we have to wait for her to become a US citizen early next year before we start the process or we start now? Do we have to do our wedding in Nigeria here before we start the whole process? we want to know what options are available for me to relocate to go and join her because we were thinking it will be easier and quicker when she becomes a US citizen.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by andyGh: 4:16am On Mar 20, 2016
Hello CO, I was just denied an immigrate visa (dv lottery visa) last week base on the merit that the winning name is different from the one I used on the visa application forms. It's just the same name but included a day born name in the middle.
I was just trying to follow instructions as stated on the right side of the forms to write the name in the passport. I have then gone ahead to swear an affidavit on the name. What can I do next? Can I petition? and do I need a lawyer to see to that. Do I still have a chance?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by steryville(m): 9:47pm On Mar 20, 2016
Hello VO,
Please kindly assist with clarification on this.i want to know if my fiancee can file a Fiance visa for me even though we have done traditional wedding.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nkkystel(f): 2:26am On Mar 21, 2016
Hello VO,
An interview has been scheduled for my 6 weeks son next month.
Please, I'll like to know if my mum will be allowed to go in with me as her assistance will be needed.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Blueberryblast: 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bleek147(m): 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
Good afternoon sir,

My pettion as being approved and the visa centre has sent my case file to the america embassy lagos.
Today makes 4days since I was told my file as being sent to the embassy. Please how soon will ithey call me and what email address or phone number can I contact with my. number just for them to check if my file is in there embassy.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by andyGh: 4:43am On Mar 25, 2016
Thank you for the good job you are doing here. I was recently (15th March) denied diversity Immigrate visa based 212 (a)5 on winning with a name without a middle name and filing the visa application form (ds260) with a middle name as it appeared in my passport. I submitted documents baring both names I. E marriage certificate, secondary school cert. , employment letter all have the winning name. The CO sheet she gave me wasn’t addressed to me, date or her name. Later realised my police clearance wasn’t returned to me. I have gone ahead to make a statutory declaration on both names hence, do i stand a chance to get my visa and how do i go about it?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 4:23am On Mar 28, 2016
Thanks for your help V.O...finally moved to d U.S.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by amalektch: 5:52am On Mar 31, 2016
LagosNIV:

I was out of the country for a couple of weeks - not much the admins can do about that...
I am in Nigeria for 18 more months; no wahala.

shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Mine11: 3:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
LagosNIV:

Is this an immigrant visa or non-immigrant visa question?
Yes this is an immigrant visa issue, I went for an interview today and I was ask several questions about my spouse and I did answer them correctly, The only problem I have was that I applied for a non immigrants visa in 2009 and it was an agent that fill the form and gave me all the documents intact he gave them me at the premises around the embassy and told me what to do so I really don't know what he filled in the form and eventually I was denied, He stated I was married and I never knew not until the day at my immigrant interview the lady told me that I was once married and I said no so he told me I apply 2009 and I stated I was married so I told her the truth that it was an agent that help me and I did not actually know what was in the form...they gave me a paper and told me they will get back to me within 60 working days that if I don't hear from them I should contact them. What do I need to do, I have told my spouse everything already. Please I need your help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.