Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela (49830 Views)

Fans React To Toke Makinwa's Cleavage Photos: "See Wetin Baba Fadeyi Dey Enjoy" / Fela Kuti Beaten Severely By Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / Tonto Dikeh Steps Out To Worship God In This Outfit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by redsun(m): 10:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
mankan2k7:
.........only if they knew where Fela is now.......they would have reconsider

Blackman! He is here, that is why you talk about him muderfucker. When a person like is gone,not even your children, if you are lucky to have will remember you after one or two years.

1 Like

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by omonnakoda: 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
GreenWhiteGreen:
Person dey burn inside hell, you dey jubilate untop wetin ?
Your mother will never stop burning she will burn to death
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by ewizard1: 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
The surname says it all
"KUTI" Never Die!
#FelaLivesOn

2 Likes

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by ZITRAN: 10:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
GreenWhiteGreen:
are you God?

1 Like

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by speedyGonzales: 10:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
Well, not surprising, Fela's music, energy and personality has a world wide appeal. I have met a lot of music loving Brits that absolutely ardor Fela.

1 Like

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by totorimi: 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2015
Just before you guys attack, I will like to know what exactly is the celebration about because the things I've read about this man Fela suggest that he was an atheist, who smoked Indian hemp publicly even though illegal. He encouraged youths to do same. He treated women like piece of shit by marrying 27 wives in one day . He was always at log ahead with the government.
His former abode in Mosalasi called empire is now one of the most notorious districts in Lagos with various shady characters adorning the area. He eventually died of AIDS complications.
So I'm wandering in my mind, is the celebration about the music content or about the person. If its about the person then I want to see one legacy worth emulating that he left behind and if it is the music indeed I've listened to quite a number and I think they are quite phylosophical and speaks to the conscience.
Be that as it may I'm thinking what if Fela on the other realm is trying to reach out to us to warn us to stop all this celebration and rather pray for him. What exactly are the growing children going to emulate and learn in this celebration..and if the children ask you who is Fela how would you answer the question. A martyr or a...... Don't get me wrong I'm not saying they should forger him all I'm saying is that we need to separate the man from the message in his music to really make the celebration worth the while. in Ben Bruce voice, I just want to make common sense.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Mythinghot(m): 10:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
k1centy:
A legendarily solid amigo
You bam.
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by 4C2215131: 11:02pm On Oct 16, 2015
Chanchit:
Music is a universal language.
But I just don't know if Nigeria can have another Fela.

Some things cannot be replicated. There can be only :

One Fela Anikulapo Kuti, one Michael Jackson, one Michael Jordan, One Tiger Woods, one Messi, One Denzel Washington, one Muhammed Ali, one Martin Luther King, one Robert Ludlum, one Stephen King, one Tupac Shakur, one Notorious B.I.G, one Steven Spielberg, one Enoch Adeboye, one WIlliam Kumuyi, one Wole Soyinka, one Chinia Achebe, one Mercedes Benz, one BMW, one John Fitzgerald Kennedy, one Plato, one Bill Gates, one Steve Jobs, one 4C2215131 and one God.

All others are pretenders to the throne.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Ajalekoko76(m): 11:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
GreenWhiteGreen:

Did u see him in hell or ur faith tells u? Many in ur generation are confused. UA vast in religions and well indoctrinated in ur belief. Evidences of generation are boko haram and gay+lesbianism.

Omo ale...

2 Likes

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Chanchit: 11:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
4C2215131:

Some things cannot be replicated. There can be only :

One Fela Anikulapo Kuti, one Michael Jackson, one Michael Jordan, One Tiger Woods, one Messi, One Denzel Washington, one Muhammed Ali, one Martin Luther King, one Robert Ludlum, one Stephen King, one Tupac Shakur, one Notorious B.I.G, one Steven Spielberg, one Enoch Adeboye, one WIlliam Kumuyi, one Wole Soyinka, one Chinia Achebe, one Mercedes Benz, one BMW, one John Fitzgerald Kennedy, one Plato, one Bill Gates, one Steve Jobs, one 4C2215131 and one God.

All others are pretenders to the throne.

because you added one Messi, I believe everything you said, there can only be one 4C2215131 sef.
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by nwadiuko1(m): 11:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
k1centy:
A legendarily solid amigo
a real black man!
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by NovusHomo(m): 11:23pm On Oct 16, 2015
Chanchit:
Music is a universal language.
But I just don't know if Nigeria can have another Fela.

You are correct. But, their idol said it was "the weapon". How I wish his fans will use it against Boko Harah. As for another Fela...well, I don't know grin
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by M4gunners: 11:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
The number one prophet.
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Triniti(m): 11:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
Africans don't just know how to appreciate it's legends

1 Like

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by stellytwinkle(f): 11:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
Towncrier247:
At the ongoing Felabration last night, Fela’s Black-American lover, Sandra Izsadore (former Sandra Smith) took the stage in an unusual manner when she joined Newben Afrobeat Band from Chile and Femi Anikulapo-Kuti to perform her song with Fela, ‘Upside’.

The Chilean Afrobeat band, with their sonorous voices and energetic Fela like movements publicly described why they loved Fela and all he stood for, worship the late Aba Mi Ede like true subjects. Fela's son, Femi Kuti thereby also led the band to pay homage to Fela Anikulapo-Kuti with burning candles.

This band is not alone in its worship of the legend, as Femi explained that there are people around the world who have dedicated their lives to worship his late father Fela.

See photos below...

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/10/photos-see-people-that-travelled-all.html
worship ke. Hmm.. I comment my reserve
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by ikorodureporta: 11:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
Some underground spiritual tinz...
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by logica(m): 11:55pm On Oct 16, 2015
omonnakoda:
Your mother will never stop burning she will burn to death
LMAO. Na dat one dem dey call, Eternal Olympic Torch. grin

1 Like

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Revolva(m): 12:03am On Oct 17, 2015
GreenWhiteGreen:

Abuse me and die

Who cares about one dead fckn skinny oblong-head weed smoker.

Nigga, I don't. tongue

U r an idiot....have u been to hellbefore fool....quick to judge....brainwashed bastard...in this life no hell no heaven...ok you die you die....ur hell n heaven r here on earth....fool....so as fela was alive you did not see the good things he did for people....he gave people hope shelters n trained pple..so all u will say is him in eternal fire..with torment...dats he deserve for speakin the truth.n creating a music the world appreciate that have bring jobs to pple...u r a fool...u deserve a death blow

1 Like

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Nellybank(m): 12:04am On Oct 17, 2015
Na only she waka come?
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by lebete3000: 12:07am On Oct 17, 2015
Zeedarh:
Theres just one and only 'Fela Anikulapo Kuti'. All dese 'fela wannabes' r counterfeits. smiley

they not tryna be anoda fela...dey just eulogizing him....they are fans.
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by raphy(m): 12:14am On Oct 17, 2015
pesin wey dey hell fire dey smoke giant weed.na hm ppl travel all d way com worshp igbo shrine.tht one na lie.they had abt the free weed they wl gv out thts wht bring them here.they must hv began there importin of naija weed to sale in chile befor ths thread reach fp.5 container ful wt bags of weed is on a shp to chile ths nyt.no try to quote me.unles u no wan see nxt yr.
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by dennisworld1(m): 12:22am On Oct 17, 2015
streaming live
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by dualsurvey: 12:31am On Oct 17, 2015
kechywillz:
How will one worship his fellow human,this is idolization. My worship goes to One and only Father in Heaven.
Dont mind all these fake news reporters, no 1 is worshipping anybody. They've formed their own words & added sugar to sell their news to the world. Silly people!
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Originalsly: 3:36am On Oct 17, 2015
@Totorimi...... it's all about his music content....making the masses conscious of the ways of the oppressors.... and being like the spokesperson for the masses. And yes.... he was at loggerhead with the government..... and even you should be when the government is not serving the citizens. Do we now have any major artiste at loggerhead with the government? ...why ? Felt is legend for the same reason as Bob Marley.
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Funjosh(m): 4:11am On Oct 17, 2015
Respect to Baba 70 cool
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by Funjosh(m): 4:21am On Oct 17, 2015
totorimi:
Just before you guys attack, I will like to know what exactly is the celebration about because the things I've read about this man Fela suggest that he was an atheist, who smoked Indian hemp publicly even though illegal. He encouraged youths to do same. He treated women like piece of shit by marrying 27 wives in one day . He was always at log ahead with the government.
His former abode in Mosalasi called empire is now one of the most notorious districts in Lagos with various shady characters adorning the area. He eventually died of AIDS complications.
So I'm wandering in my mind, is the celebration about the music content or about the person. If its about the person then I want to see one legacy worth emulating that he left behind and if it is the music indeed I've listened to quite a number and I think they are quite phylosophical and speaks to the conscience.
Be that as it may I'm thinking what if Fela on the other realm is trying to reach out to us to warn us to stop all this celebration and rather pray for him. What exactly are the growing children going to emulate and learn in this celebration..and if the children ask you who is Fela how would you answer the question. A martyr or a...... Don't get me wrong I'm not saying they should forger him all I'm saying is that we need to separate the man from the message in his music to really make the celebration worth the while. in Ben Bruce voice, I just want to make common sense.

You are not making one tongue

1 Like

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by cardoctor(m): 4:23am On Oct 17, 2015
Fela. Still unrivaled.

1 Like

Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by nephemmy(m): 4:51am On Oct 17, 2015
Oh boy! Come and see crowd..yeeh
Even crusade no fit get the crowd wey I see for felaburation.. tongue
Lool..
Re: Photos: See the people that travelled all the way from Chile to worship Fela by pasol4real(m): 5:50am On Oct 17, 2015
Imagine say fela still dey alive ,by now baba bubu for don get stroke undecided
Kai,as fayose dey attack from right fela go dey attack from left.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Monalisa Chinda's Bridal Shower / Nigerian Celebrities React After Ruggedman Was Attacked In London / Wale Responds To Fans Calling Olamide A Homosexual For Wearing Sandals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.